Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

royals

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

what do people think of the royal family and the fact tax payers are paying for the wedding

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rs Sugar Mr SpiceCouple
over a year ago

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

Nothing to do with me ,they not my Kings and Queens and actually they shouldent be on our royal family due to an affair years ago when 1 ov our Kings was away at war and his Queen fell pregnant while he was away so the previouse monharcs have no ligitimate claim to it any ways ,god i watch way 2 much ov the history channel and my spellings crap ha ha

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

which King was away at war?

over a year ago

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

"which King was away at war?"

God knows but there was a programme on about finding the real monarch months ago wich they did and there was a load ov documenteries on about it at the time aswell lol

over a year ago

ok, was hoping you knew,as to save me looking it up lol.... looks as if i have to now innit lol xx

over a year ago

"ok, was hoping you knew,as to save me looking it up lol.... looks as if i have to now innit lol xx"

He he let me know aswell if you would lol

over a year ago

who cares?...most ppl are on trhe scrath

over a year ago

i wouldnt call 3 million out of a 60 million population most people lol

By *iJane4funCouple
over a year ago

South, Wales

We are so excited about it all that we decided to go to Alecante for a week!! Hope that the action replays will all be over by then.

over a year ago

think i would rather have the royal family and government than have a country run by just one president to be truthful, and as far as some of my taxes going towards paying for the wedding, hell makes a change from it paying for ppl who dont wanna work

over a year ago

"think i would rather have the royal family and government than have a country run by just one president to be truthful, and as far as some of my taxes going towards paying for the wedding, hell makes a change from it paying for ppl who dont wanna work "

dont know what ppl who dont work got to do with it lol lots of countrys have presidents and are better off

over a year ago

Have to agree with kitten our taxes do also fund lazy layabouts that contribute nothing to our economy whereas the monarchy at least do bring in millions of pounds worth of revenue into our country by way of tourism and don't forget unlike many moons ago when they were totally supported by the tax payer they now also pay tax which amounts to a hell of a lot more than we do !

over a year ago

"Have to agree with kitten our taxes do also fund lazy layabouts that contribute nothing to our economy whereas the monarchy at least do bring in millions of pounds worth of revenue into our country by way of tourism and don't forget unlike many moons ago when they were totally supported by the tax payer they now also pay tax which amounts to a hell of a lot more than we do ! "
not all unemployed are lazy alot of them have lost jobs there selves,as for tourists thats not right france,usa,germany,australia,india,brazil just to name a few have tourists without royal family.at the end of the day what do they do how many millions is the security alone going to cost.

over a year ago

Having not said the only tourism is from royalty they do bring in a hell of a lot of revenue within the tourism industry the wedding alone is bringing people into the county from all over the world and as for australia not having a royal family .... I think you will see that queen elizabeth II is their monarch due to them being part of the commonwealth !

As for us paying to keep the royals then hey I am quite happy with my 65 pence a year each approx to keep them and after all they do bring in about £160 million a year into the country which is more than we all contribute !

over a year ago

how do they bring in 160 million sorry thats rubbish fact people visit countrys even if they dont have royals france do ok dont they as they havnt go a queen,prince,princess,ducthess,duke etc etc sat on there arse living of us everything they got is from us france and russia had the right idea lol

over a year ago

Ok I am just talking shit for the fun of it .... They cost 40 million a year to keep and with approx 60 million population we only pay approc 65pence each a year towards thierr upkeep!

The queen pays income tax as well as price charles expanding company the duchy of cornwall on which he pays the same tax as me and my business

Plus we do not pay for all the royals just the senior royals you will find many have jobs at which they are paid salary

over a year ago

Thought it would make a change to your normal tripe

over a year ago

"Ok I am just talking shit for the fun of it .... They cost 40 million a year to keep and with approx 60 million population we only pay approc 65pence each a year towards thierr upkeep!

The queen pays income tax as well as price charles expanding company the duchy of cornwall on which he pays the same tax as me and my business

Plus we do not pay for all the royals just the senior royals you will find many have jobs at which they are paid salary "

Your views are wasted in here but hey, at least you can spell lol

By *ittle-Miss-MuffetCouple
over a year ago

Chester / North Wales

"Have to agree with kitten our taxes do also fund lazy layabouts that contribute nothing to our economy whereas the monarchy at least do bring in millions of pounds worth of revenue into our country by way of tourism and don't forget unlike many moons ago when they were totally supported by the tax payer they now also pay tax which amounts to a hell of a lot more than we do ! not all unemployed are lazy alot of them have lost jobs there selves,as for tourists thats not right france,usa,germany,australia,india,brazil just to name a few have tourists without royal family.at the end of the day what do they do how many millions is the security alone going to cost."

Erm, France does have a Royal Family.. Australia has a Royal Family (erm, that'll be ours as the are still part of the empire).. and I may be wrong but I'm sure same goes for India. As for Germany, their Royal family.. damn, that's ours again...

Barzil.. Could you not have come up up better examples? Spain maybe.. oh, hang on a minute..

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/14562

Only these links allowed please

over a year ago

"Have to agree with kitten our taxes do also fund lazy layabouts that contribute nothing to our economy whereas the monarchy at least do bring in millions of pounds worth of revenue into our country by way of tourism and don't forget unlike many moons ago when they were totally supported by the tax payer they now also pay tax which amounts to a hell of a lot more than we do ! not all unemployed are lazy alot of them have lost jobs there selves,as for tourists thats not right france,usa,germany,australia,india,brazil just to name a few have tourists without royal family.at the end of the day what do they do how many millions is the security alone going to cost.

Erm, France does have a Royal Family.. Australia has a Royal Family (erm, that'll be ours as the are still part of the empire).. and I may be wrong but I'm sure same goes for India. As for Germany, their Royal family.. damn, that's ours again...

Barzil.. Could you not have come up up better examples? Spain maybe.. oh, hang on a minute.."

check your history lol spain have royals our queen as about 14 countries that dont belong to her in total there are about 45 royal familys and that it alot of them most people have never heard of

By *lurmMan
over a year ago

Swansea-ish

"Have to agree with kitten our taxes do also fund lazy layabouts that contribute nothing to our economy whereas the monarchy at least do bring in millions of pounds worth of revenue into our country by way of tourism and don't forget unlike many moons ago when they were totally supported by the tax payer they now also pay tax which amounts to a hell of a lot more than we do ! not all unemployed are lazy alot of them have lost jobs there selves,as for tourists thats not right france,usa,germany,australia,india,brazil just to name a few have tourists without royal family.at the end of the day what do they do how many millions is the security alone going to cost.

Barzil.. Could you not have come up up better examples? Spain maybe.. oh, hang on a minute..

check your history lol spain have royals our queen as about 14 countries that dont belong to her in total there are about 45 royal familys and that it alot of them most people have never heard of "

Exactly - "never heard of" they don't generate anywhere near as much tourist revenue as "ours" do.

BTW why is the same topic posted twice?

over a year ago

check your history lol spain have royals our queen as about 14 countries that dont belong to her in total there are about 45 royal familys and that it alot of them most people have never heard of

Exactly - "never heard of" they don't generate anywhere near as much tourist revenue as "ours" do.

BTW why is the same topic posted twice? "

dont know why same topic is on here twice lol,as for tourists people allways say that people go to countries that dont have royals some of them the largest in the world usa,china,germany,france,india,brazil,italy,parts of africa,pakistan i could go on lol either you like them or you dont but dont forget how they got what they got to start with.

By *lurmMan
over a year ago

Swansea-ish

My point though was they generate more tourist income than those other countries with royal families, not just tourism in general.

over a year ago

Chester / North Wales

check your history lol spain have royals our queen as about 14 countries that dont belong to her in total there are about 45 royal familys and that it alot of them most people have never heard of "

I know Spain have royals.. obviously was being a bit too subtle with the mild sarcasm..

over a year ago

Chester / North Wales

dont know why same topic is on here twice lol,as for tourists people allways say that people go to countries that dont have royals some of them the largest in the world usa,china,germany,france,india,brazil,italy,parts of africa,pakistan i could go on lol either you like them or you dont but dont forget how they got what they got to start with."

..and didn't we just establish that some of those you mention DO have royal families, or come under our 'own' royal family? Not saying that's the reason people visit them, in fact I partly agree with you. But if you are going to use other countries to make a point it's best to check them out first.

over a year ago

it was a brilliant day good luck to them this govt wastes more money on illegal wars thats what u should be moaning about not giving 65pence a year to the royals

over a year ago

"My point though was they generate more tourist income than those other countries with royal families, not just tourism in general. "

how do they as people would come here to see the palace etc even if we got rid of them everything they got as we pilleged of the commoner because thats how they look at us.

over a year ago

"it was a brilliant day good luck to them this govt wastes more money on illegal wars thats what u should be moaning about not giving 65pence a year to the royals"

and the royal family have never wasted money have nobody can give a good reason for them apart from the same old nonsense of tourists wow big deal other countires manage just fine if not better without a royal family.

over a year ago

dont know why same topic is on here twice lol,as for tourists people allways say that people go to countries that dont have royals some of them the largest in the world usa,china,germany,france,india,brazil,italy,parts of africa,pakistan i could go on lol either you like them or you dont but dont forget how they got what they got to start with.

..and didn't we just establish that some of those you mention DO have royal families, or come under our 'own' royal family? Not saying that's the reason people visit them, in fact I partly agree with you. But if you are going to use other countries to make a point it's best to check them out first."

have any of the countries i named got a royal family then.

By *lurmMan
over a year ago

Swansea-ish

"My point though was they generate more tourist income than those other countries with royal families, not just tourism in general.

how do they as people would come here to see the palace etc even if we got rid of them everything they got as we pilleged of the commoner because thats how they look at us."

In that case blame your ancestors for not beating them and you being in the palace instead

over a year ago

Chester / North Wales

..and didn't we just establish that some of those you mention DO have royal families, or come under our 'own' royal family? Not saying that's the reason people visit them, in fact I partly agree with you. But if you are going to use other countries to make a point it's best to check them out first.

have any of the countries i named got a royal family then."

Yes. Read the other posts - keep up! lol

France has a royal family, Germany has a royal family, India has OUR royal family, China had a royal family (technically an imperial family as China was ruled under an Emperor not a King or Queen). America? They barely have any history let alone royalty..

Post new Message to Thread