Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ITV - "We won't just be screening any old tosh"

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Had to laugh yesterday when I heard an interview with, I think he was, the controller of ITV.

He was explaining that there would be cutbacks within the company and it would be the likes of Heartbeat, The Bill, Sharpe and other 'drama' series that would be hit hardest.

He then commented that the public needn't worry because they would not be forced to watch 'any old tosh' before continuing to say that they'd be concentrating more on series like I'm a celebrity, get me out of here

Well I for one am glad that they won't just be showing "any old tosh" because lets be fair, it doesn't come any more high quality than I'm a celebrity ....

Right !!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I agree - not everyone wants to watch "that sort of show" but there's always the beeb....

over a year ago

Can't remember the last time we watched ITV or the BBC come to think of it...

We record everything now and watch when we like... Sky+ thingy whatsit.

No matter what now... they will all have to cut back.. too much with too small an audience now

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Maybe if they brought back 'closedown' instead of running the damned thing 24/7 they'd not have to they and fill so many hours.

We need quality not quantity and it goes without saying, the more airtime you have to fill, the lower the quality of the stations output.

Bring back closedown and testcard 'F' - now those were the days

over a year ago

I think the time will come .. sooner rather than later where all programs will be pay per view... As in watch and pay.

Then the shite will be axed....

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"Can't remember the last time we watched ITV or the BBC come to think of it...

No matter what now... they will all have to cut back.. too much with too small an audience now "

Sky+ thingy whatsit? Is that your technical speak for satellite tv?

Wakey wakey Doris..... you're slacking.

over a year ago

Well at least ITV is still free and we don't havt to pay through the nose to watch repeats and "tosh" as we do with the BBC,who just fill any available slot with a news programe.I'm sure they do it just to keep those old reporters in a job because they couln't afford to lay them off.

Ric

XX

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"Well at least ITV is still free and we don't havt to pay through the nose to watch repeats and "tosh" as we do with the BBC,who just fill any available slot with a news programe.I'm sure they do it just to keep those old reporters in a job because they couln't afford to lay them off.

Ric

XX"

lol same with sky ..how many times do they repeat stuff just round and round non stop ...

By *hemadcoupleCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

"Had to laugh yesterday when I heard an interview with, I think he was, the controller of ITV.

He was explaining that there would be cutbacks within the company and it would be the likes of Heartbeat, The Bill, Sharpe and other 'drama' series that would be hit hardest.

He then commented that the public needn't worry because they would not be forced to watch 'any old tosh' before continuing to say that they'd be concentrating more on series like I'm a celebrity, get me out of here

Well I for one am glad that they won't just be showing "any old tosh" because lets be fair, it doesn't come any more high quality than I'm a celebrity ....

Right !!"

Actually Bob, it sounds like he got his script the wrong way round doesn't it.

Axing all the stuff which is the only stuff worth watching, and keeping and dare I say expanding, the mindless bollox; but perhaps "any old tosh" is even worse? God forbid.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

TV is SO dire these days that i hardly watch it at all - and when i do i quite like the humour in things like Heartbeat, so if that sort of program was axed - well then tv would only be catering for the Dole-ites surely???

Mind numbing twaddle!

Humph.

over a year ago

Tosh!!!!!!! Dire!!!!!!!!!! What are you people watching????????

The TV is an invaluble educational tool, with high quality programmes with a social interest such as Jeremy Kyle deals with real life articulate people. They offer the country moral standards and role models that we can only aspire to.

The BBC shows wonderful real life hospital docudramas such as holby city, The lives of hard working east end market stall holders are arcuratly protrayed in Eastenders, its a rare mix of humour and hardship.

While ITV shows a day-in-the-life style documentry of crime fighting (The Bill).

I can't imagine why any of you would want to watch things like a news programme that hasn't got an identity crisis and thinks its a chat show, or A good film from this decade or even an original drama/comedy/documentry.

But, Maddies the one to ask about the telly, hehehehehe

over a year ago

No matter what now... they will all have to cut back.. too much with too small an audience now

Wakey wakey Doris..... you're slacking."

I was trying to put it in terms the afternoon lushes might understand....

over a year ago

"

What's the point! They're all watching the fooking tele!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

What's the point! They're all watching the fooking tele!"

Still need the oooja-ma-whatsit-thing-maa-jig to use the telly!

Stooopid!

;o)

Post new Message to Thread