Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lip fillers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone else think that women who puff their lips out with fillers just look ridiculous? A little bit isn't too bad but some just go way too far.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I can’t agree more there. Bless them. Really

over a year ago

Bookmarking

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Nope not at all each to their own I say! I wouldn't have them but those that do do it because they like the look not to suit other people x

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

It looks off-putting.

over a year ago

Whilst it isn't something that personally appeals to me, I really don't think a thread like this is necessary.

over a year ago

I’m sure those women could say the same about the things some men do but they aren’t as judgemental.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Their body, their choice.

over a year ago

"I’m sure those women could say the same about the things some men do but they aren’t as judgemental."

I'm not judging anyone, just asking if anyone had the same view as me thats all

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Some do look better than others I have to say .

over a year ago

"I’m sure those women could say the same about the things some men do but they aren’t as judgemental.

I'm not judging anyone, just asking if anyone had the same view as me thats all"

Maybe not intentionally but saying they look ridiculous sounds pretty judgemental.

over a year ago

Nope if it makes a women feel good about herself then why shouldnt she?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Each to their own

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

Did you know, body dysmorphia, due to unrealistic beauty standards and people just generally being shitty about others appearance is a thing, OP?

over a year ago

I think it's okay to say something looks ridiculous if that's what you think. I personally do think they look ridiculous, that's just my opinion. People are more than welcome to have an opinion on my appearance good or bad. What other people think of me isn't any of my business.

over a year ago

"Did you know, body dysmorphia, due to unrealistic beauty standards and people just generally being shitty about others appearance is a thing, OP? "

I've heard of it and I dont know how society has got to the stage where women should think they need to do this just to be more pleasing on the eye.

over a year ago

"I think it's okay to say something looks ridiculous if that's what you think. I personally do think they look ridiculous, that's just my opinion. People are more than welcome to have an opinion on my appearance good or bad. What other people think of me isn't any of my business. "

That doesn't mean I'll take this piss out of someone or be cruel to them. It's their choice and that's that. Just not for me.

over a year ago

"I think it's okay to say something looks ridiculous if that's what you think. I personally do think they look ridiculous, that's just my opinion. People are more than welcome to have an opinion on my appearance good or bad. What other people think of me isn't any of my business. "

Other people aren’t as thick skinned and SOME people get lip fillers because they’re already self conscious about their appearance. Saying you don’t like them is fine but there’s no need to say they look ridiculous.

I’m not offended either I just think the wording of the post in unnecessary.

over a year ago

Ok, maybe ridiculous was the wrong word, I just think there's no need for it

By *ociable-NottmCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Many women have them & you wouldn’t know, we personally know a few women who have regular top ups, for them it’s self care we also deserve self care

over a year ago

"I think it's okay to say something looks ridiculous if that's what you think. I personally do think they look ridiculous, that's just my opinion. People are more than welcome to have an opinion on my appearance good or bad. What other people think of me isn't any of my business.

Other people aren’t as thick skinned and SOME people get lip fillers because they’re already self conscious about their appearance. Saying you don’t like them is fine but there’s no need to say they look ridiculous.

I’m not offended either I just think the wording of the post in unnecessary."

Maybe the wording was unnecessary or necessary to show how ridiculous our society is becoming ! Filling your lip to look like an ideal that beauty magazines are creating ?! Really ?

over a year ago

"Many women have them & you wouldn’t know, we personally know a few women who have regular top ups, for them it’s self care we also deserve self care "

Thats all good but when did it get to the stage where some go to the extreme and go massive?

over a year ago

"I think it's okay to say something looks ridiculous if that's what you think. I personally do think they look ridiculous, that's just my opinion. People are more than welcome to have an opinion on my appearance good or bad. What other people think of me isn't any of my business.

Maybe the wording was unnecessary or necessary to show how ridiculous our society is becoming ! Filling your lip to look like an ideal that beauty magazines are creating ?! Really ?

"

It’s been happening forever it’s just more accessible now.

Saying the false beauty standards of the western world are ridiculous is fine. It probably is but men in general should just stop commenting on women’s bodies and let them crack on.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

The problem with body dysmorphia is that people who look perfectly fine end up making permanent changes to their body which make them look worse. It’s a very sad situation as in their meeting bud they feel that they are improving their looks.

Having an opinion is perfectly fine, but I’d try and articulate it a little more kindly.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"The problem with body dysmorphia is that people who look perfectly fine end up making permanent changes to their body which make them look worse. It’s a very sad situation as in their meeting bud they feel that they are improving their looks.

Having an opinion is perfectly fine, but I’d try and articulate it a little more kindly. "

Mind, not meeting bud!

By *ltra72Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Whilst it isn't something that personally appeals to me, I really don't think a thread like this is necessary. "

Couldn’t agree more, each to their own

over a year ago

Next people will be calling them fake lips

over a year ago

Saying the false beauty standards of the western world are ridiculous is fine. It probably is but men in general should just stop commenting on women’s bodies and let them crack on."

Well those women are doing that because they believe it makes them more attractive to the eyes of others ? While those others wouldn’t be able to comment on what they find attractive or not?

over a year ago

Saying the false beauty standards of the western world are ridiculous is fine. It probably is but men in general should just stop commenting on women’s bodies and let them crack on."

It is a false beauty standard, and I'm only talking about lips..do what you like with your tits its fine by me! But won't it get to the stage where its no longer fashionable or attractive?

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Not a fan personally

By *ociable-NottmCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Many women have them & you wouldn’t know, we personally know a few women who have regular top ups, for them it’s self care we also deserve self care

Thats all good but when did it get to the stage where some go to the extreme and go massive? "

Good question op something we can’t answer, the women we know haven’t gone massive can only say they are happy with having them done

over a year ago

I’m not offended either I just think the wording of the post in unnecessary."

For whatever reason, they've chosen to do it to themselves. They must think it looks good on other people or they wouldn't do it, whatever their reason is for doing it. They think it looks good, I think it looks ridiculous. I don't see why I can't say that seeing that the OP's post was about what people think of them. That's what I think. Just my opinion. Hardly a massively offensive one at that. As a society we really are lacking resilience if that's deemed an unacceptable comment. I'll reiterate though. I would never target someone online or in real life about their appearance and certainly never take the piss, but that doesn't stop me having an opinion, and we were asked about our thoughts on it.

over a year ago

Saying the false beauty standards of the western world are ridiculous is fine. It probably is but men in general should just stop commenting on women’s bodies and let them crack on.

Well those women are doing that because they believe it makes them more attractive to the eyes of others ? While those others wouldn’t be able to comment on what they find attractive or not? "

No. They’re probably doing it because it makes them feel better about their own appearance. Not for other people to comment on.

Despite what a lot of people may think women don’t do everything for the attention of men.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s expensive - lip fillers/Botox

You will soon start to see the results of those that can no longer afford it. I think they look dreadful

Pout Trout

over a year ago

It is a false beauty standard, and I'm only talking about lips..do what you like with your tits its fine by me! But won't it get to the stage where its no longer fashionable or attractive?"

They aren’t permanent. They have to be topped up every 6 months or so.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

opinions are like arse holes,, everybodys got one.

over a year ago

Plenty of women commenting on men's bodies too. Especially on Fab. Go and look at some of the profiles. It's not all one way traffic.

I will say however I'm not judging anyone on their appearance or what they choose to do to themselves. I don't understand why I can't say I think they look ridiculous.

over a year ago

For whatever reason, they've chosen to do it to themselves. They must think it looks good on other people or they wouldn't do it, whatever their reason is for doing it. They think it looks good, I think it looks ridiculous. I don't see why I can't say that seeing that the OP's post was about what people think of them. That's what I think. Just my opinion. Hardly a massively offensive one at that. As a society we really are lacking resilience if that's deemed an unacceptable comment. I'll reiterate though. I would never target someone online or in real life about their appearance and certainly never take the piss, but that doesn't stop me having an opinion, and we were asked about our thoughts on it."

I get asked my opinion on lots of thing and choose not to give it because my opinion could be seen as insensitive. That’s how I was raised and I’m sure you were raised the same. Especially when it comes to peoples appearances.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Well those women are doing that because they believe it makes them more attractive to the eyes of others ? While those others wouldn’t be able to comment on what they find attractive or not?

No. They’re probably doing it because it makes them feel better about their own appearance. Not for other people to comment on.

Despite what a lot of people may think women don’t do everything for the attention of men."

Appearance might make people feel good in themselves, but it’s the positive perception of others that makes them feel good.

In other words people change their appearance for others, men and women.

over a year ago

Despite what a lot of people may think women don’t do everything for the attention of men."

Their own appearance which is massively influenced by the social world.

As soon as you follow a beauty standard/ideal defined by society, you are doing it for attention. The attention of anyone. Men or women.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Plenty of women commenting on men's bodies too. Especially on Fab. Go and look at some of the profiles. It's not all one way traffic.

I will say however I'm not judging anyone on their appearance or what they choose to do to themselves. I don't understand why I can't say I think they look ridiculous.

"

You can.

over a year ago

"

And if I didn’t talk so much shite on the forums daily you could click the green arrow and see me calling women out for the same thing.

over a year ago

Despite what a lot of people may think women don’t do everything for the attention of men.

As soon as you follow a beauty standard/ideal defined by society, you are doing it for attention. The attention of anyone. Men or women. "

So your haircut and beard is for female attention? Mine is because I’m going grey round the sides and I’m too lazy to shave.

over a year ago

For whatever reason, they've chosen to do it to themselves. They must think it looks good on other people or they wouldn't do it, whatever their reason is for doing it. They think it looks good, I think it looks ridiculous. I don't see why I can't say that seeing that the OP's post was about what people think of them. That's what I think. Just my opinion. Hardly a massively offensive one at that. As a society we really are lacking resilience if that's deemed an unacceptable comment. I'll reiterate though. I would never target someone online or in real life about their appearance and certainly never take the piss, but that doesn't stop me having an opinion, and we were asked about our thoughts on it.

I get asked my opinion on lots of thing and choose not to give it because my opinion could be seen as insensitive. That’s how I was raised and I’m sure you were raised the same. Especially when it comes to peoples appearances."

If someone i knew had gone too far and they asked me what I thought I'd tell em straight up, just how I am, as for targeting an individual and saying it then no I wouldn't do that but I think its a trend that needs reversing

over a year ago

As soon as you follow a beauty standard/ideal defined by society, you are doing it for attention. The attention of anyone. Men or women.

So your haircut and beard is for female attention? Mine is because I’m going grey round the sides and I’m too lazy to shave. "

Fucking yes to a certain extent it is ! I’d be a fool to believe the opposite.

over a year ago

So your haircut and beard is for female attention? Mine is because I’m going grey round the sides and I’m too lazy to shave. "

Not sure if that comment is for me or the other person who commented on my original comment. Too easy to get lost with who's said what on these posts. To clarify though, I never said women do it for men's attention. That was someone else

over a year ago

I was going to try it on my cock, but people reckon a cock with lips is just too weird.

over a year ago

So your haircut and beard is for female attention? Mine is because I’m going grey round the sides and I’m too lazy to shave.

Fucking yes to a certain extent it is ! I’d be a fool to believe the opposite. "

And you did that because you followed a western beauty standard. I’m failing to see why yours is acceptable and theirs isn’t.

over a year ago

Not sure if that comment is for me or the other person who commented on my original comment. Too easy to get lost with who's said what on these posts. To clarify though, I never said women do it for men's attention. That was someone else "

It was for someone else. I should really cut out the rest of the conversation

over a year ago

"I was going to try it on my cock, but people reckon a cock with lips is just too weird."

Go for it. Who cares what people say and think anyway

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Not sure if that comment is for me or the other person who commented on my original comment. Too easy to get lost with who's said what on these posts. To clarify though, I never said women do it for men's attention. That was someone else "

I wear a push up bra and a pretty low top sometimes. It gets male attention, and that makes me feel good.

over a year ago

Not sure if that comment is for me or the other person who commented on my original comment. Too easy to get lost with who's said what on these posts. To clarify though, I never said women do it for men's attention. That was someone else

It was for someone else. I should really cut out the rest of the conversation "

over a year ago

Not a fan myself but then I was blessed with pretty full lips! So not for me to judge!

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

And you did that because you followed a western beauty standard. I’m failing to see why yours is acceptable and theirs isn’t."

I do t think he did say it was unacceptable, just gave an opinion on why they might do it.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Did you know, body dysmorphia, due to unrealistic beauty standards and people just generally being shitty about others appearance is a thing, OP?

I've heard of it and I dont know how society has got to the stage where women should think they need to do this just to be more pleasing on the eye. "

They probably don't do it for others they do it cos they like how they look for themselves maybe??x

over a year ago

And you did that because you followed a western beauty standard. I’m failing to see why yours is acceptable and theirs isn’t.

I do t think he did say it was unacceptable, just gave an opinion on why they might do it."

I was actually meant to say ridiculous. Apologies.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"

Or because they like how it looks maybe?? X

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I do t think he did say it was unacceptable, just gave an opinion on why they might do it.

I was actually meant to say ridiculous. Apologies."

It happens…

over a year ago

And you did that because you followed a western beauty standard. I’m failing to see why yours is acceptable and theirs isn’t."

To a certain extent yes I did. Mind you it may not be entirely westernised.

You got a point there. I guess one narrative looks like it is more acceptable than other. Although it could be argued that lip fillers exist in the first place it is because a dominant narrative has been pushed onto those women who feel or felt bad with their natural lips.

over a year ago

"Not a fan myself but then I was blessed with pretty full lips! So not for me to judge! "

Yours are natural, lovely size and shape.

I get that some women have thin or thinner lips than others and want a better shape to them but some just go too far

over a year ago

I have lip filler and I’m gonna be bold and say my lips look damn fucking good!!!

over a year ago

"I have lip filler and I’m gonna be bold and say my lips look damn fucking good!!! "

Love your attitude

over a year ago

Each to their own and I worry more about the reasons why some ladies think they need to pump themselves full of chemicals to achieve a certain look.

I work with a girl, she is beautiful yet has no body confidence, always looking to 'improve' her looks, botox and lip fillers are as much a part of her regime as going to the hairdresser....I just think there needs to be more thought and care into the psychological reasons behind wanting to change a physical appearance and making sure that the profession is regulated properly, too many rogues out there ready to take the money to fill a body full of God knows what

over a year ago

My top lip is quite thin and I’ve thought about it plus thought about botox etc just a subtle look but not sure it’s a road I want to start going down really.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"It’s expensive - lip fillers/Botox

You will soon start to see the results of those that can no longer afford it. I think they look dreadful

Pout Trout "

As always, DC is spot on. They do look dreadful.

How can it be acceptable to permanently alter your appearance with unnecessary medical intervention? In most cases, ending up looking like an identi-kit of what society deems we should look like. Dye/style your hair, lose/gain weight, wear make up or a push up bra or grow a bloody beard. And if that doesn't help, get counseling. We need to change this mindset

over a year ago

"My top lip is quite thin and I’ve thought about it plus thought about botox etc just a subtle look but not sure it’s a road I want to start going down really. "

For what it is worth. I find your lips very attractive actually

over a year ago

"Each to their own and I worry more about the reasons why some ladies think they need to pump themselves full of chemicals to achieve a certain look.

I work with a girl, she is beautiful yet has no body confidence, always looking to 'improve' her looks, botox and lip fillers are as much a part of her regime as going to the hairdresser....I just think there needs to be more thought and care into the psychological reasons behind wanting to change a physical appearance and making sure that the profession is regulated properly, too many rogues out there ready to take the money to fill a body full of God knows what "

Exactly that, I worry about the reasons and where it will end.

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

"Each to their own and I worry more about the reasons why some ladies think they need to pump themselves full of chemicals to achieve a certain look.

I work with a girl, she is beautiful yet has no body confidence, always looking to 'improve' her looks, botox and lip fillers are as much a part of her regime as going to the hairdresser....I just think there needs to be more thought and care into the psychological reasons behind wanting to change a physical appearance and making sure that the profession is regulated properly, too many rogues out there ready to take the money to fill a body full of God knows what

"

Read comments on perfectly beautiful pictures posted on social media... Might give you an idea... Insecure people say fucking disgusting things to others, on the Internet and face to face... Unfortunately blowing out someone elses flame doesn't make theirs burn brighter!

over a year ago

People used to tease people with big lips and now they’re doing anything to get them lol

Beauty standards are impossible to keep up with.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

All those fillers do make everyone kind of look the same. They wear the same clothes, currently crocs too, then their faces all the same too.

over a year ago

Yes they do look ridiculous… so unnatural they look ugly… sigh… but some vulnerable people are easily parted with their money.

over a year ago

"All those fillers do make everyone kind of look the same. They wear the same clothes, currently crocs too, then their faces all the same too. "

I beg to differ. I don’t own crocs and my face and lips are very different to the next.

We shouldn’t judge people on what they chose to do for themselves! We don’t know the reasons behind it. I admit some over do it or possibly go to a poor practitioner but if you do your research, don’t go for the cheapest option, do it gradual then they can look just lovely!!

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"All those fillers do make everyone kind of look the same. They wear the same clothes, currently crocs too, then their faces all the same too.

I beg to differ. I don’t own crocs and my face and lips are very different to the next.

We shouldn’t judge people on what they chose to do for themselves! We don’t know the reasons behind it. I admit some over do it or possibly go to a poor practitioner but if you do your research, don’t go for the cheapest option, do it gradual then they can look just lovely!! "

I didn't say they look good or bad, just similar. They'd make for a tough game of guess who.

over a year ago

Read comments on perfectly beautiful pictures posted on social media... Might give you an idea... Insecure people say fucking disgusting things to others, on the Internet and face to face... Unfortunately blowing out someone elses flame doesn't make theirs burn brighter! "

I'm not on any social media but I know what your talking about and I think its disgusting what ppl are allowed to say to other ppl, I'd never deliberately set out to hurt someone's feelings or try to knock anyones confidence, I haven't got much of my own and I know how hard it is to feel good about yourself. If giving them a little plump makes you feel better about yourself then great but let's not go down the route of bigger is better

over a year ago

"My top lip is quite thin and I’ve thought about it plus thought about botox etc just a subtle look but not sure it’s a road I want to start going down really.

For what it is worth. I find your lips very attractive actually "

Aww thank you. I do get compliments on my lips and smile in general. Just a self confidence issue but I have that many issues and imperfections, too many to fix. Actually saying that out loud I do think it stems from what is thrown in my face of what the beauty standards should be. My lips never used to bother me. Social media shows us big lips, small noses, tiny waists and big arses are what a woman should look like. I think it does affect how women see themselves.

over a year ago

I'm fortunate to have plump lips naturally but if it makes ladies feel good to have it done then why not? Think some of the guys on this thread may have a few blocks coming

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I do think surgeons should be held accountable for some operations they perform....from over inflated lips, tits and arses. Enhancement can be nice but some do look absolutely ridiculous x

over a year ago

"All those fillers do make everyone kind of look the same. They wear the same clothes, currently crocs too, then their faces all the same too.

We shouldn’t judge people on what they chose to do for themselves! We don’t know the reasons behind it. I admit some over do it or possibly go to a poor practitioner but if you do your research, don’t go for the cheapest option, do it gradual then they can look just lovely!!

I didn't say they look good or bad, just similar. They'd make for a tough game of guess who. "

And yes, I’d agree if referring to bad filler, over done filler but not ALL filler.

over a year ago

"I'm fortunate to have plump lips naturally but if it makes ladies feel good to have it done then why not? Think some of the guys on this thread may have a few blocks coming "

Devastated

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I didn't say they look good or bad, just similar. They'd make for a tough game of guess who.

And yes, I’d agree if referring to bad filler, over done filler but not ALL filler."

Yeah the good ones you can't even tell, it just enhances.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I don't understand the hold social media has over people. Maybe I'm too old to understand it? Back in the day, we didn't have it, we had peer pressure. I didn't bend to that, either. I guess I've always done my own thing.

And no, I'm far from perfect. Especially now that I'm getting older. I look at photos of younger me wistfully. But we are all unique & we all get old. I choose to embrace it.

over a year ago

"I don't understand the hold social media has over people. Maybe I'm too old to understand it? Back in the day, we didn't have it, we had peer pressure. I didn't bend to that, either. I guess I've always done my own thing.

And no, I'm far from perfect. Especially now that I'm getting older. I look at photos of younger me wistfully. But we are all unique & we all get old. I choose to embrace it. "

Here here

over a year ago

"I do think surgeons should be held accountable for some operations they perform....from over inflated lips, tits and arses. Enhancement can be nice but some do look absolutely ridiculous x"

Yep, and I don't know why others are getting shot down for saying it... Are we not doing more harm than good by only allowing the arse blowing comments... Maybe this is part of the problem, we have become a society where we can't say what we think and can't take constructive criticism....maybe it does lead to the ridiculous look when people are left to their own devices....

over a year ago

Social media has nothing to do with my decision to have filler. Over the last 3 years I’ve lost a considerable amount of weight. As a result I lost the natural plumpness and elasticity in my lips. I chose to have filler to get them back to how they used to look!

over a year ago

"I don't understand the hold social media has over people. Maybe I'm too old to understand it? Back in the day, we didn't have it, we had peer pressure. I didn't bend to that, either. I guess I've always done my own thing.

And no, I'm far from perfect. Especially now that I'm getting older. I look at photos of younger me wistfully. But we are all unique & we all get old. I choose to embrace it. "

peer pressure still exists. And media projections of beauty which did lots of (irreparable) damage to people’s idea of themselves did exist still back in the day although perhaps not as influential as today I don’t know. Social media will influence what is understood as desirable and beautiful. It’s great you’re so strong but the hold that these things have over people is understandable in a globalised world.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"I do think surgeons should be held accountable for some operations they perform....from over inflated lips, tits and arses. Enhancement can be nice but some do look absolutely ridiculous x

Yep, and I don't know why others are getting shot down for saying it... Are we not doing more harm than good by only allowing the arse blowing comments... Maybe this is part of the problem, we have become a society where we can't say what we think and can't take constructive criticism....maybe it does lead to the ridiculous look when people are left to their own devices...."

To be fair, Dreavus, it's only the men being shot down. No one said anything to me or DC and we were quite forthright. I think that says it all on here, really xx

over a year ago

"I do think surgeons should be held accountable for some operations they perform....from over inflated lips, tits and arses. Enhancement can be nice but some do look absolutely ridiculous x

Yep, and I don't know why others are getting shot down for saying it... Are we not doing more harm than good by only allowing the arse blowing comments... Maybe this is part of the problem, we have become a society where we can't say what we think and can't take constructive criticism....maybe it does lead to the ridiculous look when people are left to their own devices....

To be fair, Dreavus, it's only the men being shot down. No one said anything to me or DC and we were quite forthright. I think that says it all on here, really xx"

Yep, just about says it all doesn't it.

over a year ago

I think everyone is entitled to their opinions but maybe throwing comments like that out there aren’t the one. Like I said you don’t know the deep routed reason as to why someone may choose to have lip filler or whatever other procedure they want.

over a year ago

To be fair, Dreavus, it's only the men being shot down. No one said anything to me or DC and we were quite forthright. I think that says it all on here, really xx"

I said what I needed to say on the matter but since you’re begging for a reaction… I think your views are dreadful.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

My youngest is 23 she had them done because she likes the look nothing to do with peer/social media pressure tbh I think she's gourgeous with or without but happy with her choices x

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

And no, I'm far from perfect. Especially now that I'm getting older. I look at photos of younger me wistfully. But we are all unique & we all get old. I choose to embrace it. peer pressure still exists. And media projections of beauty which did lots of (irreparable) damage to people’s idea of themselves did exist still back in the day although perhaps not as influential as today I don’t know. Social media will influence what is understood as desirable and beautiful. It’s great you’re so strong but the hold that these things have over people is understandable in a globalised world. "

I acknowledged that peer pressure existed, Steve. The difference is most folk had to accept their lot back in the day. Now you can just go to your hairdressers & be filled & botoxed to within an inch of you life before you have time to think it through. It's far more accessible. Today's culture of wanting everything NOW is not progress in my view

over a year ago

"I think everyone is entitled to their opinions but maybe throwing comments like that out there aren’t the one. Like I said you don’t know the deep routed reason as to why someone may choose to have lip filler or whatever other procedure they want. "

Youre missing the point, its not about lip filler it's drawing a line on how far to go

over a year ago

And no, I'm far from perfect. Especially now that I'm getting older. I look at photos of younger me wistfully. But we are all unique & we all get old. I choose to embrace it. peer pressure still exists. And media projections of beauty which did lots of (irreparable) damage to people’s idea of themselves did exist still back in the day although perhaps not as influential as today I don’t know. Social media will influence what is understood as desirable and beautiful. It’s great you’re so strong but the hold that these things have over people is understandable in a globalised world.

I acknowledged that peer pressure existed, Steve. The difference is most folk had to accept their lot back in the day. Now you can just go to your hairdressers & be filled & botoxed to within an inch of you life before you have time to think it through. It's far more accessible. Today's culture of wanting everything NOW is not progress in my view "

Well that’s capitalism. I’ll be at the revolution. See you there.

over a year ago

To be fair, Dreavus, it's only the men being shot down. No one said anything to me or DC and we were quite forthright. I think that says it all on here, really xx

I said what I needed to say on the matter but since you’re begging for a reaction… I think your views are dreadful. "

Right you are then...we can't agree on everything can we?

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

Myself I prefer nice kissable big lips on a lady. Some take it a touch too far for my own taste. But as long as they are happy that’s all that counts.

By *inxymadamWoman
over a year ago

newport

I had mine done earlier this year and have never felt more confident in myself. After having broken my nose a few times I hated the way my face looked and felt so ugly. I couldn’t afford a rhinoplasty so my surgeon recommended a small amount of filler to balance out my face and I have to say it has changed my life! I think it doesn’t matter at all what you may like, if she’s confident and happy then that’s sexy.

over a year ago

"I think everyone is entitled to their opinions but maybe throwing comments like that out there aren’t the one. Like I said you don’t know the deep routed reason as to why someone may choose to have lip filler or whatever other procedure they want.

Youre missing the point, its not about lip filler it's drawing a line on how far to go"

Your very first sentence “ Does anyone else think that women who puff their lips out with fillers just look ridiculous? “

Yes you went on to say a little bit is ok. But again, it’s personal preference. How do you know how little or how much someone needs to get their desired look?

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

Trout Pout....Lesley Ash.....

over a year ago

"I had mine done earlier this year and have never felt more confident in myself. After having broken my nose a few times I hated the way my face looked and felt so ugly. I couldn’t afford a rhinoplasty so my surgeon recommended a small amount of filler to balance out my face and I have to say it has changed my life! I think it doesn’t matter at all what you may like, if she’s confident and happy then that’s sexy. "

Say it louder for the people in the back!!! X

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I think everyone is entitled to their opinions but maybe throwing comments like that out there aren’t the one. Like I said you don’t know the deep routed reason as to why someone may choose to have lip filler or whatever other procedure they want.

Youre missing the point, its not about lip filler it's drawing a line on how far to go"

Exactly...when their lips resemble a baboons arse the surgeon should be struck off.

over a year ago

"I had mine done earlier this year and have never felt more confident in myself. After having broken my nose a few times I hated the way my face looked and felt so ugly. I couldn’t afford a rhinoplasty so my surgeon recommended a small amount of filler to balance out my face and I have to say it has changed my life! I think it doesn’t matter at all what you may like, if she’s confident and happy then that’s sexy. "

Key words there...."small amount"

And you had a good reason

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I said what I needed to say on the matter but since you’re begging for a reaction… I think your views are dreadful. "

Not begging for a reaction, but thanks anyway. Just pointing out that it's said time & time again on threads like these that women undergo these procedures for themselves, not to attract men. Then they attack the men who voice they don't like that particular look, but not the women. There's got to be something in that, no?

over a year ago

I have big lips. Hope my parents didn’t go too far when making me

By *inxymadamWoman
over a year ago

newport

"I had mine done earlier this year and have never felt more confident in myself. After having broken my nose a few times I hated the way my face looked and felt so ugly. I couldn’t afford a rhinoplasty so my surgeon recommended a small amount of filler to balance out my face and I have to say it has changed my life! I think it doesn’t matter at all what you may like, if she’s confident and happy then that’s sexy.

And you had a good reason"

How do you know who has good reason or not? We can all have our sexual and physical preferences but where’s the need to be nasty if something isn’t your cup of tea?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/08/22 16:39:16]

over a year ago

All I have to say is, we really need to stop looking at so called beauty products as beauty.

They're in it for the money is all.

over a year ago

Youre missing the point, its not about lip filler it's drawing a line on how far to go

Your very first sentence “ Does anyone else think that women who puff their lips out with fillers just look ridiculous? “

Yes you went on to say a little bit is ok. But again, it’s personal preference. How do you know how little or how much someone needs to get their desired look? "

What is the desired look? What idiot celebs do?

over a year ago

I like when the lips look like suction cups cos once i put them on my penis theres no escapes

over a year ago

"I had mine done earlier this year and have never felt more confident in myself. After having broken my nose a few times I hated the way my face looked and felt so ugly. I couldn’t afford a rhinoplasty so my surgeon recommended a small amount of filler to balance out my face and I have to say it has changed my life! I think it doesn’t matter at all what you may like, if she’s confident and happy then that’s sexy.

And you had a good reason

How do you know who has good reason or not? We can all have our sexual and physical preferences but where’s the need to be nasty if something isn’t your cup of tea?"

Nasty? When?

over a year ago

"It looks off-putting. "

Or off-pouting

over a year ago

I said what I needed to say on the matter but since you’re begging for a reaction… I think your views are dreadful.

Right you are then...we can't agree on everything can we? "

That reply wasn’t to you.

over a year ago

Yes you went on to say a little bit is ok. But again, it’s personal preference. How do you know how little or how much someone needs to get their desired look?

What is the desired look? What idiot celebs do?"

Umm no! To reach the look they want!! What they desire!

over a year ago

Not begging for a reaction, but thanks anyway. Just pointing out that it's said time & time again on threads like these that women undergo these procedures for themselves, not to attract men. Then they attack the men who voice they don't like that particular look, but not the women. There's got to be something in that, no?"

I’m not a woman. So I guess you’re talking about other posters.

over a year ago

Umm no! To reach the look they want!! What they desire! "

And what informs their perception of their 'desired look'?

over a year ago

And what informs their perception of their 'desired look'? "

Everyone is different. For me it was to have the lips I had before losing weight. For some it may be to even out their top and bottom lip. Others have filler to reduce the appearance of their gums when they smile. Others simply because they want bigger lips. It’s not about idiot celebs or media for everyone.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

They are nice to kiss I'll say that.

over a year ago

I do wish there was better regulation! Many of these are performed in beauty salons and not by medical practitioners.

over a year ago

And what informs their perception of their 'desired look'?

Everyone is different. For me it was to have the lips I had before losing weight. For some it may be to even out their top and bottom lip. Others have filler to reduce the appearance of their gums when they smile. Others simply because they want bigger lips. It’s not about idiot celebs or media for everyone. "

I never said it was, I was genuinely curious

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I do wish there was better regulation! Many of these are performed in beauty salons and not by medical practitioners. "

Yes. I think the lack of regulation is terrible.

over a year ago

Although I personally don't like the look I fully agree with the old each to their own sentiment.

What others do to their body for whatever reason be it self confidence ect. Doesn't change who they are as a person, what someone else does to themselves doesn't effect my life in any way so why give it a second thought.

Also if a female gets fillers to make them self feel more attractive and confident, is it really any different to a man who gets tanning injections, teeth whitening or spends hours a day in the gym to make themselves feel happy as to how they look.

We are all vain in our own way purely for the purpose of feeding attractive to the opposite sex. How people choose to do this is entirely up to themselves.

We are all very quick to judge others yet not so quick to look in the mirror. What some see as vanity others see as completely normal and vice versa.

over a year ago

I think it's sad that so many women feel the pressure to fit a certain standard. I feel like so many are losing the unique look and these days you see so many women who look so similar with all the same procedures.

But if it makes them happy then so be it. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel that pressure too.

over a year ago

There is also pressure and a desire for women to look younger as they age. Fuller lips - more youthful appearance. Yes I know not everyone feels this pressure but a good amount do.

over a year ago

"I think it's sad that so many women feel the pressure to fit a certain standard. I feel like so many are losing the unique look and these days you see so many women who look so similar with all the same procedures.

But if it makes them happy then so be it. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel that pressure too. "

I feel this way, I also see a similar pattern forming in Men.

over a year ago

I do find it odd that the same qualities I was relentlessly bullied for at school (lips, skin tone etc) are now what many women pay money to achieve!

By *uffnmuffCouple
over a year ago

London

"Does anyone else think that women who puff their lips out with fillers just look ridiculous? A little bit isn't too bad but some just go way too far. "
I couldn't agree more it makes them look ridiculous thankfully I was blessed with full lips. Its just such a shame that so many beautiful young ladies are having so much stuff put into their faces. Mrs Muff x

over a year ago

"I do find it odd that the same qualities I was relentlessly bullied for at school (lips, skin tone etc) are now what many women pay money to achieve! "

People aren’t ready for that conversation

over a year ago

"I do find it odd that the same qualities I was relentlessly bullied for at school (lips, skin tone etc) are now what many women pay money to achieve!

People aren’t ready for that conversation "

Truth haha!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I do find it odd that the same qualities I was relentlessly bullied for at school (lips, skin tone etc) are now what many women pay money to achieve!

Truth haha! "

over a year ago

"Does anyone else think that women who puff their lips out with fillers just look ridiculous? A little bit isn't too bad but some just go way too far. I couldn't agree more it makes them look ridiculous thankfully I was blessed with full lips. Its just such a shame that so many beautiful young ladies are having so much stuff put into their faces. Mrs Muff x"

Wait though. You were blessed with full lips, but people who have filler to get a fuller lip look ridiculous??? Not everyone is naturally blessed and may want to enhance certain things to make themselves feel better.

over a year ago

Coming next to a thread near you....(jokes)

Truth haha! "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Ok, maybe ridiculous was the wrong word, I just think there's no need for it"

Fair comment.

What is there a NEED for ?

over a year ago

"I do find it odd that the same qualities I was relentlessly bullied for at school (lips, skin tone etc) are now what many women pay money to achieve! "

Yes and it used to be skinny women and small arses were the desired look, now it’s curvy women with big arses. These trends must be influencing people from somewhere somehow surely? Back in the 80’s and 90’s it was the supermodel era and music videos and magazines were a big influence. Now social media, reality tv shows have influence. Yay for those who don’t bow to the pressure but a good amount of people are influenced.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Does anyone else think that women who puff their lips out with fillers just look ridiculous? A little bit isn't too bad but some just go way too far. "

Yep dont like it at all. Similar to botox and those ridiculous fake lashes that are everywhere at the moment with younger girls. Not a fan at all

over a year ago

People aren’t ready for that conversation "

word. Definitely not on here but I’m just here enjoying the tea.

over a year ago

"Ok, maybe ridiculous was the wrong word, I just think there's no need for it

Fair comment.

"

For ppl no matter what background race or physical appearance to be happy in themselves and accept who they are and just be happy

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Fair comment.

For ppl no matter what background race or physical appearance to be happy in themselves and accept who they are and just be happy"

Does that include tatoos ?

over a year ago

Fair comment.

For ppl no matter what background race or physical appearance to be happy in themselves and accept who they are and just be happy

Does that include tatoos ?"

Too late in the thread to go down that road

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Too much looks horrid

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

So. No make up at all for anyone. No hairspray, hair dye..... everyone as nature intended ?

over a year ago

People aren’t ready for that conversation word. Definitely not on here but I’m just here enjoying the tea. "

I’m taking a backseat now.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Fair comment.

Too late in the thread to go down that road "

Oh it's never too late mr. lovely knees x

over a year ago

"So. No make up at all for anyone. No hairspray, hair dye..... everyone as nature intended ?"

GC bringing back the bush

over a year ago

Fair comment.

Too late in the thread to go down that road

Oh it's never too late mr. lovely knees x "

I'm thinking of making them bigger...what do you think

over a year ago

Anyway, guys, I can’t be arsed to read through the thread.

What was the consensus?

Do women who puff their lips out with fillers just look ridiculous?

Can anyone summarise please? Fanks

over a year ago

Fashion has a lot to answer for.

Beauty comes in many forms, not just what is pushed upon us at the time.

over a year ago

Jealousy is an ugly emotion. They were just expressing it, hurtful though it may have been to you.

By *illow6931Man
over a year ago

london

They look silly but feel great lol

over a year ago

I think it looks stupid and pretty unattractive. But, as with anything in life, if something that doesn’t affect me makes someone else happy and is causing no harm to others then they can do what they like.

I'm an equal opportunist when it comes to appearances though. I find men guy's juiced out their tits on steroids extremely unattractive. That seems to becoming more of a thing nowadays.

All a consequence of people believing that what they see online is real and attainable.

over a year ago

"Anyway, guys, I can’t be arsed to read through the thread.

What was the consensus?

Do women who puff their lips out with fillers just look ridiculous?

Can anyone summarise please? Fanks "

Read it ya bloody self !

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Some of them look fantastic and I hope that all of them feel great for having it done. I'm not adventurous enough to get it.

over a year ago

To summarise

It's the same basic principle as anything that anyone wants to do to make themselves feel happier.

There's a whole spectrum of various types of things from hairstyle, clothes, surgical procedures to piercing & tattoos.

Isn't great that we're all different.

over a year ago

"To summarise

It's the same basic principle as anything that anyone wants to do to make themselves feel happier.

There's a whole spectrum of various types of things from hairstyle, clothes, surgical procedures to piercing & tattoos.

Isn't great that we're all different. "

I don't particularly care what strangers do so agree with you to an extent.

Disagree with the last part though. I'd argue that the fashion of fillers, botox etc means that women expecially are starting to facially resemble one another more and more.

over a year ago

Agree with that.

Such a shame

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I believe in bodily autonomy, it's not anyone else's place to criticise what others choose to do to their body

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

So many people living under rocks let people make their own choices and by the way, unless you have had a set of big luscious lips around your cock I think you should be quiet and not to mention kissing them WOW...

By *ister CMan
over a year ago

liverpool

I think they look ded slutty

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"I believe in bodily autonomy, it's not anyone else's place to criticise what others choose to do to their body"

Alright buddy, no need to get all virtuous about it. It aint that big a subject

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I believe in bodily autonomy, it's not anyone else's place to criticise what others choose to do to their body

Alright buddy, no need to get all virtuous about it. It aint that big a subject"

Interesting reaction

over a year ago

So for having lip filler I’m both unattractive and slutty? Nice.

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

I work with many young women in their 20s and I am so surprised to see that most of them have lip fillers. To each their own, but I think there is no need at all! Plus it makes them all look the same. With the Russian eyelashes and the long nails too… they all look like Bratz dolls. shame.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I think it looks stupid and pretty unattractive. But, as with anything in life, if something that doesn’t affect me makes someone else happy and is causing no harm to others then they can do what they like.

I'm an equal opportunist when it comes to appearances though. I find men guy's juiced out their tits on steroids extremely unattractive. That seems to becoming more of a thing nowadays.

All a consequence of people believing that what they see online is real and attainable."

I'd agree with this.

It's 100% individual choice with anything that changes your looks, be it fillers, botox, plastic surgery, tattoos, piercings or any body modifications.

Results will always vary depending on who you use, how much you pay and of course the 'look' you go for.

You can generally spot cheap work a mile off, whether it's fillers, ink or a boob job. You can also spot those that have gone OTT and achieved that plastic barbie/Ken look. And one of my favourite games to play at a beach is 'good tat, bad tat'.

Judgemental? Yep. But everyone makes a judgement and assessment of the looks of others - it's human nature. And anyone who changes the way they look whether permanent or just a change of hairstyle is generally (not always of course) doing so to appeal to others and often aiming to present themselves as more attractive, so is actively seeking the judgement and opinions of others.

A

over a year ago

People make choices to change their bodies already have low self esteem and confidence issues. If it makes them feel better about theirselves, let them do what they like. It's no one else's business.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

If they look natural I don’t mind

Same with anything. Lip injections, fake tits, plastic surgery

It’s all good when it looks natural. The more I can tell you’ve had it done, the more off putting it is

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"People make choices to change their bodies already have low self esteem and confidence issues. If it makes them feel better about theirselves, let them do what they like. It's no one else's business."

While I agree with bodily autonomy and that making changes can help boost self esteem and confidence.....it can also do the exact opposite.

There's massive peer pressure these days to 'fit in' so if someone is easily led by friends and what they see on social media then changes aren't always for the best.

How many regret getting tattoos just because a certain one was seen as trendy for a while or because their mates had one?

How many young women feel pressured into getting fillers and boob jobs because what they see on Insta tells them that those are what will attract the man of their dreams and make them more successful in life?

The desire to look like others and fit in can be as harmful psychologically as the initial low self esteem. People get surgery on credit cards. People are putting fillers above food and essentials in their life priorities.

If doing something makes someone feel good then that's great.

But it needs to be self motivates. Not driven by peer pressure, marketing or some twunt influencer on social media.

A

over a year ago

Meh! Does it really matter? I got the pee took out of me in my younger years for having a naturally big bum/facial lips... Oh look what's now appearing desirable

over a year ago

"Meh! Does it really matter? I got the pee took out of me in my younger years for having a naturally big bum/facial lips... Oh look what's now appearing desirable "

Yes , also being a proud owner of a posh can . Would you believe it

over a year ago

Still going are we

I'd like to take this opportunity and thank everyone for their views and opinions, its been an interesting one to say the least. Hope no one took offence, happy fabbin

over a year ago

"People make choices to change their bodies already have low self esteem and confidence issues. If it makes them feel better about theirselves, let them do what they like. It's no one else's business."

Although, some choices to change a mindset is often more beneficial.

By *andysbackbitchesTV/TS
over a year ago

Sunny old lemner

Much prefer women with lip fillers to men who create a post like this to try and shame them...

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Personally I'm a big fan

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan
over a year ago

Willenhall

If any Fab ladies would like to book an appointment for a completely free trial of my no-obligation "Techno's lip filling service" kindly drop me a PM with your location and available dates and times for your completely free trial.

Post new Message to Thread