Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Self love...no not that

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm trying out the self love thing (not the one-handed bedroom self love), it's easy to berate yourself, especially on here.

So....

I love that I am fairly funny and very caring.

What do you love about yourself?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I try to make the best out of bad situations. I always try to find the positive x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My quirky personality

over a year ago

It’s not easy this, it’s something I’ve been trying for a while.

Physically I quite like my shoulders and my bum is pretty peachy if I do say so myself.

over a year ago

I'm a glass half full kind of person

By *andlingswingersCouple
over a year ago

Woodbridge

Golly, this isn't very British, is it? More the sort of thing Americans would do.

*gulp* Well, really, I'm um, sort of quite good at...no, it's no good. I'm rubbish at this sort of thing

over a year ago

"I try to make the best out of bad situations. I always try to find the positive x"

I need you around then

over a year ago

"Golly, this isn't very British, is it? More the sort of thing Americans would do.

*gulp* Well, really, I'm um, sort of quite good at...no, it's no good. I'm rubbish at this sort of thing"

Haha

Stiff upper lip and all that

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I am not a bitter person and I still smile despite all I have and continue to go through. Resilent is the word.

I help people also no matter what crap I am going through. Its nice to give back.

MsD

over a year ago

"It’s not easy this, it’s something I’ve been trying for a while.

Physically I quite like my shoulders and my bum is pretty peachy if I do say so myself. "

Shoulders and bums are always good

over a year ago

I’m a good listener

I look at the logical side to things by not making snap decisions so great with advice.

I’ve been told I have a great personality

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Great thread OP.

I am open minded,always try to see the bigger picture,and I can be sensible when I need to be.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I love my strength and my principles.

over a year ago

"Golly, this isn't very British, is it? More the sort of thing Americans would do.

*gulp* Well, really, I'm um, sort of quite good at...no, it's no good. I'm rubbish at this sort of thing

Haha

Stiff upper lip and all that "

I was going to do a proper post, but that has just made me go...

Will try to come back in when I have composed myself because it is a lovely thread.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Haha

Will try to come back in when I have composed myself because it is a lovely thread."

The only reason I don't go through my own version of that is that years of therapy has hammered it out of me

over a year ago

Lovely thread OP

There's not a lot I love about myself at the moment but one thing I'm proud of is I've got a lot better at reaching out when needed instead of bottling everything up.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I love that I never put myself down publicly except in obvious jest or join in the "yeah but I'm uglier than you because" culture.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I love that I never put myself down publicly except in obvious jest or join in the "yeah but I'm uglier than you because" culture. "

It's a weird cultural quirk.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I love my stability and my adventurous quirks

over a year ago

I'm loving all of the self love

over a year ago

Everything

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I love that I never put myself down publicly except in obvious jest or join in the "yeah but I'm uglier than you because" culture.

It's a weird cultural quirk."

It's very British isn't it.

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I try to make the best out of bad situations. I always try to find the positive x

I need you around then "

Happy to chat. PM me and I can give you some of my positivity x

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

I think about others more than i think about myself.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I'm generally a positive person who will do anything for anyone except myself...

...which is something I'm conscious I need to be more wary of

over a year ago

I’m a very open person now which is a good thing as I used to be very closed off and not trusting of anyone

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I'm loyal and honest

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Physically, I've got lovely lips and eyes

Personality wise, I'm a damn good friend and try to just be nice to everyone.

I like those things about me

over a year ago

I have bullied and picked on myself for over 30 years, and the damage it has done. I am slowly starting to love myself and if the negative talk starts I ask myself would I say this to a friend.

Have been listening to podcasts and books on audible, and one podcast in particular, the guest suggests getting a photo of yourself as a child, and when the negative talk starts look at the picture and ask yourself "would you speak to the child like that".

I have a long way to go yet. But I know I have a heart of gold and look after everyone else but myself first. Now I'm looking after me.

over a year ago

"I have bullied and picked on myself for over 30 years, and the damage it has done. I am slowly starting to love myself and if the negative talk starts I ask myself would I say this to a friend.

Have been listening to podcasts and books on audible, and one podcast in particular, the guest suggests getting a photo of yourself as a child, and when the negative talk starts look at the picture and ask yourself "would you speak to the child like that".

I have a long way to go yet. But I know I have a heart of gold and look after everyone else but myself first. Now I'm looking after me. "

I like this!! You sound on a similar journey to me I hope you get there xx

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I have bullied and picked on myself for over 30 years, and the damage it has done. I am slowly starting to love myself and if the negative talk starts I ask myself would I say this to a friend.

I have a long way to go yet. But I know I have a heart of gold and look after everyone else but myself first. Now I'm looking after me. "

Empowering

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't live anything about me. I don't need to. I'm stuck with it. I just hope other people don't mind me. Luke

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I love all about my dream , is a long way and i will never give up, because i love myself

over a year ago

Wow! I can recognise a true fellow "heart of gold" because looking after and helping others selflessly is what I call no strings attached! People will be happy to have you in their life.

#BeKindToYourself

over a year ago

Mind yourself, love yourself and focus on the things which make you happy.

Had a lovely meet last night with a Sligo female. She had issues, is very positive and upbeat overcoming something she shared with me. She was great fun aware of Fab but not on here. Take care

over a year ago

Haha

Will try to come back in when I have composed myself because it is a lovely thread.

The only reason I don't go through my own version of that is that years of therapy has hammered it out of me "

I enjoy reading your posts because it does show your strength and principles especially with certain topics. I have often read, agreed and then didn't need to post because you already posted what I was thinking!

OP - This is the kinda self love I enjoy reading in forums because I am not into the other "self love" sexy stuff *ahem* I am ruled by my heart so my caring nature always takes over. This can be seen as a sign of weakness depending on if some people try to take advantage, but I do tend to put others needs first. We all have strengths/weaknesses... others will try to exploit your weaknesses so it is nice to focus on one's strengths and let happiness thrive!

Wishing everyone well and have a great day

over a year ago

I love my mind, my laughter and my ability to choose great friends like you Lili

over a year ago

"I love my mind, my laughter and my ability to choose great friends like you Lili "

I love it when you laugh...like on the tube

over a year ago

"I love my mind, my laughter and my ability to choose great friends like you Lili

I love it when you laugh...like on the tube "

One word... mullet....

over a year ago

I have struggled with self love over the years, but these past 2 I have tried harder than ever.

I love my strength and confidence

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

My confidence and work ethic, among other things

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"My confidence and work ethic, among other things "

I love your voice...very soothing

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I have struggled with self love over the years, but these past 2 I have tried harder than ever.

I love my strength and confidence "

It takes work. Day by day

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I can listen and make people laugh

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Haha

The only reason I don't go through my own version of that is that years of therapy has hammered it out of me

I enjoy reading your posts because it does show your strength and principles especially with certain topics. I have often read, agreed and then didn't need to post because you already posted what I was thinking!

OP - This is the kinda self love I enjoy reading in forums because I am not into the other "self love" sexy stuff *ahem* I am ruled by my heart so my caring nature always takes over. This can be seen as a sign of weakness depending on if some people try to take advantage, but I do tend to put others needs first. We all have strengths/weaknesses... others will try to exploit your weaknesses so it is nice to focus on one's strengths and let happiness thrive!

Wishing everyone well and have a great day "

thank you

By *ummer_XOWoman
over a year ago

Tyrone

I think I'm good hearted, caring & have a decent enough personality & love a good laugh!

over a year ago

I’m open minded and try to be kind whenever possible.

By *ilver Fox 60Man
over a year ago

Southport

I love me but try not to take it too seriously!

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I am a huge advocate of self love!

I love my ability to be infuriatingly positive, to not stress about things and the fact that I can still look in the mirror and think 'phwoar'. Vanity thy name is Mac.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I am a huge advocate of self love!

I love my ability to be infuriatingly positive, to not stress about things and the fact that I can still look in the mirror and think 'phwoar'. Vanity thy name is Mac. "

Post new Message to Thread