Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I need hugs

Jump to newest

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Fabbers,

I’ve coped great with the Covid. I worked from home for 7 weeks and now back to the office full time starting my 5th week tomorrow.

I’ve kept people around me going, work colleagues, friends on Fab.

I’ve food shopped for two people including an 80 year old neighbour and checked on her every day.

I’ve decorated my kitchen three weeks ago.

BUT

I’ve not been anywhere nice, only food shops and chemist.

I’ve not seen my FWB.

I’ve not met anyone or been to clubs.

I’m starting to feel really down, fed up and emotional.

I need virtual hugs.

Bhubaysi xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Have a hug from me xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hug sent.

Try and do something for you as soon as you can and make sure you reach out to some one close.

We had lunch out in our city yesterday and it was really nice.

Keep strong and stay safe.

T

over a year ago

"Fabbers,

I’ve coped great with the Covid. I worked from home for 7 weeks and now back to the office full time starting my 5th week tomorrow.

I’ve food shopped for two people including an 80 year old neighbour and checked on her every day.

BUT

I’ve not seen my FWB.

I need virtual hugs.

Bhubaysi xx "

It's hard isn't it when you feel like you've given so much of yourself to everyone else then the "what about you" thought, you feel selfish but please don't.

Self care and wanting something for you isn't selfish, it's necessary

Sending lots of love and hugs to you.

Take care of yourself please

over a year ago

come here big squeeze

By *r and Mrs BlackCouple
over a year ago

Chesterfield

I feel your pain... I've been on my own with a child for 14 weeks.... I'd give anything to be able to cuddle the Mr and to just not be stuck here all the time.

Down and emotional - your not kidding

over a year ago

"I feel your pain... I've been on my own with a child for 14 weeks.... I'd give anything to be able to cuddle the Mr and to just not be stuck here all the time.

Down and emotional - your not kidding "

I hope you are taking care of yourself too, much love

By *r lotharioMan
over a year ago

newcastle-under-lyme

"Fabbers,

awwww ((((hugs))))

BUT

I’ve not seen my FWB.

I need virtual hugs.

Bhubaysi xx "

over a year ago

Big hugs from me x

over a year ago

I know the feeling. Sending a big hug.

over a year ago

All give and no take can’t work forever. Sending you hugs and energy lovely

over a year ago

Awwww i’m there with you.... sending lots of virtual hugs and hair strokes!

Have a cuppa and a natter over a nice piece of cake xx

By *ipmannMan
over a year ago

Cahir

"Fabbers,

BUT

I’ve not seen my FWB.

I need virtual hugs.

Bhubaysi xx "

Here's a big Irish hug for you.

Well done on volunteering your time to others. When everything eases off treat yourself..

By *ixen13Woman
over a year ago

Cowdenbeath

"Fabbers,

BUT

I’ve not seen my FWB.

I need virtual hugs.

Bhubaysi xx "

i'm feeling exactly the same, i've worked throughout all this and thought i was doing ok, but slowly i've noticed my mood flatten, my libido die and crying for no reason. None of this is normal for me at all, i'm craving human contact, cuddles ect. hopefully it won't be too much longer until we can get on with living our lives xx

over a year ago

Sometimes we all need to stop and take time out for ourselves and although goes against the grain for those of us that take of others, we need to take care of ourselves. We are entitled to be selfish from time to time and that's a Good thing because you need time out. If you don't, you'll have burnout.

Huge hugs ((((()))))

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I so get it. I saw my FWB for the first time yesterday, because I'm too weak to pick up my prescriptions. He got them for me. We talked at a distance at my gate for awhile. It was the second friend I've seen, and the longest encounter, since March. (He's now taking the piss out of my middle name )

over a year ago

" i'm feeling exactly the same, i've worked throughout all this and thought i was doing ok, but slowly i've noticed my mood flatten, my libido die and crying for no reason. None of this is normal for me at all, i'm craving human contact, cuddles ect. hopefully it won't be too much longer until we can get on with living our lives xx "

My message to PP also applies to you too.

I've been working full time and part time for both of my front line jobs - my line of careers unfortunately consisting of eat, sleep breath and chat in association with C-19 so there is no escape - Fab is my escape.

Huge (((((hugs))))) to all now starting to feel the strain xx

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

I know how you feel. I've worked throughout lockdown & got my exercise walks in. Looked after my kids on my own much of the nights & weekends, kept them fed & watered.

Tried to regularly check up on online friends to keep their mood up while often fighting feeling down & emotional myself. Had some very good up days doing the garden & plants, washing the car etc. Then crash back down again.

Sadly I seemed to be doing almost all of the checking & saying hi. Only really one person (who I knew would be there for me) checked in with me & we kept each others spirits up. I didn't want to pester people but after no contact for a number of days you start to wonder why is nobody asking me how I am & I'm doing all this.

You can only take so much, we all need that other person to touch base & say hello & I was thinking about you. No need to feel guilty.

I know who I can rely on & they're the best friend I could wish for.

By *ixen13Woman
over a year ago

Cowdenbeath

" i'm feeling exactly the same, i've worked throughout all this and thought i was doing ok, but slowly i've noticed my mood flatten, my libido die and crying for no reason. None of this is normal for me at all, i'm craving human contact, cuddles ect. hopefully it won't be too much longer until we can get on with living our lives xx

My message to PP also applies to you too.

I've been working full time and part time for both of my front line jobs - my line of careers unfortunately consisting of eat, sleep breath and chat in association with C-19 so there is no escape - Fab is my escape.

Huge (((((hugs))))) to all now starting to feel the strain xx "

thank you so much xx

By *evil-AngelWoman
over a year ago

Big hugs to you OP and everyone who is struggling.

Actually, big hugs to everyone, even if you aren't struggling just because I love hugging

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

"I so get it. I saw my FWB for the first time yesterday, because I'm too weak to pick up my prescriptions. He got them for me. We talked at a distance at my gate for awhile. It was the second friend I've seen, and the longest encounter, since March. (He's now taking the piss out of my middle name )"

Saw you briefly on cam last night & you looked lovely even if you may not have felt great being ill. Hugs to you & all who need one. We've all knuckled down & done what we had to do. Our nice time will come soon. Treat yourself to something as soon as you can.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I so get it. I saw my FWB for the first time yesterday, because I'm too weak to pick up my prescriptions. He got them for me. We talked at a distance at my gate for awhile. It was the second friend I've seen, and the longest encounter, since March. (He's now taking the piss out of my middle name )

Saw you briefly on cam last night & you looked lovely even if you may not have felt great being ill. Hugs to you & all who need one. We've all knuckled down & done what we had to do. Our nice time will come soon. Treat yourself to something as soon as you can. "

Thank you

I've passed this shitty virus onto nobody. Done my bit

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I know how you feel. I've worked throughout lockdown & got my exercise walks in. Looked after my kids on my own much of the nights & weekends, kept them fed & watered.

Tried to regularly check up on online friends to keep their mood up while often fighting feeling down & emotional myself. Had some very good up days doing the garden & plants, washing the car etc. Then crash back down again.

Sadly I seemed to be doing almost all of the checking & saying hi. Only really one person (who I knew would be there for me) checked in with me & we kept each others spirits up. I didn't want to pester people but after no contact for a number of days you start to wonder why is nobody asking me how I am & I'm doing all this.

You can only take so much, we all need that other person to touch base & say hello & I was thinking about you. No need to feel guilty.

I know who I can rely on & they're the best friend I could wish for. "

I tried to chat to a friend last week and she said ‘I’m just having dinner that has been brought to me by someone I hardly know but they care’, she never checked on me later so I now see her for what she is. I’ve found the people I am looking after are now taking advantage of me in they are expecting more than I can give. Both have grown up children so I can’t understand why they are being like this with me. It was only ever to pick up things while I’m shopping for myself.

I’m a strong person normally but this is sure getting to me now.

Thank you for all the comments. Let’s spread some love.

xxxxx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I know how you feel. I've worked throughout lockdown & got my exercise walks in. Looked after my kids on my own much of the nights & weekends, kept them fed & watered.

I know who I can rely on & they're the best friend I could wish for.

I tried to chat to a friend last week and she said ‘I’m just having dinner that has been brought to me by someone I hardly know but they care’, she never checked on me later so I now see her for what she is. I’ve found the people I am looking after are now taking advantage of me in they are expecting more than I can give. Both have grown up children so I can’t understand why they are being like this with me. It was only ever to pick up things while I’m shopping for myself.

I’m a strong person normally but this is sure getting to me now.

Thank you for all the comments. Let’s spread some love.

xxxxx"

Oh that's tough. I'm sorry x

By *r lotharioMan
over a year ago

newcastle-under-lyme

((((hugs)))) don't know where this response ran off to earlier in the reply box lol

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Sending hugs to all who need them....

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I feel your pain. Hugs to all who need them

Post new Message to Thread