Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

Relationships - single F only to reply

Jump to newest

By *nitadwon2020 OP   Man
8 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

Before I get a load of flack, bear with me and I am a nice genuine guy and this is a tricky one to put across I guess so don’t want to sound like a d##k as I’m definitely not.

So I’ve been single for nearly 4 years and on fab for around 2.

I’m getting to the point now of the ‘meets’ are not what I’m looking for longer term and meeting someone is to see where things go are coming into my mind.

It’s very rare you’ll see anyone on here stating looking for more (yes it’s fab before anyone says anything and I get it) but it’s another avenue to meeting someone for more than hookups etc.

So it would be interesting to see how many single females are actually or possibly looking for more as it seems if this does happen on here it often turns to being fwb and carry on with the fab life.

And is it hard or genuinely people don’t want to go back to vanilla and stick with this lifestyle for example when they do meet someone here.

Hope this all makes sense but it’s something that I discussed with a fellow fabber and they were as inquisitive as me on this and be interesting to see what people say.

Take care all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *adyinred696969Couple
8 weeks ago

Brecon

Keep looking, there are quite a few successful relationships that happened as a result of meeting on here, and some were not even looking for "the one" , but when they met, they "clicked" and next thing you know they are getting married!

8 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

"Keep looking, there are quite a few successful relationships that happened as a result of meeting on here, and some were not even looking for "the one" , but when they met, they "clicked" and next thing you know they are getting married! "

I’m not saying I’m ‘looking’ because these things tend to just happen .

For me I’m in Aberystwyth so very remote which makes things so much harder although for me distance is never an issue for thin reason obvs.

And yes I get your point and sure there are many, good to understand some single F stand point and thoughts so helpful.

By *3xymamaWoman
8 weeks ago

RCT

Personally I'm not looking to be intimate with loads of people on fab. But in the same breath I also don't want a conventional relationship. I've been single over 13 years and have maybe become a bit selfish as I wouldn't want anyone in my space for too long. Fab kind of suits me for now..

8 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

I have a very busy life with children who don’t live with me, work and also a business so I don’t have time to waste and maybe that’s why I’m looking at something ‘longer term’ but it has suited me to a certain extent for sure.

Like you when you say about being selfish I get that as you get used to what you want and when you want it sometimes but then I have so much I believe to give and want that feeling of someone being there and what that brings as it’s been a long time even in my previous relationship, but at the same time the bs and things that go with a ‘relationship’ are a bit daunting at times for sure but then you have to take that leap.

I’ve not gone on any dating sites so maybe that’s the next step for me.

Good response and I can resonate with what you say a lot too.

By *arriet54Woman
8 weeks ago

Newport

I've been here a little while now, very single, by choice.

Met some awesome people, but no one who stays the course so to speak.

Relationships do and have happened here, some leave, some play together. I guess that's a decision for both parties involved.

I'm not closed to a relationship but would have to hit me like a bolt of lightening! From my time here with time wasters and idiots I'm more likely to get hit by said bolt than find something worthwhile.

That suits me too, I'm very happy and more than comfortable with being single and fab works for me in that respect.

Try not to overthink would be my advice, take from this site what you want, always be honest about yourself can't go far wrong

8 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

That’s a big issue for a ‘genuine’ single guy I believe on fab is we get tarnished with the same brush a lot of the time.

And then it’s so hard to a) get meets, b) even if someone was open to something more it’s so so unlikely.

I don’t overthink things, it’s just coming to the stage where this is relevant.

Things work out as they do and it’s never pushed has to be natural 100% as it the case in life in general.

Very helpful to get this type of feedback even though may not be the consensus of course.

By *ory_xWoman
8 weeks ago

42 Wallaby Way Syndey

My last and current relationships I met on Fab and none of us were looking for a relationship, just a FWB, they just happened to progress naturally. No pressure just a lot of fun and ENM love. Best things to have happened to me and I'm very grateful I got to spend a year with the Wanderer before he died. Meeting and bonding with Kisses over shared experiences has made me very happy now which I didn't think I'd feel again.

8 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

I know and I remember as we were in a group chat around that time.

Good to see that your ‘back out there’ again and hopefully all is good and your having some deserved happiness!!

By *issing DoryCouple
8 weeks ago

42 Wallaby Way

"I know and I remember as we were in a group chat around that time.

Good to see that your ‘back out there’ again and hopefully all is good and your having some deserved happiness!!"

Thats really kind of you to say

By *ord and LilliaCouple
8 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"Keep looking, there are quite a few successful relationships that happened as a result of meeting on here, and some were not even looking for "the one" , but when they met, they "clicked" and next thing you know they are getting married! "

We fit in this niche. We met on here, we now live together and when life finally falls in place we have lots of plans for the future together. Never say never, it can take a long time, a lot of patience and some understanding, but it is possible to find someone who is the type of person who you want, who wants you and for you both to get the extra things 'normal' relationships don't usually come with .

By *issing DoryCouple
8 weeks ago

42 Wallaby Way

"Keep looking, there are quite a few successful relationships that happened as a result of meeting on here, and some were not even looking for "the one" , but when they met, they "clicked" and next thing you know they are getting married!

We fit in this niche. We met on here, we now live together and when life finally falls in place we have lots of plans for the future together. Never say never, it can take a long time, a lot of patience and some understanding, but it is possible to find someone who is the type of person who you want, who wants you and for you both to get the extra things 'normal' relationships don't usually come with . "

You know how happy I was for you guys, watching your "not relationship" turn into something so beautiful. Dory xx

8 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

Nice to hear things like that from fab and I know it happens.

Very interesting to hear people’s thoughts so thanks.

By *an1978Woman
7 weeks ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

"Nice to hear things like that from fab and I know it happens.

Very interesting to hear people’s thoughts so thanks."

Could you PM me please?

By *issy minxyWoman
7 weeks ago

South

I’ve had a relationship with someone I’ve met on here and would absolutely welcome a lifestyle relationship again with the right person. I’m not sure I could go back to a ‘vanilla’ relationship but of course never say never!!

It is tricky navigating finding genuine people on here but we all live in hope hey xx

7 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

Hey Missy, yes that’s the interesting thing i guess is when you meet someone do you carry on with this ‘way of life’ or vanilla again, not that it would be that vanilla with the type of people that are on fab but different for sure.

What I’ve realised is that even here when people say they want the ideal fwb scenario how long does that last because there’s so much going on anyhow with being with someone and then putting fab into the equation too it’s difficult.

I tend not to have any expectations with fab and that’s even for meets because take it as it comes and no pressure because if not then it’s way too much and too frustrating for sure.

Great pics by the way

By *wisted1Man
7 weeks ago

neath

Hi bud ,

If your a nice genuine guy and you are looking for that little bit more then stick to it , its extremely difficult for a single guy on fab at the best of times and I know that first hand , after years being on here I did give up looking for a partner yet alone the just a meet factor ,

Changed my profile completely to a party host profile and continued doing the parties and events not thinking about it ,

Then a year later had a message off Claire out of the blue and suddenly 2 years later we are still together and she's now doing the mrsTwisted parties ,

Sometimes I wish I was still single as she's a pain in the arse but I wouldn't change a thing lol ,

Go with the flow bud and enjoy the scene for what it is , respect people , get to socials and make friends , don't put pressure on yourself or others , do that and things will fall into place no matter what that is .

7 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

Hey, yes everything you say is true and I get it.

I’m not ‘desperate or even actively looking’ for something but it’ll come to that point soon and as in life in general you can never plan things so I take things as they are with no pressure or expectations.

Take care, and I’ll let you off for the single F comments only lol

By *issy minxyWoman
7 weeks ago

South

"Hey Missy, yes that’s the interesting thing i guess is when you meet someone do you carry on with this ‘way of life’ or vanilla again, not that it would be that vanilla with the type of people that are on fab but different for sure.

What I’ve realised is that even here when people say they want the ideal fwb scenario how long does that last because there’s so much going on anyhow with being with someone and then putting fab into the equation too it’s difficult.

I tend not to have any expectations with fab and that’s even for meets because take it as it comes and no pressure because if not then it’s way too much and too frustrating for sure.

Great pics by the way

"

I suppose it depends how you meet them and also if both of you want to be in the lifestyle? Things can change over time aswell.

With FWB it’s tricky and I agree on how do you make that happen/work for a period of time with all the rest of life happening around you?! Or do input that effort into a relationship?

Best way on fab is no expectation lovely x

7 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

Good responses so thanks again.

And nice DM’s too I have to say

By *serenJ84Woman
7 weeks ago

North east wales

I'd love to find someone I fancy, click with and can enjoy amazing sex with.

Sadly dating sites all seem bit "nice" or chavy boys waving Willie's around thinkbthats impressive. I've only met 3 from dating sites. 2 were actually on here aswell I later found out.

I've kind of given up tbh. The "sit on my face, you ll never cum like i make you" "I'm going to pound you for hours" lot seems to appearing here too now. Along with the married and wife doesn't know

7 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

I have to say had some great responses from some top people, you know who you are I’m sure so thanks

By *unnybunsWoman
7 weeks ago

Between here and over there

"I have to say had some great responses from some top people, you know who you are I’m sure so thanks "

By *alcon43Woman
7 weeks ago

Paisley

I’m 55 and been on here for 12 years and have met some lovely people and made some great friends. I’ve also been single for 18 years and have three grown up kids still at home. Last year I was at coffee with a few Fab friends, one of them brought along a new guy. Eventually the new guy messaged me and asks me out for lunch. It went well and we met back up again 2 weeks later since he was away. We’ve now been seeing each other for almost 10 months .

There is an age gap but it’s good. He’s met my kids, I’ve met his friends and family and it’s definitely heading in the serious relationship direction. (We have discussed this several times.)

He wasn’t long out of a long term relationship and I’ve not had one in 18 years so we were both cautious and vary of committing to anything. We discuss everything and been open about how we feel. Both being on Fab weirdly makes it easier to talk and still have the opportunity to play with others and explore things together.

It’s definitely possible to find a relationship on Fab. It’ll just happen out of the blue.

7 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

A great message and sounds like it’s going well and hopefully it carries on for you both so well done.

I’m sure it happens a fair bit.

What I’ve had from this post is people seeing that your genuine which doesn’t seem to be the way most of the time on fab and it’s good to see and very positive.

All the best, and keep happy !!!!

By *ush-lipsWoman
7 weeks ago

neath

Over the years, I know I have quite a few couples that actually met on here

I’m not looking for a relationship, but I’d rather a friend with benefits

I’m not looking to sleep with half the site

By *ack and jill 76Couple
7 weeks ago

Neath

I met my hubby on here 11 years ago we wernt looking for anything on here it's fab as u say but been narried 5 years next month

By *bwindian86Woman
6 weeks ago

Rugby

Thats exactly what im looking for. I thought i recently found that with a guy on here who was perfect in my opinion at the time but he totally blindsided me after spending a ridiculous amount of time together. If there was ever a silver lining its made me realise what i want x

By *nihorn40Woman
6 weeks ago

Barry

I'm just not interested in a relationship period.

If I was, I wouldn't primarily look here, but I wouldn't be against dating people from here either.

6 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

Sorry to hear that and seems a common theme.

I’m sure you find what your looking for when you want it

6 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

So would that be because you would step away from fab or you think the people you’d possibly meet here don’t seem to be overall what your looking for or because of the ‘scene’?

Love your comment on not being understanding too

By *itty AmourWoman
6 weeks ago

just around the corner

"Keep looking, there are quite a few successful relationships that happened as a result of meeting on here, and some were not even looking for "the one" , but when they met, they "clicked" and next thing you know they are getting married! :

We fit in this niche. We met on here, we now live together and when life finally falls in place we have lots of plans for the future together. Never say never, it can take a long time, a lot of patience and some understanding, but it is possible to find someone who is the type of person who you want, who wants you and for you both to get the extra things 'normal' relationships don't usually come with . "

How lovely

6 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

"Keep looking, there are quite a few successful relationships that happened as a result of meeting on here, and some were not even looking for "the one" , but when they met, they "clicked" and next thing you know they are getting married! :

We fit in this niche. We met on here, we now live together and when life finally falls in place we have lots of plans for the future together. Never say never, it can take a long time, a lot of patience and some understanding, but it is possible to find someone who is the type of person who you want, who wants you and for you both to get the extra things 'normal' relationships don't usually come with .

How lovely "

By *issYeuxBleusWoman
6 weeks ago

My boudoir - S Wales

Sex is always better with a connection IMO. I’m not a fan of empty sex but I’ve been messed about so many times. So I’m still on the fence. Not sure which way I will fall

6 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

For me 100% better with a connection and definitely needs to be the way for me going forward.

I’m at the point where I want to like the person I’m having sex with and have that part on top of the good sex.

By *itty AmourWoman
6 weeks ago

just around the corner

"For me 100% better with a connection and definitely needs to be the way for me going forward.

I’m at the point where I want to like the person I’m having sex with and have that part on top of the good sex."

Absolutely definitely want to like the person! If I wouldn't go out for supper with someone, I wouldn't want to be intimate with them

By *nihorn40Woman
6 weeks ago

Barry

"So would that be because you would step away from fab or you think the people you’d possibly meet here don’t seem to be overall what your looking for or because of the ‘scene’?

Love your comment on not being understanding too "

Sorry to be dumb but was this aimed at me?

First paragraph seems like it is but I don't remember saying anything about not being understanding??? Sorry if I did haha

6 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

100%, that’s where I am not for sure.

I have relatively limited time, so when I have it I spent it wisely for sure.

"For me 100% better with a connection and definitely needs to be the way for me going forward.

I’m at the point where I want to like the person I’m having sex with and have that part on top of the good sex.

Absolutely definitely want to like the person! If I wouldn't go out for supper with someone, I wouldn't want to be intimate with them "

6 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

Hey, I’m so sorry….

I’ve just reread your message and I must of mistaken the interested and thought was understanding instead lol, that’s all I can think !!

So must of thought you said ‘your not understanding in a relationship’ - I am a good listener honest !!

"So would that be because you would step away from fab or you think the people you’d possibly meet here don’t seem to be overall what your looking for or because of the ‘scene’?

Love your comment on not being understanding too

Sorry to be dumb but was this aimed at me?

First paragraph seems like it is but I don't remember saying anything about not being understanding??? Sorry if I did haha "

By *alcon43Woman
5 weeks ago

Paisley

Not aimed at anyone in particular.

You can meet someone on Fab and still have a regular relationship eg meet their friends and family, date, etc

You don’t have to say how you met. I’ve found that with the guy I’m seeing, we can be open and honest about everything and we talk about where it’s going, what we want to do, etc.

Keep things at a pace you’re comfortable with.

Post new Message to Thread