Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christian Legal Centre

Jump to newest

By *JB1954 OP   Man
over a year ago

Reading

I was reading an article about the sad case of the boy that passed away recently . After a lot of court cases. I feel very sorry for parents. They are now wanting a public enquiry to ensure never happens again.

The people who seem to be giving them are in the post title. I looked up them online . If true ? Some of the articles about these people are very worrying. It seems they do not have anyone who is working for them ? Legally qualified .

My question is are the parents being given more advice that is already incorrect ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don’t know the full facts. But I guess if I was about to lose my child I’d listen to anyone who told me there was a chance to keep him alive..

It’s a very sad situation for the whole family, I hope they can finally start to move on with their lives

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

The fact that they are a Christian group would always make me wary. I would want to make my decisions on secular grounds. Religious thinking can influence very emotive issues like this on the basis of things I simply don't think are true, so I wouldn't want them clouding my judgement or that of anybody offering me advice. Luke

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There are global activities by several religious 'organisations', including attempts to get abortions stopped in all circumstances, which partly got a result in the USA It covers much more too.

National policy should be shaped by democratic means, reflective of local people.

I don't know the organisation the OP includes at all.

But medical decisions are always difficult, if losd of health or life is involved. We already have the Church of England shaping laws in Parliament.

This poor family have been through hell and perhaps most of us would have followed the same path. I'm just uncomfortable with biased religious groups wanting to shape our lawn and lifestyles.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Didn’t they get involved with the young lad from Liverpool Alfie evans ? I think they raised money to take him to Italy for treatment but the hospital put a block on it then it turned into a complete circus outside the hospital with joe public turning up and causing bother

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

There are serious implications for the health service if decisions like this keep having to be defended in court, my view is that the medical opinion should always be heeded but I guess it's just one opinion

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

The family need to be careful. The Coroner's words at the opening of the inquest were quite interesting.

The more you call for others to be blamed the more inevitable your own part in his death will be questioned.

And you dont have to look far in the Internet to realise the poor kid had a lot going on and tragicall y his mother was bever going to win any parenting awards.

over a year ago

"Didn’t they get involved with the young lad from Liverpool Alfie evans ? I think they raised money to take him to Italy for treatment but the hospital put a block on it then it turned into a complete circus outside the hospital with joe public turning up and causing bother "

They have been involved in quite a few very similar cases. Whilst I think it's important for the family to be supported and given correct legal advice I think certain groups and organisations give parents false hope and Matt is horrific in my opinion.

over a year ago

"There are serious implications for the health service if decisions like this keep having to be defended in court, my view is that the medical opinion should always be heeded but I guess it's just one opinion "

I don't agree I think we all have a right to appeal a medical decision that we don't agree with particularly if it will result in our death or that of a loved one.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"There are serious implications for the health service if decisions like this keep having to be defended in court, my view is that the medical opinion should always be heeded but I guess it's just one opinion

I don't agree I think we all have a right to appeal a medical decision that we don't agree with particularly if it will result in our death or that of a loved one. "

That's fine but can I ask what would you suggest as an alternative, surely every case can't end up in court, that's just not a way forward that I can see working

By *JB1954 OP   Man
over a year ago

Reading

"Didn’t they get involved with the young lad from Liverpool Alfie evans ? I think they raised money to take him to Italy for treatment but the hospital put a block on it then it turned into a complete circus outside the hospital with joe public turning up and causing bother "

Yes this group were the ones who were involved in the Alfie Evens legal case also. From reading articles about this group. The people who are giving the ‘Legal’ advice are not qualified to do so . Which has caused the family upset , distress that could have been plus avoid more distress . ?

over a year ago

"There are serious implications for the health service if decisions like this keep having to be defended in court, my view is that the medical opinion should always be heeded but I guess it's just one opinion

I don't agree I think we all have a right to appeal a medical decision that we don't agree with particularly if it will result in our death or that of a loved one.

That's fine but can I ask what would you suggest as an alternative, surely every case can't end up in court, that's just not a way forward that I can see working "

Every case doesn't end up in court in fact very few do. Before the court process there would have been many attempts at mediation between the parents and the medical staff, When the relationship between their parents and the hospital breaks down that is when it ends up in court.

Post new Message to Thread