FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

we have a question that baffles us,why do people on your friends list ignore a message when you send it dont even read it and you know there online whats that about.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

I think there is a good chance that they just havent noticed that they have a msg.

Unless you refresh your account, then the "you have 1 msg" thingy doesnt show up.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

and its not that prominent to see the message indicator either.

over a year ago

Its not just that, iv had it loads of times myself... Even had people on my friends list read the message and not bother to reply at all! Something that really puts me off this site sometimes

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Its not just that, iv had it loads of times myself... Even had people on my friends list read the message and not bother to reply at all! Something that really puts me off this site sometimes"

They maybe had nothing to say back to you after reading the message?

Just because they are "friends" doesn't mean they have to reply, it happens in "normal" life too, if it didn't then you would be having constant back and forward conversations with them and not able to do anything else, a conversation has to end at some point.

over a year ago

if it help's i will send you a private message as you look like a nice couple..

over a year ago

"Its not just that, iv had it loads of times myself... Even had people on my friends list read the message and not bother to reply at all! Something that really puts me off this site sometimes

Just because they are "friends" doesn't mean they have to reply, it happens in "normal" life too, if it didn't then you would be having constant back and forward conversations with them and not able to do anything else, a conversation has to end at some point. "

lol i think im intelligent enough to realise when i send a message that i expect to have a reply from, and when i send a message that doesnt really need a reply... and when i say "expect", i mean i would feel it to be rude if i didnt reply to someone if i recieved that same message.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Its not just that, iv had it loads of times myself... Even had people on my friends list read the message and not bother to reply at all! Something that really puts me off this site sometimes

Just because they are "friends" doesn't mean they have to reply, it happens in "normal" life too, if it didn't then you would be having constant back and forward conversations with them and not able to do anything else, a conversation has to end at some point.

lol i think im intelligent enough to realise when i send a message that i expect to have a reply from, and when i send a message that doesnt really need a reply... and when i say "expect", i mean i would feel it to be rude if i didnt reply to someone if i recieved that same message."

Just goes to show that, no matter how intelligent you are, you should never expect a reply to all your messages, because it seems not everyone thinks the same as you do when they receive the messages

over a year ago

Nope you are wrong, if you read the first post and werent so interested in just being that person who always feels the need to go against what other people say, you would maybe try reading the previous posts and understand them a little better...

If i ask someone a question, yes with a question mark after it, its rude not to reply to it. Fair enough if you dont know that person, they r not interested so just wanna be rude and not reply, but if u read the original post, its about people on ur friends list and if any of my friends that i speak to on a daily basis on facebook or txts didnt reply id tell them about it so they know i felt it was rude, should be no different on here if people r on ur friends list... A day later maybe, cos i know some females n couples use their max messages up or what ever, but to read it n not reply at all is very rude and frustrating for the person who put the time n effort into typing n sending the original message to someone they thought was interested in at least being friends!

over a year ago

.. you have very strong views on this subject. Glad to see you slipped in ' maybe answer a day later' at least that shows you are gracious?

over a year ago

only answer to this is to remove them from your friends list as they obviously arent 'friends' enough with you in the first place and not worthy of being your friend

over a year ago

its totally rubbish too say we dint see the message as most on here are on here daily and we cansee if they opened the message ,so as i do iblock them straight away and delete them from from friends lust

over a year ago

must be nice to have messages

over a year ago

hell you lot are harsh! Give someone the benefit of the doubt, they may have become sidetracked after reading message? just a thought. xxx

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Nope you are wrong, if you read the first post and werent so interested in just being that person who always feels the need to go against what other people say, you would maybe try reading the previous posts and understand them a little better...

"

You follow my posts that closely? Wow, that's scarey!

PS - I wasn't going against what "people say" I was giving the same advice that is always given i.e. if they don't reply then they aren't interested in giving you a reply and no-one should "expect" a reply anyway, even if you use a ? at the end of your message!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

why add you as a friend then ignore you when you send a message if people are not interested then they should not add you to start with

over a year ago

your right there , I got friends on my list I mail and they dont reply tho been going through them and no reply and then their off my list ,,understand it is a pain , on the other hand have friends that wont play with but are great to chat with ,,

over a year ago

We posted some new pics and had the usual amount of fresh interest , we had a friend request from a couple that looked exactly what we were looking for , sent them a message within an hour of the request saying " thanks for request If you'd like to chat or lnow more let us know " etc etc, they read and deleted it , what was the point of sending request in first place ?

over a year ago

"We posted some new pics and had the usual amount of fresh interest , we had a friend request from a couple that looked exactly what we were looking for , sent them a message within an hour of the request saying " thanks for request If you'd like to chat or lnow more let us know " etc etc, they read and deleted it , what was the point of sending request in first place ? "

Thats exactly what has happened to me a few times, not only when i have sent them a friend request, but when people have sent me friend requests aswell... I have never seen the harm in chatting to someone(or a couple) and getting to know them anyway, end up with friends u can say hello to at socials/parties at the least!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/04/11 07:41:48]

By *handyshandyCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

"[Removed by poster at 25/04/11 07:41:48]"

would lurve to know wot fast n furious sed lolol...

ok...so I forget to answer lol dont take on so.....lolol

then shandy comes along and answers...

then i remember to answer and totally contradict wot shandy ses...

then i tell him off

then he sulks...

then i dont have to make his tea or do his washing...so then i got time to answer all my male!!! hmmm ok mail then lol...see life is so simple!!!!

Post new Message to Thread