Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Pembrokeshire social

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone, i want to put out some feelers to see who would be interested in a localish social some time in the near future.. i know its been tried before and was a semi successful.

What's your opinions peeps

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good luck

over a year ago

Sounds worth a go, count me in

By *iforfun999Man
over a year ago

Haverfordwest

Great idea! Thank you!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I will add everyone to my hotlist then see what the numbers are in a week.. if it's a good number I'll sort out a venue

By *own N County SocialsCouple
over a year ago

CARMARTHEN

"Hi everyone, i want to put out some feelers to see who would be interested in a localish social some time in the near future.. i know its been tried before and was a semi successful.

What's your opinions peeps "

Personally I would have a discussion with Warren before you put to much work into the project

over a year ago

Warren tried it not so long ago, poor response

over a year ago

To be fair though, Warren did only try it for 2 meetings. Seemed a bit soon to abandon it to me, but that was his call.

I'm always interested in a local social, schedule allowing.

over a year ago

I would definitely try and come, like warrens I would have loved to have gone but being selfembloyed I had to cancel last thing but put my name down and I will do my best to attend

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

Whatever the result, it's always good to see someone trying to organise an event.

It takes just one person to volunteer, but finding that person can be hard enough

over a year ago

CARMARTHEN

"To be fair though, Warren did only try it for 2 meetings. Seemed a bit soon to abandon it to me, but that was his call.

I'm always interested in a local social, schedule allowing."

So how many times should he try perhaps until there is a date that actually suits you,be real male members perhaps trying to organise a social is a long and thankless task and the real time wasters are definitely males

over a year ago

"To be fair though, Warren did only try it for 2 meetings. Seemed a bit soon to abandon it to me, but that was his call.

So how many times should he try perhaps until there is a date that actually suits you,be real male members perhaps trying to organise a social is a long and thankless task and the real time wasters are definitely males "

If you're implying I'm a time waster because I couldn't make the 2 social events that he put on, even though I never stated that I could, then so is every Pembrokeshire member that didn't go!

I'm not saying keep trying with no interest for months on end, but to abandon them after 2, when both had actual interest and people turn up was a bit premature. Especially as they weren't advertised in the meets section of the site, just the forums!

over a year ago

CARMARTHEN

So how many times should he try perhaps until there is a date that actually suits you,be real male members perhaps trying to organise a social is a long and thankless task and the real time wasters are definitely males

If you're implying I'm a time waster because I couldn't make the 2 social events that he put on, even though I never stated that I could, then so is every Pembrokeshire member that didn't go!

I'm not saying keep trying with no interest for months on end, but to abandon them after 2, when both had actual interest and people turn up was a bit premature. Especially as they weren't advertised in the meets section of the site, just the forums!"

I am not saying that you are a time waster but you are very quick to make comments against Warren who in my opinion did his very best

ANYWAY it's time that this posting should return to the OPs intended format

over a year ago

With all due respect Henry the OP may have more success than Warren purely down to his age. As I have said before to you with your social, as a member of the older generation of Fab you may not be all that alluring as a social organiser, hence why you probably struggle for numbers all the time. So just because Warren was unsuccesful with his attempts it doesn't mean the OP would be

over a year ago

Good luck with this

As there use to be the milford social that Warren organised.

This was running for a few months people in Pembrokeshire just ain't interested.

By *RH and HRNCouple
over a year ago

Carmarthen

We couldn't do the Wednesday that the previous attempt was on . . But would to have quite happily attended. For us it depends on the timings xx

Post new Message to Thread