Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

The Clink Newport

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Whatever happened to that place? Went there twice many years ago with a girl that got me into the scene and drove past that area last week. Got me wondering

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Whatever happened to that place? Went there twice many years ago with a girl that got me into the scene and drove past that area last week. Got me wondering"
i use 2 go there think it just closed down

over a year ago

My husband used to go there before we met, he was pretty friendly with the owners, he said it was converted into flats-bedsits, but he hasn't seen the owner since moving down here, so it could be anything now

In his opinion the clink was the best club there ever was, or ever likely to be, it was a shame to see it descend into nothing.

By *ackInBlackMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Once Andy and Mandy the owners of the venue split up, Andy became disheartened and converted the place into flats. I'm pretty sure the last night there was New Years eve 2008.

Andy then went traveling, so I believe.

over a year ago

No it wasn't, there were many nights after,Ieuans stag night for one, and although Andy did eventually purchase a camper Smiff doesn't believe he's used it yet

By *inkypair40-SocialsCouple
over a year ago

newport

When they split Mandy got with a guy called Allan and they ran wild passions but that is not going either now

over a year ago

i used to go there was a good friend of andy but not seen him in long time shame as i loved the place

over a year ago

We went there a few times and loved it there,havnt found a place that comes near to it since. Everyone seemed so chilled and something for everyone I thought. You would think that something similar would have opened up in South Wales as there is a market for it

over a year ago

"We went there a few times and loved it there,havnt found a place that comes near to it since. Everyone seemed so chilled and something for everyone I thought. You would think that something similar would have opened up in South Wales as there is a market for it"
yes come on those with money lol.get a place going .poppyxx

over a year ago

I agree Chams is ok but I am sure there could be more options.

over a year ago

"We went there a few times and loved it there,havnt found a place that comes near to it since. Everyone seemed so chilled and something for everyone I thought. You would think that something similar would have opened up in South Wales as there is a market for ityes come on those with money lol.get a place going .poppyxx "

hell poppy we have got enough members if all of us paid a few hundred quid we cvould lease a place he he

over a year ago

my friend was one of the girls that worked in the clink.very good 2.yes its gone now.think its flats

over a year ago

"We went there a few times and loved it there,havnt found a place that comes near to it since. Everyone seemed so chilled and something for everyone I thought. You would think that something similar would have opened up in South Wales as there is a market for ityes come on those with money lol.get a place going .poppyxx

hell poppy we have got enough members if all of us paid a few hundred quid we cvould lease a place he he"

could be like a kinky co op you could have divy cards too and earn points for bonking and visits lol.who says good sex doesn't pay.lol.ad poppyxx

over a year ago

I'd love to open a club x

over a year ago

went a few times was a great venue with great hosts xx

over a year ago

used to love it there

over a year ago

"We went there a few times and loved it there,havnt found a place that comes near to it since. Everyone seemed so chilled and something for everyone I thought. You would think that something similar would have opened up in South Wales as there is a market for ityes come on those with money lol.get a place going .poppyxx

hell poppy we have got enough members if all of us paid a few hundred quid we cvould lease a place he hecould be like a kinky co op you could have divy cards too and earn points for bonking and visits lol.who says good sex doesn't pay.lol.ad poppyxx "

sounds like a good plan lol the pop op?

By *IXERONEMan
over a year ago

caerphilly

I only went there ounce it was the last night on a new years eve and what a night that was fair play also wot a club shame i didn't go there before then and shame it as shut xx

over a year ago

We went there many times on cpls night and always had a great time.There was always a very warm welcome which made up for the cold cell's lol.

The atmosphere was always a very naughty one and The Clink would knock spots off the crap South Wales has to offer at the Mo.

It'll never be forgotten

over a year ago

"No it wasn't, there were many nights after,Ieuans stag night for one, and although Andy did eventually purchase a camper Smiff doesn't believe he's used it yet"

New Years Eve sounds about right, as it was the last time Clink was actually used as a club as such, from what I remember too. Yes, there were other nights there after, but not club nights as I seem to recall. Ieuans stag do was a top night!

Andy has used the van, by the way

over a year ago

I've only ever heard good stuff about this place. Shame it's not around anymore, would liked to have experienced it.

Post new Message to Thread