Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Respect .

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is respect and good manners missing from interactions on fab?

I have had some interactions today which have left a sour taste in my mouth with some responses which seemed to be missing plain manners or respect.

Don't you think it would be a better place to be if we all have each other a little more Respect and took the time and trouble to be courteous?

Your thoughts?

D

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Expect the unexpected on here, you can only control what you do and if you think you have been well mannered that's okay.

over a year ago

"Expect the unexpected on here, you can only control what you do and if you think you have been well mannered that's okay."

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

When you put "yourself" on the internet, you have to expect a range of responses, depending on the information you provide, and the experience, preferences and expectations of others.

over a year ago

Ask yourself the question what it would be like in everyday situations ?

Do you think people will always be respectful in any interaction ?

No matter where you go you will always find this, and it's no different here in Fabland.

Just be grateful that you've found out about these people's personalities before you actually met them

By *aidinwalesWoman
over a year ago

Rainbows End

Fab has changed a lot in the time I have been on here, unfortunately not all for the better. Gone are the days when verifications were a flag of a genuine swinger who was reliable there are some people who now see them as some kind of ownership tag but that's there own insecurity coming through and an indication of what they are hoping for in here. Others especially single guys (and I'm not a single guy basher ) see it as a free prostitution service and their messages make no secret of the fact. There are women who use fab as a way of supplementing their income which to me is sad. Swinging used to be a respectful and courteous activity and too many genuine people are being put off because of the influx of people who are not genuine swingers. Keep your standards high and walk away from those who don't meet them and you will out the people who don't matter in this.

By *aidinwalesWoman
over a year ago

Rainbows End

"Fab has changed a lot in the time I have been on here, unfortunately not all for the better. Gone are the days when verifications were a flag of a genuine swinger who was reliable there are some people who now see them as some kind of ownership tag but that's there own insecurity coming through and an indication of what they are hoping for in here. Others especially single guys (and I'm not a single guy basher ) see it as a free prostitution service and their messages make no secret of the fact. There are women who use fab as a way of supplementing their income which to me is sad. Swinging used to be a respectful and courteous activity and too many genuine people are being put off because of the influx of people who are not genuine swingers. Keep your standards high and walk away from those who don't meet them and you will out the people who don't matter in this. "

I omitted to add more than one verification from the same person !

over a year ago

"Fab has changed a lot in the time I have been on here, unfortunately not all for the better. Gone are the days when verifications were a flag of a genuine swinger who was reliable there are some people who now see them as some kind of ownership tag but that's there own insecurity coming through and an indication of what they are hoping for in here. Others especially single guys (and I'm not a single guy basher ) see it as a free prostitution service and their messages make no secret of the fact. There are women who use fab as a way of supplementing their income which to me is sad. Swinging used to be a respectful and courteous activity and too many genuine people are being put off because of the influx of people who are not genuine swingers. Keep your standards high and walk away from those who don't meet them and you will out the people who don't matter in this. "

Well said maid xx

over a year ago

Awesome! This is just the response I wanted to elicit. It is a shame those days are gone and we must all do what we can to try to revive these standards

over a year ago

"Fab has changed a lot in the time I have been on here, unfortunately not all for the better. Gone are the days when verifications were a flag of a genuine swinger who was reliable there are some people who now see them as some kind of ownership tag but that's there own insecurity coming through and an indication of what they are hoping for in here. Others especially single guys (and I'm not a single guy basher ) see it as a free prostitution service and their messages make no secret of the fact. There are women who use fab as a way of supplementing their income which to me is sad. Swinging used to be a respectful and courteous activity and too many genuine people are being put off because of the influx of people who are not genuine swingers. Keep your standards high and walk away from those who don't meet them and you will out the people who don't matter in this.

Awesome! This is just the response I wanted to elicit. It is a shame those days are gone and we must all do what we can to try to revive these standards

"

Clubs and partys are the way forward as your not let down then

over a year ago

"Fab has changed a lot in the time I have been on here, unfortunately not all for the better. Gone are the days when verifications were a flag of a genuine swinger who was reliable there are some people who now see them as some kind of ownership tag but that's there own insecurity coming through and an indication of what they are hoping for in here. Others especially single guys (and I'm not a single guy basher ) see it as a free prostitution service and their messages make no secret of the fact. There are women who use fab as a way of supplementing their income which to me is sad. Swinging used to be a respectful and courteous activity and too many genuine people are being put off because of the influx of people who are not genuine swingers. Keep your standards high and walk away from those who don't meet them and you will out the people who don't matter in this.

Clubs and partys are the way forward as your not let down then "

Really????

over a year ago

Clubs and partys are the way forward as your not let down then "

Gigs you make it sound as though "play" is guaranteed for everyone

over a year ago

Clubs and partys are the way forward as your not let down then

Really???? "

I ment in people turn up lol... -D

over a year ago

Well said maid xx"

over a year ago

Although I agree in principle that things have changed I don't, wholly agree with the list of wrongs, it's far too sweeping. I also disagree that clubs n parties are the way forward for all of us, I don't always feel able to play in a club or a party, the m to f ratios are sometimes a bit threatening for me. I like the 1:1 meets & they're my preference, but Maid is right in that men, lately seem to see us all as prostitutes, just sat here ready to be fucked at a moments notice & they get very arsey when you express a preference & a need to fancy the person you're fucking. At the end of the day we each have to find our own way forward in this ever changing scene & our way, the one that suits us, may not suit others x

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

"Although I agree in principle that things have changed I don't, wholly agree with the list of wrongs, it's far too sweeping. I also disagree that clubs n parties are the way forward for all of us, I don't always feel able to play in a club or a party, the m to f ratios are sometimes a bit threatening for me. I like the 1:1 meets & they're my preference, but Maid is right in that men, lately seem to see us all as prostitutes, just sat here ready to be fucked at a moments notice & they get very arsey when you express a preference & a need to fancy the person you're fucking. At the end of the day we each have to find our own way forward in this ever changing scene & our way, the one that suits us, may not suit others x"

over a year ago

"Although I agree in principle that things have changed I don't, wholly agree with the list of wrongs, it's far too sweeping. I also disagree that clubs n parties are the way forward for all of us, I don't always feel able to play in a club or a party, the m to f ratios are sometimes a bit threatening for me. I like the 1:1 meets & they're my preference, but Maid is right in that men, lately seem to see us all as prostitutes, just sat here ready to be fucked at a moments notice & they get very arsey when you express a preference & a need to fancy the person you're fucking. At the end of the day we each have to find our own way forward in this ever changing scene & our way, the one that suits us, may not suit others x"

Well Said Peachy!

I guess the answer is to play how you feel comfortable and treat people with the respect you expect to be treated with.

If someone is not respectful in communicating - then perhaps they just aren't worth your time.

I prefer friends to, as you eloquently put it, "prostitutes, just sat here ready to be fucked at a moments notice".

It is good to see the wide range of comments coming through though

over a year ago

Thankfully there is a block button for the "fancy a fuck I'm free now" brigade!

over a year ago

I'm always respectful to people if they are respectful to me. I guess it's down to each individual and of course their reasons for lack of respect

By *aidinwalesWoman
over a year ago

Rainbows End

I don't think I added a list of 'wrongs' to be honest I just used a few examples as to the reasons I believe and perceive fab has changed. If I started on my preferred list of 'wrongs' I'd be here all day!

over a year ago

Totally agree but as a single guy can I just say that I don't expect a free service, I'm happy to also provide cake, chocolate, wine and if I'm in a good mood I'm happy to also make cocktails.

over a year ago

"Although I agree in principle that things have changed I don't, wholly agree with the list of wrongs, it's far too sweeping. I also disagree that clubs n parties are the way forward for all of us, I don't always feel able to play in a club or a party, the m to f ratios are sometimes a bit threatening for me. I like the 1:1 meets & they're my preference, but Maid is right in that men, lately seem to see us all as prostitutes, just sat here ready to be fucked at a moments notice & they get very arsey when you express a preference & a need to fancy the person you're fucking. At the end of the day we each have to find our own way forward in this ever changing scene & our way, the one that suits us, may not suit others x

I don't think I added a list of 'wrongs' to be honest I just used a few examples as to the reasons I believe and perceive fab has changed. If I started on my preferred list of 'wrongs' I'd be here all day! "

My apologies 'examples', the rest of my sentence applies x

By *ubicinchMan
over a year ago

Gwynedd

I'd see it as a lucky escape. Just don't let it get to you and move on to spend your time with someone who's more worthy.

over a year ago

Totally agree but as a single guy can I just say that I don't expect a free service, I'm happy to also provide cake, chocolate, wine and if I'm in a good mood I'm happy to also make cocktails. "

No cider?? Useless !!

over a year ago

Totally agree but as a single guy can I just say that I don't expect a free service, I'm happy to also provide cake, chocolate, wine and if I'm in a good mood I'm happy to also make cocktails.

No cider?? Useless !! "

Apples/grapes - just no fecking pleasing some people

over a year ago

"

I've realized that for us, single men, it's quite complicated to start because of this.

I like to read the whole profile and not copy/paste messages, for example; but I'm open to suggestions to probe that although I'm quite newbie, I'm honest and respectful.

I think that the genuine verification it's the best tool ever to avoid time wasters, but how could some single guy have one if no girl/couple trust him?

I think it's not only respect, it's also about trust, and trust someone online sometimes can be difficult without a previous chat.

over a year ago

"Thankfully there is a block button for the "fancy a fuck I'm free now" brigade! "

over a year ago

""I have had some interactions today which have left a sour taste in my mouth''

Sour taste in mouth ? Thought you were straight ??? pmsl xxx

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Is respect and good manners missing from interactions on fab?

I have had some interactions today which have left a sour taste in my mouth with some responses which seemed to be missing plain manners or respect.

Don't you think it would be a better place to be if we all have each other a little more Respect and took the time and trouble to be courteous?

Your thoughts?

D "

Nuh

Post new Message to Thread