over a year ago

The right place

to feed someone else’s cat?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *Vine OP   Man
over a year ago

The right place

"to feed someone else’s cat?"

Not with their permission when they are away for the weekend. I mean just in general without the owner knowing.

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"to feed someone else’s cat?

Not with their permission when they are away for the weekend. I mean just in general without the owner knowing. "

Yes.

Sorry. I wouldn't be happy.

But then again I wouldn't have a cat so...

Jo.Xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m so guilty of this I buy dreamies for my neighbours cat that comes and says hello!

over a year ago

I feed my neighbours cat against my will as the greedy bastard always gets in through some window and eats my cats leftovers.

over a year ago

yes. They might eventually leave home plus they will put a lot of weight on which is obviously bad for them.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Yes!! I had to put a label on my cat's collar to stop others feeding him. You don't know if they have specific diets etc. Its a definite no to feeding other people's cats

over a year ago

Yes. I don't understand why people would do this.

By *Vine OP   Man
over a year ago

The right place

Is it ok to stroke my neighbours pussy though?

over a year ago

Ffs leave the pussy alone for once Vine

By *Vine OP   Man
over a year ago

The right place

"Ffs leave the pussy alone for once Vine "

I have a problem!

over a year ago

"Is it ok to stroke my neighbours pussy though? "
depends whether you want her owner to have words with you

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It depends. We had a cat who was very big for a domestic cat but also very hungry. He bordered on overweight because the neighbours would feed him. We wished the hadn't. If a cat is clearly not being given enough food I'd feed it though but I would never give it treats etc. we don't even give our own cat treats

over a year ago

"It depends. We had a cat who was very big for a domestic cat but also very hungry. He bordered on overweight because the neighbours would feed him. We wished the hadn't. If a cat is clearly not being given enough food I'd feed it though but I would never give it treats etc. we don't even give our own cat treats

"

my cat is 19 years old. Extremely well fed but is naturally losing age related weight. Shes perfectly as healthy as can be for a cat nearing 20. I wouldnt like to think people thought she wasnt getting enough food.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's wiser not to feed them. If you are willing to pay for all vet fees and feeding, you could consider getting your own. If a cat is lost, consider helping to trace its owner.

By *Vine OP   Man
over a year ago

The right place

Is it ok to return the crap my neighbours cat leaves in my garden? Is it best to just throw it over the fence?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It depends. We had a cat who was very big for a domestic cat but also very hungry. He bordered on overweight because the neighbours would feed him. We wished the hadn't. If a cat is clearly not being given enough food I'd feed it though but I would never give it treats etc. we don't even give our own cat treats

my cat is 19 years old. Extremely well fed but is naturally losing age related weight. Shes perfectly as healthy as can be for a cat nearing 20. I wouldnt like to think people thought she wasnt getting enough food. "

One of ours reached nearly 20. She was too lazy to go anywhere else for food. Our big old boy got very thin just before he died from kidney disease.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is it ok to return the crap my neighbours cat leaves in my garden? Is it best to just throw it over the fence? "

Or post it through the letterbox in a takeaway container. Either is acceptable

over a year ago

"Is it ok to return the crap my neighbours cat leaves in my garden? Is it best to just throw it over the fence? "
No. Cat owners are not responsible for their cats mess. Only dog owners

By *Vine OP   Man
over a year ago

The right place

"Is it ok to return the crap my neighbours cat leaves in my garden? Is it best to just throw it over the fence? No. Cat owners are not responsible for their cats mess. Only dog owners "

I can’t see why dog owners are responsible for the shit that cats leave in my garden!

over a year ago

"Is it ok to return the crap my neighbours cat leaves in my garden? Is it best to just throw it over the fence? No. Cat owners are not responsible for their cats mess. Only dog owners

I can’t see why dog owners are responsible for the shit that cats leave in my garden! "

Haha xx

over a year ago

Not with their permission when they are away for the weekend. I mean just in general without the owner knowing. "

No cats loyal lol

I have one that sits on my window sill. Or approaches when I'm outside with a drink or food....

They do the roll-overs and watch with sad eyes, as you sit and eat!

You've got to be hard hearted to not give them anything!

over a year ago

Haha

Just dig it into the soil my good man!!

over a year ago

Reminds me of when I was house-sitting at my parents' house just before they moved out. My regular meet came through for the evening and, although she tends to hate any men who came round to visit me, she quite liked him and asked HIM to feed her instead of me.

Traitor.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Yes very bad form.

I had a cat who ate from neighbours who left it food out. I asked them to stop as it came home and threw up their food in my house, they didn’t. The cat left me to go live with them. Two years later the twats approached me for a vet bill from putting the cat to sleep 3 months earlier. I told them to stick it where sun don’t shine!

People who feed other people’s cats are selfish twats!

over a year ago

Id say not.. what if the cat was on a special diet?

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Depends on what you feed it too...

over a year ago

Depends on what you feed it too..."

I read that as 'what you feed it TO..'

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

My cat eats everything, it would be fine

over a year ago

if someone else's cat is outdoors,its most likely to hunt,what's the point in not feeding it when its gonna find food anyway?

over a year ago

Id say not.. what if the cat was on a special diet? "

it shouldn't be outdoors lol

over a year ago

Should not be done really.... but I like Cats fascinating creatures I wouldn’t own one though

over a year ago

Should not be done really.... but I like Cats fascinating creatures I wouldn’t own one though "

my cats 12yrs, the minute I held her I needed her, and ignore any pish regarding them not being emotional creatures, its been entirely fabricated.

over a year ago

If you know it to be someone else's then yes.

If you don't, then it's fair enough.

Don't forget tho, cats are manipulative and opportunist. Also pigs. They will take advantage of you if you let them.

over a year ago

Not with their permission when they are away for the weekend. I mean just in general without the owner knowing.

Don't forget tho, cats are manipulative and opportunist. Also pigs. They will take advantage of you if you let them."

manipulative pigs?- my god you've just projected some huge amount of shite,so much so its dripping from your chin.

over a year ago

Behave yourself Vine

over a year ago

Just pony’s...

Feed the pony

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

it is bad form to feed someone else's cat to a tiger though

over a year ago

Don't forget tho, cats are manipulative and opportunist. Also pigs. They will take advantage of you if you let them.

manipulative pigs?- my god you've just projected some huge amount of shite,so much so its dripping from your chin."

After 40 years of serving cats, currently 9 of, but frequently many more, I think I've more than earned the right to my opinion.

Eat that shite.

By *anshee99Woman
over a year ago

all over

Yea id be annoyed. The fat bastard is greedy enough

over a year ago

"I’m so guilty of this I buy dreamies for my neighbours cat that comes and says hello! "

We do this too.

over a year ago

reading the title before clicking on the thread this was not the conversation i was expecting

By *r lotharioMan
over a year ago

newcastle-under-lyme

my neighbour has a lovely pussy, i feed it whenever it comes begging for it....

over a year ago

"I’m so guilty of this I buy dreamies for my neighbours cat that comes and says hello!

We do this too. "

Before I get told off, my neighbour knows and is happy.

over a year ago

"it is bad form to feed someone else's cat to a tiger though"

I would say that's definitely crossing the line!

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"it is bad form to feed someone else's cat to a tiger though"

You’ve surprised me with this comment

By *ream3.14159Man
over a year ago

Here & there

I don't feed my neighbor's pussy, I just stroke it

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I prefer neighbours not to feed my cat so I can control her weight. If a cat came into my garden and appeared hungry, I would feed it and try and find out where it lived, or if it was a stray.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

One of my kid's favourite books was called Six Dinners Sid.

It's a classic.

By *ichaelsmyMan
over a year ago

douglas

cats don't come any where near to my house as myself and the neighbours have dogs lol

over a year ago

I wish somebody would come and feed my cats. It is like a herd of woolly mammoths stampeding at mealtimes. I fear for my life

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I wish somebody would come and feed my cats. It is like a herd of woolly mammoths stampeding at mealtimes. I fear for my life "

Haha! I would feed your cats

over a year ago

"I wish somebody would come and feed my cats. It is like a herd of woolly mammoths stampeding at mealtimes. I fear for my life

Haha! I would feed your cats "

Hello

You are very brave How is Molly cat?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I wish somebody would come and feed my cats. It is like a herd of woolly mammoths stampeding at mealtimes. I fear for my life

Hello

You are very brave How is Molly cat?"

Aah, she's quite well, thank you. She did throw up under the hedge the other day, but it's been quite warm, but it did worry me. I'm a neurotic cat mummy I'm afraid. How are your six?

over a year ago

Hello

Aah, she's quite well, thank you. She did throw up under the hedge the other day, but it's been quite warm, but it did worry me. I'm a neurotic cat mummy I'm afraid. How are your six? "

They are super, thank you. The other week I had to shave Babiaan's fur on his back legs because he got tangled in some thorn branches fighting with Chaka. I try not to but it makes me laugh when I see him. He was not a happy cat, but it is growing back

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Hello

Aah, she's quite well, thank you. She did throw up under the hedge the other day, but it's been quite warm, but it did worry me. I'm a neurotic cat mummy I'm afraid. How are your six?

They are super, thank you. The other week I had to shave Babiaan's fur on his back legs because he got tangled in some thorn branches fighting with Chaka. I try not to but it makes me laugh when I see him. He was not a happy cat, but it is growing back "

Oh bless him!

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

It can be very bad to feed other people’s cats!

We’ve got 4 little monsters. Our neighbours don’t feed them as far as I know. Polly wears a collar with a medic alert symbol on it which say please do not feed. She’s diabetic and the wrong type of food can mess with her blood glucose to such an extent that it could potentially put her life in danger. She rarely goes further than sitting outside the back door these days but the collar is just extra peace of mind. Felix five dinners really needs to lose quite a bit of weight and we’ve been restricting his food but he’s not lost an ounce. We found out he’s been going in the neighbours house via the cat flap and stealing Garfield’s food. When they shoo him off he just sits there with a defiant look on his face

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No feed them

over a year ago

manipulative pigs?- my god you've just projected some huge amount of shite,so much so its dripping from your chin.

After 40 years of serving cats, currently 9 of, but frequently many more, I think I've more than earned the right to my opinion.

Eat that shite."

extra shite added

over a year ago

Cats = the devil's pets.....

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It can be very bad to feed other people’s cats!

We’ve got 4 little monsters. Our neighbours don’t feed them as far as I know. Polly wears a collar with a medic alert symbol on it which say please do not feed. She’s diabetic and the wrong type of food can mess with her blood glucose to such an extent that it could potentially put her life in danger. She rarely goes further than sitting outside the back door these days but the collar is just extra peace of mind. Felix five dinners really needs to lose quite a bit of weight and we’ve been restricting his food but he’s not lost an ounce. We found out he’s been going in the neighbours house via the cat flap and stealing Garfield’s food. When they shoo him off he just sits there with a defiant look on his face "

Haha!

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Cats = the devil's pets....."

I must be a she devil

over a year ago

"Cats = the devil's pets.....

I must be a she devil "

+

over a year ago

"it is bad form to feed someone else's cat to a tiger though

I would say that's definitely crossing the line! "

tell Carole baskin that lol.

over a year ago

"Cats = the devil's pets....."
I've had cats all my life and I'm a man utd fan. So yeah I agree they are the (red) devils pets

Post new Message to Thread