Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What am I doing wrong

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I hav bin in fab before and met some lovely fellas but this time round it just seems a waste of time. I start chatting with someone n it seems to go well so move onto kik so can chat off here n hopefully arrange to meet up for a drink see if we fancy each other . Then nothing they go quiet. I sometimes message then to see if they still fancy meeting but get the odd oh I'm busy. I dnt know wat I'm doin wrong.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hang on in there and keep being yourself - that way you will meet the right person / people for you x

By *rKnickersUKMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

If you find the answer to this question, please share with me.

By *ardiff bigboy 40Man
over a year ago

cardiff

I find people or most people don't want to meet its about the attention an fabs on there pictures an it's annoying as us people who do want to meet for our reasons got to put up with these others

over a year ago

The first thing you are doing wrong is asking on here! The second thing is worrying about it and the third is not realising everyone is attracted to each other!

over a year ago

Welcome to the Fab male world xx

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

[Removed by poster at 08/08/21 10:32:14]

over a year ago

I never chat off fab with anyone who I haven't met, it's like the kiss of death because 99% of the time they just wanna use you for pics and videos for a bit of online fun and then move on to the next person and that's not my thing

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

Could it be your kik picture or something else that you only reveal on kik?

It could also be nothing to do with you at all. Either way, they should be straight with you and not make excuses.

over a year ago

Fuck ‘em. There’s plenty of guys out there that would love to meet you and treat you right, for you to worry about the few lettuces you have messaged so far.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I never chat off fab with anyone who I haven't met, it's like the kiss of death because 99% of the time they just wanna use you for pics and videos for a bit of online fun and then move on to the next person and that's not my thing "

Many expect or only want explicit instant gratification

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

"I never chat off fab with anyone who I haven't met, it's like the kiss of death because 99% of the time they just wanna use you for pics and videos for a bit of online fun and then move on to the next person and that's not my thing "

Exactly. I find it that when you move off Fab for whatever reason the interest wanes from one or both sides. So I try to keep it on here for as long as possible. If we arrange to meet, then I give my number to communicate that way.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Exactly this. Keep it on fab, if they want to meet up for a social, they will. X

over a year ago

dont forget its not a dating site, sounds like you might be looking for more than a quick meet

over a year ago

Your not doing anything wrong. I think a lot of blokes it's the chase they want. They won't meet up because they are probably married

over a year ago

You're not sending enough dick pics

over a year ago

My rule of thumb, based on my own experience. If he asks for your kik instead of your WhatsApp he's not going to meet.

over a year ago

"My rule of thumb, based on my own experience. If he asks for your kik instead of your WhatsApp he's not going to meet.

"

What part of Hackney are you in hun. I used to live in Dalston when I was younger

By *ollyloveMan
over a year ago

Downham Market

You can waste so much time and energy flirting with other men but eventually you will get that sexy meeting and have amazing gay sex

By *egoMan
over a year ago

Preston

This happens to women?!

Eeee, us men don’t do ourselves any favours do we. The 5% that actually progress anywhere let us down by then ghosting the lady.

Maybe some guys are just all talk, upon actually commitment we flake.

Im the opposite to my own detriment, if I make a promise I keep it even if I’ve cold feet, don’t find them attractive after seeing more pics etc, I cannot bring myself to let someone down or feel bad about themselves…

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Rule number 1: Don't give them anything to wank over.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

To be fair this happens all the time with online dating. It’s not just you.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’d suggest not using kik, it’s like an app for children and teens and adults that use it are primarily fantasists and cheats Ask them for their number and call them or meet them face to face , just behave like adults and you’ll have better luck

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"My rule of thumb, based on my own experience. If he asks for your kik instead of your WhatsApp he's not going to meet.

"

Exactly !

over a year ago

It's nothing to do with you most probably! It's easy to chat over Fab as you can message at your own pace when you're in that Fab mood. But once you move to an instant messaging app, it's easy for conversation to dry up as it moves so fast. So unless you really click with that person, it will quickly die off because they've had enough sex chat from you, they're bored or they never wanted to meet in the first place and want something new and shiny. It's a good thing in a way as someone that fucks off that easily has done you a favour. You'll find someone eventually if you keep trying.

over a year ago

People think its just gents that have trouble getting meaningful meets. Ladies have the issue too. Ive noticed since restrictions have lifted its become more haywire. People either want to meet for sex within 5mins of messaging not having a clue who you are or are complete impractical fantasists. Crazy times.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Stay on fab, until more certain. A lot of guys want app chat for wank fodder. They will be deterred if you explain you'll go offsite, once you're arranging it all.

Most people are not compatible with most other people. It takes some time and effort to filter out the bad matches.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanku for all your comments. I only use kik as a way of chatting off fab because I gave my number out to one fella n he was a loon. Not saying all are but just being careful. And I'm not looking for a one off I'm looking for a regular Fwb

over a year ago

"I hav bin in fab before and met some lovely fellas but this time round it just seems a waste of time. I start chatting with someone n it seems to go well so move onto kik so can chat off here n hopefully arrange to meet up for a drink see if we fancy each other . Then nothing they go quiet. I sometimes message then to see if they still fancy meeting but get the odd oh I'm busy. I dnt know wat I'm doin wrong. "

Not sure what you are doing wrong but this happens far to much on fab.

By *eardybobMan
over a year ago

the Goldilocks Zone

Maybe it is a flawed observation, but there does seem to be a lot more profiles on here since lockdown that have been set up out of boredom and seeking titilation rather than genuine encounters

Hang in there - I'm sure it will pass as they get bored and move on!

I'd also agree with previous posts on asking for a phone number / whatsapp rather than kik... that will sort the timewasters from those of us who actually turn up!

over a year ago

"Thanku for all your comments. I only use kik as a way of chatting off fab because I gave my number out to one fella n he was a loon. Not saying all are but just being careful. And I'm not looking for a one off I'm looking for a regular Fwb "

I don't blame you! An anonymous chatting app is the best option and gives you some privacy. Your phone number can link you to so much these days.

over a year ago

"Thanku for all your comments. I only use kik as a way of chatting off fab because I gave my number out to one fella n he was a loon. Not saying all are but just being careful. And I'm not looking for a one off I'm looking for a regular Fwb "

Can totally empathise. You're not alone in this. It's even more difficult to find a regular fwb. Stick with it though, good luck x

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

It happens even with people on WhatsApp. So I only use fab now. If you do want to chat off site without giving your number would recommend Telegram. X

over a year ago

Get a fab phone lol

over a year ago

Work a bit more on your selection process before going off Fab?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"dont forget its not a dating site, sounds like you might be looking for more than a quick meet"

I have zero idea how you came to that conclusion or why it sounds like you're suggesting fab is for "quick meets"

By *ogglesMan
over a year ago

essex and norfolk

"I hav bin in fab before and met some lovely fellas but this time round it just seems a waste of time. I start chatting with someone n it seems to go well so move onto kik so can chat off here n hopefully arrange to meet up for a drink see if we fancy each other . Then nothing they go quiet. I sometimes message then to see if they still fancy meeting but get the odd oh I'm busy. I dnt know wat I'm doin wrong. "

I get this all the time.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

That's not been my experience. I often chat on an app and it hasn't influenced whether they meet me or not. I do find and apologies to any it doesn't apply to, that younger men are much less likely to want to put in the effort that i require before meeting people-this is not excessive by any means but i want to get to know each other first .

over a year ago

"dont forget its not a dating site, sounds like you might be looking for more than a quick meet

I have zero idea how you came to that conclusion or why it sounds like you're suggesting fab is for "quick meets""

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"I never chat off fab with anyone who I haven't met, it's like the kiss of death because 99% of the time they just wanna use you for pics and videos for a bit of online fun and then move on to the next person and that's not my thing

That's not been my experience. I often chat on an app and it hasn't influenced whether they meet me or not. I do find and apologies to any it doesn't apply to, that younger men are much less likely to want*to put in the effort that i require before meeting people-this is not excessive by any means but i want to get to know each other first . "

*not want

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

"Rule number 1: Don't give them anything to wank over."
this is very true

By *on-snowedMan
over a year ago

harlow

Sometimes the fantasy is a lot better than reality.

over a year ago

The right person will stick around. If you need to ask for someone's attention.. ask yourself - do you even need it?

It will all fall into place. Eventually.

over a year ago

"Work a bit more on your selection process before going off Fab?"

This is a solid advice. Take more time messaging on fab. You want to know that other person equals your efforts before moving further.

over a year ago

"It's nothing to do with you most probably! It's easy to chat over Fab as you can message at your own pace when you're in that Fab mood. But once you move to an instant messaging app, it's easy for conversation to dry up as it moves so fast. So unless you really click with that person, it will quickly die off because they've had enough sex chat from you, they're bored or they never wanted to meet in the first place and want something new and shiny. It's a good thing in a way as someone that fucks off that easily has done you a favour. You'll find someone eventually if you keep trying.

"

over a year ago

And this is from a female

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/08/21 14:32:01]

over a year ago

What part of Hackney are you in hun. I used to live in Dalston when I was younger "

I was born and raised in Dalston. You would not recognise the place now. Its hipster central

By *ollyloveMan
over a year ago

Downham Market

I can't understand why you are having a problem meeting, you look very nice

over a year ago

Yes that’s exactly it! I refuse to use kik for this reason, oh and the fact that if you want to put your dick inside me….act like an adult and damn well give me your number!!!!

Although have to say this site has just been horrendous of late

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

Just read this thread. I also use other sites. As older male. Yes nearly all ask if I get messages. Very quickly ask to use . Kik , skype or whatsapp. Some have said in posting about confirming on telephone . Skype or Whatsapp can do this by video and call. I think there is no full proof way of avoiding fakes etc. Trust instinct. If in doubt . Block

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

"Rule number 1: Don't give them anything to wank over."

Just give them your rank and number nothing else. Remember men are the enemy.

By *udeSpaLoverMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I don't have kik, I prefer to message and swap numbers but I do get annoyed when someone just stops messaging when it seemed to be going so well, or worse just block you!

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Thanku for all your comments. I only use kik as a way of chatting off fab because I gave my number out to one fella n he was a loon. Not saying all are but just being careful. And I'm not looking for a one off I'm looking for a regular Fwb

I don't blame you! An anonymous chatting app is the best option and gives you some privacy. Your phone number can link you to so much these days. "

. exactly this I won't give out my phone number to people I have just started chatting to .If someone doesn't like that they can move on. So far other apps have worked well for me.

Some chats just fizzle out naturally and I found that not doing sex talk helps to cut out people who don't want to meet and are just on here for wank material.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Get yourself to a club.

By *andyblokeMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"It's nothing to do with you most probably! It's easy to chat over Fab as you can message at your own pace when you're in that Fab mood. But once you move to an instant messaging app, it's easy for conversation to dry up as it moves so fast. So unless you really click with that person, it will quickly die off because they've had enough sex chat from you, they're bored or they never wanted to meet in the first place and want something new and shiny. It's a good thing in a way as someone that fucks off that easily has done you a favour. You'll find someone eventually if you keep trying.

"

i think you have hit the nail on the head there. but also some genuine peeps may feel we have chatted for ages on fabs now she wants to chat more on kik.. shes a chatter not a meeter.

over a year ago

It's not you, it's the disingenuous fuckwits you're connecting with. I have the exact same problem. I have to adopt a scattergun approach - at some point you hit someone who is genuine, but even that doesn't guarantee a happy ending! Good luck! X

By *ir-spunk-alotMan
over a year ago

dorset

Some advice i got when i asked the same. Build a bridge and get over it. Move on.

Post new Message to Thread