Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Being blocked on Fab

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So this week makes it one year since the last of grandparents died. It was my grandmother on my mum's side. It was particularly traumatic for me because I couldn't attend the funeral as it was back in my home country and 2 because she passed away when we were on a video call.

I remembered I was chatting with a young lady on fab at the time, she contacted me saying she was interested in me etc, we swapped numbers shortly after and became pretty good friends (I actually still think I have her on insta) we didn't get a chance to meet up, because she lived a little way off.

So I when I posted my Grand mum's death as my status. She messaged me on whatsapp saying she's sorry she had to block me on fab because she felt certain things shouldn't be mentioned on fab.

So my 2 questions are this

1) was it inappropriate to mention Grandmum's death as a status update on fab?

2) what was the weirdest excuse someone gave you (if they gave you one at all) for blocking you on fab?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Each to their own but i think somthing as personal as that shouldn't be on a status update, when my mum passed away i never posted about it instead i spoke to the handful of friends i chat with on here personally

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I really really really really hope when I pass away my grandson doesn’t tell a bunch of swingers he’s never met on the internet

over a year ago

Not sure the passing of a relative belongs on here. Would I block someone bc of it? No.

Just hope my children won’t post about my death on a site like this.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

OP, use your status updates for whatever you see fit, if it shows incompatibilities with other people then so much the better, it gets them out into the open.

I have occasionally blocked based on status updates - if I'm not interested in someone a pre-emptive block saves anyone's time being wasted. I appreciate it when others block me too, saves me messaging someone who wouldn't welcome it.

over a year ago

Each to their own, she should have nessaged with sympathy and said it to you, no need to block. Maybe you had no where else to post it.

Leave her off and sorry for your loss

over a year ago

The interesting thing is she didn't block me on whatsapp or insta,just fab. We eventually fell out of contact a few months after as she was dealing with personal issues etc.

For me I this is a part of my life and I do frequently update my status here tbh but it was difficult for me at time to not post that I was hurting and pretend like it didn't happen.

As a side note, I don't see you guys as swingers here tbh, I see you as regular people who are looking for some casual fun.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

By all means post in a forum thread but not as a status. I've mentioned friend/relative passings but part of the thread which included similar postings.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

I don’t know if I really have an opinion either way but I tend to just post nonsense on here mostly - its escapism here and nothing of

My real life here. Well besides vague stuff. Each to their own - we’re supposed to be a liberal bunch on here so it’s your choice and your status - if as someone else said it highlights an incompatibility then thats ok too.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

People do share personal stuff on these forums I certainly have. From my health issues to my recent romantic relationship. So someone posting about a relative dying isn’t something I’d block them for or think it’s inappropriate. I doubt the Op has given that persons full name etc…

This is the difference between the virtual to real life, maybe she was just needing an excuse to no longer interact with you. Unfortunately the only person who can give you the answers is the person who blocked you.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Personally I don't see what the issue is as there are many status updates containing much more inappropriate details.

Without knowing what personal things she was going through though it's difficult to say why it triggered her.

Maybe she had also lost someone close and it was still raw.

over a year ago

I'd not block for that reason. Although I also wouldn't have posted the status update, so different strokes eh?

Never been told why I've been blocked. I can only assume it was because I'm just too awesome.

Or a dick.

An awesome dick tho.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

How weird that she had to tell you why she blocked you.

over a year ago

"So this week makes it one year since the last of grandparents died. It was my grandmother on my mum's side. It was particularly traumatic for me because I couldn't attend the funeral as it was back in my home country and 2 because she passed away when we were on a video call.

I remembered I was chatting with a young lady on fab at the time, she contacted me saying she was interested in me etc, we swapped numbers shortly after and became pretty good friends (I actually still think I have her on insta) we didn't get a chance to meet up, because she lived a little way off.

So I when I posted my Grand mum's death as my status. She messaged me on whatsapp saying she's sorry she had to block me on fab because she felt certain things shouldn't be mentioned on fab.

2) what was the weirdest excuse someone gave you (if they gave you one at all) for blocking you on fab?"

Your account, your gran, your choice.

By *inx.x3Woman
over a year ago

Bath

It’s your status/profile and you are entitled to write whatever you like. I think it’s odd she would block you on one platform but then message you via another personally.

Iv been blocked by a guy who kept messaging and I politely declined a meet but then he kept forgetting (apparently) it was me he messaged in the first place and would message again a week later. This happened several times until I asked how can anyone be so forgetful to keep messaging the same person who has said no multiple times

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've blocked someone I hadn't chatted to in months because she used to name me in her status along with instructions of what to wear in my next pic. Months later I looked at my block list and she was doing exactly the same with another guy.

over a year ago

"Personally I don't see what the issue is as there are many status updates containing much more inappropriate details.

Without knowing what personal things she was going through though it's difficult to say why it triggered her.

Maybe she had also lost someone close and it was still raw. "

Possibly, that was something I did consider

over a year ago

It’s a bit if a Facebook type status. If you were very active on here with lots of meets lined up and lots of communication in the way of a steady message supply, you could put it as a status to show everyone that you’re not going to be as active due to a bereavement. But at the end of the day it’s your profile to do as you wish.

over a year ago

"It’s a bit if a Facebook type status. If you were very active on here with lots of meets lined up and lots of communication in the way of a steady message supply, you could put it as a status to show everyone that you’re not going to be as active due to a bereavement. But at the end of the day it’s your profile to do as you wish. "

Thanks xx

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Some people separate real life to fab life. That obviously crossed over into real life.

So maybe she was just looking for no strings sex.

over a year ago

Seems a little harsh to me

over a year ago

I'm not a fan of posts like that even on Facebook, a load of strangers do not need to know details of your private life.

over a year ago

"Some people separate real life to fab life. That obviously crossed over into real life.

So maybe she was just looking for no strings sex. "

Good point

over a year ago

"I'm not a fan of posts like that even on Facebook, a load of strangers do not need to know details of your private life. "

Fair enough

over a year ago

"I'm not a fan of posts like that even on Facebook, a load of strangers do not need to know details of your private life. "
just your private parts

over a year ago

"So this week makes it one year since the last of grandparents died. It was my grandmother on my mum's side. It was particularly traumatic for me because I couldn't attend the funeral as it was back in my home country and 2 because she passed away when we were on a video call.

2) what was the weirdest excuse someone gave you (if they gave you one at all) for blocking you on fab?"

Answer to number 1

It's your status to post as you please (I personally wouldn't but then I wouldn't post that kind of thing anywhere on the internet) fab is fun, social media is social, private is private.

Answer number 2

Never been given a reason

Don't forget you can ask 100 people a question and 99 could agree doesn't make them right though, 1 person can change the world with the thought that no one else had

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/12/21 18:14:18]

over a year ago

"I'm not a fan of posts like that even on Facebook, a load of strangers do not need to know details of your private life. just your private parts "

Is that an offer to share!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

In truth, had I seen a status regarding the death of a loved one, I would (and I know those may sound really fucking cynical) assume it's been done in the hope of getting a sympathy shag.

Mentioning it in a thread, no such thoughts. As a status, then that really would be what I thought.

over a year ago

"The interesting thing is she didn't block me on whatsapp or insta,just fab. We eventually fell out of contact a few months after as she was dealing with personal issues etc.

For me I this is a part of my life and I do frequently update my status here tbh but it was difficult for me at time to not post that I was hurting and pretend like it didn't happen.

As a side note, I don't see you guys as swingers here tbh, I see you as regular people who are looking for some casual fun. "

And this is the challenge …. That last paragraph.

Everyone uses the site for a number of different reasons and will therefore react or interpret various actions be they messages, status, forum post in different ways. Some are swingers in the old school sense, other are sex freaks, others and just bored and need company. Others think it is a dating site with a better chance of sex than match.com!

Some will sat it is inappropriate to post personal info as a status, other will think it fine as it is your status. It is impossible to please all of the people all of the time. So all you can do is be yourself and exercise your best judgement. What then happens is outside your control so why worry about it?

As for the weirdest reason for being blocked. I’ve no idea. Been blocked for sending a message containing useful info that was against forum tules to post. Been blocked for poking fun at a forum post, beyond that nothing we know of. No great shakes really.

PS: Sorry for your loss.

over a year ago

Her thoughts on the matter were reasonable... don't know that I'd personally bother to mention the 'ifs' 'whys' and 'buts', much less go so far as to block.

Someone else on this thread has already mentioned about fab not being a place to be adding really personal stuff, which I agree with

By *hubby CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Essex

What a drama queen…..lucky escape, can you imagine if you took her on a date and asked to split the bill. Your better off

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Its a given - Your choice etc etc

- Cynicism is standard after any time on Fab. A status update like that immediately sets antennae twitching.

- Fab is varying degrees of escapism. Death is very real and any interested party has to either ignore it or deal with it.

- Status updates suggest oversharing (understandable but awkward) and a red flag if not after anything emotional (nsa)

over a year ago

"The interesting thing is she didn't block me on whatsapp or insta,just fab. We eventually fell out of contact a few months after as she was dealing with personal issues etc.

As a side note, I don't see you guys as swingers here tbh, I see you as regular people who are looking for some casual fun.

And this is the challenge …. That last paragraph.

Everyone uses the site for a number of different reasons and will therefore react or interpret various actions be they messages, status, forum post in different ways. Some are swingers in the old school sense, other are sex freaks, others and just bored and need company. Others think it is a dating site with a better chance of sex than match.com!

Some will sat it is inappropriate to post personal info as a status, other will think it fine as it is your status. It is impossible to please all of the people all of the time. So all you can do is be yourself and exercise your best judgement. What then happens is outside your control so why worry about it?

As for the weirdest reason for being blocked. I’ve no idea. Been blocked for sending a message containing useful info that was against forum tules to post. Been blocked for poking fun at a forum post, beyond that nothing we know of. No great shakes really.

PS: Sorry for your loss.

"

Thanks I appreciate it

By *ands solo 300Man
over a year ago

Gibraltar

You can post want you want but personally I wouldn't this is not the platform for that. My personal life has no bearing on here.

I have been blocked after chatting with some once I paid them a compliment on their new photos and was blocked? I don't get some people?

over a year ago

"You can post want you want but personally I wouldn't this is not the platform for that. My personal life has no bearing on here.

I have been blocked after chatting with some once I paid them a compliment on their new photos and was blocked? I don't get some people? "

Damn, I wanna profile pic like yours

over a year ago

I think it was an overshare. People chose to overshare lots of things here, I never understood why. But I don't have to on the other hand. You can just accept you weren't compatible. As she accepted you weren't right for her with the way you chose to fab.

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Someone blocked me because I use sunbeds

over a year ago

I get blocked, no one ever says why, people block me who I've never even messaged or winked, go to look at their profile and get the fab message "unable to view as you are a blocked user"

over a year ago

"You can post want you want but personally I wouldn't this is not the platform for that. My personal life has no bearing on here.

I have been blocked after chatting with some once I paid them a compliment on their new photos and was blocked? I don't get some people?

Damn, I wanna profile pic like yours "

Lol

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

A) No.

2) what was the weirdest excuse someone gave you (if they gave you one at all) for blocking you on fab?

A) No one has ever told me that they have blocked me and I wouldn't ask for a reason if they did so I can't answer that one for you.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I would not be prescriptive in what should or should not be posted - we are all different. Would I post anything personal about my family? Extremely unlikely but then, I don't on any social media.

Do I think it is wrong to post something that is upsetting for the poster? Nope, it is a personal choice and it would not make me block that person. I would think that the person posting this is clearly quite upset by the loss (and to me that is understandable!)

I am more likely to block somebody for being too pushy, disrespectful or rude.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

When people block, they don't usually say why because they can't because they've blocked.

Post new Message to Thread