Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Skint

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, what's your opinion on it? Do you think it really represents the reality of the valleys, or do you think they've missed the mark?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *_PlayMan
over a year ago

cardiff

It's different from the 1 that's for sure. I havnt watched them all

They sure missed the best parts of merthyr but it's based on the title skint!! It's abit down grading but that's life I suppose

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

well i like merthyr. I worked there for a while think its grand place xx

over a year ago

I dont think its all doom and gloom that the show portrays I do believe once your in the valleys it can be difficult to move away from unfortunately theres barely any jobs so alot of people from the valleys have to travel great distance for work but theres tight community everyone looks after everyone and you cant beat that I think the government needs to invest in areas like Merthyr for better job opportunities so people can better themselves x

By *ilthyfucks69Couple
over a year ago

Neverland

Knew it would be bad from the start the series in Grimsby wasn't flattering either x

over a year ago

"I dont think its all doom and gloom that the show portrays I do believe once your in the valleys it can be difficult to move away from unfortunately theres barely any jobs so alot of people from the valleys have to travel great distance for work but theres tight community everyone looks after everyone and you cant beat that I think the government needs to invest in areas like Merthyr for better job opportunities so people can better themselves x"

Well said blondie. Couldn't have put it any better. X

over a year ago

the tattoo artist who was on the programme Jamie did my ankle tattoo xxx

over a year ago

What channel was this on???

over a year ago

Channel 4 gigs x

By *attler69Man
over a year ago

Caerphilly Cardiff Merthyr Tydfil

I watched about 10 minutes and turned it off, I grew up there, I love the place but this programme has painted an awful picture of it. Yes there is a lot of drug abuse there, yes a lot of unemployment but I think you'll find that anywhere in.the UK..someone I know was asked to do the voiceover for the programme but turned it down because of the way it portrayed the town..well done channel four

over a year ago

It is just entertainment. It is more of a parody than a documentary. I think it's hilarious as I take it with a pinch of salt

over a year ago

Also dont know if you know but it not just wales theyve done a skint series about last series was set in london

over a year ago

"Also dont know if you know but it not just wales theyve done a skint series about last series was set in london "

It was set in Scunthorpe but the point is still a valid one. They are not just picking on Merthyr, it is just a reality show

People undoubtedly play up to the camera and it is funny at times

over a year ago

I left there in 98 and joined forces three years ago bought house not far from there cos it's where I'm from and love it

But it makes us look so bad

over a year ago

I lived in Scotland for 4 years. There's a place you can mock from the outside - until you've lived with them and seen the good. Valleys are the same except we don't mock back! Change that and ask em if they are from Englandshire, know their neighbours, get free treatment etc.:P

Post new Message to Thread