Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Booktime

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Currently on Steve Backshaws book " expedition"...its actually kinda propelled me back to who I was and have become once again. Its an interesting read for me being part of similar activities. What about you folks? Are you more a fiction or non fiction reader?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My reading list is a mile long. Both

Some research, some self help, some teaching myself things, some pleasure

over a year ago

"My reading list is a mile long. Both

Some research, some self help, some teaching myself things, some pleasure"

Oh its a bugger having so much to read but then other stuff being thrown in which leads to other stuff...in my case its history, then geography and maps, then planning lists of kit needed and reminding myself how camera works in what conditions....but its all good eh

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh its a bugger having so much to read but then other stuff being thrown in which leads to other stuff...in my case its history, then geography and maps, then planning lists of kit needed and reminding myself how camera works in what conditions....but its all good eh "

That's interesting, that'd be useful, ooh that looks fun - squirrel

over a year ago

Oh its a bugger having so much to read but then other stuff being thrown in which leads to other stuff...in my case its history, then geography and maps, then planning lists of kit needed and reminding myself how camera works in what conditions....but its all good eh

That's interesting, that'd be useful, ooh that looks fun - squirrel "

ooh where does that go..bugger need next map...its a what, shit wheres that book with index...bollocks who s he and why d he build that...bury head in sand...so on and so forth eh...

By *onzoDog74Man
over a year ago

Cheshire

Currently ‘A Rebours’ which I’d recommend to anyone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/À_rebours

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've got about 60 books in my 'To read' piles dotted around the house. I still keep buying books as some books I just need to own. Recently bought a copy of Walt Whitman's 'Leaves of Grass' to dip in and out of.

Nowadays I have a mixture of fiction and non-fiction. Currently reading the Penguin Modern Classic 'Story of a Secret State' by Jan Karski. It's a memoir about his role and experiences in the Polish Underground resistance during WWII.

over a year ago

If I read anything non fiction it tends to have something to do with history, like I'm reading The Wonders: Lifting the Curtain on the Freak Show, Circus and Victorian Age by John Woolf at the moment. But because I read on my Kindle I tend to have a couple of books on the go so I'll probably start a bit of fiction tonight.

over a year ago

I read a bit of fiction and non fiction.. At the moment I've got 'the miniaturist' 'Mr Nice' and 'vegan with vengeance' on the go.

over a year ago

Currently reading Captain Tom’s book tomorrow will be a good day

I mainly read autobiographies & biographies and non fiction

By *lipy123TV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

Fiction for me a escape reality

over a year ago

I'm mostly fiction, but am also partial to autobiographies... I just finished Moby 'and then it fell apart'... My eyes are still round with disbelief... I don't know how he is still alive

By *andlingswingersCouple
over a year ago

Woodbridge

Well, you could always read his book what he wrote....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DUV43Y0/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I prefer audio books that I set running as I switch the light out and have 30 mins listening time

Recently finished Bill Bryson’s - The Body, a guide for occupants ( it’s brilliant if you like human biology)

Currently listening to Michael S. Kinch - A prescription for change - the looming crisis in drug development

Recommend both

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

"I prefer audio books that I set running as I switch the light out and have 30 mins listening time

Recently finished Bill Bryson’s - The Body, a guide for occupants ( it’s brilliant if you like human biology)

Currently listening to Michael S. Kinch - A prescription for change - the looming crisis in drug development

Recommend both "

The Bill Bryson book is great. It's my current bedside read. I own a lot of his books and enjoy re-reading them every so often.

over a year ago

Fiction. Cant read non fiction i loose interest.

Stephen King -11/22/63

Paula Hawkins -The Girl on the Train

Two that i love

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Currently have two books on the go. Re-reading Lord of the Rings after a 20 year gap (as recently binged the films with the successful sperm) and the History of Newcastle that we got on our last visit.

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Sci-fi, sci-fan , alternative history, joe Abercrombie, jim butcher, S.m.stirling are a few of my favorite authors

Post new Message to Thread