Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

CBD oils for autistic teenager.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi, does anyone have any experience of using CBD oils with autistic teenagers to try and assist with low mood, anxiety and meltdowns.

Thanks in advance

Xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sorry I've an autistic son but never tried any of the oils myself but would be good to know if the massage oils have any calming effects

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/07/22 22:55:47]

over a year ago

"Sorry I've an autistic son but never tried any of the oils myself but would be good to know if the massage oils have any calming effects"

Thanks for the reply, we’ll hopefully learn together then.

over a year ago

I don't know about CBD oil for teenagers, but it didn't really do much for me. My autistic teenager is much calmer if he has a "clean" diet. Specifically cutting out sugar and refined carbs has a huge effect on his anxiety. The only trouble is he doesn't stick to it.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I don't know about CBD oil for teenagers, but it didn't really do much for me. My autistic teenager is much calmer if he has a "clean" diet. Specifically cutting out sugar and refined carbs has a huge effect on his anxiety. The only trouble is he doesn't stick to it."

In a similar vein, I'm not a teenager but I am autistic and I found cutting caffeine out of my life has had a huge positive impact with anxiety in particular

over a year ago

"I don't know about CBD oil for teenagers, but it didn't really do much for me. My autistic teenager is much calmer if he has a "clean" diet. Specifically cutting out sugar and refined carbs has a huge effect on his anxiety. The only trouble is he doesn't stick to it.

In a similar vein, I'm not a teenager but I am autistic and I found cutting caffeine out of my life has had a huge positive impact with anxiety in particular "

I've not been brave enough to do that yet! The clean eating has had better results for me than my AD's ever had. There is a lot of research into autism, gut health and diet. It's very interesting.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I don't know about CBD oil for teenagers, but it didn't really do much for me. My autistic teenager is much calmer if he has a "clean" diet. Specifically cutting out sugar and refined carbs has a huge effect on his anxiety. The only trouble is he doesn't stick to it.

In a similar vein, I'm not a teenager but I am autistic and I found cutting caffeine out of my life has had a huge positive impact with anxiety in particular

I've not been brave enough to do that yet! The clean eating has had better results for me than my AD's ever had. There is a lot of research into autism, gut health and diet. It's very interesting. "

As a recovering alcoholic who has had a few other addiction issues, caffeine has been by far the hardest thing I've ever quit! The withdrawal and cravings are real!

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Yes. Don't. See your doctor for proper medication.

Post new Message to Thread