Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Blocked.....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Been blocked today after receiving a nice message asking us to meet a cple but just play with the wife while hubby watched. Answered the message very politely and truthfully saying we only play when both sets of cples are fully involved ...... Message was read and we were instantly blocked is this normal behaviour......

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, if a couple, male or female are not interested in meeting me or vice versa I block to prevent any further messages or winks, it prevents future confusion. We all run our profiles differently X

By *ark CharmerMan
over a year ago

Horsham

Yeah some people do that rather than use the "Private Notes".

I simply click on Private notes and put a message that stays on the profile for my eyes only so I don't contact people again.

If only you knew what I put on your Private notes, mmmmmmmmm.

over a year ago

Yes it's better to block it saves pissing anyone off in the future

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/02/14 20:03:27]

over a year ago

Makes more sense now thank you I thought it was just used if you'd pissed somebody off

over a year ago

"Makes more sense now thank you I thought it was just used if you'd pissed somebody off "

lots of ppl block saves the embarrassment of them repeating messages etc.,

over a year ago

"Yeah some people do that rather than use the "Private Notes".

I simply click on Private notes and put a message that stays on the profile for my eyes only so I don't contact people again.

If only you knew what I put on your Private notes, mmmmmmmmm.

Surutu you can write whatever you like gorg "

over a year ago

"Makes more sense now thank you I thought it was just used if you'd pissed somebody off "

Add to that if you're using mobile site, which is only way I access the site, private notes isn't an option (not that I have found anyhow) so blocking would be the best way not to message that person again and be seen as annoying and persistent x

over a year ago

I block because I can if I wanted to inform the person/ persons why, I wouldn't have blocked them in the first place.

if this was from a single guy it would have been because they can get over it

some people deserve blocking and best not talking to and some people do you a favour of blocking you.

over a year ago

" I block because I can if I wanted to inform the person/ persons why, I wouldn't have blocked them in the first place.

if this was from a single guy it would have been because they can get over it

some people deserve blocking and best not talking to and some people do you a favour of blocking you.

"

Lmfao.......We consider ourselves well and truly told Prof. If you read the post, we aren't looking for an explanation of the couple, it was a straight forward question in an open forum to see if anyone else had experienced the same. We certainly have no need to 'get over it' as you so eloquently put it, we're the first to realise everyone likes different things, that's what makes 'Fab', fab x

over a year ago

Okay let me re-read your question.

Message was read and we were instantly blocked is this normal behaviour......

For some people yes.

Now if we refer to my reply:

If this was from a single guy it would have been “because they can get over it” I should have put the quotation marks in so my apologies if it was read wrong.

I still stand by my comment there have been loads of single guys whinging because they sent several “nice mails” only to be blocked.

People block for a number of reasons and they are entitled to, if the tables were turned would you expect the couple or single guy to post in a public forum asking if it was normal?

By *anSusieCouple
over a year ago

Midlothian

Understand your surprise: as it's been a FRIENDLY exchange of msg you likely expected a 'no probs guys Happy Swinging' msg back(it's what we would had done) before they block you if @ all.

(susie)

over a year ago

nothin new I get blocked all the time send a nice message nothing dirty or horrible just a hello even put on end if you're not interested please let me no then just get blocked

over a year ago

"Okay let me re-read your question.

Message was read and we were instantly blocked is this normal behaviour......

For some people yes.

Now if we refer to my reply:

If this was from a single guy it would have been “because they can get over it” I should have put the quotation marks in so my apologies if it was read wrong.

I still stand by my comment there have been loads of single guys whinging because they sent several “nice mails” only to be blocked.

People block for a number of reasons and they are entitled to, if the tables were turned would you expect the couple or single guy to post in a public forum asking if it was normal?

"

don't want to get into a slanging match, certainly don't have a problem with the couple who blocked us. After reading the replies we've had (including yours lol), we can see people use the block button for 'housekeeping' as well as blocking people they don't wish to talk to. The post was never intended as a whinge or woe is me, it was a genuine question and no names were mentioned so no one knows who it refers to so no harm done.

over a year ago

"Understand your surprise: as it's been a FRIENDLY exchange of msg you likely expected a 'no probs guys Happy Swinging' msg back(it's what we would had done) before they block you if @ all.

(susie)

"

over a year ago

"Understand your surprise: as it's been a FRIENDLY exchange of msg you likely expected a 'no probs guys Happy Swinging' msg back(it's what we would had done) before they block you if @ all.

(susie)

"

that's exactly what we would have done guess we are not all the same x

By *iForNowXXMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

(susie)

that's exactly what we would have done guess we are not all the same x"

Yes, sorry for blocking you both. It wasn't for any of the reasons above. I am just a miserable, antisocial bastard.

True. xxx

over a year ago

Lmao Dave you were very sociable Saturday and very articulate

over a year ago

Maybe I should take up one of the above methods. Always forget who I have looked at already and end up looking at the same profiles again and again and forget who we have spoken to before as I delete older messages.

I often use the stealth hide me mode now so I don't come across as a silent stalker lol.

In two years on fab now we have about ten peeps blocked as we can't afford a hit man. I only block if someone really pisses us off but that's just us. Usually polite messages are enough.

I like your idea Surutu of using the notes. Might try that.

By *uddsWoman
over a year ago

st athans

"Makes more sense now thank you I thought it was just used if you'd pissed somebody off

Add to that if you're using mobile site, which is only way I access the site, private notes isn't an option (not that I have found anyhow) so blocking would be the best way not to message that person again and be seen as annoying and persistent x"

you can access private notes on mobile phones by going to the persons profile and click on the tab which says '5 more'you then get the chance to block/invite/veri/pvt notes/report

over a year ago

"Yeah some people do that rather than use the "Private Notes".

If only you knew what I put on your Private notes, mmmmmmmmm. "

over a year ago

"Been blocked today after receiving a nice message asking us to meet a cple but just play with the wife while hubby watched. Answered the message very politely and truthfully saying we only play when both sets of cples are fully involved ...... Message was read and we were instantly blocked is this normal behaviour...... "

Erfectly accrptable. You declined, you're not what they are looking for, so why not block you so in a few months they don't conract you again, win win.

I block or try to block all who say NO BI, saves a lot of time.

over a year ago

"Been blocked today after receiving a nice message asking us to meet a cple but just play with the wife while hubby watched. Answered the message very politely and truthfully saying we only play when both sets of cples are fully involved ...... Message was read and we were instantly blocked is this normal behaviour......

We had the same message, when we asked for face pics they didnt want to know, looking for gems I think they put it,so we blocked them lol"

We thought it was just us that had this , we had a message off a fem asking us to play with just her while hubby watched , she used the word Gems too so it must have been the same one , she was very pushy and when I explained that the wife wasn't home yet but I would chat to her she said fine

she sent another 2 messages that night asking if we'd chatted and I replied very politely that we had but we didn't feel that it for for us she accused us of being a single guy despite our numerous and recent veri's ,

Some people just don't like rejection I guess lol

By *uxtapositionMan
over a year ago

CARDIFF

If I message someone and they delete it without a reply, I block them as I have no wish to waste their time, or equally waste mine.

This may be OTT possibly but I am not desperate nor a potential, inadvertent stalker !

By *elsh n wildCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff area

We had the same invite too we only do couple also

over a year ago

(susie)

"

By *ea-SiderMan
over a year ago

neath

It is normal behavior for some of the oddballs on here, doesn't it really get on your nerves and give the genuine people bad press

over a year ago

"It is normal behavior for some of the oddballs on here, doesn't it really get on your nerves and give the genuine people bad press "

why on earth does blocking someone make you an oddball?? And give genuine people bad press?? The feature is there for everyone to use just like the filters are. I really dont understand how you think that makes genuine people look bad

By *roggMan
over a year ago

haverfordwest

"It is normal behavior for some of the oddballs on here, doesn't it really get on your nerves and give the genuine people bad press

why on earth does blocking someone make you an oddball?? And give genuine people bad press?? The feature is there for everyone to use just like the filters are. I really dont understand how you think that makes genuine people look bad "

people are entitled to block others for whatever reason that they think and I get surprised when I get blocked by people sometimes , but are fortunate enough to have good communication with many people on here who I know to be genuine and think that it is a positive so are not worried about a small minority of those who block me - I think that I may well be better off without them anyway

over a year ago

"It is normal behavior for some of the oddballs on here, doesn't it really get on your nerves and give the genuine people bad press

why on earth does blocking someone make you an oddball?? And give genuine people bad press?? The feature is there for everyone to use just like the filters are. I really dont understand how you think that makes genuine people look bad

people are entitled to block others for whatever reason that they think and I get surprised when I get blocked by people sometimes , but are fortunate enough to have good communication with many people on here who I know to be genuine and think that it is a positive so are not worried about a small minority of those who block me - I think that I may well be better off without them anyway"

A dig at me I assume! You're quite right, everyone is entitled to block who they want for whatever reason and certainly doesn't make them any less 'genuine' than the many other people you communicate with

over a year ago

"It is normal behavior for some of the oddballs on here, doesn't it really get on your nerves and give the genuine people bad press "

I'm oddball then & proud to be so X

over a year ago

people are entitled to block others for whatever reason that they think and I get surprised when I get blocked by people sometimes , but are fortunate enough to have good communication with many people on here who I know to be genuine and think that it is a positive so are not worried about a small minority of those who block me - I think that I may well be better off without them anyway"

If anything I am probably more genuine than some you chat with on here at least you know where you are with me, I have no plan to meet you or chat with you so I block, it's a simple means of managing a very busy profile, it certainly does not make me any less genuine. I think you need to have another look at your ego x

By *ea-SiderMan
over a year ago

neath

Peach, my ego does not need looking at I know who I am, I just respect politeness x

over a year ago

"Peach, my ego does not need looking at I know who I am, I just respect politeness x "

The ego remark did not follow your comment so was not for you & don't even get me started on politeness ffs

over a year ago

people are entitled to block others for whatever reason that they think and I get surprised when I get blocked by people sometimes , but are fortunate enough to have good communication with many people on here who I know to be genuine and think that it is a positive so are not worried about a small minority of those who block me - I think that I may well be better off without them anyway

A dig at me I assume! You're quite right, everyone is entitled to block who they want for whatever reason and certainly doesn't make them any less 'genuine' than the many other people you communicate with "

Having just read this thread I'm disappointed at the way both you legs and peachy have responded to _rogg

His remarks do not mention either of you and yet you have both taken it upon yourselves to throw insults at someone who has posted a response to a thread

There have been many threads in the little time that I've been on here that have mentioned bitching and bullying and especially in the welsh forum

It is not right that if someone responds to a thread and doesn't mention individuals that people should take offence and conduct a war of words upon them

We have all blocked or been blocked and for all sorts of reasons by all sorts of people that is the nature and rules of this site but I for one would not wish to air my views as a personal response unless it was directly aimed at me

In this case it looks as if his post was aimed at all that have blocked him and not aimed specifically at you

I hope that you will not be offended by my post as it is just my opinion and hope that you will see that your posts did not show either of you in a good light and only serves to justify this post and the previous posts relating to the welsh forum

over a year ago

I've re read this thread & can't see anywhere that I have thrown an insult, bullied or bitched, as is everyone's right I passed comment upon a comment posted by another member. It seems our right to run a profile as we wish is not respected by other members & if you can highlight any bullying comments I am open to a private conversation about them.

over a year ago

A dig at me I assume! You're quite right, everyone is entitled to block who they want for whatever reason and certainly doesn't make them any less 'genuine' than the many other people you communicate with

Having just read this thread I'm disappointed at the way both you legs and peachy have responded to _rogg

His remarks do not mention either of you and yet you have both taken it upon yourselves to throw insults at someone who has posted a response to a thread

There have been many threads in the little time that I've been on here that have mentioned bitching and bullying and especially in the welsh forum

It is not right that if someone responds to a thread and doesn't mention individuals that people should take offence and conduct a war of words upon them

We have all blocked or been blocked and for all sorts of reasons by all sorts of people that is the nature and rules of this site but I for one would not wish to air my views as a personal response unless it was directly aimed at me

In this case it looks as if his post was aimed at all that have blocked him and not aimed specifically at you

I hope that you will not be offended by my post as it is just my opinion and hope that you will see that your posts did not show either of you in a good light and only serves to justify this post and the previous posts relating to the welsh forum "

Sorry EF but I sent that response from the wrong profile, if you wish to point out where I have bullied another I am happy to discuss privately. Bullying is something I have never condoned.

over a year ago

Not saying you did but the fact both you and legs took personal offence at _rogg may be seen to be ganging up and tantamount to bullying which is not the case I'm sure and as I said only serves to fuel the people who post about it in the welsh forum

over a year ago

"I've re read this thread & can't see anywhere that I have thrown an insult, bullied or bitched, as is everyone's right I passed comment upon a comment posted by another member. It seems our right to run a profile as we wish is not respected by other members & if you can highlight any bullying comments I am open to a private conversation about them. "

The comment made was a generic one and unfortunately you took it as a personal attack which having read it does not seem to be the case

over a year ago

"I've re read this thread & can't see anywhere that I have thrown an insult, bullied or bitched, as is everyone's right I passed comment upon a comment posted by another member. It seems our right to run a profile as we wish is not respected by other members & if you can highlight any bullying comments I am open to a private conversation about them.

The comment made was a generic one and unfortunately you took it as a personal attack which having read it does not seem to be the case "

I didn't take offence to the fact that a person who was blocked got in my face & demanded to know why they were blocked, despite it being intimidating & out of order I responded fairly & politely, you don't always get the full picture here. I don't even know legs & my comments were my own x

over a year ago

"I've re read this thread & can't see anywhere that I have thrown an insult, bullied or bitched, as is everyone's right I passed comment upon a comment posted by another member. It seems our right to run a profile as we wish is not respected by other members & if you can highlight any bullying comments I am open to a private conversation about them.

The comment made was a generic one and unfortunately you took it as a personal attack which having read it does not seem to be the case

I didn't take offence to the fact that a person who was blocked got in my face & demanded to know why they were blocked, despite it being intimidating & out of order I responded fairly & politely, you don't always get the full picture here. I don't even know legs & my comments were my own x"

If that was the case then the forum is not the place to air it as it should not be used for personal vendettas by anyone but to debate in an impartial . and informative manner that is yes everyone has their own views likes or dislikes but it should not get personal in my view

over a year ago

odd balls???

over a year ago

That's the trouble with all these sites, re read that thread and count the reactions to mis-interpreted posts. People always on the defensive.

By *uncpl2015Couple
over a year ago

Bridgend Area

i am not sure its polite to be calling people who block you oddballs really.. in all fairness its generally a guy being a complete oddball and pain in the backside some even downright freaky that get them blocked in the first place. Also if not interested in chatting to or meeting a guy why not block it saves everyone wasting time and some guys who get told no thanks block us before we get to do it does it bother us not a bit. Last week we got a third message from a a guy asking for meet.. he had already been told no so if we had blocked him after the first one he would not have bothered us again.

Trouble with people on here is they take it as a complete insult. Its just a way of using your profile and saving us and the guys in all honesty from wasting time messaging us. Some get blocked just because they are a little freaky and a bit of weird stalker as well as those types don't sit comfy with us. If guys don't like it well tough shit really, if you get blocked we wouldn't have consider you our type anyway for whatever reason. Are we genuine too right we are, does that mean we have to tolerate people we won't meet by not blocking them no i don't think it does. Genuine people know how it works, even the ones we block we are polite to before hand unless they are rude and vile then we will see.

over a year ago

Going back to the original thread. We received the same message from this couple. I sent back a polite reply of thanks but not for us as we are only interested in 4 way, sort of message.

We received a polite reply of no probs have a nice day , sort of message.

Job done. All well manured and polite. It was actually a nice change to receive a well written and well thought out message in the first place and I said so on our status at the time. Wish all the messages we get were like wise. lol.

They have blocked us after so they remember we declined I assume. Thats fine by us.

I assume we are actually blocked by lots of peeps for what ever reasons that we have never even spoken too.

Bothered? Naa.

Each to their own. Lifes to short guy's.

By *inky BunnyMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

" All well manured and polite. It was actually a nice change to receive a well written and well thought out message

"

So their message was full of shit as well as polite lol??

Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist that one

Omg you're not going to block me are you??

over a year ago

" All well manured and polite. It was actually a nice change to receive a well written and well thought out message

So their message was full of shit as well as polite lol??

Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist that one

Omg you're not going to block me are you?? "

Stag your blocked ( again ) lol

over a year ago

Must learn to check spelling before hittng post! pmsl

over a year ago

Im sure not all guys are as bad as people make out.. But i did receive a wink the otherday. I replied abduction said Hi how are you keeping? Thanks for the wink.. I had the reply any pic's?. I replied here you go... Reply came back. Not my type sorry. I went to reply thanks for replying. But i was blocked

By *inky BunnyMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Im sure not all guys are as bad as people make out.. But i did receive a wink the otherday. I replied abduction said Hi how are you keeping? Thanks for the wink.. I had the reply any pic's?. I replied here you go... Reply came back. Not my type sorry. I went to reply thanks for replying. But i was blocked "

Well I suppose if you replied with ABDUCTION on your mind it's no wonder you were blocked!!!

Omg what is going on in this thread lol???

over a year ago

"Makes more sense now thank you I thought it was just used if you'd pissed somebody off

Add to that if you're using mobile site, which is only way I access the site, private notes isn't an option (not that I have found anyhow) so blocking would be the best way not to message that person again and be seen as annoying

and persistent x"

Not sure if this has already been answered but you can add private notes on mobile site, just click on the more options top right and you get 'more options' one of which is private notes

Post new Message to Thread