Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Is Kik still a thing?

Jump to newest

By *hiftsAndGiggles OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Port Talbot

Contemplating redownloading, just wondering if there's any good Welsh or fab groups about before I do, any feedback will be appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *sprey6Man
2 weeks ago

Here!

Incredibly full of spam and robots and no video function anymore. Looking for another discreet app to do the same thing, ie log out when really busy and not have to give your number out until you have a connection

By *indeyesbigsmileMan
2 weeks ago

Newport

Recently rejoined and left after a week or two. Full of fakes and shit groups that nobody uses. Not sure many alternatives for group chats but FBook has some intriguing groups which I'm exploring. For 121 chats plenty of other apps that are around but I mostly use WhatsApp as formed connection/ trust by the point I leave here or a dating app.

By *aydaymooMan
2 weeks ago

-

I find telegram pretty useful and its replaced kik for me. One problem at the start it asks to share your contacts when you log in first time, as long as you select no you are good.

By *nihorn40Woman
2 weeks ago

Barry

Not really no. It got sold to another company that turned it into a spam farm and filled it with webcams and random shit. It is super slow and glitchy these days and barely usable as a chat app

By *issing DoryCouple
2 weeks ago

42 Wallaby Way

Telegram is definitely a better app. There are quite a few groups for fabbers, just search in the forum to find them.

By *affygt61Man
2 weeks ago

rhondda

"Recently rejoined and left after a week or two. Full of fakes and shit groups that nobody uses. Not sure many alternatives for group chats but FBook has some intriguing groups which I'm exploring. For 121 chats plenty of other apps that are around but I mostly use WhatsApp as formed connection/ trust by the point I leave here or a dating app."

Tell me more about Face book please

By *ophleatherTV/TS
2 weeks ago

coity

Sadly Kik is nothing like it was , it's been great for the cd and TV community for years

By *hiftsAndGiggles OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Port Talbot

Thought that might be the case. I do use telegram now, definitely good for hiding your number but find groups harder to find. Hopefully telegram will become more popular and more fabbers will get on there

By *eard and TattsCouple
2 weeks ago

Cwmbran

Kik was ok back in the day but a bit stale now

By *indeyesbigsmileMan
2 weeks ago

Newport

"Recently rejoined and left after a week or two. Full of fakes and shit groups that nobody uses. Not sure many alternatives for group chats but FBook has some intriguing groups which I'm exploring. For 121 chats plenty of other apps that are around but I mostly use WhatsApp as formed connection/ trust by the point I leave here or a dating app.

Tell me more about Face book please"

Type in swingers to the Facebook search or whatever topic you want to search and you'll find a variety of groups, pages and associated content. Quality is tbc only just discovering myself

By *hrisy69Man
2 weeks ago

chester/hawarden

"Thought that might be the case. I do use telegram now, definitely good for hiding your number but find groups harder to find. Hopefully telegram will become more popular and more fabbers will get on there "

I agree finding groups on telegram is almost impossible.

By *ames 1234566Man
2 weeks ago

Barnsley

Anyone on Kik

By *ottsguy74Man
2 weeks ago

Nottingham

Any adds or groups pm me

By *ausagepartyMan
2 weeks ago

Cardiff

Kik is terrible you just get bots or scammers every time.

By *ogerherMan
2 weeks ago

OSSETT

Anybody for kik

By *igger9969Man
2 weeks ago

Aberdare

Still go on kik now and again.

Telegram better for chatting and sharing pics and vids

By *ogerherMan
7 days ago

OSSETT

Anybody want to chat on kik

By *ongwayfromhomeMan
7 days ago

Newport

"Telegram is definitely a better app. There are quite a few groups for fabbers, just search in the forum to find them."

Aart From the spambots and Eastern European prozzies trying to get you to send money as they only live around the corner lol

It is better than KIK though

By *mmacdheelsTV/TS
7 days ago

FRANCE not in

KIK still seems to work ok for 1 on 1 chats. If someone sets up a chat group then they are usually invaded by bots and spam. So it does still work, just have to avoid chat groups.

By *ogerherMan
2 days ago

OSSETT

Anybody for kik now

By *alcon43Woman
2 days ago

Paisley

We moved from kik to Telegram. You can use a profile name and not your phone number.

By *andering Welsh GuyMan
2 days ago

All over the place

Sounds like a need to download telegram

By *eroLondonMan
2 days ago

Mayfair

He needs to download Telegram™... ^

By *oolybullyMan
13 hours ago

Close enough

Telegram is decent as an allrounder but most I chat to find Signal seems the best for 1-1 chat.

By *AZTASTICMan
10 hours ago

Barry

Telegram seems better not full of scammers

By *aarv80Man
9 hours ago

Crumlin

Just throwing an old one I used to use out there... There's one called "line" me and the ex used to use it when she didn't want to appear online to her contacts

Post new Message to Thread