Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Runners

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just curious...any other Welsh runners on here?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple
over a year ago

South East Wales

Yes! Hiiii! Although I (sassy) havent ran at all this year, I won't have any excuses in the next few weeks when I starts to get warmer though. I completed a 10k in November and I plan on training for a half marathon this year- I must be insane. I really hate running, I don't enjoy it at all and it hasn't made me skinny so I don't know why I even bother

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You may have "caught" me posting in the Lounge forum thread

I'm often to be found running around the Bay or through Butte Park

Or around the Clwydians at the weekends

over a year ago

South East Wales

"You may have "caught" me posting in the Lounge forum thread

Or around the Clwydians at the weekends "

May have to start a new running route!

Sassy

over a year ago

Or around the Clwydians at the weekends "

Haha I was waiting for you to pop up If you see a blue haired girl in Bute/Pontcanna fields, wave hello

over a year ago

"Yes! Hiiii! Although I (sassy) havent ran at all this year, I won't have any excuses in the next few weeks when I starts to get warmer though. I completed a 10k in November and I plan on training for a half marathon this year- I must be insane. I really hate running, I don't enjoy it at all and it hasn't made me skinny so I don't know why I even bother "

Awesome, well done! It was my big childhood love...after finally being free of years of back pain I've got back into it so it's my new favourite thing!

over a year ago

"Yes! Hiiii! Although I (sassy) havent ran at all this year, I won't have any excuses in the next few weeks when I starts to get warmer though. I completed a 10k in November and I plan on training for a half marathon this year- I must be insane. I really hate running, I don't enjoy it at all and it hasn't made me skinny so I don't know why I even bother "

I don't know why you hate it

Do you just do the same thing all the time or mix it up a little ?

Have you tried any running plans where you do intervals or progression runs ?

If you don't mix it up your muscles will become conditioned into one style, so you've got to change things up a bit

over a year ago

Haha I was waiting for you to pop up If you see a blue haired girl in Bute/Pontcanna fields, wave hello "

(wave)

over a year ago

South East Wales

I'm just really lazy, which is why I hate it. For a long time I never got that rush of endorphins, but it eventually came and now I am always happy once I'm done, but it just isn't something I find enjoyable. But I know I need to be fit and I need to lose weight and is doesn't cost me anything so I make myself do it. I live somewhere with lovely, scenic places to run so it is never boring and I mix up the routes- I still would rather sit on the sofa with a dominos pizza and a glass of wine though turns out, I'm also a greedy wench as well as lazy!

over a year ago

Haha I was waiting for you to pop up If you see a blue haired girl in Bute/Pontcanna fields, wave hello

(wave) "

*mental note to look out for the guy with a nice butt lurking behind the bushes*

over a year ago

Had a cheeky run around the Bay tonight

A bit windy though

And no bushes

By *igger50Man
over a year ago

aberdare

I run four times a week and love biking too , I run in the St David's day 10k in Cardiff last Sunday , very nice run too

over a year ago

"I run four times a week and love biking too , I run in the St David's day 10k in Cardiff last Sunday , very nice run too"

Awesome, I did the 5k Found it really easy though so gonna start training for a 10k to push myself a bit! Great atmosphere there!

By *heep2405Man
over a year ago

Newport

Yes but I hate it. I do OCR's which normally start with a 5k.

over a year ago

"Yes but I hate it. I do OCR's which normally start with a 5k. "

Curious but why do you hate it?

over a year ago

"Yes but I hate it. I do OCR's which normally start with a 5k.

Curious but why do you hate it?"

That's something I don't get

Why do something you don't enjoy ?

I found it quite tough going at first, keeping myself motivated, but it's become second nature to me now and I just love getting out there

over a year ago

Not Welsh, but not far away. Planning on doing a few half marathons this year, and a full one. Get most enjoyment running out in the countryside.

All Knees permitting

over a year ago

Both keen runners here. Both do a lot of 10k, half, and marathons. We are both doing the World half in Cardiff in a few weeks!

By *STAXxMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I found it quite tough going at first, keeping myself motivated, but it's become second nature to me now and I just love getting out there "

I run but if I'm honest I also hate it

But it's something I must do to keep the chubb at bay!

But different strokes for different folks as I actually enjoy lifting weights but I bet half the runners would rather watch paint dry than lift weights

By *cMuFfIn_ItMan
over a year ago

Cwmcarn

"Just curious...any other Welsh runners on here? "

I'm a fellow Welsh runner although I'm from Newport I'm still Welsh as many of you bluebirds say Newport is just as much English haha

over a year ago

I'm run daily and a regular Parkrunner. Mostly happy doing 10k events but am considering full marathon in the next 12 mths. Any tips appreciated. I'm also a mad keen mtb-er and hit the South Wales trails at least twice a week.

By *oungGun6Man
over a year ago

Pontypridd

If your running to fight the flab and not because you enjoy it, your better off swimming.

Swimming is a great fat burner and will tone most muscle groups.

By *heep2405Man
over a year ago

Newport

I found it quite tough going at first, keeping myself motivated, but it's become second nature to me now and I just love getting out there

But different strokes for different folks as I actually enjoy lifting weights but I bet half the runners would rather watch paint dry than lift weights"

I just struggle with the breathing, I know it sounds stupid but can't co ordinate it properly.

over a year ago

Maybe we should set up a Fab running group haha!

over a year ago

But different strokes for different folks as I actually enjoy lifting weights but I bet half the runners would rather watch paint dry than lift weights

I just struggle with the breathing, I know it sounds stupid but can't co ordinate it properly. "

It's when you stop breathing that you know you've got problems

over a year ago

Have been running for years and enjoyed some great events with the highlight being the London Marathon. Currently on a break from long distance as it takes it toll on your body with injuries so gym 5 days a week for now. Will be back competing in September and get ready for the cross country league. If your a keen runner I would advise joining a local club as the benefits are amazing. I use to run a local running club and loved it but gets in the way when your trying to train yourself. Any tips though feel free to send me a message. Happy for social messages not just about shagging lol

over a year ago

"Have been running for years and enjoyed some great events with the highlight being the London Marathon. Currently on a break from long distance as it takes it toll on your body with injuries so gym 5 days a week for now. Will be back competing in September and get ready for the cross country league. If your a keen runner I would advise joining a local club as the benefits are amazing. I use to run a local running club and loved it but gets in the way when your trying to train yourself. Any tips though feel free to send me a message. Happy for social messages not just about shagging lol "

I'd love to do Park Run but work nights so no good for me. Will look up evening clubs

over a year ago

Yeah there are plenty in the Cardiff area. San Dom being the stand out one. Let me know if you join,look forward to racing you! Hope you can keep up lol

over a year ago

"Yeah there are plenty in the Cardiff area. San Dom being the stand out one. Let me know if you join,look forward to racing you! Hope you can keep up lol "

Ooof, challenge accepted

over a year ago

I will hold you too that!!

over a year ago

Any one coining the waat4 in Brecon

over a year ago