Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Height filters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Could height filters on fab be introduced?

Would people use them?

Although it states on my profile a preference for taller guys, people will still message who haven't bothered to read/ignore my preference.

Imho time would be saved on both sides if you could filter out by height.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

"Could height filters on fab be introduced?

Would people use them?

Although it states on my profile a preference for taller guys, people will still message who haven't bothered to read/ignore my preference.

Imho time would be saved on both sides if you could filter out by height. "

people will lie about their height.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Would people use them?

Imho time would be saved on both sides if you could filter out by height. people will lie about their height."

You think people are so dishonest? It’s not like they add magic inches to any other part of their body

over a year ago

Would people use them?

Imho time would be saved on both sides if you could filter out by height. people will lie about their height.

You think people are so dishonest? It’s not like they add magic inches to any other part of their body "

A lot of people do lie about that kinda stuff tho...

I would definitely use it

over a year ago

I'd use it. Some will lie yes, but it would still help

over a year ago

Most guys are completely mystified about this height preference thing

over a year ago

"Most guys are completely mystified about this height preference thing "

Do you think? I think most get it and that’s why they lie. I’ve even met girls just over 5’ who like guys over 6’. I can see why guys might not understand it in that instance, but preference is preference.

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Pointless lying. I'm pretty much a shortarse, but honesty and integrity go a long way to establishing who you are, no matter what your own personal stature. People are going to meet you and when they realise you're being less than honest they're almost certainly going to walk away. Honest is the best policy and has resulted in me having meets and relationships with several women considerably taller than me. Be honest and you never know, but lie and get your cards marked for keeps.

over a year ago

"Pointless lying. I'm pretty much a shortarse, but honesty and integrity go a long way to establishing who you are, no matter what your own personal stature. People are going to meet you and when they realise you're being less than honest they're almost certainly going to walk away. Honest is the best policy and has resulted in me having meets and relationships with several women considerably taller than me. Be honest and you never know, but lie and get your cards marked for keeps. "

Spot on (from a fellow shortarse)

By *winkleFairyCouple
over a year ago

UK

Height filters would be amazing!

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Pointless lying. I'm pretty much a shortarse, but honesty and integrity go a long way to establishing who you are, no matter what your own personal stature. People are going to meet you and when they realise you're being less than honest they're almost certainly going to walk away. Honest is the best policy and has resulted in me having meets and relationships with several women considerably taller than me. Be honest and you never know, but lie and get your cards marked for keeps.

Spot on (from a fellow shortarse)"

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Height filters would be amazing!"

Lol! Yes, in some respects, but I'd probably have to leave Fab as I'd just be talking to myself on here with the vast majority looking for taller than themselves.

over a year ago

Would people use them?

You will just get idiots lying about their height.

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

"Pointless lying. I'm pretty much a shortarse, but honesty and integrity go a long way to establishing who you are, no matter what your own personal stature. People are going to meet you and when they realise you're being less than honest they're almost certainly going to walk away. Honest is the best policy and has resulted in me having meets and relationships with several women considerably taller than me. Be honest and you never know, but lie and get your cards marked for keeps. "

People lie, they think once they’ve got their foot in the door, whoever they’re meeting will still go ahead with the meeting, they are that deluded. There are numerous threads about couples arranging meets and then suddenly the wife couldn’t make it. I’ve experienced this myself where the guy still expected me to carry on with a meet while his wife was supposedly asleep in bed.

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Pointless lying. I'm pretty much a shortarse, but honesty and integrity go a long way to establishing who you are, no matter what your own personal stature. People are going to meet you and when they realise you're being less than honest they're almost certainly going to walk away. Honest is the best policy and has resulted in me having meets and relationships with several women considerably taller than me. Be honest and you never know, but lie and get your cards marked for keeps.

People lie, they think once they’ve got their foot in the door, whoever they’re meeting will still go ahead with the meeting, they are that deluded. There are numerous threads about couples arranging meets and then suddenly the wife couldn’t make it. I’ve experienced this myself where the guy still expected me to carry on with a meet while his wife was supposedly asleep in bed."

That's grim!

By *oney_Bee_xTV/TS
over a year ago

Teesside

Would people use them?

YES..... and a Body Size or Body Shape filter too!!!

Everyone including yourself has preferences right?

(Not being judgemental or anything.... some people like slim, some people like curvy, some people like ample, etc.... same with height).

It’s just a shame for us all that we cannot go on a specific diet to change our height unfortunately.

over a year ago

Would people use them?

(Not being judgemental or anything.... some people like slim, some people like curvy, some people like ample, etc.... same with height).

It’s just a shame for us all that we cannot go on a specific diet to change our height unfortunately."

Sounds pretty judgemental lol

Everyone has preferences including body shape.

But you must no the reason you felt the need to start talking about diets.

By *oney_Bee_xTV/TS
over a year ago

Teesside

Would people use them?

It’s just a shame for us all that we cannot go on a specific diet to change our height unfortunately.

But you must no the reason you felt the need to start talking about diets. "

Yes, any preference can be seen as judgemental. I think it okay to have a ‘type’ and I think it’s okay to have a ‘preference’.

The moral was that if you prefer taller, we can’t do anything to change your height.

However if you prefer a body shape/size, then there is huge scope to change this through diet and lifestyle.

Unfortunately we are stuck with our height and it’s not something that can be changed.

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

Would people use them?

Yes, any preference can be seen as judgemental. I think it okay to have a ‘type’ and I think it’s okay to have a ‘preference’.

The moral was that if you prefer taller, we can’t do anything to change your height.

However if you prefer a body shape/size, then there is huge scope to change this through diet and lifestyle.

Unfortunately we are stuck with our height and it’s not something that can be changed. "

Always measure your height first thing in the morning, adds a couple of millimetres

over a year ago

How about a big fat arse filter? Or would that be offensive?

Personally it would be on my search

over a year ago

Would people use them?

Imho time would be saved on both sides if you could filter out by height. people will lie about their height.

You think people are so dishonest? It’s not like they add magic inches to any other part of their body "

People would lie there are loads of fakes and catfish they lie

over a year ago

Would people use them?

But you must no the reason you felt the need to start talking about diets. "

Thing is people lie about that too I've seen people in clubs that say they are athletic but they are way wrong maybe they were when they joined but put on weight.

It's always gonna happen I don't think it's a good idea to add all these body and height filter as it will be abused

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"

Although it states on my profile a preference for taller guys, people will still message who haven't bothered to read/ignore my preference. "

Maybe you should be more explicit that it's a deal breaker rather than a preference? For example I prefer women under a certain age, but at the same time I will consider someone over that age if they fulfil other criteria that are important to me.

By *winkleFairyCouple
over a year ago

UK

Would people use them?

Unfortunately we are stuck with our height and it’s not something that can be changed. "

What has a preference got to do with your own body type?! I prefer gym fit guys but me going on a diet isn’t going to magically change the body type of guys contacting me. What a strange perspective to have!

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

We prefer at first to like attending socials.

That way two of the main criteria can be met.

Firstly, they show up.

Secondly, they can string a sentence together.

Everything else, well, it depends on the night.

Have met guys, couples and single ladies who seem to fit the bill from the profile and do so when you meet, but then after 10 minutes you think, fuck me, who do they think they are.

So full of their own self importance, a real turn off. Suddenly you are attracted to folks that initially don't seem to fit the bill but there's something about them.

Anyway, that's our take.

Have fun, be nice to each other. Xx

over a year ago

What does height matter?

We are all the same height laying down......

over a year ago

"What does height matter?

We are all the same height laying down......"

It matters to some people like to have choices you know.

over a year ago

We are all the same height laying down......

It matters to some people like to have choices you know. "

Hey , please leave common sense out of this thread..

over a year ago

I prefer short guys as I'm only 5'2, so that would work well. I'd like a filter on those that can't accommodate too as they never read my profile.

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

We are all the same height laying down......"

Sex would be pretty boring if you’re laying down all the time.

over a year ago

I think height filters would be used a lot on here, and it would be useful as a preference as well...

I've been to the profiles of lots of nice looking women only to see "Only interested in tall guys, 6ft+". I'm 5ft 9"....

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"We prefer at first to like attending socials.

That way two of the main criteria can be met.

Firstly, they show up.

Secondly, they can string a sentence together.

Everything else, well, it depends on the night.

Have met guys, couples and single ladies who seem to fit the bill from the profile and do so when you meet, but then after 10 minutes you think, fuck me, who do they think they are.

So full of their own self importance, a real turn off. Suddenly you are attracted to folks that initially don't seem to fit the bill but there's something about them.

Anyway, that's our take.

Have fun, be nice to each other. Xx"

It's great to hear that some people do think that way. Virtually all of my success has come from attending socials, whereas virtually none has from my profile (which may suggest my profile is a bit shit to be fair) so it's nice to know I'm doing something right once I've met people.

over a year ago

I don't get the long lists of requirements people have it's just sex not marriage

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I don't get the long lists of requirements people have it's just sex not marriage"

Agreed, although it's down to the individual I guess. I just take each individual on personal merit and have made some fantastic friends as a result. No box ticking required as such, but a great face to face conversation will establish a connection (or rule it out) for me.

over a year ago

"I don't get the long lists of requirements people have it's just sex not marriage"

I know right? How dare people only want to have sex with people they're attracted to

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I don't get the long lists of requirements people have it's just sex not marriage

I know right? How dare people only want to have sex with people they're attracted to "

Very well put! Even a short, bald guy with a bit of a Dad bod agrees with you!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I don't get the long lists of requirements people have it's just sex not marriage

I know right? How dare people only want to have sex with people they're attracted to "

The cheek of them!

over a year ago

Some people just go too far with it in my opinion I never said people should sleep with people they aren't attracted to did I

Post new Message to Thread