Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Energy Crisis

Jump to newest

By *r-8-BBC OP   Man
over a year ago

LONDON

So, I got a letter today from my energy supplier stating my tariff will change and my energy bill will be increasing. It also state its due to Putin and his war with Ukraine. I watched a documentary the other day showing the breakdown of the UK's energy supply. As a country we only import 10-20% from Russia and the majority of the energy we use we actually produce it ourselves so my question is why the high price of energy this winter ? Seem like is more to do with profit than war.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You will accept the narrative, or re-education camps will ensure you do.

It’s *all* to do with Putin, and *nothing* to do with the Great Reset.

Comprende?

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

We don't have the capacity to store it so sell it abroad apparently so at times when we need it we have to buy it. We'll be buying it from other countries when it's at it highest price (from what I know).

Also from what I read, OFGEM who are managing those customers from the busted companies last year, as they are a regulator not a supplier, they do not (apparently) have traders able to buy gas in advance (say if a cut is expected), and instead buy at daily prices.

It means OFGEM is paying prices more than instead of buying say for 3 months at a time (or whatever) .. which adds to a price spiral, as suppliers like EON etc etc can only buy say 3-6 months worth no matter what the price is.

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

We might not get much of our energy from Russia but those that do are looking for alternatives. That means bigger demand for a smaller supply. Hence the price increase.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

In fairness I'm happy to pay more to see the providers post record profits. I like to support capitalism and as Liz Truss said profit is good right?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As much as I hate what is going on in Ukraine the west always need a bad guy to blame. There’s always one and as soon as he is dealt with they’ll focus on another.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"In fairness I'm happy to pay more to see the providers post record profits. I like to support capitalism and as Liz Truss said profit is good right?"

We need to ensure the Chief executives are properly rewarded for the amazing they do in society, the oiks and plebs who do little to produce such profits like the nurses, teachers, firefighters, police, care workers etc should work harder this winter to keep warm..

Clapping for prolonged periods might help too..

Post new Message to Thread