Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

North Wales is special

Jump to newest

By *oss and Suzie OP   Couple
over a year ago

Porthmadog

Much as we love the heat in Spain, we are looking forward to getting back to our place near Beddgelert, lighting up the hot tub, and sitting naked watching the sun setting over the mountains...

Why is Wales so special?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

We live in south Wales buy our long term plan is to move to north Wales. It's got everything we love and feels very special to us each time we visit.

By *edsguyMan
over a year ago

south of Bedford

You have the best of both worlds

Love that part of Wales

Spent many times in that village

Love Moraira to

Rob

over a year ago

Porthmadog

"We live in south Wales buy our long term plan is to move to north Wales. It's got everything we love and feels very special to us each time we visit."

We would love you to be our neighbours.....xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You can't beat some of the views around Llandovery. I'm always left thinking omg when driving up there.

Saying that the views from some of the hill over Carmarthen are out of this world.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"We live in south Wales buy our long term plan is to move to north Wales. It's got everything we love and feels very special to us each time we visit.

We would love you to be our neighbours.....xx"

Aww thank you

over a year ago

I've spent many holidays in North Wales,love the whole area,especially around Beddgelert. I spend a lot of down time in west Wales these days,also very special.

By *inky B and kinky DCouple
over a year ago

pwllheli

I love wales born here and speak the beautiful language, I live on the llyn this is where my heart is the beautiful landscape ,beautiful beaches, mountains, and amazing walks and great people and will always be a very special place in my heart

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

"Much as we love the heat in Spain, we are looking forward to getting back to our place near Beddgelert, lighting up the hot tub, and sitting naked watching the sun setting over the mountains...

Why is Wales so special?"

Quite simply, because its home....!!!

Not fluent in Welsh... But what's the word..? Hywl.. As in that pumped up feeling you feel in your heart.. When you're home and proud of being Welsh..

Remember we Welsh were born privileged.... Not with a silver spoon in our mouth,.. But a love and a passion for our nation, culture and language and just being who we are...

It's a feeling only us Welsh will know..

over a year ago

Porthmadog

We have a big dose of hiraeth sitting here in Spain

over a year ago

It has rugged mountains, beautiful beaches, unspoilt countryside, a rich culture and history including the Castles of the English conquest.

What’s not to love and Beddgelert is a favourite place of mine absolutely beautiful

LJ

By *ackieSteveCouple
over a year ago

Newbridge

I (steve) am from Llandudno.

I live down south now but visit a couple of times a year if I can.

I'll always remember walking along the north shore promenade one evening, the sun was going down, the great orme looked picturesque, the sea was like glass and there were a few sail boats and their reflections in the water were perfect it was so still.

I'll never forget that. Really made me appreciate how beautiful our country is and that we shouldn't take it for granted.

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Is the road from Beddgelert to tremadog still as scenic..

Hiraeth be that word..

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

We should sell it more like the Irish do with Ireland..

You can't tell me that a coastal drive around Wales is not as scenic as the wild Atlantic way they promote in Ireland..

By *ackieSteveCouple
over a year ago

Newbridge

Oh, this year, I had some really bad news and I had to go straight home.

As I was ploughing up the a470 the sat nav kept redirecting me because of the grass fires in mid wales.

A 4 hour journey took 6 1/2, but at one point I came up a big old hill and pulled over at the top to take in the scenery.

I was looking over what I think was Bala lakes, with Snowdonia in the back ground.

It looked like a scene from Lord of the Rings.

I'd love to be able to find that spot again, but it was on such a random little road in the middle of no where.

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Think in reverse its the road from llanuchllyn (excuse spelling) village at opposite end of Bala lake.. Over the top into I think elan valley..

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

A470 is a b I t c h..

over a year ago

"I love wales born here and speak the beautiful language, I live on the llyn this is where my heart is the beautiful landscape ,beautiful beaches, mountains, and amazing walks and great people and will always be a very special place in my heart"

Da iawn - hwyl!

over a year ago

"Is the road from Beddgelert to tremadog still as scenic..

Hiraeth be that word.. "

Ahhh Tremadog climbers heaven so many classics there and the home of the legendary Eric Jones

That alone makes Wales a fantastic place to live

LJ

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Not sure, but does the golden fleece still do real ale straight from the barrel.. In tremadog (also birth place of Lawrence of Arabia)

over a year ago

"Not sure, but does the golden fleece still do real ale straight from the barrel.. In tremadog (also birth place of Lawrence of Arabia) "

I don’t drink so sorry I can’t help you there and I forgot about that one

Myself and Lawrence have a tenuous connection but that’s another story

LJ

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Lived in same house...?

Or into s&m as film alluded to after being tortured by the turks when captured...

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"We should sell it more like the Irish do with Ireland..

You can't tell me that a coastal drive around Wales is not as scenic as the wild Atlantic way they promote in Ireland.. "

We're can be an insular and insecure nation. We need to be more confident in our natural resources and abilities as a nation and let the world know about them.

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

You can't tell me that a coastal drive around Wales is not as scenic as the wild Atlantic way they promote in Ireland..

We're can be an insular and insecure nation. We need to be more confident in our natural resources and abilities as a nation and let the world know about them. "

Here here, we'll said sir..

We should be shouting our joys from the rooftops..

Tfansfer the passion for supporting the rugby to selling our country..

over a year ago

Porthmadog

Our 'back garden' too is an idyllic mountainside from Lord of the Rings, with an old oak forest complete with tree beards, ferns, streams, waterfalls, bogs... if you lie down and fuck there you feel connected to prehistory....

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Quite erotic fucking in ancient Welsh woodland..

Reckon the druids knew a thing or two that's been lost in the passage of time...

over a year ago

"Lived in same house...?

Or into s&m as film alluded to after being tortured by the turks when captured... "

It was a description given to how I looked while uo to no good in a nightclub

LJ

By *weet Treat 69Couple
over a year ago

North Wales area

We live on the north wales coast. Love visiting Llandudno Llanberis and Betwys y coed

over a year ago

Anglesey is a gem of place especially the West coast

Llanddywnn Island has unrivalled beauty

LJ

over a year ago

pwllheli

I agree totaly llanddwyn is a beautiful place,I'm still finding hidden gems of beautiful places around north Wales and lived here all my life

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Some horny carparks around newbourgh late at night..

over a year ago

pwllheli

Plus Wales is a great place for outdoor fun so many places to choose from and great back drop

over a year ago

Llanddona beach on Anglesey, piecefull and the best around on the island, hidden gem that place

over a year ago

Porthmadog

Not to forget the best naturist beach in the UK

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

We're can be an insular and insecure nation. We need to be more confident in our natural resources and abilities as a nation and let the world know about them.

Here here, we'll said sir..

We should be shouting our joys from the rooftops..

Tfansfer the passion for supporting the rugby to selling our country.. "

Yep, for too long we've been 80 or 90 minute nationalists.

over a year ago

"Not sure, but does the golden fleece still do real ale straight from the barrel.. In tremadog (also birth place of Lawrence of Arabia) "

Alas they stopped that years ago

over a year ago

Hiraeth be that word.. "

Yes it is. Long may it continue to be so especially Aberglaslyn Pass when the river in full flow.

over a year ago

Porthmadog

Hiraeth be that word..

Yes it is. Long may it continue to be so especially Aberglaslyn Pass when the river in full flow."

That's where we live....

over a year ago

The road down from Rhiw to Aberdaron when the bay comes into view is stunning.

The road down the other side of Rhiw to Pla yn Rhiw with Hell's Mouth in view just as stunning especially in a storm when the waves crashing on the beach

By *ustfun7788Man
over a year ago

Nearby

Apart from the s#!t weather north wales has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Especially Snowdonia. Love going for spontaneous drives, the roads, and views are spectacular and second to none.

By *er moroderMan
over a year ago

Holyhead

Hiraeth, as someone has already mentioned!

There is something wonderful about rural north Wales though. It's spectacular, without shouting about it. It's unpretentious and rough around the edges.

It's home!

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

When you drive through the Highlands of Scotland one of its attractions is its vastness, in North Wales its in your face...

By *rAngleseyMan
over a year ago

Anglesey

Ive spent most of my life here & there`s still so much to discover.

over a year ago

Me and my partner live in North Wales. Near Caernarfon. It's a beautiful part of the world. The mountains and the sea so close together makes it special. Not many places are like that.

over a year ago

"Apart from the s#!t weather north wales has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Especially Snowdonia. Love going for spontaneous drives, the roads, and views are spectacular and second to none. "

When the weather is good the Lleyn is a far better place to be than the med

over a year ago

Porthmadog

"Apart from the s#!t weather north wales has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Especially Snowdonia. Love going for spontaneous drives, the roads, and views are spectacular and second to none.

When the weather is good the Lleyn is a far better place to be than the med "

You know, we agree. If we had to choose (we don't) NW every time.

over a year ago

pwllheli

Also north Wales in winter is stunning, the mountain's white with snow ,the colour of the leaves in autumn, it is the best to live and work in my eyes

By *WkinkymaleMan
over a year ago

Llandudno

I never used to appreciate the area until I moved away to work. I certainly do now

over a year ago

Hiraeth be that word..

Yes it is. Long may it continue to be so especially Aberglaslyn Pass when the river in full flow.

That's where we live...."

Beddgelert is nice but the Lleyn (minus Abersoch) beats it

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Not a fan of Abersoch then..

What is it these days...?

Once upon a time it wrexham on sea... Is it now Manchester by the sea..?

over a year ago

"Not a fan of Abersoch then..

What is it these days...?

Once upon a time it wrexham on sea... Is it now Manchester by the sea..? "

It's just full of pretentious people

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

We moved here in January, not as far north as most of you but up the side of the Teifi valley. I've been spending a lot of time riding about discovering more of the country, we've been visiting the North & around the Brecons for any years but moved to somewhere we know little about.

The Cambrians although not as spectacular make the other areas seem like Piccadilly Circus. I think for "Alone time" walking they can't be beat, I've already done two days camping up there & not seen a solitary soul, not even a sheep!!

As an aside if you were held up by the m/c accident last Sunday morning on the A487 outside Corris sorry that was me

S

over a year ago

I've recently moved back to North Wales after 14 years in Aberdeen, spent a good few hours driving about the place in the summer months! Very much like Scotland but not as cold haha!

over a year ago

Mountains, coast or marches (border area)

over a year ago

Came here to visit a friend for a few days and fell in love with the place and the people. We HAD to move over! So the year after...we did. And now my heart belongs here

over a year ago

North Wales has it all , majestic mountains, golden beaches , history and it's where I live

over a year ago

"I agree totaly llanddwyn is a beautiful place,I'm still finding hidden gems of beautiful places around north Wales and lived here all my life"

Head up Moel y Gest (the hill that overlooks Porthmadog) for a superb view of Porthmadog and Tremadog on one side and Tremadog Bay on the other

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

"North Wales has it all , majestic mountains, golden beaches , history and it's where I live "

And home of the true Welsh..

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

Here in the North East were have the Clwydians AONB. Far less busy than the tourist trap of Snowdonia.

Heather and hillforts, Wooded valleys, and golden sands along the Dee. Plus we're less than an hour from Liverpool and Manchester

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"North Wales has it all , majestic mountains, golden beaches , history and it's where I live

And home of the true Welsh.. "

Now now...

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

It's true...

Unlike the valleys were all comers travelled from around the UK and IRELAND to work in the mines..

We up here remained pure...

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"It's true...

Unlike the valleys were all comers travelled from around the UK and IRELAND to work in the mines..

We up here remained pure... "

I'm saying nothing as an Englishman here, but we moved further in that we originally planned due to not hearing Welsh enough were we were looking. To that end around here welsh is the first language spoken to you in the street & our eight year old just come second in her year in the school Eisteddfod for singing a song in Welsh!

She's only been learning the language since January & can now be heard playing with her toys in both Welsh & English depending on whether she has decided they are Welsh or English

We are chuffed to bits tbh.. But we are shite at it

S

over a year ago

"It's true...

I'm saying nothing as an Englishman here, but we moved further in that we originally planned due to not hearing Welsh enough were we were looking. To that end around here welsh is the first language spoken to you in the street & our eight year old just come second in her year in the school Eisteddfod for singing a song in Welsh!

She's only been learning the language since January & can now be heard playing with her toys in both Welsh & English depending on whether she has decided they are Welsh or English

S

"

bendigedig well done , I am a true Welsh man , through and through

The original Celts came from Germany and middle Europe, so we are all incommers in one way or another. .

I love to welcome people from all over the place to visit Wales and if they love it, take it to their heart and want to stay that's fine by me

over a year ago

Porthmadog

"It's true...

S

bendigedig well done , I am a true Welsh man , through and through

The original Celts came from Germany and middle Europe, so we are all incommers in one way or another. .

I love to welcome people from all over the place to visit Wales and if they love it, take it to their heart and want to stay that's fine by me "

Couldn't have said it better. If you love Wales, Wales will love you.

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

We have something special here and we know it..

You'd be surprised at how many foreign visitors are taken aback at how scenic Wales is... Especially north Wales.

over a year ago

Porthmadog

We're looking forward to getting back next week and lighting up the hot tub. Great to sit in warm water and watch the sun go down on the Moelwyns.

Maybe we should organise a hot tub social.

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Extend invites to those who interest you..

over a year ago

I married a Welsh girl and finally moved to Anglesey 16 months ago, love the whole area and Dw i'n dysgu Cymreag.My only little moan is Why can a Welshman love his country,and be proud of his culture and heritage,and yet me as an Englishman is considered a racist if I express the same!

By *rAngleseyMan
over a year ago

Anglesey

"I married a Welsh girl and finally moved to Anglesey 16 months ago, love the whole area and Dw i'n dysgu Cymreag.My only little moan is Why can a Welshman love his country,and be proud of his culture and heritage,and yet me as an Englishman is considered a racist if I express the same! "

Some local people can have very dim views of anyone who hasn`t got at least three generations in the parish cemetery.

You can love wales & feel welsh no matter where you come from.

Da iawn am dysgu cymraeg.

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"I married a Welsh girl and finally moved to Anglesey 16 months ago, love the whole area and Dw i'n dysgu Cymreag.My only little moan is Why can a Welshman love his country,and be proud of his culture and heritage,and yet me as an Englishman is considered a racist if I express the same! "

In my opinion an Englishman should be proud of their culture and heritage. Unfortunately English nationalism has become synonymous with xenophobia and racism which is a shame for the decent English people out there.

Welsh nationalism is more inclusive though you still get some anti-English nonsense or 'I'm more Welsh than you' bullshit.

By *wyneddguyMan
over a year ago

Dolgellau

[Removed by poster at 15/09/19 14:27:45]

By *wyneddguyMan
over a year ago

Dolgellau

"We moved here in January, not as far north as most of you but up the side of the Teifi valley. I've been spending a lot of time riding about discovering more of the country, we've been visiting the North & around the Brecons for any years but moved to somewhere we know little about.

The Cambrians although not as spectacular make the other areas seem like Piccadilly Circus. I think for "Alone time" walking they can't be beat, I've already done two days camping up there & not seen a solitary soul, not even a sheep!!

As an aside if you were held up by the m/c accident last Sunday morning on the A487 outside Corris sorry that was me

S"

Hope you weren't badly hurt, lost count of the amount of accidents over the years within 1/2 a mile of your crash, at least you made it out alive!

Quick recovery, and if you get back on two wheels then gimme a shout, feel free to message me for a chat. Get well soon!

over a year ago

Porthmadog

Agreed, hope you are well soon.

Ross and Suzie xx

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Thank you guys, I'm ok, Agree I was lucky but me being me I got a lift home & started checking out my other bike to wizz up & rejoin my mates.

It was only when I thought best check this knee out & found it was my brace I wear when riding (The knee is already fck'd from being a despatch rider in London) that was stopping the swelling as soon as that was off it was

"Ahh shit that smarts a bit!"

Still hobbling around atm, but I shall be back out on a bike soon enough

Again, Thanks for the good wishes xx

S

over a year ago

English Nationalism has been hijacked over the years by the far right

By *wyneddguyMan
over a year ago

Dolgellau

"Thank you guys, I'm ok, Agree I was lucky but me being me I got a lift home & started checking out my other bike to wizz up & rejoin my mates.

It was only when I thought best check this knee out & found it was my brace I wear when riding (The knee is already fck'd from being a despatch rider in London) that was stopping the swelling as soon as that was off it was

S"

Glad to hear that you are on the mend, you got away luckily not to have worse injuries coming off on that road. Drop me a message if you ever visit the area for a ride again

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"Thank you guys, I'm ok, Agree I was lucky but me being me I got a lift home & started checking out my other bike to wizz up & rejoin my mates.

S

Glad to hear that you are on the mend, you got away luckily not to have worse injuries coming off on that road. Drop me a message if you ever visit the area for a ride again"

S

over a year ago

"Much as we love the heat in Spain, we are looking forward to getting back to our place near Beddgelert, lighting up the hot tub, and sitting naked watching the sun setting over the mountains...

Because it's less than a 2 hour drive to Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Blackpool and Ikea in Warrington.

Because when it goes dark, it goes proper dark.

Because from Beddgelert, not only are there some of the most amazing castles within day trip distance, there are seals, puffins and sharks. And lighthouses and low flying military aeroplanes. And a nudist beach which can hold its own against anything the Med can offer on a good day.

And sand dunes, Meerkats, ice creams, pontins, butlins, camp sites, fish restaurants, Alpine scenery, mines, quarries, lakes, waterfalls, suspension bridges, industrial history, trains, little trains, big trains, trains and trains.

Italianate townships in which you can stay overnight, RAF bases which you can hear from the world class racing track circuit and Bara Brith.

Max Boyce, 10,000 instant Christians and football stadiums filled with rugby fans.

Piers, high tides, sea water splashing over the promenade.

Oh, and Welsh Rarebit.

Those are some of the wonderful reasons why North Wales is special.

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Oi don't forget Wrexham Lager...!!!

By *rAngleseyMan
over a year ago

Anglesey

& Tatws pum munud.

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

"Oi don't forget Wrexham Lager...!!! "

Brewed in Mansfield ....

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Not the new variety.. Beast market wrexham

Old stuff was continued and brewed in Blackburn when it went pish...

Then we went without before recipe was obtained and new micro brewery opened..

It's not wrexham lager unless its brwed with wrexham water..

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"Not the new variety.. Beast market wrexham

Old stuff was continued and brewed in Blackburn when it went pish...

Then we went without before recipe was obtained and new micro brewery opened..

It's not wrexham lager unless its brwed with wrexham water.. "

Perfect after a grueller captain!

By *ymrocruMan
over a year ago

penygroes

Being from north Wales myself. You cant get anywhere nicer in the world I don't think. So beautiful. Very special.

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Even top notch soccer clubs like Nantle Vale

over a year ago

"Oi don't forget Wrexham Lager...!!! "

Just pass me a pint of Watney Red Barrel.

over a year ago

"Even top notch soccer clubs like Nantle Vale"

Oy, don't forget Chester. Or should I say, Chester International?

If Wales ever decides to remain in Europe, I would love to see the faces of the English footy fans arriving at Chester only to find a very small car park and a passport control border point at which they should show their passports if they want to enter the ground.

Meanwhile, the Welsh getting a much larger car park and passport free entry to the stadium.

Mwaaaahhhh!

over a year ago

"Being from north Wales myself. You cant get anywhere nicer in the world I don't think. So beautiful. Very special. "

Can't fault Penygroes. So close to Snowdon, Harlech, Beaumaris, Caernarfon, day trip ferries to Ireland, Arthurian legend, Bala Lake, Betws-y-Coed, all within such easy reach.

And a nuddy beach almost on your doorstep.

By *taceylacy1Couple
over a year ago

Notts

We shall be there tomorrow for 5 days. Love it.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"It's true...

S

"

That is wonderful.

It doesn’t matter where you are from. If someone comes here from anywhere in the world, they can be Welsh if they want to and if they have a open mind, an open heart and contribute to their local area.

I’m irredeemably in love with this place and the people (well, the vast majority). I’m increasingly suspicious of flag-waving and the stereotypical symbols of of patriotism (in Wales, or elsewhere). I do believe it is a special place though, with an undefinable spirit.

I didn’t have a single Welsh lesson in school, but have finally learnt it properly. It doesn’t make me more Welsh than a monoglot Welsh person. I love speaking it so much though.

I do like the growing vision of Wales as a small country, with an internationalist outlook. That, to me, is the future, not the inward-looking and isolationism that is prevalent in many places t the moment.

over a year ago

"We shall be there tomorrow for 5 days. Love it."

I hope you have a splendid tine , we've even arraranged for the sun to come out for you

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"We shall be there tomorrow for 5 days. Love it.

I hope you have a splendid tine , we've even arraranged for the sun to come out for you "

Rubbish from Sunday I believe, just when we are getting a visitor for a few days sightseeing, by motorcycle

S

By *talion44Man
over a year ago

swansea

Love to join you sometime

over a year ago

"& Tatws pum munud."

Ugh no. As bad as tatws yn pobdy.

Best grub tatws trwy crwyn (not a jacket potato), heaps of butter, bacon, sausage and egg. Saturday tea time staple diet. Lovely.

over a year ago

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

It doesn’t matter where you are from. If someone comes here from anywhere in the world, they can be Welsh if they want to and if they have a open mind, an open heart and contribute to their local area.

I’m irredeemably in love with this place and the people (well, the vast majority). I’m increasingly suspicious of flag-waving and the stereotypical symbols of of patriotism (in Wales, or elsewhere). I do believe it is a special place though, with an undefinable spirit.

I didn’t have a single Welsh lesson in school, but have finally learnt it properly. It doesn’t make me more Welsh than a monoglot Welsh person. I love speaking it so much though.

I do like the growing vision of Wales as a small country, with an internationalist outlook. That, to me, is the future, not the inward-looking and isolationism that is prevalent in many places t the moment.

"

Good on you for learning the language. Da iawn ti

over a year ago

"It has rugged mountains, beautiful beaches, unspoilt countryside, a rich culture and history including the Castles of the English conquest.

What’s not to love and Beddgelert is a favourite place of mine absolutely beautiful

LJ"

Whilst Edwards castles of the English conquest are impressive, don't forget that there are also Welsh castles built by the Welsh Princes. The Welsh castles are often smaller and more curious. For example, Ewloe Castle which is close to where I live, is a quite curious place. A castle hidden in a woodland which is neither prominent nor offensively positioned.

over a year ago

"We shall be there tomorrow for 5 days. Love it."

The nuddy beach? That place never ceases to amaze me. The most amazing golden sands sloping soooo gently to the gentle sea. On a sunny day, when the sunlight glistens off the sparkling, rippling waters, there is nowhere any better along any coastline of the Mediterranean. Yet, when you turn 180 degrees to face inland, the wonderful sand dunes are backed by the menacing, prowlingly mystical mountain tops which are enshrouded in shifting, swirling mist.

And then, all the romanticism of if is shattered when a meerkat pops up on the top of a dune with a dildo sticking out of his hairy fat arse.

over a year ago

"It has rugged mountains, beautiful beaches, unspoilt countryside, a rich culture and history including the Castles of the English conquest.

LJ

Whilst Edwards castles of the English conquest are impressive, don't forget that there are also Welsh castles built by the Welsh Princes. The Welsh castles are often smaller and more curious. For example, Ewloe Castle which is close to where I live, is a quite curious place. A castle hidden in a woodland which is neither prominent nor offensively positioned."

Dolbadarn, Dolwyddelan, Cricieth also good examples of Welsh Princes castles, even though Cricieth was taken over by Edward and added onto.

By *ack2016200Man
over a year ago

porthmadog

North wales has its special touch nothing i like more than going up cnicht , or moelwyns sotting around and enjoying the view, also a nice drive along the roads are what i love to do when i have nothing to do some of the roads are amazing with a beautiful sunset

over a year ago

LJ

Whilst Edwards castles of the English conquest are impressive, don't forget that there are also Welsh castles built by the Welsh Princes. The Welsh castles are often smaller and more curious. For example, Ewloe Castle which is close to where I live, is a quite curious place. A castle hidden in a woodland which is neither prominent nor offensively positioned.

Dolbadarn, Dolwyddelan, Cricieth also good examples of Welsh Princes castles, even though Cricieth was taken over by Edward and added onto."

Some of the castles changed ownership more than once.

The whole point of war is to conquer and take over the enemies castles. Then either add to them if they are of value or pillage from them if they are worthless.

I'm intrigued not only by the castles, but also the great Abbeys which existed at the same time periods.

Places such as Basingwerk. Basingwerk Abbey can be no less important in history than Flint Castle?

Somewhere between Flint Castle and Basingwerk Abbey is the small hamlet of Bagillt. Bagillt has a fairly non-descript, mud lined dock with a handful of tiny "one man" fishing boats. It boasts a dual carriageway which by-passes the village and provides speedy progress along the coast road for holiday makers going from Lancashire to Rhyl.

Yet Bagillt is twinned with Laxey for a very good reason.

over a year ago

"North wales has its special touch nothing i like more than going up cnicht , or moelwyns sotting around and enjoying the view, also a nice drive along the roads are what i love to do when i have nothing to do some of the roads are amazing with a beautiful sunset"

Driving roads don't come much better than the Evo Triangle. (Yes, I HAVE driven it in an MG B - thrilling)

By *ack2016200Man
over a year ago

porthmadog

"North wales has its special touch nothing i like more than going up cnicht , or moelwyns sotting around and enjoying the view, also a nice drive along the roads are what i love to do when i have nothing to do some of the roads are amazing with a beautiful sunset

Driving roads don't come much better than the Evo Triangle. (Yes, I HAVE driven it in an MG B - thrilling)"

Yes thats one of my favourites , also the road from beddgelert up to betwsycoed back over the ysbytu ifan road always fun

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

Good on you for learning the language. Da iawn ti"

Well, I’m from Wales, so it’s not such a big leap. My admiration is for guys n gals from other parts of the world who’ve learnt it. There are many of them.

over a year ago

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

Well, I’m from Wales, so it’s not such a big leap. My admiration is for guys n gals from other parts of the world who’ve learnt it. There are many of them."

Thanks to them for learning it but lets not start on the language issue or the forum may become as divisive as Brexit on other forums.

over a year ago

Porthmadog

Only a few days more and we can be sitting in our hot tub watching the sun go down.... heaven.

By *WkinkymaleMan
over a year ago

Llandudno

And what a beautiful morning it is, nice and fresh but barely a cloud in the sky currently sat enjoying a coffee in Dolwyddelan

over a year ago

It's a gorgeous day here in N Wales . Perfect to be out and about in the hills

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

Well, I’m from Wales, so it’s not such a big leap. My admiration is for guys n gals from other parts of the world who’ve learnt it. There are many of them.

Thanks to them for learning it but lets not start on the language issue or the forum may become as divisive as Brexit on other forums."

What language issue? There are those who support the Welsh language and there are those who are wholly wrong. Simple really

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

LJ

Dolbadarn, Dolwyddelan, Cricieth also good examples of Welsh Princes castles, even though Cricieth was taken over by Edward and added onto."

Not forgetting Dinas bran overlooking llangollen..

over a year ago

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

Thanks to them for learning it but lets not start on the language issue or the forum may become as divisive as Brexit on other forums.

What language issue? There are those who support the Welsh language and there are those who are wholly wrong. Simple really "

It is more than that. Dont get me started on it

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

Thanks to them for learning it but lets not start on the language issue or the forum may become as divisive as Brexit on other forums."

There’s been a number of decent threads on the Welsh language in the forums over the years.

I agree it’s not a thread about the language per se, but I do think it’s part of the landscape of the area.

For today though, lets just celebrate a beautiful day in a beautiful place

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

What language issue? There are those who support the Welsh language and there are those who are wholly wrong. Simple really

It is more than that. Dont get me started on it "

I know it's more nuanced than that, one for another thread maybe?

By *terobs6869Man
over a year ago

Llandudno

"Why is Wales so special?"

There is a saying in Welsh which explains it quite nicely. Translated into English it is..

"God created Wales and then, with what beauty he had left, he made the rest of the World"

over a year ago

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

It is more than that. Dont get me started on it

I know it's more nuanced than that, one for another thread maybe?"

Definitely

over a year ago

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

There’s been a number of decent threads on the Welsh language in the forums over the years.

I agree it’s not a thread about the language per se, but I do think it’s part of the landscape of the area.

For today though, lets just celebrate a beautiful day in a beautiful place "

The Lleyn Peninsular yesterday was stunning

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

The Lleyn Peninsular yesterday was stunning"

I was in the Cardigan area, but can only imagine how nice it would have looked up there.

I genuinely believe that September is the nicest month of the year in Wales.

over a year ago

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

I was in the Cardigan area, but can only imagine how nice it would have looked up there.

I genuinely believe that September is the nicest month of the year in Wales."

Possibly but November/December with grey skies and a gale and a rough sea then the coast is superb. No wonder legends/myths abound

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Wales is unique in that it is just as beautiful in any one of the four seasons...

Don't you just love the passion that exudes in this thread..

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

With no offence to our cousins in the south, taking into account the thread title "North Wales is special"

Is it no surprise that the seven wonders of Wales are to be found in the North...

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"It's true...

S

That is wonderful.

I genuinely believe that September is the nicest month of the year in Wales.

Possibly but November/December with grey skies and a gale and a rough sea then the coast is superb. No wonder legends/myths abound"

I love winter. Particularly love being up a mountain in Snowdonia on a winter’s day

over a year ago

"With no offence to our cousins in the south, taking into account the thread title "North Wales is special"

Is it no surprise that the seven wonders of Wales are to be found in the North... "

Ooh, tell more.

I do like to learn new things and although it might be commonplace to some folks, I've not heard of the seven wonders of Wales....

What are they?

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

The seven wonders of Wales...

Llangollen Bridge, Overton yew trees, Gresford bells, pystell rhaeder, St winnifreds well, Wrexham steeple and snowdon' Mount without its people..

Overton village to east of Wrexham on road to Ellesmere (shrops not port)

Pystell rhaeder is wales's tallest waterfall near llanrhaeder..

St winnifreds well is in Holywell..

The last line quite apt considering the news items during the summer about the length of queue to stand on the actual peak...

Apologies got distracted thought I'd listed them

over a year ago

"The seven wonders of Wales...

Llangollen Bridge, Overton yew trees, Gresford bells, pystell rhaeder, St winnifreds well, Wrexham steeple and snowdon' Mount without its people..

The last line quite apt considering the news items during the summer about the length of queue to stand on the actual peak...

Apologies got distracted thought I'd listed them"

No apology required! Thankyou.

1) Llangollen Bridge. I know of it but I do need to visit there more often since it's less than an hour from home. I'm not sure the bridge is a "Wonder", personally I'd consider the Llanrwst Bridge. But maybe there's something I don't know about?

2) Overton Yew Trees. I know nothing about these, but I do have respect for Yew Trees. They can be very special trees. I do know that a Yew Tree is a National Monument in Belgium (Caesar Boom).

3) Gresford Bells. Is that the same place which had a mining disaster?

4)Pystell Rhaeder - North Wales has so many stunning waterfalls.

5) St. Winifrede's Well. I live close to this place. I'm fascinated not only by the well, but by the surrounding industry and history. The Battery Mill. (Odd name) and the Greenfield Dock (vibrant landing stage for cocklers). Oh and Basingwerk which surely is as ancient as Flint Castle.

Let's not forget Ewloe Castle.

6) Wrexham Steeple. In all my touristing days, Wrexham is a town I have never had any urge to visit. However, I did live for a while in Chesterfield, so you have got me at the word steeple?

7) Snowdon. Of all the stunningly beautiful places in the whole wide world, Snowdon must surely be at its most stunningly beautiful when there are no people about.

Again, no apology required, I am grateful for your response.

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Gresford is indeed same place as mining disaster, said to be sweetest peel of bells in Wales,

Need to Google who wrote them, there may be some poetic licence, there is a particular way in which the are said hence rhyming steeple and people..

Though more of a tower compared with steeple of Chesterfield..

With having lived there (now don't start calling me duck) you may be aware of myth on how steeple can be straightened... Unfortunately doesn't favour well with the morals of young folk of Chesterfield, in that the steeple will only straighten when 2 virgins marry in the church..

over a year ago

"Gresford is indeed same place as mining disaster, said to be sweetest peel of bells in Wales,

Need to Google who wrote them, there may be some poetic licence, there is a particular way in which the are said hence rhyming steeple and people..

Though more of a tower compared with steeple of Chesterfield..

With having lived there (now don't start calling me duck) you may be aware of myth on how steeple can be straightened... Unfortunately doesn't favour well with the morals of young folk of Chesterfield, in that the steeple will only straighten when 2 virgins marry in the church.. "

I worked, for 5 or so years, alongside people from Barnsley, so I have no intention of calling you duck. Is that okay, luv?

over a year ago

PS it's actually ChezVegas if ya don't mind.

Easier to pull a bird from Brim than a pint of Mansfield.

Some of the most poisoned industrial landscape this side of a coal / pit.

Once the largest Tesco superstores built on stilts.

Oh, and the locally footy club once went to Wemberley. (it WAS the Johnstones Paint League?)

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Dated a Chesterfield lass myself, pilssly near clay Cross, only have to drive down M1 near Bolsover and breath in... That fresh industrial aroma..

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

"The seven wonders of Wales...

Apologies got distracted thought I'd listed them

No apology required! Thankyou.

1) Llangollen Bridge. I know of it but I do need to visit there more often since it's less than an hour from home. I'm not sure the bridge is a "Wonder", personally I'd consider the Llanrwst Bridge. But maybe there's something I don't know about?

2) Overton Yew Trees. I know nothing about these, but I do have respect for Yew Trees. They can be very special trees. I do know that a Yew Tree is a National Monument in Belgium (Caesar Boom).

3) Gresford Bells. Is that the same place which had a mining disaster?

4)Pystell Rhaeder - North Wales has so many stunning waterfalls.

5) St. Winifrede's Well. I live close to this place. I'm fascinated not only by the well, but by the surrounding industry and history. The Battery Mill. (Odd name) and the Greenfield Dock (vibrant landing stage for cocklers). Oh and Basingwerk which surely is as ancient as Flint Castle.

Let's not forget Ewloe Castle.

6) Wrexham Steeple. In all my touristing days, Wrexham is a town I have never had any urge to visit. However, I did live for a while in Chesterfield, so you have got me at the word steeple?

7) Snowdon. Of all the stunningly beautiful places in the whole wide world, Snowdon must surely be at its most stunningly beautiful when there are no people about.

Again, no apology required, I am grateful for your response."

Regards your interests above especially Gresford and the disaster..

May want to Google song about disaster.. "have you heard of the Gresford disaster"... Worth a listen Think there's a connection with ewan mccoll (dirty old town) and kirstys dad..

Either wrote it or sang it..

over a year ago

Porthmadog

Back on Wednesday... looking forward to lighting the hot tub

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

What's your preference a rendition of "we'll keep a welcome" or Tom's "green green grass of home"...

over a year ago

"

Regards your interests above especially Gresford and the disaster..

May want to Google song about disaster.. "have you heard of the Gresford disaster"... Worth a listen Think there's a connection with ewan mccoll (dirty old town) and kirstys dad..

Either wrote it or sang it.. "

I remember back in the very late 1970's being handed out a song book in school. Mostly folk songs along with Yankee Doodle Dandy. One song always stuck in my mind. The Gresford Disaster.

I had no idea where Gresford was.

over a year ago

"What's your preference a rendition of "we'll keep a welcome" or Tom's "green green grass of home"... "

You've missed out the third option..... Max's "The Glory That Was Rome"

over a year ago

*being deliberately cheesy* because sexy couple such as yourselves live there...

But in all seriousness I love it here, I plan moving deeper into Wales at some point.

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

"What's your preference a rendition of "we'll keep a welcome" or Tom's "green green grass of home"... "

Neither, as they're both Taff songs

over a year ago

Neither. Not Welsh songs. We"ll keep a welcome is a naff song and green green grass could be about anywhere

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

"Back on Wednesday... looking forward to lighting the hot tub"

Welcome home,.. CROESEO..

over a year ago

Porthmadog

Thanks! At least there's plenty of water to top up the hot tub xx

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I’m a Scouser living in the depths of North Wales... would never go back home

over a year ago

Love north wales we are in Rhyl you just can’t help falling in love with the mountains , sea and forests, x

over a year ago

Got to admit North wales as some great places to see, if you get of the main roads and travel the lanes you will come across some wonderful places. Lake Vyrnwy is a great place to visit i love cycling around it. The roads and views to get there are stunning.

Yes North Wales is a great place to live,but all of wales is good,and yes it does rain a bit but that is why it is so green and lush

By *rAngleseyMan
over a year ago

Anglesey

Cymru lloegr a LLanrwst - Y cyrff

Sospan fach - Cowbois Celtaidd

Hen wlad fyn nhadau - Tich Gwilym

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

God is sitting on his throne, looking quite pleased with himself, st Peter comments you look happy what's happened..

Well Peter I am happy, I am quite proud of what I've done today, what's that then God asks peter..well peter I've just created a nation that's going to be like no other nation on earth, it's going to have one of the most beautiful coastlines you can imagine, from sandy beaches to rocky cliffs,...sounds good nods st peter

The interior will have lush meadows ideal for farming,beautiful moorland and some of the most majestic mountains you can imagine , not too tall mind but just the right height in proportion, under the ground will be rich in minerals on which this nation will make its wealth.

Anymore enquires st peter...oh yes god replies it will be populated by a people who will be renowned for their passion and their honesty, good looks charm and wit...they will converse in their language in such lilting melody it will become known as the language of heaven..

When the men group together they will create music like no other form heard..

This sounds absolutely fantastic, what are you going to call this nation asks st peter...I'm going to call it Wales or as they will call it in their tongue Cymru..st Peter's starts to ponder taking in what hes been told, god notices he looks concerned..

Something wrong Peter you look concerned, well god this nation you've created and it's people sounds great ,perfect, ideal, but I just can't help think you've overdone it ..it just sounds too perfect, there has to be a catch..

Ah says god smugly ..

I have that covered..

Just wait to see the neighbours I'm going to give them

over a year ago

Porthmadog

Do you know, the only thing that would improve North Wales was if we had a celtic swingers club, where we could share chat, laughter and our bodies with friends and strangers.

over a year ago

"Do you know, the only thing that would improve North Wales was if we had a celtic swingers club, where we could share chat, laughter and our bodies with friends and strangers."
we could start one in your hot tub we could call the clud Celtic hot bubbles lol xx

over a year ago

Porthmadog

The hot tub is heated up... will be sitting in it later today watching the sun go down on the Moelwyn mountains....

By *shrop_cpleCouple
over a year ago

Ceredigion

"The hot tub is heated up... will be sitting in it later today watching the sun go down on the Moelwyn mountains...."

Take a kite - because it is certainly kite-flying weather where we are!

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"The hot tub is heated up... will be sitting in it later today watching the sun go down on the Moelwyn mountains....

Take a kite - because it is certainly kite-flying weather where we are! "

I was on top of the Moelwyns last week. Seriously windy....but amazing. The views floor me every time

By *iscreet gent2018Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I love Wales because I left my heart there. A Welsh girl stole it a number of years ago and she still hold it to this day. We’ve not seen each other for 11 years now but secretly keep in touch. Sadly our relationship had to end due to external difficulties but our love has never broken. Welsh girls, especially this beautiful girl, are the best. Their beauty and zest for life are so contagious and I find them irresistible. I also love the country. The mountains in the north to the valley villages of the south makes it such a special place and one I will settle in when the time comes.

Post new Message to Thread