Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

False ages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Don't understand why single guys post on their profile for example that they are 34 then when you say you only look for men under 30 they then inform you their profile is wrong and they are actually 28 guys what's the deal with it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *urvacious_40Woman
over a year ago

Pontypool, South Wales, UK

"Don't understand why single guys post on their profile for example that they are 34 then when you say you only look for men under 30 they then inform you their profile is wrong and they are actually 28 guys what's the deal with it?"
this frustrates me too

over a year ago

We are of the viewpoint if you're going to lie about your age then we would rather not invite you into our home let alone our bedroom. Honesty is a massive thing to us.

By *ontypool 53Man
over a year ago

Abertillery

I totally agree on the honesty although I have been admonished by some on here for being honest about my situation.

Makes no sense to lie about your age as people clearly set parameters for what their looking for and if your not the correct /honest age it's better to accept that than lie and disappoint people.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's not just men: I know women they lie about their ages also. Obviously making themselves younger

over a year ago

"I totally agree on the honesty although I have been admonished by some on here for being honest about my situation.

Makes no sense to lie about your age as people clearly set parameters for what their looking for and if your not the correct /honest age it's better to accept that than lie and disappoint people. "

Honesty is always the best policy. With a database of tens of thousands of members there's always going to be a match for someone. Just be honest!

over a year ago

"It's not just men: I know women they lie about their ages also. Obviously making themselves younger "

We've had a few older ladies passing themselves off as younger too but we find the majority of the time it's usually single guys

By *elshman52Man
over a year ago

North Wales

Being 52, I am forever pissed off when profiles of people I fancy give 50 as maximum age. This seems to beca common cut off point for whatever reason. However, I will not change my age as it is completely unfair to mislead people. Having said that, I can see and understand why some do it though.

over a year ago

I'm an older lady who's happy to embrace my true age & even though 50 is a common cut off it's their loss not mine

over a year ago

53 and proud of it.....

By *ontypool 53Man
over a year ago

Abertillery

48 and proud (and that's the truth) honest x

over a year ago

Ask for ID on meets lol

By *awtynNiceCouple
over a year ago

We have had more issues with the ladies and couples doing this than the lads, but I take your point and it would be easier if people were just honest. X

over a year ago

We see it as "if they're misleading about their age what else are they withholding" it's a trust thing with us. The more honesty we get from people the safer we feel inviting them over

By *awtynNiceCouple
over a year ago

"We see it as "if they're misleading about their age what else are they withholding" it's a trust thing with us. The more honesty we get from people the safer we feel inviting them over "

Totally agree X

over a year ago

Im sure Im 36..but could be wrong. its all a bur after 30

over a year ago

I'm only 21 really, I say 30 to get into everybody's knickers.

Honest

By *i_DoormanMan
over a year ago

Swansea London

I had a message from someone that I know is older than me the other day and they claimed to be 10 years younger than they really are.

over a year ago

"We are of the viewpoint if you're going to lie about your age then we would rather not invite you into our home let alone our bedroom. Honesty is a massive thing to us. "

Totally agree with you what else would they lie about if they lie fron the start

That's what I would think

over a year ago

It's a SWINGING SITE for Adults not a Pick up joint on Tinder OR Pof OR Facebook.!!!

Liars on here with their ages drives me Insane.

I'm 47 & Proud

over a year ago

You get that loads on here, met with a guy who claimed he was 35,only to find out after our meet he was 42! Don't get it, these are the true ungenuine people... If you can't be honest, piss offsky!

over a year ago

These are the kind of people that ruin it for all the genuine single guys out there. Had some awesome chats and amazing meets with genuine single guys. Just a shame that a small minority plant the seed of mistrust against all single guys. The prejudice is real because of them.

over a year ago

It's normally pretty obvious when you meet someone who is older than they claim. As has been said, honesty from the start is best. If you can't trust someone to be truthful about their age, what else are they lying about. And don't get me started on old pics!

By the way, I'm 57 in May, and proud to be still up for it!

over a year ago

I am 48 and judged as too old ....I prefer the older woman myself but even then they want toy boys ..... bloody cougars lol

over a year ago

Wish I was 21 again but can't see the point in telling fibs about age it's only a number

over a year ago

Fake pics piss me off.......should be banned....

By *vrragemaleMan
over a year ago

neath

Im 39

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/04/16 17:30:05]

over a year ago

"Fake pics piss me off.......should be banned...."

Hahaha tash same here totally not good posting fake pics

By *uttytrukerMan
over a year ago

resolven / swindon

i dont see the point in trying to say you are different age to what you are if people dont like it then they not for me anyhow lol

over a year ago

We had a guy join us along with a few other guys at a meet, nobody seemed to know who he was but he had been invited, when we returned home and went through who we had invited this guy was so far removed from his pictures he was unrecognisable. Must have been 20 years older!

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

Fake people full stop piss me off!!

over a year ago

I'm 35 and proud lol but I do look younger

over a year ago

"I'm 35 and proud lol but I do look younger "

Who ever told you that should of gone to Spec Savers

over a year ago

"Don't understand why single guys post on their profile for example that they are 34 then when you say you only look for men under 30 they then inform you their profile is wrong and they are actually 28 guys what's the deal with it?"
yeah tried the fake age didn't work doing my real age now that don't work

over a year ago

"Don't understand why single guys post on their profile for example that they are 34 then when you say you only look for men under 30 they then inform you their profile is wrong and they are actually 28 guys what's the deal with it? yeah tried the fake age didn't work doing my real age now that don't work "

WHY DO IT THOUGH IT'S BEYOND ME!!!!

over a year ago

I'd love to start lying about my age.

over a year ago

"I'd love to start lying about my age.

"

WHY???

over a year ago

Because at 46 I don't fit into the 45 cut off point anymore. A simple porky pie could change that!

Post new Message to Thread