Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Unverified active accounts

Jump to newest

By *emon Delight OP   Man
over a year ago

South Wales

I’ve noticed a large number of unverified active accounts recently - some of which have existed for quite some time (between a few months to over a year).

Just wondering how genuine these accounts are - they appear to be regularly in use, but it seems strange that genuine fabbers wouldn’t at least be photo verified!?

I’ve messaged a few such accounts but haven’t received any replies (as yet!).

Has anyone else had experience of meeting long-term unverified fabbers, or do people just tend to avoid them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If it’s men it could just be that they’re unlucky or not what people are looking for.

We tend to be more cautious if it’s women or couples, it doesn’t put us off completely but we would be extra cautious when talking to them.

We’ve been on fab for years, as singles and a couple so we’re good at ing out the fakes rather quickly

over a year ago

We won’t even message if they have been on the site more than 12 weeks with no verification as we class it as time wasters, it’s crap if they aren’t fake but take the good with the bad xx

over a year ago

Keyboard wankers in our experience or swinging tourists that like to get off on the notion of swinging but can't actually do it. Loads of couples like that about X

By *ilthyfucks69Couple
over a year ago

Neverland

"Keyboard wankers in our experience or swinging tourists that like to get off on the notion of swinging but can't actually do it. Loads of couples like that about X"

Il second this, there are exceptions to the rule but majority fit into this category

Mrs

over a year ago

Let's be honest though. Most single guys here struggle, especially the proper newbies.

Also same goes for females and couples accounts. Just use your fab experience to know who's the real deal and those who ain't

over a year ago

South Wales

Thanks for all the comments / advice folks.

I was just curious as I’ve messaged a few such accounts in the past, without reply - stupidly including face pics, which I now regret.

Seems strange though that there are some accounts over a year old and frequently active, that remain unverified.

Some of them quite appealing too such a shame if they are time wasters

over a year ago

I'm photo verified but not person verified yet I know a couple of people on here and work/worked with them as well. Which people have also recognised me on here or the company I work for due to my work lol.

So it's not really the issue everyone's fake, just some people don't bother to verify people as well.

over a year ago

And let's not forget mind your not allowed to go to socials until you have been verified a few times.

So it's the system setting it's self up, where a social would be the best place to get verified.

over a year ago

South Wales

Photo verified is fine with me - I was just concerned about having previously sent pics to accounts with no verifications whatsoever. Accounts which have been in regular use for quite a number of months (if not longer).

Just seems a bit odd that I get plenty of replies from verified accounts, but am yet to recieve one from an unverified account. When I first joined the site I couldn’t wait to get verified and start meeting people, so maybe it’s just me that’s a bit strange??

I do, however, appreciate everyone’s situation is different and some people might want to remain unverified for their own personal reasons. So it’s not a criticism - just an observation and maybe an opportunity to learn & share info

over a year ago

"And let's not forget mind your not allowed to go to socials until you have been verified a few times.

So it's the system setting it's self up, where a social would be the best place to get verified."

Not true. Yes the 'major' socials in Newport and Swansea do require Veri's to attend (in order to out time wasters) but there are other smaller social events where no Veri's are needed. The Sunday Lunch Social, Newport Single Social, Cardiff social, bowling social...... All are prime opportunities to get verified by meet.

over a year ago

It's not that difficult to out the fakes.

I often watch profiles come and go with the same pictures and profiles that have nothing on them but have been active for some time are either picture collectors or vanilla peeps having a perv because they won't take it any further.

The site is what it is, and after many years you just have to take the rough with the smooth.

My advice is that if a profile has been active over a month with no pics public or private then steer clear. Over a cpuple of months old without a verification also steer clear.

Why ? It's very easy to get verified either via chat web cam or by social events that cater for those who want to make the effort.

over a year ago

South Wales

"The Sunday Lunch Social, Newport Single Social, Cardiff social, bowling social...... All are prime opportunities to get verified by meet.

"

The Sunday lunch social worked well for me - met some lovely people and got invited to further socials on the back of it.

Really looking forward to the next one, now that I am slightly less of a noob!!

over a year ago

South Wales

Would also love to attend the Swansea and Newport socials, but they always fall on the weekends that I have my kids

Post new Message to Thread