Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Wales

People you know,who don't know it.

Jump to newest

By *he love cats OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

Keep getting winks, friends requests and messages from someone who I have known since childhood. He's a married man and I know his Mrs and children. We have talked to him a few times when I bump into him shopping also. He doesn't have a clue that me and hubby are swingers. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience,just a little awkward chatting to them ,how did you cope or what would you be like in the same situation?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iving Bi a TryMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

If you find it awkward, Block them and it will all eventually fade in your memory!

Gbat

over a year ago

South Wales

Still see them often in the community,not going to be able to avoid them as we have been friends for many years. Can easily block them but that's not the awkward part it's more face to face chatting with him and his wife tbh.

By *iving Bi a TryMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Yes, I get where you're coming from, but I just think it will be less embarrassing if you minimise contact through this site.

Tough situation! Your profile text makes it clear you aren't looking for single men, why does he keep messaging you? Do you think perhaps he might have twigged who you are?

(I've had a look at your profile and can see why he's interested!!)

Gbat

over a year ago

South Wales

"Yes, I get where you're coming from, but I just think it will be less embarrassing if you minimise contact through this site.

Tough situation! Your profile text makes it clear you aren't looking for single men, why does he keep messaging you? Do you think perhaps he might have twigged who you are?

(I've had a look at your profile and can see why he's interested!!)

Gbat

"

No he doesn't know think I could tell,he doesn't talk on here all the time,just the odd message that's all.

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

Without outing yourselves as swingers to them, theres not a lot you can do. Blocking him is probably the best bet and then try to forget what he's up to.

Depending how close you are, you could tell the wife that "a friend" has seen him on some sex site and leave it up to you her.

over a year ago

South Wales

"Without outing yourselves as swingers to them, theres not a lot you can do. Blocking him is probably the best bet and then try to forget what he's up to.

Depending how close you are, you could tell the wife that "a friend" has seen him on some sex site and leave it up to you her. "

Wouldn't want to open a can of worms by telling her, blocking is probably best but bumping in to him and her is still uncomfortable.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

People swing for different reasons. Maybe behind closed doors things are different to how they seem on the outside. She may well know she may well not. Block his profile and let sleep dogs lie is probably best. Messenger always gets shot and as others have said it'd be outing yourself if you say something.

over a year ago

South Wales

"People swing for different reasons. Maybe behind closed doors things are different to how they seem on the outside. She may well know she may well not. Block his profile and let sleep dogs lie is probably best. Messenger always gets shot and as others have said it'd be outing yourself if you say something. "
Was hoping to find people who have had a similar experience,I know what you mean about secrecy I wouldn't tell his wife or anyone else for that matter and the block is now in place,it seems to be the logical thing to do,though I was hoping for other people who have had similar experiences to get in touch.

By *r sugarandspiceMan
over a year ago

Newport , South Wales

"Keep getting winks, friends requests and messages from someone who I have known since childhood. He's a married man and I know his Mrs and children. We have talked to him a few times when I bump into him shopping also. He doesn't have a clue that me and hubby are swingers. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience,just a little awkward chatting to them ,how did you cope or what would you be like in the same situation?"

I had a message from a guy he had no face pic only he’s penis asking me am I having any luck conversation getting deeper and deeper then I asked him can I see your face please got a reply I can’t show my face cause you have seen my privacy and I’ve been on holiday with you guys told him that’s ok we are all here for a reason since then anyone that I know I just block and move on

I do assume but not sure we do talk to each other in the street but don’t mention anything about fab

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

"People swing for different reasons. Maybe behind closed doors things are different to how they seem on the outside. She may well know she may well not. Block his profile and let sleep dogs lie is probably best. Messenger always gets shot and as others have said it'd be outing yourself if you say something. Was hoping to find people who have had a similar experience,I know what you mean about secrecy I wouldn't tell his wife or anyone else for that matter and the block is now in place,it seems to be the logical thing to do,though I was hoping for other people who have had similar experiences to get in touch."

I've had more than one person I know contact on here over the years. One guy I met before I realised who he actually was. Was only when I saw him with his wife on the book of face I found out.

It's the risk you take joining on here

over a year ago

South Wales

"People swing for different reasons. Maybe behind closed doors things are different to how they seem on the outside. She may well know she may well not. Block his profile and let sleep dogs lie is probably best. Messenger always gets shot and as others have said it'd be outing yourself if you say something. Was hoping to find people who have had a similar experience,I know what you mean about secrecy I wouldn't tell his wife or anyone else for that matter and the block is now in place,it seems to be the logical thing to do,though I was hoping for other people who have had similar experiences to get in touch.

I've had more than one person I know contact on here over the years. One guy I met before I realised who he actually was. Was only when I saw him with his wife on the book of face I found out.

It's the risk you take joining on here "

We don't have Facebook think the less you know the better sometimes, thanks for sharing your story though.

By *carlett AllureWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I’ve had this one more than one occasion, the first time I’d already become very friendly with the ‘single male’ we exchanged face pictures and I realised I knew him. I still talk to both but as others have said you never know what’s going on behind closed doors - the same as they don’t know what’s going on behind yours. I’ve never mentioned it to the female and for all I know she could have a separate profile on here.

Another occasion- I politely told the ‘single male’ I knew him and his partner as he used his real name! He apologised for making things awkward and asked if I would keep it quiet! Which was a promise I kept along with a block lol.

It really isn’t worth ‘outing’ someone but if you feel it’s right just reply and let him know that he’s been recognised. Block them, and try not to think about it anymore

By *3xymamaWoman
over a year ago

Uptown Top Ranking

I agreed to meet someone for a chat. We never exchanged face pics. The deal was to walk the other way if things weren't right. Me, being inquisitive said OK.

We met, he was speechless and I just giggled. I knew this guy very well, plus all his family. There was no play, just a friendly chat and the promise that we wouldn't divulge that each other was on here

over a year ago

South Wales

Thanks both for your stories,this helps to know it's happened to other people too. Xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Had a guy who messaged me as a couple, who said he knew who i was. So i messaged him back saying who did he think i was and who is he if he's telling me that. He blocked me, so to this day i havent a clue, why tell someone you know them if u dont disclose who you are ?! Seemed a pointless exersise, but it did unhinge me a bit for a while.

By *reshcplCouple
over a year ago

pembs

We have had this, but not with a friend as such. Just been with people we know from a distance. We didn’t ever reply and let them go about their business.

over a year ago

South Wales

"Had a guy who messaged me as a couple, who said he knew who i was. So i messaged him back saying who did he think i was and who is he if he's telling me that. He blocked me, so to this day i havent a clue, why tell someone you know them if u dont disclose who you are ?! Seemed a pointless exersise, but it did unhinge me a bit for a while."
Bet this was worrying though does sound like someone just messing around with you, probably would make you wonder though.

over a year ago

South Wales

"We have had this, but not with a friend as such. Just been with people we know from a distance. We didn’t ever reply and let them go about their business. "
Probably the best thing to do in that situation.

over a year ago

"Still see them often in the community,not going to be able to avoid them as we have been friends for many years. Can easily block them but that's not the awkward part it's more face to face chatting with him and his wife tbh."

It’s part of a swingers etiquette you just carry as it is, normal, it’s up to them what they do, some have more secrets than others

By *elshman52Man
over a year ago

North Wales

"Keep getting winks, friends requests and messages from someone who I have known since childhood. He's a married man and I know his Mrs and children. We have talked to him a few times when I bump into him shopping also. He doesn't have a clue that me and hubby are swingers. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience,just a little awkward chatting to them ,how did you cope or what would you be like in the same situation?"

Looking at your profile pics, and amazing they are, I think there are many features that could identify you to someone. I avoid pictures with my own household objects or clothes that stand out. The one of you in the window could easily identify you as could the car pics.

over a year ago

Really great advice to anyone who Is concerned about feeling vulnerable at any point.

Well said that man!!!!

over a year ago

South Wales

"Keep getting winks, friends requests and messages from someone who I have known since childhood. He's a married man and I know his Mrs and children. We have talked to him a few times when I bump into him shopping also. He doesn't have a clue that me and hubby are swingers. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience,just a little awkward chatting to them ,how did you cope or what would you be like in the same situation?

Looking at your profile pics, and amazing they are, I think there are many features that could identify you to someone. I avoid pictures with my own household objects or clothes that stand out. The one of you in the window could easily identify you as could the car pics. "

Didn't think it was as obvious,though I can see what you mean.

By *ockman92Man
over a year ago

Pontypridd

Omg!!!

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

Yes we do get our images fabbed by a couple of people who we know, they definitely don’t know it’s us! I personally have no problem at all chatting to them in daily life Miss pc

over a year ago

South Wales

"Yes we do get our images fabbed by a couple of people who we know, they definitely don’t know it’s us! I personally have no problem at all chatting to them in daily life Miss pc "
Or do they? Do you think they would say or are the thinking the same as you,they know you and are hoping you don't recognize them lol.

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

"Yes we do get our images fabbed by a couple of people who we know, they definitely don’t know it’s us! I personally have no problem at all chatting to them in daily life Miss pc Or do they? Do you think they would say or are the thinking the same as you,they know you and are hoping you don't recognize them lol."

Oh they definitely don’t know, they’re the type who would absolutely freak out, and wouldn’t give us even eye contact ! What makes me laugh, is that one of them has offended me several times with their comments on bisexuality, when their profile and veris says different! Miss pc

By *azylivingMan
over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

As you’ve said. He doesn’t know your profile.

Block will remove this issue of contact & he’s non the wiser for it.

over a year ago

We know a few that live nearby, but would never spill the beans on there partners, everyone’s private life if none of our business is our Motto

Post new Message to Thread