Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Weekly Mental Health Check-in 22.08

Jump to newest

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Good morning all, how are you doing?

I’m ok, feeling a bit strange, not sure if I’m a bit under the weather or if it’s anxiety but it’s triggering my health anxiety. I’ve just noticed this morning that I feel like I’m blocking something emotionally, not sure if it’s trying to keep the anxiety down or if it’s another emotion. I think I’ll try some meditation later and see if I can shift it a bit.

How does this week find you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *anBerksMan
over a year ago

Berkshire

All good here thanks OP, 9/10 I’d say

I hope your meditation works for you

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

A bit up and down, but mostly okay.

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"All good here thanks OP, 9/10 I’d say

I hope your meditation works for you "

Thank you! Glad you’re good x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"A bit up and down, but mostly okay."

Sorry about the downs but glad you’re doing ok x

By *iddylad87Man
over a year ago

kidderminster

Thank you! Glad you’re good x"

My mental healths in the gutter

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Good luck for your meditation lou

I'm good. Ready for the kids to go back to school though, I'm missing my weekly solitude moments

Looking forward to spending some zen time down the beach

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Thank you! Glad you’re good x

My mental healths in the gutter"

I’m genuinely sorry to hear that, that sounds rubbish xx

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Good luck for your meditation lou

I'm good. Ready for the kids to go back to school though, I'm missing my weekly solitude moments

Looking forward to spending some zen time down the beach "

Thank you!

That sounds amazing! I’m ready for term time to start again to get some routine and extra adult company back in my life away from home (I’m talking uni, not Fab meets!), I never do well without routine for any length of time x

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

I've been wobbling since Saturday early evening, not exactly sure why or what happened.

It's so unlike me to actually say openly

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"I've been wobbling since Saturday early evening, not exactly sure why or what happened.

It's so unlike me to actually say openly "

I’m humbled that you chose to open up here x

It can sometimes be more disconcerting when there doesn’t seem to be an explanation for it when we’re struggling. Hope you’re feeling better soon x

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

"I've been wobbling since Saturday early evening, not exactly sure why or what happened.

It's so unlike me to actually say openly

I’m humbled that you chose to open up here x

It can sometimes be more disconcerting when there doesn’t seem to be an explanation for it when we’re struggling. Hope you’re feeling better soon x"

Thank you and you x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mental health???

Mine ran away a long time ago, last I remember was a postcard to say it was living its best life with the circus.

over a year ago

Sending positive energy your way!

I hope your meditation does the trick.

over a year ago

Good morning.

I'm not doing great at all, but I reached out on fab last night and got talking to some nice people who chatted to me.

Just trying to get through a day at a time now until I can change my situation.

Hope everyone has a good day

over a year ago

I'm as low as it's possible to get, hubby is too. Impossible to speak/see our GP. I've even been refered to my GP by the police after an adult safeguarding issue, that was about 3 weeks ago ... still waiting for the phone call from my GP.

over a year ago

My brain is totally scrambled. Trying to sort myself out for a party next Saturday. With a funeral next Tuesday. Too many emotions.

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Mental health???

Mine ran away a long time ago, last I remember was a postcard to say it was living its best life with the circus."

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Sending positive energy your way!

I hope your meditation does the trick."

Thank you! x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Good morning.

I'm not doing great at all, but I reached out on fab last night and got talking to some nice people who chatted to me.

Just trying to get through a day at a time now until I can change my situation.

Hope everyone has a good day "

I’m sorry to hear things are difficult right now. Sending love xx

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"I'm as low as it's possible to get, hubby is too. Impossible to speak/see our GP. I've even been refered to my GP by the police after an adult safeguarding issue, that was about 3 weeks ago ... still waiting for the phone call from my GP."

That’s sounds really tough . It might be worth you looking into local support charities for some help while you wait maybe. Hope you’re not waiting too much longer xx

over a year ago

I’m feeling angry pissed off just down right anti social did not take meds this morning not good idea still

Tell it how it is

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"My brain is totally scrambled. Trying to sort myself out for a party next Saturday. With a funeral next Tuesday. Too many emotions."

I’m sorry for your loss. I hope you manage ok this week xx

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"I’m feeling angry pissed off just down right anti social did not take meds this morning not good idea still

Tell it how it is

"

Sending love xx

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Mentally good, fucking elbow tendonitis though

over a year ago

A million things in my head today. Have been unable to sort one of my real life issues.

Anyway, Lou, as always I am here to send you love and light

Appreciate you. X

over a year ago

Im dwelling a bit have most of the weekend really dunno if its cos im tired from being so busy

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Mentally good, fucking elbow tendonitis though "

Sorry to hear that, that sounds sore

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"A million things in my head today. Have been unable to sort one of my real life issues.

Anyway, Lou, as always I am here to send you love and light

Appreciate you. X"

That sounds tiring xx

Thank you

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Im dwelling a bit have most of the weekend really dunno if its cos im tired from being so busy"

I hope you can get some rest and it passes for you soon x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/08/22 15:33:53]

over a year ago

Well I’ll let you into a secret - a couple of months ago I had a lot of blood in my wee… I know what I think it was (runners haematuria) but being 45 and with a family history of cancer I had it checked out… lots of tests later - this morning it’s all clear… phew So mental health is fine and I still have a weeks leave from work also yay

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Well I’ll let you into a secret - a couple of months ago I had a lot of blood in my wee… I know what I think it was (runners haematuria) but being 45 and with a family history of cancer I had it checked out… lots of tests later - this morning it’s all clear… phew So mental health is fine and I still have a weeks leave from work also yay"

I’m so glad it was good news! And breathe…. x

over a year ago

Huge breath out…. X

over a year ago

"Im dwelling a bit have most of the weekend really dunno if its cos im tired from being so busy

I hope you can get some rest and it passes for you soon x"

me too cheers

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Markfield

Hugs to all in need.

I’ve had a strange week really good in parts and awful in others.

Possibly the best thing was actually managing to arrange and achieve a social

My head is currently very muddled and so I’m not having much clarity in my thought processes. Blah x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Hugs to all in need.

I’ve had a strange week really good in parts and awful in others.

Possibly the best thing was actually managing to arrange and achieve a social

My head is currently very muddled and so I’m not having much clarity in my thought processes. Blah x

"

Bless you, that sounds really frustrating. Well done on the social though! Not sure it’s something my anxiety would let me go through atm so I understand your sense of achievement! I hope everything feels a bit easier very soon x

By *m389Man
over a year ago

Bromley

My head is a mess, my life is a mess.

I’m hoping the counselling I’m getting later on helps or else I don’t know what I’m going to do.

over a year ago

"My head is a mess, my life is a mess.

I’m hoping the counselling I’m getting later on helps or else I don’t know what I’m going to do."

I hope it helps… best wishes

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"My head is a mess, my life is a mess.

I’m hoping the counselling I’m getting later on helps or else I don’t know what I’m going to do."

Just go in and be as open and honest as possible. If it doesn’t work don’t give up, not every counsellor or type of counselling is a good fit for every person. Fingers crossed for you x

over a year ago

"I'm as low as it's possible to get, hubby is too. Impossible to speak/see our GP. I've even been refered to my GP by the police after an adult safeguarding issue, that was about 3 weeks ago ... still waiting for the phone call from my GP.

That’s sounds really tough . It might be worth you looking into local support charities for some help while you wait maybe. Hope you’re not waiting too much longer xx"

Thank you x

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Hey Lou! Hope you're well? All good with me. In France for a few days. Remember, problem shared, problem halved x

over a year ago

"I’m feeling angry pissed off just down right anti social did not take meds this morning not good idea still

Tell it how it is

Sending love xx"

Thank you

Send big hugs and wishes a day full of sparkles and good wishes

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Not great.

I am sleeping sooooo badly. Not sure if it's the heat, or my autistic over-thinking, but feels like it's becoming a bit of a pattern.

Plus, the heat means neither of us are getting as much sex as we want!

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Just go in and be as open and honest as possible. If it doesn’t work don’t give up, not every counsellor or type of counselling is a good fit for every person. Fingers crossed for you x"

Such good advice.

By *oobaaMan
over a year ago

South Shields

Mixed...like a lot of people on here.

Bit of a bad end to last week but did enjoy the weekend.

Met with my ex and we sorted a load of stuff out between us which left me feeling very positive.

Still no news on a CPN but Iam told the list is growing but I can get a quick appointment with the GP practice nurse if I need to ask anything.

Disappointingly, I made a brief post on the other fab about what had happened to me and received a 24 ban/time out whatever you want to call it...how unthoughtful.

Never mind, just have to pick myself up and try not to let it bother me.

Take care everyone

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Hey Lou! Hope you're well? All good with me. In France for a few days. Remember, problem shared, problem halved x"

I found out the rescheduled date for my son’s surgery yesterday, within an hour my anxiety was awful again. I’ll be ok though, always am!

Have a lovely time in France! x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Not great.

I am sleeping sooooo badly. Not sure if it's the heat, or my autistic over-thinking, but feels like it's becoming a bit of a pattern.

Plus, the heat means neither of us are getting as much sex as we want! "

Bad sleep is a nightmare, I’m so sorry you’re struggling. Hope it’s a phase that passes for you very soon x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Not great.

Plus, the heat means neither of us are getting as much sex as we want!

Bad sleep is a nightmare, I’m so sorry you’re struggling. Hope it’s a phase that passes for you very soon x"

Unintentional ‘nightmare’ pun btw!

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Mixed...like a lot of people on here.

Bit of a bad end to last week but did enjoy the weekend.

Met with my ex and we sorted a load of stuff out between us which left me feeling very positive.

Still no news on a CPN but Iam told the list is growing but I can get a quick appointment with the GP practice nurse if I need to ask anything.

Disappointingly, I made a brief post on the other fab about what had happened to me and received a 24 ban/time out whatever you want to call it...how unthoughtful.

Never mind, just have to pick myself up and try not to let it bother me.

Take care everyone

"

Sorry to hear you were punished for sharing your experiences, that sounds frustrating. Good news about the ex though, I’m glad that turned out ok for you xx

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

As I think I've posted on here in previous weeks this year has been tough with 3 suicide attempts, the most recent less than 3 months ago.

Before that it was 4 years ago. 4 years ago today as Facebook memories kindly reminded me. And it's pissed me off. Because I've posted about it every year and I've always been really positive about my recovery and well that's well and truly gone now. So I'm far more pissed off than I'd expected. I've gone so far backwards this year and even though I'm recovering now I'm so far behind where I've previously been and that just seems so unfair. And even though I'm recovering and generally quite positive about how I am doing, I'm tired of fighting and struggling because I've still got a long way to go.

I'm not sure that makes sense?

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"As I think I've posted on here in previous weeks this year has been tough with 3 suicide attempts, the most recent less than 3 months ago.

Before that it was 4 years ago. 4 years ago today as Facebook memories kindly reminded me. And it's pissed me off. Because I've posted about it every year and I've always been really positive about my recovery and well that's well and truly gone now. So I'm far more pissed off than I'd expected. I've gone so far backwards this year and even though I'm recovering now I'm so far behind where I've previously been and that just seems so unfair. And even though I'm recovering and generally quite positive about how I am doing, I'm tired of fighting and struggling because I've still got a long way to go.

I'm not sure that makes sense?"

It does make sense but I’m curious about this idea of distance and progress in terms of distance and the idea of you going backwards. It feels like a visualisation you’re maintaining and I wonder just how useful that is to you at the moment. When you think of this distance, and you talk about having a long way to go, what is it that is your ultimate aim or the point you’re hoping to reach?

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Good morning all, how are you doing?

I’m ok, feeling a bit strange, not sure if I’m a bit under the weather or if it’s anxiety but it’s triggering my health anxiety. I’ve just noticed this morning that I feel like I’m blocking something emotionally, not sure if it’s trying to keep the anxiety down or if it’s another emotion. I think I’ll try some meditation later and see if I can shift it a bit.

How does this week find you?"

Feeling like trash but nothing new.....well. the low libido is newish...about 3 months...the chronic fatigue and insomnia not so much. Can't really talk about sex in my other support groups so here I am on FAb. Although the inundation by men wants me to leg it!! Rationally I know running away and avoiding doesn't do me any good so I'm going to try to work with it. Off to my sedative meds.

over a year ago

I'm ok, but my physical wellbeing is worrying me - I'm desperately tired all the time, but can't sleep, feel dizzy, I've had a headache for 10 days and zero energy .. I can literally feel myself getting weaker daily, so I'm going to book into docs for vit D, thyroid +B12 check. Fingers crossed its one of those

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I'm ok, but my physical wellbeing is worrying me - I'm desperately tired all the time, but can't sleep, feel dizzy, I've had a headache for 10 days and zero energy .. I can literally feel myself getting weaker daily, so I'm going to book into docs for vit D, thyroid +B12 check. Fingers crossed its one of those "

I'm becoming convinced it's the peri-menopause/menopause. What ever it is, it sucks and not in a good way. Good luck at the GP.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"As I think I've posted on here in previous weeks this year has been tough with 3 suicide attempts, the most recent less than 3 months ago.

It does make sense but I’m curious about this idea of distance and progress in terms of distance and the idea of you going backwards. It feels like a visualisation you’re maintaining and I wonder just how useful that is to you at the moment. When you think of this distance, and you talk about having a long way to go, what is it that is your ultimate aim or the point you’re hoping to reach? "

It's hard to explain, I quite liked there bring 4 years since my last attempt. 4 years without an attempt is something to celebrate. 12 weeks, well that's not so great, 3 attempts in 6 months that's not so great either.

I think I measure my success with how long it's been since attempts,I feel the passage of time means I'm further away from the person that wanted to die and thst I'm the person who copes.

Again I'm nor sure thst makes sense.

The ultimate aim is to cope with life, and enjoy it, to me one of the measures of that has to be the last time I attempted suicide in the same way how long I've been sober is a measure.

I realise that using 'how long since my last suicide attempt' as a barometer of how well I am is possibly setting the bar quite low...

By *tudentForFunMan
over a year ago

Craigavon

Awful lol

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

It does make sense but I’m curious about this idea of distance and progress in terms of distance and the idea of you going backwards. It feels like a visualisation you’re maintaining and I wonder just how useful that is to you at the moment. When you think of this distance, and you talk about having a long way to go, what is it that is your ultimate aim or the point you’re hoping to reach?

It's hard to explain, I quite liked there bring 4 years since my last attempt. 4 years without an attempt is something to celebrate. 12 weeks, well that's not so great, 3 attempts in 6 months that's not so great either.

I think I measure my success with how long it's been since attempts,I feel the passage of time means I'm further away from the person that wanted to die and thst I'm the person who copes.

The ultimate aim is to cope with life, and enjoy it, to me one of the measures of that has to be the last time I attempted suicide in the same way how long I've been sober is a measure.

I realise that using 'how long since my last suicide attempt' as a barometer of how well I am is possibly setting the bar quite low...

"

I break it down into smaller wins that my brain can cope with. So there are things I have to do daily, every other day and weekly to stay mentally stable. I need to go to work for example...I cannot stay in my flat not working...that led to my first serious attempt and hospitalisation in the HDU.That way at the end of the day I can say well today wasn't completely terrible and tomorrow is another day. Working on a smaller scale helped me cope to put all those small days together to add up to 6 years since the section crew had to come out....aka the cops and the ambulance....they don't send the men in white coats anymore. lol! that way If I fall off the wagon or have a treacherous day, I don't beat myself up for losing on one day. Relapse can be part of the journey and I notice that I get back on the wagon faster now.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Awful lol"

Hugs.

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Markfield

"

Is it to simplistic (or possibly too difficult) to change your measure to “this amount of time that I’ve lived” or “this amount of time since I first tried to die”

I don’t want to sound glib and apologies if this comes across in anyway other than my intention, which is to help.

I live with intrusive suicidal thoughts. All day. Everyday. Even in my dreams. But each day the action trigger gets ignored. I think about it and am able to say, ‘not today’. I’ve been doing that since I was in my early teens. I’ve not always been able to ignore the action trigger and sometimes the thoughts get louder than anything and everything else in the world. But there have only been five action trigger attempts. Two in the past two years. But I’m still alive.

Are you having thoughts at the moment? Do you need to talk?

By *ocknrollerMan
over a year ago

the sticks

[Removed by poster at 26/08/22 00:40:57]

By *ocknrollerMan
over a year ago

the sticks

I'm struggling this week. It's all quite new to me. Life has pulled the rug out from under my feet the last few weeks and totally knocked me down.

I'm really starting to scare myself too. I hope it gets better before I do something stupid.

And I hope for all of you on this post, that you're not hurting like this, and that you feel better soon too. xx

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I'm struggling this week. It's all quite new to me. Life has pulled the rug out from under my feet the last few weeks and totally knocked me down.

I'm really starting to scare myself too. I hope it gets better before I do something stupid.

And I hope for all of you on this post, that you're not hurting like this, and that you feel better soon too. xx"

Hugs....I've been looking for the rug for years..... but it seems more like a magic carpet that has flown away... Was going to say use a support network but If you live in the sticks in Scotland...that can be quite isolating. I'm lucky that I live in London. We've got enough resources down here to keep ticking over. For reference, what keeping me together...Besides Fab....meds..Gp, pharmacist, therapist, therapy group, Leisure centre and bicycle, support group, personal trainer, work and anonymous 12 step groups. Some of this has migrated online due to the pandemic but I can still insist on a face to face if necessary.

Don't suffer alone. No judgement.

Post new Message to Thread