Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Cardiff taxi strike

Jump to newest

By *he_tourists OP   Couple
over a year ago

bristol

We had a night out in Cardiff planned tomorrow night, but just read on Wales On Line that the taxi's are going on strike for the next two weekends, that's messed our plans up now! Does anyone agree with this at all?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *elsh_lass74Woman
over a year ago

South Wales

Think Cardiff Bus are running a night service. Not sure if it helps you out or not

By *elsh and welsherCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

Only hackney taxis .. 12 till 2 pm

Private hire not striking

Dragon 02920333333. Give them a ring

By *ig bird brightWoman
over a year ago

Swansea

Well I hope there not striking next weekend for the Cardiff social night. If so its going to be a long walk back to wear I am staying

over a year ago

bristol

"Well I hope there not striking next weekend for the Cardiff social night. If so its going to be a long walk back to wear I am staying "
as far as I no, and it doesn't help with it being st George's day, Cardiff will probably be rammed. They no exactly when to hit mind as its bad enough getting a taxi at the best of times xx

over a year ago

bristol

Well tonight we are going to risk the taxi situation, we will let you know how we get on

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Well I hope there not striking next weekend for the Cardiff social night. If so its going to be a long walk back to wear I am staying as far as I no, and it doesn't help with it being st George's day, Cardiff will probably be rammed. They no exactly when to hit mind as its bad enough getting a taxi at the best of times xx"

Am I being really twp here, but why would Cardiff be rammed because of St George's Day?

Has it been moved over the bridge and I didn't notice?

Nothing against the day itself - I've enjoyed it myself. Love watching a bit of Morris dancing.

over a year ago

bristol

"Well I hope there not striking next weekend for the Cardiff social night. If so its going to be a long walk back to wear I am staying as far as I no, and it doesn't help with it being st George's day, Cardiff will probably be rammed. They no exactly when to hit mind as its bad enough getting a taxi at the best of times xx

Am I being really twp here, but why would Cardiff be rammed because of St George's Day?

Nothing against the day itself - I've enjoyed it myself. Love watching a bit of Morris dancing."

We are English and do you realise how many English actually live here in Wales.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm happy to offer my services as a chauffeur tonight...

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Well I hope there not striking next weekend for the Cardiff social night. If so its going to be a long walk back to wear I am staying as far as I no, and it doesn't help with it being st George's day, Cardiff will probably be rammed. They no exactly when to hit mind as its bad enough getting a taxi at the best of times xx

Nothing against the day itself - I've enjoyed it myself. Love watching a bit of Morris dancing. We are English and do you realise how many English actually live here in Wales. "

Yes loads do. Many of them who are good friends of mine.

Not enough to make Cardiff rammed with people wearing St George crosses and Morris Dancing though. Cardiff is hardly rammed with people celebrating St David's Day at night either. Only the Irish do that.

I've been out in Bristol, Leeds and London on SG Day. It has grown a bit in recent years. There were a few pubs with flags out, but no more rammed than a usual Saturday night there, let alone this side of the bridge .

Our patrons saint days in England and Wales aren't really excuses for a piss up and I quite like that. Loads of English live here, but I don't know any that celebrate it at night.

Sadly, I think it's a little risky to do it in Cardiff City centre too.

A very Happy St George's Day for next weekend though .

over a year ago

bristol

Update on last nights taxi situation. At 1 am this morning we waited in the mile long queue for a taxi, and finally got in to a taxi at 2.45, we will not be doing Cardiff again in a hurry

By *pples123456Man
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Update on last nights taxi situation. At 1 am this morning we waited in the mile long queue for a taxi, and finally got in to a taxi at 2.45, we will not be doing Cardiff again in a hurry "

Were did you queue, I left a bar in st marys street at 1.30am got into a taxi no waiting and went to another bar in churchill way where there were loads of taxis all night no queues until 6am this morning ..

Post new Message to Thread