Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

seious warning READ THIS

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have been in the chat room and discovered that all the pictures that you have in your profile can simply be right button on your mouse and copy, you can then do what you want with it. I copied a picture and pasted into a word document on my local drive to prove it. I for one will be removing my pictures and I question the security of this whole site now..... BE WARNED

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yep i suggest you keep most of yr pics on private and only send em to ppl you actually know. Its frightening any profile can be opened up and false pics used as well

over a year ago

Thanks for the warning hun x

over a year ago

Makes no odds at all. If someone wants your pictures they can just be screenshot anyways?

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"I have been in the chat room and discovered that all the pictures that you have in your profile can simply be right button on your mouse and copy, you can then do what you want with it. I copied a picture and pasted into a word document on my local drive to prove it. I for one will be removing my pictures and I question the security of this whole site now..... BE WARNED "

There is only one sure way to make sure no-one gets to see any pics... don't put any on the internet.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

There was a big scare a couple of years ago where a facebook swing group suddenly had a section where hundreds of full face pics from fem profiles on here were posted.

People say I'm paranoid about security, but they got short memories!

over a year ago

People can do worse than copy and paste your pics, they can copy and paste your whole profile.....

over a year ago

Even your friends only pics??

over a year ago

Well if they're on your friends list then I suppose they could

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Even your friends only pics??"

Only if they are friends obvs, but yes

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Well if they're on your friends list then I suppose they could"

This is why we treat every new profile as a potential fake until they prove otherwise.

over a year ago

Ffs jade where's all of your pics, I got an urge to right click

over a year ago

I thought he meant all pics UNLESS they were private!!! And I panicked!!!! I've got no secretes but I don't want pics of my foof being bandied about !!!! I'll change them all now xx

over a year ago

Hahahaha, didn't realise you had foof pics on there, I must send u a friend invite

over a year ago

"There was a big scare a couple of years ago where a facebook swing group suddenly had a section where hundreds of full face pics from fem profiles on here were posted.

People say I'm paranoid about security, but they got short memories! "

I (steph) was one of those that had face pics posted on fb. They were private pics, not friend only or public. I'm convinced it was someone id exchanged pics with and then said no to meeting. I chatted to others it had happened to at the time and they said the same thing. It wasn't just single fems but couples too. At the end of the day even sending private pics after a initial conversation means they can be used at will. Nothing you put on the Internet is safe it's not the site or anyone's elses fault. It's just the way it is.

I knew when I sent the pics that were used they could he copy and pasted and it was my choice to send them and to be on fab.

Its common sense and scaremongering won't help although I'm kind of hoping it will scare off those who think this is a free fuck site and too scared to share any pics and let those that genuinely enjoy swinging get on with it and enjoy.

over a year ago

You just found out you can copy and paste a pic. Omg where have you been for the last 10 years ??

By *arren e treggidenMan
over a year ago

pembroke dock wales

hence the reason i left the site one of my so called friends sent private pics to all my employers and the police luckily i am open to what i do discreet on who with and my employers just laughed it of the police came round and said someone has it in for you and just laughed but its not the point people put stuff on here private and it should remain so i am friends with a guy who copies and pastes onto his computer all his female friends pics so he can perve at his leisure and has done so since hes been on fab and other sites my advice is if you dont want it broadcast dont put it on the web be safe all

By *abes in the woodWoman
over a year ago

wales

I had been film last yr on cam where someone use their phone decided to post it to my friends family of their phone to facebook but found out they had to know my friends family to send to using falst name found out it was my sister

over a year ago

Umm... The right click and save image thing isn't exactly new. But what I actually noticed (you might have realise that too) is that a pic you send/sent in an email doesn't have that "profile link/certification that states who owns it, etc). This is also the same for your pics on your profile when not viewed in the large/supporter way...zoomed in...

This means that someone else one here could actually be using your pics on their profile... And in some cases, that person could actually be verified.

over a year ago

Yes, i was unfortunate to find myself on fb under Cardiff dogging site a couple of years ago...

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"I have been in the chat room and discovered that all the pictures that you have in your profile can simply be right button on your mouse and copy, ........... I question the security of this whole site now..... BE WARNED "

Not quite sure what you are trying to say. I thought it was pretty obvious that anything put on the internet is in the public domain. What security did you think was on the site? If your photo is on a website it can be copied; end of story.

over a year ago

Post new Message to Thread