FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Idea for pop up socials.. Your comments please.

Jump to newest

By *ild_oats OP   Man
over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

Having recently moved back to South Wales I'm thinking of organising a few "pop up" socials over the summer months to make some new friends. These could range from pub gardens to gentle bike rides (no more than a few miles for the less athletic) to 10 pin bowling to a picnic. These will no way replace or clash with existing socials. How I plan for theses to work is that I will post something like "Pop up Social" followed by the location town the day before the event with full location, time and event details. I won't run a guest list or anything like that. As these will be low key and in public places so the usual rules and discretion apply. If you can't behave in public don't turn up. So who is interested and also any suggestion's for places or types of event welcome...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you post it on here it is an open forum and anyone can see not just the members of fab x

over a year ago

Please don't post actually locations of socials on the forum

You could post a rough area such as the town or city then just pm the details to those interested

Actual locations should never be put on here

over a year ago

You may find that arranging something with just a days notice will affect your numbers as a lot of people work and have to arrange childcare etc

Good luck though

By *ild_oats OP   Man
over a year ago

"Please don't post actually locations of socials on the forum

You could post a rough area such as the town or city then just pm the details to those interested

Actual locations should never be put on here "

Good point.. Thanks

By *ild_oats OP   Man
over a year ago

"You may find that arranging something with just a days notice will affect your numbers as a lot of people work and have to arrange childcare etc

Good luck though "

I know we all have lives outside of here... I'm not looking for a cast of thousands as I will never remember everyone... Just whoever can turn up on the day ....

It may be just one other and their dog... But if you don't try you don't know...

over a year ago

"You may find that arranging something with just a days notice will affect your numbers as a lot of people work and have to arrange childcare etc

Good luck though

I know we all have lives outside of here... I'm not looking for a cast of thousands as I will never remember everyone... Just whoever can turn up on the day ....

It may be just one other and their dog... But if you don't try you don't know... "

Wasn't criticising you btw incase that's how it cane across

Was just a suggestion that giving people a bit more notice may enable more people who may like to attend to be able to do so

Good luck

over a year ago

I love the idea of this because I often can't plan my time & I'm left twiddling my thumbs, especially at the weekends x

By *ild_oats OP   Man
over a year ago

Good luck though

It may be just one other and their dog... But if you don't try you don't know...

Wasn't criticising you btw incase that's how it cane across

Was just a suggestion that giving people a bit more notice may enable more people who may like to attend to be able to do so

Good luck "

Good point....

I did not see it at all as criticism...

I'm just trying to seek peoples views.... Good, bad or indifferent.

So please keep comments coming or if you have any ideas for social events you would enjoy attending...

over a year ago

Great idea. Specially if you do it on random days

Joe

over a year ago

I'm doing a Sunday lunch social 11th June in the Bridgend area, see the thread X

over a year ago

Great idea OP

over a year ago

With the Lions series coming up I have had quite a few peolpe ask me about doing early morning get togethers to watch the test matches, as I am sure a lot of pubs will open for them

I couldn't commit to arranging but it would deffo be something I would attend if I were able to

over a year ago

Sport and alcohol will always attract interest

By *iforfun999Man
over a year ago

Haverfordwest

Good idea. Pop ups are more appreciated in a public place than pop outs.

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

I think it's a great idea! Especially if you're in a city where a few people are likely to be available close by at short notice. Something along the lines of 'picnic in the park this afternoon. Pm for details'. Keeping the details private will help limit the looky-loos.

Short notice would work well for those sort of events as they're impromptu by their nature. More organised socials that require a venue booking can be with more notice.

over a year ago

With a bit of notice OP I think it would be a welcome addition to the socials that already run. Like the sound of a bowling one

Kinky

Post new Message to Thread