Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

No More Donkey Rides

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

New Brighton is a coastal town near the Wirral which is very close to Liverpool.

Children have gone on donkey rides on the beach there since 1945 which was the date that World War 2 officially ended.

Bearing in mind that Donkeys were bred as pack animals to carry goods then they are doing the job they are bred for. Now woke Councillors have banned the practice because there is no place in our society for animals to be used for human entertainment.

Well I hope these woke types will be satisfied when they are now slaughtered and turned into glue at the knackers yard and not out to pasture in a donkey retirement home. Bostik the donkey shortly be Bostik the wood glue.

Now Tom is never overly critical and understands that a donkey ride for a five year old is akin to bull fighting but what else should we ban where animals are there for public entertainment. ...

This is all over the news...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I agree actually Tom, and I feel it’s actually to warm lately for Donkeys to stand for hours in hot sand entertaining little kids.

Let them enjoy being together in the fields and freedom

By *ozapperMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

Eamned stupid in my mind. I agree no donkey rides for adults but children are fine . It's part of a British holiday tradition like Candy Floss and Fish and Chips.

Woke mentality gone mad.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I very much doubt those donkeys have the idyllic retirement you describe. I suspect much like racing greyhounds they are a commodity to be disposed of when no longer profitable

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I agree actually Tom, and I feel it’s actually to warm lately for Donkeys to stand for hours in hot sand entertaining little kids.

Let them enjoy being together in the fields and freedom "

I respect your opinion DC and yes Tom thinks that they should be looked after on beaches and perhaps be taken off the beach if it's too hot or more likely in Liverpool too cold. Or perhaps they use camels instead. But if camel rides banned then why not horse riding lessons.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What so we have to work but animals dont wtf

over a year ago

Does this mean there will be no more West Derby Donkey Derby, Tom?

It's an absolute disgrace and no mistake.

By *haron1701DTV/TS
over a year ago

Ormskirk

[Removed by poster at 20/08/22 11:36:33]

By *haron1701DTV/TS
over a year ago

Ormskirk

Ban use of animals for entertainment?

Ok, so horse racing, greyhound racing, petting zoos/farms all gotta go???

What about aquariums, sea worlds etc?? (Yeah definitely free the dolphins n whales etc)

What about zoos (except where the animals are endangered and are part of a breeding/ conservation effort)

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

I thought they only made glue out of gorilla's

over a year ago

Cancelled due to the extreme heatwaves.

"New Brighton has a history of donkey rides even going as far back as 1945 and were brought back to the area in 2010. The planned rides this year have now been cancelled due to concerns over predicted hot temperatures."

over a year ago

"Cancelled due to the extreme heatwaves.

"New Brighton has a history of donkey rides even going as far back as 1945 and were brought back to the area in 2010. The planned rides this year have now been cancelled due to concerns over predicted hot temperatures." "

Back to Old Brighton it is.

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Ban use of animals for entertainment?

What about aquariums, sea worlds etc?? (Yeah definitely free the dolphins n whales etc)

What about zoos (except where the animals are endangered and are part of a breeding/ conservation effort)"

Personally yea I would ban the lot. The arguments against doing so are disingenuous there’s absolutely no good reason to continue exploiting animals like this.

over a year ago

"Ban use of animals for entertainment?

What about zoos (except where the animals are endangered and are part of a breeding/ conservation effort)"

Yes, it should all be banned -- animals are sentient, have an interest in their own lives and are not ours to use, and the myth of zoos being pro-conservation is largely marketing bullshit.

over a year ago

I agree Tom, animals are not here for our entertainment.

Cat videos should be banned next.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Let the children carry the donkeys for a while- they deserve a rest

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Good about time is to hot walking up and down the beach! They never look happy x

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Let the children carry the donkeys for a while- they deserve a rest"

Agreed. But I'll raise you with recreating the great war with 5 year olds

Post new Message to Thread