Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Amsterdam

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone have any good reccomendations rather than the obvious?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

for what?

over a year ago

I have been 4 times. Get an Iamsterdam card - it includes entry to loads of sights and all your public transport

Last time I went I stayed in the Travel Hotel - it was cheap and central, but 5 stairs no lift . I have stayed in WOW hotel, its a bit out of the centre but good transport links.

I would recommend a walking tour of the RDL on your first night, it's a good way to get your bearings.

With the card, you can pick the length of time it needs to run to match your stay. It comes with a canal tour.

I used the card to visit:-

The Van Gogh (had to prebook but its included) - Spent about 4 hours there

The Zoo (Artis) and Microzoo (MicroArtis) - which are next to each other, spent about 3 hours at the zoo and 1 hour at the microzoo.

Allard Pierson Museum

The Oude Kerk/The Old Church

Rijksmuseum - Loads of amazing art, lots of Rembrant.

On other trips and stuff not include on the card, I have been to

Heinekin Experience

Anne Franks House (was interesting but felt like a school trip)

Sex Museum and the Erotic Museum (I recommend the Sex Museum)

Body Works (Amazing but not for some people)

Now we come to the food and drink section lol. Pints are around 5-6 Euro, its all pretty much the same. Suzie Saloon had happy hour most of the time. TonTon club has lots of Retro arcade games. Febo is great, especially when d*unk or stoned. The giant hotdogs with fillings are a con but tasty. Visit local café (food ones), I try to avoid places we have over here, as there isn't any difference.

Drugs are illegal but the police just tolerate . I usually pick up from Feels Good, they do pre-rolled and brownies (Hired a boat and was captain when brownie kicked in, and was relieved of duty). But most coffee shops are the same. Not gonna discuss anything harder in the forum.

Sex?

on my trips I have visited the peepshows which were a turn on for me (I am voyeur). Went to a sex show which was strange. Visited a girl and it was shit TBH. Went to a strip club, enjoyed myself more than the girl and spent a lot more money. 12 Euro a pint!! Did look at the glory holes in some of the sex shops but it was just guys so wasn't my thing.

Didn't mean to ramble on but hope this helps. Any Qs feel free to ask.

By *ancardiff7Man
over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"I have been 4 times. Get an Iamsterdam card - it includes entry to loads of sights and all your public transport

Last time I went I stayed in the Travel Hotel - it was cheap and central, but 5 stairs no lift . I have stayed in WOW hotel, its a bit out of the centre but good transport links.

I would recommend a walking tour of the RDL on your first night, it's a good way to get your bearings.

With the card, you can pick the length of time it needs to run to match your stay. It comes with a canal tour.

I used the card to visit:-

The Van Gogh (had to prebook but its included) - Spent about 4 hours there

The Zoo (Artis) and Microzoo (MicroArtis) - which are next to each other, spent about 3 hours at the zoo and 1 hour at the microzoo.

Allard Pierson Museum

The Oude Kerk/The Old Church

Rijksmuseum - Loads of amazing art, lots of Rembrant.

On other trips and stuff not include on the card, I have been to

Heinekin Experience

Anne Franks House (was interesting but felt like a school trip)

Sex Museum and the Erotic Museum (I recommend the Sex Museum)

Body Works (Amazing but not for some people)

Now we come to the food and drink section lol. Pints are around 5-6 Euro, its all pretty much the same. Suzie Saloon had happy hour most of the time. TonTon club has lots of Retro arcade games. Febo is great, especially when d*unk or stoned. The giant hotdogs with fillings are a con but tasty. Visit local café (food ones), I try to avoid places we have over here, as there isn't any difference.

Drugs are illegal but the police just tolerate . I usually pick up from Feels Good, they do pre-rolled and brownies (Hired a boat and was captain when brownie kicked in, and was relieved of duty). But most coffee shops are the same. Not gonna discuss anything harder in the forum.

Sex?

on my trips I have visited the peepshows which were a turn on for me (I am voyeur). Went to a sex show which was strange. Visited a girl and it was shit TBH. Went to a strip club, enjoyed myself more than the girl and spent a lot more money. 12 Euro a pint!! Did look at the glory holes in some of the sex shops but it was just guys so wasn't my thing.

Didn't mean to ramble on but hope this helps. Any Qs feel free to ask."

Here's a man that won't die of curiosity, good on you mate

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/01/19 22:48:27]

over a year ago

We went to club paradise if you're after a club. For a couple it was £50 entry but they give you a free £50 bar tab, for a couple at least. To get there we used über which was great because we could just paste in the address and not worry about having to explain where we were going! It was pretty good and the bar area was massive. We did find single men a problem and some were trying to touch me even when we said no. We did find out that aparently the club has two women available (who we saw) in the club and were there to play with all the single men in the bar area. It wasn't bad but I think it would have been better if it wasn't so quiet for couples the night we went.

over a year ago

Thank you mate for that reply, that is very helpful! Where can i get the iamsterdam card? And what naughty rhings are there to do? I love older women...lol

By *efByOrgasmsMan
over a year ago

Heads of the Valleys

Tbh I just go for the

Dunno where's the clubs are in Amsterdam

over a year ago

Just google Iamsterdam Card and will come up. They post it to you or you can arrange to pick it up at the airport or trains station.

Naughty things? Peepshow, Sex Show, Hookers, Gloryholes, some swingers clubs but they are on outskirts of the city.

I have been looking at flights - i want to go back.

over a year ago

Friends and I are planning on goin this yr could u recommend some good reasonable priced hotels plz x

over a year ago

"Friends and I are planning on goin this yr could u recommend some good reasonable priced hotels plz x"

Yes come to my hotel

By *wingerlover2018Man
over a year ago

Moors

NH Amsterdam Central is a great location

over a year ago

"NH Amsterdam Central is a great location"

For what mate?

over a year ago

"Friends and I are planning on goin this yr could u recommend some good reasonable priced hotels plz x"

We're going again this year & always stay at St Christopher's Inn, right in the heart of the RLD with happy hour & discount on food. It's a backpackers hostel but the double en suite rooms are nice & the balconies are good for having fun

over a year ago

"Friends and I are planning on goin this yr could u recommend some good reasonable priced hotels plz x

We're going again this year & always stay at St Christopher's Inn, right in the heart of the RLD with happy hour & discount on food. It's a backpackers hostel but the double en suite rooms are nice & the balconies are good for having fun "

Any other reccomemdations for a single toung fabber out there?!

By *wingerlover2018Man
over a year ago

Moors

"NH Amsterdam Central is a great location

For what mate?"

Hotel example.... people are asking for recommendations of places to stay

over a year ago

"Just google Iamsterdam Card and will come up. They post it to you or you can arrange to pick it up at the airport or trains station.

Naughty things? Peepshow, Sex Show, Hookers, Gloryholes, some swingers clubs but they are on outskirts of the city.

Wheres the gloryholes located?!

I have been looking at flights - i want to go back. "

over a year ago

Sorry for the late reply. The best place I have stayed as been The Wow hotel. Its bit out of the city centre but there are regular buses and trams. Taxis aren't too much but do not get conned.

Post new Message to Thread