Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

party thoughts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We have been thinking of having a small party at home because we'd like to meet couple of similar ages. We not really interested in meeting couples who have had loads of verifications because we would prefer them to be a casual like us.

So my question is, how would you go about arranging and inviting couples for a party like this?

Dragonsauce x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you put it up as a meet listing & post an update that it's up you can then go through the responses & pick who you'd like to attend. The meet listing box only allows a set number of characters so it's not very good for saying all you'd prefer from an attendee. You could also put something at the top of your profile. Happy partying x

over a year ago

Thanks peachy, just looking for ideas really, Thought about looking through profiles etc but it comes down to who would be interested really. I wouldn't feel it would be appropriate to just message people out of the blue. Perhaps I need to be proactive.

Drs XXX

over a year ago

You won't be short of interest once you post it, then it's a matter of choosing your guest list. Maybe speak to others on here who've had lots of parties x

over a year ago

We will give the meet post a try, let you know how it goes

Drs XXX

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Actually, I dont think getting a mail out of the blue with an invite to a party is a bad thing.

We have had it couple of times,and had some great fun.

It's your party, you are perfectly entitled to choose your guest list, at least that way you can be sure that the people you meet will fit what you are looking for, after all, you don't want a living room full of people you don't intend playing with do you lol?

One thing we have picked up on from others who have had parties, the final guest list should be bigger than you want... quite a few will drop out last minute.

over a year ago

"Actually, I dont think getting a mail out of the blue with an invite to a party is a bad thing.

It's your party, you are perfectly entitled to choose your guest list, at least that way you can be sure that the people you meet will fit what you are looking for, after all, you don't want a living room full of people you don't intend playing with do you lol?

One thing we have picked up on from others who have had parties, the final guest list should be bigger than you want... quite a few will drop out last minute. "

thanks both. Still find it hard to say no sorry. I'll take your advice

Drs x

over a year ago

"Actually, I dont think getting a mail out of the blue with an invite to a party is a bad thing.

One thing we have picked up on from others who have had parties, the final guest list should be bigger than you want... quite a few will drop out last minute. "

As a good rule of thumb invite 50 to get 25 turn up. we have parties all the time . Our friend used to hold partys she would invite 70 and get 20 turn up.

and nearly all who dont turn up have "hate timewasters" on their profiles.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/03/14 15:16:06]

Post new Message to Thread