over a year ago

I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

I can’t even walk around the house without a T-shirt on

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Only you have the power to change that. Either change the body, or change the mentality.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Is there a reason you can’t do something about it if you’re not happy? Diet/exercise/gym?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I hear ya.

I've put on loads of weight recently and can't do full length mirrors and struggle in the shower coz I can see myself (well, not my feet coz my belly is in the way)

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Is there a reason you can’t do something about it if you’re not happy? Diet/exercise/gym? "

I struggle to remain consistent

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Is there a reason you can't do something about it?

Depression itself can stop you from feeling motivated, then you get into a downwards spiral of eating to feel better, then feeling worse because you're getting fatter. I know because it's me at the moment, except it's not my shape that concerns me, it's the pain and health implications.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Own who you are not let your body get you down embrace your body and yourself ... Only one of you in this world and it make you unique .

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Is there a reason you can’t do something about it if you’re not happy? Diet/exercise/gym?

"

I'm the same. I've lost lots of weight in the past then something happened to trigger the carb cravings.

I find that when my stomach is settled, and I'm not tired I don't want to eat all the time.

You could try talking therapy. Your GP should have some information on that.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

I can’t even walk around the house without a T-shirt on "

it must be horrible to feel like that.

We can't see what you look like but I'm guessing you're your own worst critic.

Could you fit a short walk into your day? It might help you feel more positive.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'm 60, and trying to practise some Granddad dancing, even though I've got no kids

over a year ago

This will sound harsh but do something about it then.

Complaining to a bunch of strangers on the internet will do fuck all.

Don't over complicate things. Most people know what food is utter shite and what they shouldn't be eating. So cut back on the shite.

You don't need a gym membership. It's only 10am on a Saturday morning. If you can, put your phone down and get out for a walk. Now.

When you have time, look at body weight work puts on YouTube....nothing complicated, nothing fancy, no equipment required.

And if anybody slags you off or comments on your body tell them to fucking do one.

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

I know exactly how you feel OP, combination of Depression and Anxiety kicked it for me.

It’ll take time, but see a therapist and talk about it all, you’ll feel a lot better for it.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

We're our own worst critic. Most of us I reckon we can look at old pictures of ourselves to a time where we thought we were fat. And we look back at them now wishing we looked like that.

Be gentle on yourself, and if you can make small changes that help make you feel better.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Unrelated to your post op but I love the Charente area. It's beautiful

over a year ago

....and when you do anything that I've suggested and feel better after it, focus on that feeling. The exhilaration after a good long walk, not feeling bloated after eating crap, the sweaty buzz after a good work out.

It's difficult but try to dissociate the weight loss part from the whole process. It's a by product of looking after yourself.

over a year ago

"This will sound harsh but do something about it then.

Don't over complicate things. Most people know what food is utter shite and what they shouldn't be eating. So cut back on the shite.

You don't need a gym membership. It's only 10am on a Saturday morning. If you can, put your phone down and get out for a walk. Now.

When you have time, look at body weight work puts on YouTube....nothing complicated, nothing fancy, no equipment required.

And if anybody slags you off or comments on your body tell them to fucking do one."

I would have been a bit more diplomatic but this is the best way to look at it.

Only you can change it. Don’t start Monday, start immediately. There’s loads of information online for diets/meal plans and workouts.

I have a dad bod and I’m happy with how I look but I still spend about 9 hours a week in the gym.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Unrelated to your post op but I love the Charente area. It's beautiful "

My mother in law lives near there and I was going to say does walking help?

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Is there a reason you can’t do something about it if you’re not happy? Diet/exercise/gym?

"

Yeah I get that. It’s mindset. I know I’ll

Feel better if I go to the gym etc but it’s the motivation to get yourself there.

By *artytymemeMan
over a year ago

Mansfield

Just think fuck it.

If folk don't like your body that's their issue not yours.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/07/22 10:04:56]

over a year ago

And if anybody slags you off or comments on your body tell them to fucking do one.

Only you can change it. Don’t start Monday, start immediately. There’s loads of information online for diets/meal plans and workouts.

I have a dad bod and I’m happy with how I look but I still spend about 9 hours a week in the gym."

I'll start a thread on how to improve my diplomacy

over a year ago

"Only you have the power to change that. Either change the body, or change the mentality. "

This

it's a slow process but commitment will see you through. I would also suggest stepping away from the scene until you feel better about yourself, this place isn't great for low self esteem.

over a year ago

"Just think fuck it.

If folk don't like your body that's their issue not yours. "

He doesn't like his body though. That's the issue.

over a year ago

Meal prep and planning. Make a list based on that plan. Always have something quick and easy to hand that isn't a doughnut.

Get busy. Spend less time on your own indoors where there's a tendancy to eat more.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Just think fuck it.

If folk don't like your body that's their issue not yours.

He doesn't like his body though. That's the issue."

Exactly this. If you don’t like it it doesn’t matter what other people think.

over a year ago

I have a dad bod and I’m happy with how I look but I still spend about 9 hours a week in the gym.

I'll start a thread on how to improve my diplomacy "

Less swearing and more emojis could be a start

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Unrelated to your post op but I love the Charente area. It's beautiful

My mother in law lives near there and I was going to say does walking help? "

During lockdown number 1, I walked round all of Derby's Outer Ringroad, not all in one day of course, but yes, it will help if you need to feel active, and it helps to burn off a few calories

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

And if anybody slags you off or comments on your body tell them to fucking do one."

This is the best advice you could get in my opinion. A kick up the arse, encouragement and a bit of advice as well.

over a year ago

This is the best advice you could get in my opinion. A kick up the arse, encouragement and a bit of advice as well. "

Need to channel my inner Obama though and work on the diplomacy

By *estLondonDeepMan
over a year ago

London

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

Do you want to change? I can only presume the fact that you're posting this, that there's an aspiration to change.

If you do want to change, take things slowly, reduce the calories (alcohol, snacks in between meals, fatty foods) and increase the excercise. Walk instead of driving (when you can etc.). In fact, walking is great for burning calories, but it's up to you.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

This is the best advice you could get in my opinion. A kick up the arse, encouragement and a bit of advice as well.

Need to channel my inner Obama though and work on the diplomacy "

Just seen you’re from Glasgow….it’s exactly the sort of diplomatic language expected from our Scottish friends. Brutal and honest

over a year ago

As most have said already, if you don't like what you've become only you can change it.

I have to question whether this is the right site for you at this point in your life. Finding a fuck buddy/couple (if you can) will not change how your feeling. If you don't value your own self worth, then others will pick up on that and of they don't then you will only end up hurting someone.

Get your head together first

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

"

Why do you think it is so hard for you to remain consistent? Is it because you don't see results fast enough? Is it because you get bored of working out after a while?

The truth is that every single problem has a solution! The only question is...do you want to change or not?

By *estLondonDeepMan
over a year ago

London

Mood follows action.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Covid destroyed all the hard work I did mate and I reverted to the Dad bod.

I’m now back on track with my Testosterone replacement therapy and the added wellness that I feel from this has allowed me to get back motivated to mount my bodily comeback.

I hope you find the motivation to feel better about yourself mate.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Do things that are good for your body in the future. What will serve your body a month from now?

Exercise builds up over time - and if you don't have consistency yet, doing a thing is better than not doing a thing. Choosing nutritious foods is better than not.

And beating yourself up is just making your job harder. You need to spend your energy building yourself, not tearing yourself down.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

go for walks get yourself some light weights swimming,, good for mental health too exercise,, what i will say lots of ladies like a dads bod,,

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/07/22 11:42:15]

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Need to channel my inner Obama though and work on the diplomacy "

Nah, it's what these forums need. A bit of non fluffy, straight forward opinion that's not prefaced or post faced with "Just my opinion" or "each to their own".

Frank

over a year ago

Make the change today! Every week you will see changes to your body

Go for a walk and drink more water

I’m sorry to hear you feel that way OP

over a year ago

"....and when you do anything that I've suggested and feel better after it, focus on that feeling. The exhilaration after a good long walk, not feeling bloated after eating crap, the sweaty buzz after a good work out.

It's difficult but try to dissociate the weight loss part from the whole process. It's a by product of looking after yourself."

I love this.

over a year ago

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

So what’s the plan then to change it?

over a year ago

Dude, I promise you, I was in exactly the same position. You’re welcome to message me if you like.

The hardest step to take is the first one.

I’ve changed….and in turn….saved my life.

over a year ago

"Dude, I promise you, I was in exactly the same position. You’re welcome to message me if you like.

The hardest step to take is the first one.

I’ve changed….and in turn….saved my life. "

This is what it's all about. Bugger all to do with how you actually look in the t-shirt. Everything to do with how you feel.

I exercise most days now and try to watch what I eat because I want to be running around after my grandkids when I'm in my 70s and nowhere near a nursing home. Of course, certain factors will be out with my control. But I think we need to exert some control in the areas that we can.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Dadbods is hot.

over a year ago

"I hear ya.

I've put on loads of weight recently and can't do full length mirrors and struggle in the shower coz I can see myself (well, not my feet coz my belly is in the way)"

I thought you weren't eating anything, I would have thought you're wasting away? No cinnamon buns for you then lady!..

over a year ago

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

You are young enough for your body to respond well to gentle exercise. If you hate the gym as I do, bike, throw a few weights around at home. Eat less crap. It can be done.

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

We put weight on through the pandemic and have started the Fast 800 way of eating. 3 weeks and 2 stone dropped already. That and walking is the key for us, exercise alone didn't do a thing other than getting fitter

over a year ago

"Unrelated to your post op but I love the Charente area. It's beautiful "

Yes it’s beautiful

over a year ago

Hi all

Thanks for your replies

I was walking 10km a day until and it kept the fat down but I’ve had a verruca for 4 months, it’s really hard to get rid of. And has stopped me walking.

I don’t have a great relationship with food.

There’s so much I don’t like, but I like anything sweet.

My weight is currently 80kg

I’ll drop down to about 72kg then I’ll Rajesh it all back.

I want to be about 67kg

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/07/22 17:56:29]

over a year ago

"Hi all

Thanks for your replies

I was walking 10km a day until and it kept the fat down but I’ve had a verruca for 4 months, it’s really hard to get rid of. And has stopped me walking.

I want to be about 67kg"

i dont think 80kg is massivly heavy for 5ft 6 in my opinion but its your opinion that counts do what you have to do

By *igertigerCouple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

"We put weight on through the pandemic and have started the Fast 800 way of eating. 3 weeks and 2 stone dropped already. That and walking is the key for us, exercise alone didn't do a thing other than getting fitter"

What's the Fast800 way?

over a year ago

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

You are young enough for your body to respond well to gentle exercise. If you hate the gym as I do, bike, throw a few weights around at home. Eat less crap. It can be done."

This, I started doing a bit of lifting at home, with nothing but a couple of dumbbells. I’m not always in the mood for it but you can easily put some music on or a bit of rubbish tv and pump out some curls, some squats and push-ups. You’d be surprised what gaining even a little muscle will do for your metabolism.

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

"We put weight on through the pandemic and have started the Fast 800 way of eating. 3 weeks and 2 stone dropped already. That and walking is the key for us, exercise alone didn't do a thing other than getting fitter

What's the Fast800 way?"

Time restricted eating, low carbs, high fat and protein. 800 is the calories you do it for 5-12 weeks. Sounds hard, but the food is great and the protein and veg are filling.

Losing weight with weekend fry ups can't be bad

By *inCity BluesMan
over a year ago

London

"Hi all

Thanks for your replies

I want to be about 67kg"

"Rajesh it back" lol - "to Rajesh" new verb. Gonna use that.

So, 13 kg weight loss target. Eminently do-able*. That's the good news.

The bad news. You are what you eat. You gotta cut out all the sweet stuff: fizzy drinks, chocolate, cakes, ice cream, crisps etc. All gotta go. Replace with fruit, yoghurt, water or squash etc.

Walking is brilliant for weight loss, but if you can't get out then can you get a static bike, or even a real bike? Daily cardio is essential for weight loss and well-being.

Get yourself some resistance bands and start working out at home. Nothing too complicated to start, just a whole body workout two or three times a week.

Your BMI is 28.3, so you're NOT obese. You just need to work at it a bit. Find the will to make the changes, and you won't look back. Honestly, it's worth it.

* "That's easy for you to say", I hear you grumble. It is. I was a pizza gulping, cake chomping, choc munching, 2 litres of Coca Cola a day slurping bloke. It gave me blocked arteries and took me to the brink of a heart attack at just 47.

I lost nearly 40 kilos, so you can easy do 13 kilos.

I totally changed my diet, walked 6 miles or more most days, got fitter ( been a weights user since my teens, but it's no good with a shitty diet. You're just making the flab firmer ). I'm 51 now, 87 kilos, but feel fitter now than I did as a whippet lean 76 kilo 20 year old.

You can do it. You just got to make a start.

By *owcuriousCouple
over a year ago

se

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

I know how you feel. It’s so easy for others to say “well you just need to…”. It’s never that simple. What really helped me was joining a couch to 5k running group. I’m not a social person by nature, but seeing so many people just like me that were just committed to being healthier was really empowering. Getting out the door was half the battle.

By *isa40Couple
over a year ago

Cornwall

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

Completely feel you.

Mood and mindset can really make a difference. We are our own worst critics and see our bodies differently to those around us.

I hit a major low, lost all control of my weight, excerise ect over lockdown due to a number of factors.

However got some support, worked on my mindset and went back to basics and learnt about food, nutrition and what my body needs.

I'm now 3.5 stone down and slowly increasing my fitness. Walks and swimming really have helped.

It's not easy but you can do it if you want too and that is the key, you have to want to do it.

I still have a long way to go my body confidence is shocking but hopefully it will come with time.

Hubby is complete opposite to me and has the most amazing mind set of if people don't like him thats their choice he is happy. Hopefully I will get there.

Sending you lots of support, you have got this!

By *moothshaftMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

I know exactly how you feel mate.

I hit 65 on Thursday, I've never felt so low and insecure. I used to have such a lovely body.

I just keep thinking that the four horsemen are not far away.

over a year ago

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

please try not to feel this way, since you have the power to make a change. i’ve put on weight and making amends by controlling food portion sizes and regular exercise.

if I can do it, so can you (baby steps, and before you know it, you’ll see the transformation over time. Just need the will, and we all have that - remember one step at a time...

Change will cum...

Best wishes

over a year ago

Read a lot of this thread, and was going to put something to inspire.

But having scrolled through again, I noticed that you've stopped what you were doing, and now can't, because of a verruca?

Ffs, there's people out there who lose limbs, yet manage to carry on.

Sounds to me like you need a good drink of man the fuck up juice!

By *igertigerCouple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

"We put weight on through the pandemic and have started the Fast 800 way of eating. 3 weeks and 2 stone dropped already. That and walking is the key for us, exercise alone didn't do a thing other than getting fitter

What's the Fast800 way?

Time restricted eating, low carbs, high fat and protein. 800 is the calories you do it for 5-12 weeks. Sounds hard, but the food is great and the protein and veg are filling.

Losing weight with weekend fry ups can't be bad "

great thanks!

By *hilledGuyClactonMan
over a year ago

Little clacton

I use to think like that.

Pre covid I was about 20 stone lifting heavy weights.(was using over 100kg for squats,deadlifts,chest)

Gave up during lockdown didn't see the point,gained 4ish stone.My belly/chest went ABIT saggy.But I have managed to lose a stone so far from getting back too weights.But best thing that helped me was standing naked in front of a mirror,and keep telling myself this is me.

over a year ago

"Read a lot of this thread, and was going to put something to inspire.

But having scrolled through again, I noticed that you've stopped what you were doing, and now can't, because of a verruca?

Sounds to me like you need a good drink of man the fuck up juice!"

Mibbe it was a really big verruca.

over a year ago

"Hi all

Thanks for your replies

I want to be about 67kg"

A verucca? Mate there was a guy that climbed Mt Everest with no legs, ok he never had a verucca due to having no feet but he still got on with it.

over a year ago

Is there something more to feeling this way OP? Try and think about what's triggering these thoughts, write down how you're feeling on a daily basis. Maybe you'll then see a pattern and you can try and make small changes to your diet and life. Possibly talking to someone, outside of this site, would help you too. Hope you're ok x

By *unCycleGymRepeatMan
over a year ago

Greater London

[Removed by poster at 31/07/22 12:52:39]

By *unCycleGymRepeatMan
over a year ago

Greater London

Mibbe it was a really big verruca. "

TBF, I totally agree with this. I currently have a broken collar bone. However found some machines in the gym I can use.

Still missing running/cycling however.

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

Give yourself a shake and start exercising. Stop whining.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

I'd go and have a chat with your GP because this sounds more like a symptoms of depression rather than what is making you depressed.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

The replies on this thread will have him feeling confident in no time

By *ak4uMan
over a year ago

chelmsford

Concentrate on your diet rather than exercise, with careful diet planning you can ditch hundreds of calories per day without really trying and you can still have the occasional treat. Exercise although beneficial is not great for losing weight unless you ‘train’ regularly like a sportsperson.

over a year ago

"Is there something more to feeling this way OP? Try and think about what's triggering these thoughts, write down how you're feeling on a daily basis. Maybe you'll then see a pattern and you can try and make small changes to your diet and life. Possibly talking to someone, outside of this site, would help you too. Hope you're ok x"

Thank you

You make some lovely points x

over a year ago

Sounds to me like you need a good drink of man the fuck up juice!"

I’m able to walk 50km a day

And in heat carrying a backpack.

Right now I can’t walk to the shop.

Your comment is not needed

Or appreciated

over a year ago

"The replies on this thread will have him feeling confident in no time "

They don’t help do they

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Strangely, I got turned on reading this! I bet you have a sexy accent too…..

By *ET2022Man
over a year ago

Chester

[Removed by poster at 31/07/22 13:36:39]

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"The replies on this thread will have him feeling confident in no time

They don’t help do they "

Don't take it to heart mate, men teaching out for support on here often receive a toxic reply. Punching down rather than a helping hand is too often the way, it's definitely them not you

By *ET2022Man
over a year ago

Chester

Hey it’s normal to feel that way having a dad bod. I developed one over lock down then had a bad car accident which set me back further. My relationship ended due to my insecurities and depression however I started eating more healthy, doing Joe Wicks easy YouTube workouts for free and walking more. Feel much better, mentally as well as physically as lost a bit of weight and feel myself toning up. Little wins every day. Good luck

By *arkcrystalMan
over a year ago

Bristol

I would as others have said goto your doctor as does sound like there might be other factors in regards to the depression. Getting your mind in a good place helped for me and I also found it hard to maintain the work outs and healthy eating but over time it becomes easier. For me at least.

over a year ago

They don’t help do they

Don't take it to heart mate, men teaching out for support on here often receive a toxic reply. Punching down rather than a helping hand is too often the way, it's definitely them not you "

I disagree I don’t see any toxic replies on this thread nobody has punched him down at all. People have given really helpful advice with diet, mindset and training.

By *edsmudgeMan
over a year ago

oxford

Hey ‘andsome ,

So, I’m going to suggest a slightly different approach,

Firstly I’m going to say . Ease up fella . Your not giving yourself enough credit. It is difficult. You look and feel exactly what your body wants. It is it’s purpose to store calories and not expend them. If it had its way you’d not leave the couch, some one would spoon feed you . It (your body has all the power) it controls the hormones in your blood , to make you feel the emotions you do . Even when your at the gym pumping out reps it’ll make you cheat yourself by putting you of form . So as to displace the work load through more muscle groups . There are bacteria in your gut which will make you crave sugar and carbs .

I’m trying to say it is a battle .

If you want to change the way you look in the long run , I suggest taking 15 minutes now and every day . To focus your mind on your goal .

In the words of the great rage against the machine..

KNOW YOUR ENEMY

over a year ago

Only you can make the changes !!

It’s about how you feel not how you look but again that can go hand in hand for some.

over a year ago

They don’t help do they "

You've had a lot of firm but constructive and gentle,understanding replies...in amongstthe daft one which come with any Fab thread. Everything from get up and move to seek professional help from your GP.

If you genuinely believe that there is a mental health element to this then stop asking for advice on a sex site and reach out to friends, family, your GP or any Men's Mental Health charity in your area. Google will help you with that.

over a year ago

They don’t help do they

Don't take it to heart mate, men teaching out for support on here often receive a toxic reply. Punching down rather than a helping hand is too often the way, it's definitely them not you

I disagree I don’t see any toxic replies on this thread nobody has punched him down at all. People have given really helpful advice with diet, mindset and training."

Exactly.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

Give yourself a shake and start exercising. Stop whining. "

Yep, the OP is going to be thrilled with this.

Look, I know you have to have thick skin on here, but he's a newbie, so cut him some slack.

Would anyone say the same thing to people coming on here with mental health or depression problems? Should they just give themselves a shake?

By *opman121Man
over a year ago

stoke on trent

We all put a few pounds on think it’s called middle aged spread ?

over a year ago

Thank you

By *XXDREAMMan
over a year ago

sudbury

Do some body weight squats before bed and drink more water, extremely easy to stick with you'll see results quick too

over a year ago

They don’t help do they

You've had a lot of firm but constructive and gentle,understanding replies...in amongstthe daft one which come with any Fab thread. Everything from get up and move to seek professional help from your GP.

If you genuinely believe that there is a mental health element to this then stop asking for advice on a sex site and reach out to friends, family, your GP or any Men's Mental Health charity in your area. Google will help you with that.

"

Sometimes it’s about being heard

over a year ago

If you feel that strongly about it do something about it then

over a year ago

They don’t help do they

Sometimes it’s about being heard "

Well you've been heard plenty here too.

Now time to take any of the advice above and choose to whether or not to act on it.

over a year ago

"I hate looking this way

I feel 2nd class

The journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step.

over a year ago

Embrace yourself and love what you are no one fits into a stereotypical box or a type you are who you are and if you don’t love yourself for who and what you are how do you expect others to just be you love yourself

over a year ago

Or appreciated "

If you can do that you'll be burning approximately 3000 calories or more.

Get rid of the verucca and you'll be like twiggy in no time.

over a year ago

Or appreciated "

Then get back to doing that.

You've put this on a forum.

Not all comments will be what you want to read.

By * F 2018Couple
over a year ago

shropshire

[Removed by poster at 31/07/22 17:45:35]

over a year ago

This isnt the same for everyone, but I wanted to share with you how I see people in case it helps:

When I look at someone, what I see depends on so many things, and the least of it is their physical characteristics.

I see the way they move - playful, calm, reserved, excited - the way they angle their body to include others in the conversation or to show that they sympathise.

I see their face light up as they speak about something that is important to them, like sunshine radiating from their eyes.

I see the softness in their limbs when they are sad, or the heaviness in their body when they are hopeless.

I see the myriad of facial expressions that are so unique to them but tell such a story: the little frown they always get when they are confused, or the smile of contentedness when they are being held... One of the most beautiful sniles I know is a woman whos teeth are a mess, but the story that comes with her smile and the connection we have means it is such a beautiful smile! It is so radient, but a stranger would never say that.

And when I see someone I know, they look different to the last time I saw them. Not because they are physically different, but because they are a different person that day - maybe they are excited, whereas the last time I saw them they were worn out. What I see is different.

I see beauty in every person and every body. That beauty grows (or fades) when I get to know them, and is constantly changing in response to my own perceptions of them. Their body becomes the basis for my perception of beauty in them, and there is not a jot that I would change.

Be a beautiful person, and that beauty will shine through regardless of your physical characteristics.

Use dieting for health reasons. Not aesthetic ones.

Love and beautiful thoughts!

Fay

over a year ago

Congrats OP

All the advice and thoughtful comments given in the one day since you posted has magically worked and suddenly you have none of them worries you started with less than 48 hours ago!

It's good to be honest with opinions and sometimes be brutal but come on!! Give the OP a frigging break! Sometimes change can't happen overnight.

Post new Message to Thread