Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Verifications... do they mean anything?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been using fab for a couple of years now, and i've been asked a few times why i don't display my verifications. Here's why:

They don't mean anything.

Let me ask you this: have you ever seen a 'bad' verification? The answer is without a doubt 'no'. Members here choose to display which veri's shown them in the light they'd choose to be seen..

Let me ask you another question: Have you ever used Ebay?

Ebay members are FORCED to show all of their feedback, good or bad. Without this unbiased feedback, the site would collapse.

Have you ever had a meet not turn up? Do you feel as though the site would benefit from having that fact displayed upon that persons profile?

Have you been sent abusive messages? Would other users benefit from that disclosure?

Interested to know what others think...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You are spot on. We have met people who said they haven't enjoyed a meet yet they've given the cpl a glowing verification.

To be honest we have done it ourselves because we feel if we tell the truth people would turn on us so to speak and send horrible mails because they are friends with the people in question which actually happens now. It's bad enough having cpls we refuse calling us stuck up or snobs which is far far from the truth.

We appreciate peoples honestey when they turn us down and don't hold it against them unlike others on here.

It's the same as threads being taken off because certain people don't like what someones saying.

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

We're delighted with the meets to date and how they were recived by our fun friends

Should be something available in terms of bad feedback for timewasters, rudeness, people of let down though but maybe that has to be learned from and help you move on,regroup and adopt a different tact to avoid in future.

over a year ago

we had someone put off by our veri's last week!! didn't want to be another notch..made me feel cheap.

hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

over a year ago

"we had someone put off by our veri's last week!! didn't want to be another notch..made me feel cheap.

hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!"

So sorry to hear that. We're classed as hardcore because we've been swinging off and on for over 10. Thing is it only works out that we've actually had sex with 4 cpls a year which is a lot less than some of those who've been at for less than 6 months.

We don't look at whata been said on a veri, we look at who's written it. Looking at who's written it is a good way to judge people standards

over a year ago

Agree with Charlie, think people should have to display all veri's or there be a marker that they are showing only a certain number of the veri's they have received. If you really wanted you could ask them to show them before you made a decision on whether you wanted to meet or not.

By *ark CharmerMan
over a year ago

Horsham

I use fab because of the verifications and do not deal with people who arent verified, even if its someone saying, yes met them at a social, I just want to know they are real. Saying that there are verifications that I laugh about, a female joined 3 months ago verified by 2 men who also joined 3 months ago and both men only verified by the female, personally I stay clear of such. I am not saying wack loads of verifications, just to make sure people know you are genuine.

over a year ago

I agree with the whole system of verifications, yes both good and bad should be displayed, but offensive or rude ones removed.

As you can see from mine, i have veri's, but have met a couple of times and not had them either, i've also been turned down because i've met someone who the other didn't like, so she wasn't going to meet me for that reason...

still each to their own!

How else do you prove you are genuine? socials, phone calls?

over a year ago

iv been told by cpls thay wont play with somone ho has to meny verys each to there own i could easly hide them would thay meet then or was it the brush off im not asamed of any of my verys or the people that gave them

over a year ago

I don't like verifications, I show none of mine, I think what is private should remain private.

Mass verifications put me off straight away.

I have no wish to be another notch on a well whittled bedpost.

I have given a few out in my time, but I now do not give them and request that people do not give me any.

I read verifications if I have an interest in a profile/person(s)and I do often think :

" You think I'm going to meet you after you have met that/them !! "

I will add that that is just my opinion and anyone else is entitled to their own opinion.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

see.. i was originally in the camp of "not showing any of mine as what happens privately stays private...

all a verification has to show for me is that they were who they said they were, and they showed up... nothing more nothing less...

the problem is that some sound like a "match of the day commentary" we don't need to know what happens!!

I only show the ones that are not rude... that is where i feel comfortable....

the problem is that people see verifications and make all sorts of assumptions...

I haven't play with a lot of the people who have verified me, a lot of them are from people I have met at socials or at clubs...

and as for bad verifications.. that is a simple one... there are vendictive people out there who you could turn down and could write something completly untrue...

take verifications with a pinch of salt, the problem is people seem them as the "be all and end all" rather than using what we did in the olden ages.. gut instinct and your own due diligence!!!

over a year ago

I echo the above post, and would like to add that IMHO where verifications are concerened then your damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Better to meet socialy first, that's where the Fab socials come in, be nice to see more people there sometimes, that is if everybody isn't banned.

over a year ago

"I echo the above post, and would like to add that IMHO where verifications are concerened then your damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Better to meet socialy first, that's where the Fab socials come in, be nice to see more people there sometimes, that is if everybody isn't banned."

Spot on, couldn't agree more

over a year ago

who's going to actually verify a "bad" verification because the other couple didn't turn up?

We could "say" you didn't turn up.. knowing full well we never arranged anything, and we only "said" that because you blocked us..

Sorry bad vari's would only lead to more issues!

With ebay, ebay has a track of the interactions you have with other members.. you dont have that here.

over a year ago

Social or club meets are where its at..

We've met some lovely people in the past, but we felt after time went on that we wouldn't be match "playfully", so never tried to re meet.

We've not contacted them, and they've not contacted us.. just how it goes.

By *urfdudeMan
over a year ago

WEXFORD

I have been reading a few profiles and some people insist on verifications which is their choice, I doubt how valid some of them actually are - I have seen new members profiles and within 24 hours they are verified - that is good going from new member to verified in a day, how does talking on the phone verify you as a genuine swinger ??? Sorry for the rant but I think FAB need to rethink the verification process properly.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/10/11 13:10:26]

By *handyshandyCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

Common sense should rule here. Personally I never accept friends if i havnt met them and consider they are in fact friends. Similarly i do not accept veris from people I dont consider worth accepting. We went to a club once which was downright awful, the worst Ive ever been to. We left after 20mts..I have 4 consequtive verifications from the club owners and never accepted any of them. I didnt want people to think we went there or that it was an acceptable club. After a time he mailed me and called me up my own bleep bleep cos his club wasnt good enough for me lolol...I do read and act upon veris I think theyre important for people new to the site in the sense of how genuine people are...xx went to decadent nights sat too..omg amazing ss

over a year ago

In all fairness, mandyshandys post above sums it all up. Couldn't have put if any better.

What about un-verifying someone? As in life things happen and people either fall out or drift apart but the only way of un-verifying someone on here is to block them.

Surely there should be the option of removing your verification off a profile if you wanted as there is on other sites.

over a year ago

"In all fairness, mandyshandys post above sums it all up. Couldn't have put if any better.

What about un-verifying someone? As in life things happen and people either fall out or drift apart but the only way of un-verifying someone on here is to block them.

Surely there should be the option of removing your verification off a profile if you wanted as there is on other sites."

If your going to un varify, there must be a reason strong enough you feel you have to remove it - so whats wrong with blocking to remove it?

over a year ago

okay plese dun yell at me lol i cant take it pmsl xxx

rite ice wanted to organise something nice for me lol and he did alot of research so to speak and read alot of veris and profiles. The surprise he found me was totally true to the veris and i had a great nite xxx

When we verify or are goin to verify someone we give a honest and straightforward verification... its then up to the person whether or not they put it on the profile.

If we received a verification that was unflattering or wateva i think we both would still put it on (as long as it wasnt toooo abusive lol) so that people could see both sides of the coin so to speak xxxx

If any of that make sense lmao xxx

Mwah xxxx

By *urfdudeMan
over a year ago

WEXFORD

Verifications should be honest and you should be wiser after reading it, you dont have to go into the finer details, that is up to the individual.

I have read some lately where people who had just joined the site and within 24 hours are verified as "genuine", these were recieved by talking to someone by phone ! Talking dirty to somebody in person or worse by phone does not in my eyes qualify you as being a "genuine swiner" , am I right or wrong, its too weak.

A better system and standard of verifactions needs to be introduced as they are hard to believe, comments welcome.

Post new Message to Thread