Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

recognised out and about

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all, I used to have all my face photos showing on my profile until I two people pop up in quick succession saying they recognised me from near my work.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have but I have recognised others but they have looked at me and not been able to place me. One was a client and his wife who came into my work.

over a year ago

Most days....

I then hid my face pics. .but..with bright red hair and tattoos everywhere what's the point..even when my face pics where private ppl would recognise my arm..

Recently nearly every day someone has recognised me. .Some have been respectful and messaged on here and said ah was that you outside the bank just now etc others have disrespected my privacy and come up to me..even if I'm with ppl...

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I have but I have recognised others but they have looked at me and not been able to place me. One was a client and his wife who came into my work."

Meeting at work must be awkward, one of the people that ID'd me rattled off where I work and was saying I'd bring "disrepute" to the firm.

Only if they're looking on fab though I guess

over a year ago

Half of my department are on here. I found that out when I clicked on a picture and realised it was one of the managers in all his glory

I had to look twice to make sure ha ha. They'd already seen me I just laughed it off.

over a year ago

"Half of my department are on here. I found that out when I clicked on a picture and realised it was one of the managers in all his glory

I had to look twice to make sure ha ha. They'd already seen me I just laughed it off. "

Did u get with manager then tho

over a year ago

I haven't got any clear face photos publicly visible - but I still had a complete stranger approach me (nicely!) when I was on hoilday, 200 miles from home, and say "Are you Annievixen from Fab?"

You just never know who's looking at you and wondering.....!

By *ager_jdCouple
over a year ago

bridgend

Nope not been recognised which is surprising as I (lager) work in a large building in Bridgend

over a year ago

Yeah I've had it, fab is well known thesedays, different years ago when is was a little more "underground" so to speak.

If you put up public face pics on here you've just given away your privacy, can't really complain then if someone approaches you in my opinion.

over a year ago

With my job I work with the public I've seen a few people off here I never say anything and expect the same in return but if they want to talk best done on here

over a year ago

Some people have common sense..decency and respect privacy and know it's not really acceptable to approach ppl in a public place to say "oi your off fab ain't you"...others lack social skills...I get it...I don't complain. ..

Even my feet are tattooed so even If I had just a pic of my foot up lol it could get recognised. .with bright red hair and a sleeve im like a walking "here its me" sign

Pointless whinging .. but use your noggins ....when ppl are out with family etc it's hardly going to be welcomed is it...

over a year ago

All face pics are private but you could probably recognise me from my tattoos. I'm having too much fun these days to care!

over a year ago

"Some people have common sense..decency and respect privacy and know it's not really acceptable to approach ppl in a public place to say "oi your off fab ain't you"...others lack social skills...I get it...I don't complain. ..

Even my feet are tattooed so even If I had just a pic of my foot up lol it could get recognised. .with bright red hair and a sleeve im like a walking "here its me" sign

Pointless whinging .. but use your noggins ....when ppl are out with family etc it's hardly going to be welcomed is it... "

I agree with you

over a year ago

yes I ve been recognised outside the bank and in supermarkets - they ve messaged on here saying I ve just seen you lol x

over a year ago

"All face pics are private but you could probably recognise me from my tattoos. I'm having too much fun these days to care!

"

This ^^^

Life is for living . past worrying

over a year ago

"yes I ve been recognised outside the bank and in supermarkets - they ve messaged on here saying I ve just seen you lol x"

I've seen you out lol

over a year ago

u live in Swansea lol ?

over a year ago

Don't shit where you eat

over a year ago

"Don't shit where you eat "

exactly Hun xxx

over a year ago

"All face pics are private but you could probably recognise me from my tattoos. I'm having too much fun these days to care!

This ^^^

Life is for living . past worrying"

over a year ago

Don't think anyone has recognised me out and about as I'd be sober lol

over a year ago

Ive been recognised a few times due to my job but thankfully everyone's been sensible enough and exercised a bit of discretion thankfully but still frightens the crap out of you lol

over a year ago

I've seen loads of you out...

Newport social

over a year ago

I don't tend to put public pics up due to job but happy to send private ones. The thing is there are a few idiots out there who can set up fake profiles ie facebook etc and could messsage young kids with your profile pic! So personally I find it dangerous but that's just me I am a careful person. In my opinion the new delete your pic after I've sent it is a great addition to the site.

over a year ago

Well bloody hell I didn't know it did that! X

over a year ago

"Well bloody hell I didn't know it did that! X"

Yeh it's fairly new I think? It's good cos once uve seen they have opened and read message you can then delete it so it's not available to them again! Watch il send u one now!!

over a year ago

"I've seen loads of you out...

Newport social "

I particularly like our chats in the cinema or the Chinese when we have our kids with us lol

over a year ago

"Half of my department are on here. I found that out when I clicked on a picture and realised it was one of the managers in all his glory

I had to look twice to make sure ha ha. They'd already seen me I just laughed it off. "

Any jobs going in your place...?...lol...

over a year ago

"I don't tend to put public pics up due to job but happy to send private ones. The thing is there are a few idiots out there who can set up fake profiles ie facebook etc and could messsage young kids with your profile pic! So personally I find it dangerous but that's just me I am a careful person. In my opinion the new delete your pic after I've sent it is a great addition to the site. "

some sad git done that to me good job my family know I,m on here .

By *walesmufferMan
over a year ago

caernarfon

"I haven't got any clear face photos publicly visible - but I still had a complete stranger approach me (nicely!) when I was on hoilday, 200 miles from home, and say "Are you Annievixen from Fab?"

You just never know who's looking at you and wondering.....!

Hi Annie Mark from Caernarfon saying hello and Hi.

"

over a year ago

"I don't tend to put public pics up due to job but happy to send private ones. The thing is there are a few idiots out there who can set up fake profiles ie facebook etc and could messsage young kids with your profile pic! So personally I find it dangerous but that's just me I am a careful person. In my opinion the new delete your pic after I've sent it is a great addition to the site.

some sad git done that to me good job my family know I,m on here ."

Idiots some people

over a year ago

I had to look twice to make sure ha ha. They'd already seen me I just laughed it off.

Any jobs going in your place...?...lol... "

ha I'll let you know

over a year ago

Nothing worse than being on a date and someone comes up to u and says I know u from somewhere and you recognise them from fab lol

By *ilthyfucks69Couple
over a year ago

Neverland

I got recognised in my local halfords garage but didnt mind as he was very discreet x

over a year ago

Someone came in to my shop for tattoo few weeks ago that I've seen on here lol

over a year ago

Any jobs going in your place...?...lol...

ha I'll let you know "

I'd love to meet you by the photocopier...or in the stationary cupboard...or be the last two people in the office...

By *arren e treggidenMan
over a year ago

pembroke dock wales

"Hi all, I used to have all my face photos showing on my profile until I two people pop up in quick succession saying they recognised me from near my work.

Has anyone else experienced this? "

all the time does it matter on the dark side fet meet people all over as on here as long as its discreet there in the same boat as you and me and if there's nothing to hide why worry

By *arren e treggidenMan
over a year ago

pembroke dock wales

i get seen all over high profile job no secrets nothing to hide drive an ambulance pics were pinched once someone tried to cause grief so took all my pics off to protect others changed my profile had to of been a friend who cone it as to the pic im not worried so have few pics still love this life

over a year ago

"Ive been recognised a few times due to my job but thankfully everyone's been sensible enough and exercised a bit of discretion thankfully but still frightens the crap out of you lol"

Yes I did lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/04/15 16:03:04]

over a year ago

"Ive been recognised a few times due to my job but thankfully everyone's been sensible enough and exercised a bit of discretion thankfully but still frightens the crap out of you lol

Yes I did lol

"

I think it took us both by surprise lol

over a year ago

"Don't think anyone has recognised me out and about as I'd be sober lol"

We seen ya in your home town lol

Watched you walking in the street

Didn't come up to you because fab is fab private life is private life

over a year ago

"Don't think anyone has recognised me out and about as I'd be sober lol

Didn't come up to you because fab is fab private life is private life "

You can always say hi to me

over a year ago

You can always say hi to me"

We know that now

over a year ago

You can always say hi to me

We know that now "

over a year ago

Don't think I've ever been noticed since moving back to Wales but when I was living in Kidderminster I used to get noticed all the time!

I don't think hunky been noticed, he'd get rather embarrassed lol xx

Sexy xx

By *iffidusMan
over a year ago

newport

I was recognised once but that was enough got two years cos of that poxy crimewatch programme.

over a year ago

"I was recognised once but that was enough got two years cos of that poxy crimewatch programme. "

Is there a reward?

By *iffidusMan
over a year ago

newport

"I was recognised once but that was enough got two years cos of that poxy crimewatch programme.

Is there a reward? "

Im out now and I'm never going back. I made friends with a black fella. He got me a little hammer and I tunnelled out behind a poster of brotherhood of man. Happy days

over a year ago

"I was recognised once but that was enough got two years cos of that poxy crimewatch programme.

Is there a reward?

Im out now and I'm never going back. I made friends with a black fella. He got me a little hammer and I tunnelled out behind a poster of brotherhood of man. Happy days "

Not the one with the 7 year old veri? It'll only end in tears

By *iffidusMan
over a year ago

newport

Is there a reward?

Im out now and I'm never going back. I made friends with a black fella. He got me a little hammer and I tunnelled out behind a poster of brotherhood of man. Happy days

Not the one with the 7 year old veri? It'll only end in tears "

We've had this discussion. If nawty says he real then that's good enough for me lol

over a year ago

Is there a reward?

Not the one with the 7 year old veri? It'll only end in tears

We've had this discussion. If nawty says he real then that's good enough for me lol "

I wouldn't dare disagree

Post new Message to Thread