Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

New social distancing guide lines for Police

Jump to newest

By *nleashedCraken OP   Man
over a year ago

Widnes

New guidelines for the police are being issued which make it absolutely clear that it is not illegal to drive any where or any distance to either walk your dog or take exercise.

The new guidelines for police will also make it absolutely clear that it is also not illegal to leave your house more than once in a day and that it is not the job of the police to decide what shopping is essential and what is not.

The new guidelines are going to make it clear to the police that their new enforcement powers are there to help then prevent people from gathering together and getting closer than 2 meters apart and not there for them to stop people either exercising or walking themselves or their dogs in places where it's safer than somewhere else that may be closer to home and that it is not illegal for people to include Easter Eggs and other none essentials in their purchases when they go out shopping.

The police are also being told that acts of vandalism, such as dying beauty spots black, are still acts of vandalism even when the act is committed by the police.

At last a bit of common sense seems to be returning.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Rural locations are still usually dead of police and locals, I deliver prescriptions as and where needed, roads are mostly empty

By *adetMan
over a year ago

Ipswich

[Removed by poster at 31/03/20 07:55:51]

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I think the Police were left without any clear guidance. Whilst the legislation was understandably rushed they were left hanging.

The whole Easter Egg thing is ridiculous though. Surely you need to try and carry on as normal somehow. And Easter Eggs are going to be a small comfort for people.

Hopefully this guidance will now make it all clearer.

over a year ago

in my view its better to drive to an isolated remote location to walk your dogs, rather than walk in a local park

as long as you drive safely and cause no accident or breakdown, drive responsible, then I consider that a safe act.

Police should not be driving out to remote locations just to hope that by chance they come across a dog walker, they should be putting their time to more use

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Finally it sounds like someone has used their common sense and issued some practical and sensible guidelines.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Just heard grant shapps on R4 and he appeared to say that driving to walk dogs is not allowed, granted he may not have Bern updated yet if this is to change..

Certainly clarity is needed..

over a year ago

"Just heard grant shapps on R4 and he appeared to say that driving to walk dogs is not allowed, granted he may not have Bern updated yet if this is to change..

Certainly clarity is needed.. "

Quite. I was listening as well and he was contrary to what was being said earlier on in the program. There has to be clear guidelines.

over a year ago

"New guidelines for the police are being issued which make it absolutely clear that it is not illegal to drive any where or any distance to either walk your dog or take exercise.

The new guidelines for police will also make it absolutely clear that it is also not illegal to leave your house more than once in a day and that it is not the job of the police to decide what shopping is essential and what is not.

The new guidelines are going to make it clear to the police that their new enforcement powers are there to help then prevent people from gathering together and getting closer than 2 meters apart and not there for them to stop people either exercising or walking themselves or their dogs in places where it's safer than somewhere else that may be closer to home and that it is not illegal for people to include Easter Eggs and other none essentials in their purchases when they go out shopping.

The police are also being told that acts of vandalism, such as dying beauty spots black, are still acts of vandalism even when the act is committed by the police.

"

Some sense at last in this strange world. In the course of my work I had to spend last weekend driving through the Derbyshire Peak District, and kept seeing police cars being double manned. Double standards I think.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Great news

By *uttyjonnMan
over a year ago

cheshire

"

Some sense at last in this strange world. In the course of my work I had to spend last weekend driving through the Derbyshire Peak District, and kept seeing police cars being double manned. Double standards I think."

Double standards? No it's not police do this for good reason

The guidance for the general public does not cover our emergency services. How would you feel if your house was on fire and one person turned up in a fire engine

By *nlyIfItsWorthItMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Sick of seeing the police acting like it's east Germany before the wall came down. They forget that they work for us

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

Lets give it a proper try and beat the virus the most important advice is stay at home and only go out for essential food and medicine

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Sick of seeing the police acting like it's east Germany before the wall came down. They forget that they work for us "

Chalk and cheese mate, whilst there will be lessons learned after this comparing a few fines and some strange drone footage with the east German police is off the mark..

Even the ostmark which I recall was 17 to the deutschmark at that time when visiting East Berlin..

By *imes_berksMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

"Sick of seeing the police acting like it's east Germany before the wall came down. They forget that they work for us

Chalk and cheese mate, whilst there will be lessons learned after this comparing a few fines and some strange drone footage with the east German police is off the mark..

Boom boom

Even the ostmark which I recall was 17 to the deutschmark at that time when visiting East Berlin.. "

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Sick of seeing the police acting like it's east Germany before the wall came down. They forget that they work for us

Boom boom

Even the ostmark which I recall was 17 to the deutschmark at that time when visiting East Berlin.. "

Sorry, not my best..

Mind you we were getting 6 or 7 deutschmark to the pound at that time so whilst eating fresh lobster and quaffing moet was a tad weird as we were the only ones in the restaurant it was nonetheless nice..

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Sick of seeing the police acting like it's east Germany before the wall came down. They forget that they work for us "

They would do well to remember that. Six months ago very little evidence of their presence on the streets. Now they emerge from the wood work....

over a year ago

in Lancashire

They would do well to remember that. Six months ago very little evidence of their presence on the streets. Now they emerge from the wood work...."

Very few of them will have any memory of the albeit wrong comparison given let alone wish to act in such a manner and nor have they..

Interesting piece doing the rounds of a Spanish or Italian police officer leg sweeping a person who was out in the street from behind then as he was prone cuffing him, the guy may have been in the wrong but wasn't resistant he was just stood still..

I doubt that would happen here and rightly so..

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Lets give it a proper try and beat the virus the most important advice is stay at home and only go out for essential food and medicine"

I endorse and encourage

A proper try

This however does NOT mean stay indoors

It means stay as far away from humans as possible and touch nothing another human can touch

Thus

Me driving 100 miles to kite surf on the sea or mountain bike in uninhabited woods would indeed be vastly superior to ANY supermarket visit

over a year ago

"

Some sense at last in this strange world. In the course of my work I had to spend last weekend driving through the Derbyshire Peak District, and kept seeing police cars being double manned. Double standards I think.

The guidance for the general public does not cover our emergency services. How would you feel if your house was on fire and one person turned up in a fire engine "

They're all single manned now.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

The guidance for the general public does not cover our emergency services. How would you feel if your house was on fire and one person turned up in a fire engine They're all single manned now."

Be interested to see the one person 135 props to the face drill..

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"

The guidance for the general public does not cover our emergency services. How would you feel if your house was on fire and one person turned up in a fire engine They're all single manned now.

Be interested to see the one person 135 props to the face drill.. "

I wasted 30 seconds of my life trying to interpret that

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"New guidelines for the police are being issued which make it absolutely clear that it is not illegal to drive any where or any distance to either walk your dog or take exercise.

"

Where did you source that from please?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

At last a bit of common sense seems to be returning."

Anyone?

By *ouple4832Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Absolutely

By *JCouple
over a year ago

Teesside

Anyone?

"

Agreed anyone got a source for this?

All I found is a precious lord chief justice having a go at the police who used drones in the peak district. That's vastly different to confirming dog walkers can now drive to walk locations.

KJ x

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

The guidance for the general public does not cover our emergency services. How would you feel if your house was on fire and one person turned up in a fire engine They're all single manned now.

Be interested to see the one person 135 props to the face drill..

I wasted 30 seconds of my life trying to interpret that"

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"

Yes it is good news but it is finding the right balance that is the hard part

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Anyone?

"

Still asking?

over a year ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/30/uk-police-guidelines-coronavirus-lockdown-enforcement-powers-following-criticism-lord-sumption

over a year ago

At last. Decisions based on logical reasoning rather than box ticking exercises.

The police who threw dye in a lake, just in case people went swimming was rather excessive.

Hopefully this will be published soon

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/03/20 12:09:34]

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/30/uk-police-guidelines-coronavirus-lockdown-enforcement-powers-following-criticism-lord-sumption"

TY.

over a year ago

STOP!!... now... Put that tin of beans down!... Slowly!

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Lets give it a proper try and beat the virus the most important advice is stay at home and only go out for essential food and medicine"

And that’s exactly the point that people seem to conveniently forget.

I’m not sure why people need to drive somewhere to walk either alone or with a pet. Stay home, save lives is the message for now. The police wouldn’t have to man it if people followed the rules.

over a year ago

"Lets give it a proper try and beat the virus the most important advice is stay at home and only go out for essential food and medicine

I’m not sure why people need to drive somewhere to walk either alone or with a pet. Stay home, save lives is the message for now. The police wouldn’t have to man it if people followed the rules. "

It’s not difficult to follow the rules.

I am seeing lots out and about on my way to work.

I am night shift key worker.

I am seeing a lot of police in town and helicopters

over a year ago

"Lets give it a proper try and beat the virus the most important advice is stay at home and only go out for essential food and medicine

I’m not sure why people need to drive somewhere to walk either alone or with a pet. Stay home, save lives is the message for now. The police wouldn’t have to man it if people followed the rules. "

As someone mentioned, those in cities or built up areas will be pasding other people. If they drove to a quiet area there's less chance of bumping into others and passing any virus on

over a year ago

Instead of police bashing lets support them

Do you know of any institution where the odd person Will not overdo things at times

Just remember if you are ever in serious trouble and need a police officer they will no doubt be there quickly to assist you

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

Instead of having a go at the police why not show some full support to them. They are, key front line workers as well. I'm sure, they don't really want to stop someone who thinks taking a dog 10, 20 or 30 miles to have a shit is essential. It is your behaviour that is causing this and not the police. Support your police. One day you may really need them and they won't be able to attend because, of some daft sod driving somewhere so their dog can do its business. Stupidity can cost lives as well

over a year ago

"Instead of police bashing lets support them

Do you know of any institution where the odd person Will not overdo things at times

Just remember if you are ever in serious trouble and need a police officer they will no doubt be there quickly to assist you"

Err.. No. Ive been in times of support from the lolice. burgled, car vandalised. After i waited HOURS for them to show up there was little interest shown by them.

Ive even called them as i watched thieves stealing from a neighbours garage. About an hour later, long after the thieves were gone, the same half interested response.

Granted others may have a better experience but my experience they're not very helpful at all apart from criminalising those trying to comply but falling foul while the real criminals walk away as thieves did when they realised i was observing them. They must have known they had bags of time to get away.

The police are going for easy targets: law abiding citizens making the heinous crime of walking a dog etc

over a year ago

"Instead of having a go at the police why not show some full support to them. They are, key front line workers as well. I'm sure, they don't really want to stop someone who thinks taking a dog 10, 20 or 30 miles to have a shit is essential. It is your behaviour that is causing this and not the police. Support your police. One day you may really need them and they won't be able to attend because, of some daft sod driving somewhere so their dog can do its business. Stupidity can cost lives as well "

If the plod had the option of catching a dog walker, or burhlars theyd go sftrr the dog Walker... Easy target, notch on tbeir truncheon

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"At last. Decisions based on logical reasoning rather than box ticking exercises.

The police who threw dye in a lake, just in case people went swimming was rather excessive.

Hopefully this will be published soon"

it wasnt in case they went swimming as the blue lagoon is toxic..( although people do still go in) it was ok discourage people heading there for the view.

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Lighthouse 1....... Agree with you, the Police have lost the plot... As said elsewhere they are our servants, you wouldn't think so. Have ignored helping the public for quite a while. Then all of a sudden they want the support of the public....

Guess what, the public aren't too keen...

over a year ago

"Lighthouse 1....... Agree with you, the Police have lost the plot... As said elsewhere they are our servants, you wouldn't think so. Have ignored helping the public for quite a while. Then all of a sudden they want the support of the public....

Guess what, the public aren't too keen..."

You're really not a fan of the plod, eh

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Not a matter of being a "fan" or not. Just feel they have gradually lost touch with the public, who pay them and in the end they should serve.

They as "US", not some exterior force appointed by "authority". In the end I want them to succeed. Dumping dye into a beauty spot hardly does their public image much good. What would they say if a bunch of local yobs has down that..?

over a year ago

"Instead of police bashing lets support them

Just remember if you are ever in serious trouble and need a police officer they will no doubt be there quickly to assist you

Err.. No. Ive been in times of support from the lolice. burgled, car vandalised. After i waited HOURS for them to show up there was little interest shown by them.

Ive even called them as i watched thieves stealing from a neighbours garage. About an hour later, long after the thieves were gone, the same half interested response.

Granted others may have a better experience but my experience they're not very helpful at all apart from criminalising those trying to comply but falling foul while the real criminals walk away as thieves did when they realised i was observing them. They must have known they had bags of time to get away.

The police are going for easy targets: law abiding citizens making the heinous crime of walking a dog etc

"

Sadly I got attacked by a gang, police refused to record it as gang related (due to impact on there figures and subseqent response)

Phoned 999 and had to physically help a woman escape from a car - they never called me back to take a statement from me.

Been told by one copper in Birmingham that stopping and searching people who are Black because there black is ok and they routinely do it.

Am glad others have a better and more positive experience of the police than I have had.

over a year ago

"Instead of having a go at the police why not show some full support to them. They are, key front line workers as well. I'm sure, they don't really want to stop someone who thinks taking a dog 10, 20 or 30 miles to have a shit is essential. It is your behaviour that is causing this and not the police. Support your police. One day you may really need them and they won't be able to attend because, of some daft sod driving somewhere so their dog can do its business. Stupidity can cost lives as well

If the plod had the option of catching a dog walker, or burhlars theyd go sftrr the dog Walker... Easy target, notch on tbeir truncheon

"

I suggest you watch cops like us on bbc2. Then you’ll realise why they are slow to attend.

By *nleashedCraken OP   Man
over a year ago

Widnes

"Instead of having a go at the police why not show some full support to them. They are, key front line workers as well. I'm sure, they don't really want to stop someone who thinks taking a dog 10, 20 or 30 miles to have a shit is essential. It is your behaviour that is causing this and not the police. Support your police. One day you may really need them and they won't be able to attend because, of some daft sod driving somewhere so their dog can do its business. Stupidity can cost lives as well "

I am backing the police and, for the most part, I think they're doing a splendid job. These new guidance simply makes it absolutely clear that they don't have and shouldn't have been stopping people for driving to where they wanted to or for buying what they want. If, as you say, they never wanted to do that then this is surly a win-win. We don't want then stopping us do reasonable and safe things, they don't want to stop us from doing those things and the new guidelines make it clear they don't have to and shouldn't. Everyone should be happy.

By *igsteve43Man
over a year ago

derby

"

However common sense would also be one person taking the dog to the nearest park or woodland not packing the entire family and driving an hour to a tourist spot, the selfish bastards just carrying on as normal will bring martial law in

over a year ago

"Lighthouse 1....... Agree with you, the Police have lost the plot... As said elsewhere they are our servants, you wouldn't think so. Have ignored helping the public for quite a while. Then all of a sudden they want the support of the public....

You're really not a fan of the plod, eh"

Its the direction of where policing is going:

Police cuts, and the chief constables under pressure to get results, such as (and they'll deny it) ignoring what they see as low level /priority crime to stretch resources, going for easy targets so resources are freed up quickly to improve efficiency targets.

Fining people is also revenue collection. No profits in catching burglars

Bad examples of senior police leadership : remember the pc stabbed in Westminster by a terrorist ? When a passing senior officer buggered off? His excuse was "no equipment" but he COULD have done something! Get out his car distract and harass the terrorist at a distance so others could help the pc

Political meddling: politicians sticking their oar in telling chief constables what to do ehst to focus on

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

You're really not a fan of the plod, eh

Its the direction of where policing is going:

Police cuts, and the chief constables under pressure to get results, such as (and they'll deny it) ignoring what they see as low level /priority crime to stretch resources, going for easy targets so resources are freed up quickly to improve efficiency targets.

Fining people is also revenue collection. No profits in catching burglars

Bad examples of senior police leadership : remember the pc stabbed in Westminster by a terrorist ? When a passing senior officer buggered off? His excuse was "no equipment" but he COULD have done something! Get out his car distract and harass the terrorist at a distance so others could help the pc

Political meddling: politicians sticking their oar in telling chief constables what to do ehst to focus on

"

over a year ago

Can i add : serious lack of clarity, leadership from top down from the government, leaving officers to using and acting on widley individual interpretation.

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

The flip side is they drive somewhere further and the car breaks down or it’s involved in an accident. How do you recover those people then and socially distance?

They go rambling in some inaccessible place and fall, an ambulance or mountain rescue is needed. Again, impossible to rescue and socially distance?

I know it’s unlikely , but it’s not impossible.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

However common sense would also be one person taking the dog to the nearest park or woodland not packing the entire family and driving an hour to a tourist spot, the selfish bastards just carrying on as normal will bring martial law in"

Could common sense be me going an hour alone to a deserted beach kite surfing 4 hrs and returning home without seeing anyone

As apossed to right now observing my "local" walking spot with 20 ish people walking around although imust say all beyond 10 ish m

I'm not going there I'm going to drive to my spots

Run walk and climb trees with no one around xx

over a year ago

However common sense would also be one person taking the dog to the nearest park or woodland not packing the entire family and driving an hour to a tourist spot, the selfish bastards just carrying on as normal will bring martial law in

Could common sense be me going an hour alone to a deserted beach kite surfing 4 hrs and returning home without seeing anyone

As apossed to right now observing my "local" walking spot with 20 ish people walking around although imust say all beyond 10 ish m

Run walk and climb trees with no one around xx"

A. You could get into trouble and drown

B. You could infect/get infected.... Hmmmmmmm!

I'll go for C

Did i win anything?

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

Run walk and climb trees with no one around xx"

381people have died today in the UK. does that not bother anyone. Certainly not the, self centred know alls by the looks of it. Stay at home. What is hard about that. Some in this country will not listen at all.

over a year ago

Common sense is good. However the beauty spot thing is because it is a quarry with toxic water which gets dyed every year not just this.

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Do just bear in mind 1500 people A DAY were dying in Britain EVERY day before the virus arrived. ie. it has been the death rate for a while, it will continue after this Poxy little virus has been sent on its way. I expect to die at some day, hope it is a while off...who knows?? Healthy right now... THANK GOD....

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Run walk and climb trees with no one around xx

A. You could get into trouble and drown

B. You could infect/get infected.... Hmmmmmmm!

I'll go for C

Did i win anything? "

A , yes I could as all of us could die from our daily risks

I believe in self rescue or die for myself thanks

Are you going to suggest smokers and drinkers stop ? They would most likely require a 999 I wont maybe an undertaker if I wash up or fall

B infect who how

Get infected by whom how

C is ? Staying home ? You risk injury and calling 999

Going out ( note I said where zero people are ) thus c is go out locally where people are

Vastly more risky

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Common sense is good. However the beauty spot thing is because it is a quarry with toxic water which gets dyed every year not just this. "

Is that definitely correct.....? Not "fake" news ..??

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Run walk and climb trees with no one around xx381people have died today in the UK. does that not bother anyone. Certainly not the, self centred know alls by the looks of it. Stay at home. What is hard about that. Some in this country will not listen at all. "

You are aware of the number of deaths and injuries caused at home ?

I dont go to "beauty spots" they have humans there I dont like humans I go where humans dont like to go

Avoid all people is the advice

Stay at home is good advice and one way to achieve this not the only one

over a year ago

"Common sense is good. However the beauty spot thing is because it is a quarry with toxic water which gets dyed every year not just this.

Is that definitely correct.....? Not "fake" news ..??"

Google it. They normally do it to prevent swimmers as the water is akin to bleach. But pretty for pictures.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Common sense is good. However the beauty spot thing is because it is a quarry with toxic water which gets dyed every year not just this.

Is that definitely correct.....? Not "fake" news ..??"

To my knowledge its blue not because of dye but because of copper it is poisonous

It has been dyed now black

I think anyone going there was foolish

over a year ago

Police walking next to each other driving about 2 in car walking up to members of public well who's rules are they going by

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

"Police walking next to each other driving about 2 in car walking up to members of public well who's rules are they going by"

But on the news yesterday when they showed footage of the new Nightingale Hospital no- one was socially distancing setting that up. I guess somethings you can’t do and socially distance.

The police can’t exactly arrest someone and leave a 2 metre gap.

over a year ago

"Police walking next to each other driving about 2 in car walking up to members of public well who's rules are they going by

But on the news yesterday when they showed footage of the new Nightingale Hospital no- one was socially distancing setting that up. I guess somethings you can’t do and socially distance.

The police can’t exactly arrest someone and leave a 2 metre gap. "

I know. You’d think people would think before they write. Apparently not .

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The plod do the best they can. The odd rotten apple like in every job. There are a few rotten apples on fab...

They are not perfect but all we got being starved of funding for years..

Give them a break..

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Police walking next to each other driving about 2 in car walking up to members of public well who's rules are they going by"

Nor are ambulance and fire crews, there simply is no way to achieve the 2m rule but they accept that risk as that's part of the role they carry out..

Nor could a heli crew etc..

And good on them all..

over a year ago

"in my view its better to drive to an isolated remote location to walk your dogs, rather than walk in a local park

as long as you drive safely and cause no accident or breakdown, drive responsible, then I consider that a safe act.

Police should not be driving out to remote locations just to hope that by chance they come across a dog walker, they should be putting their time to more use"

That ok if they have an accident or break down then just leave them there

Why should a breakdown service put their people in any danger because someone decides it’s ok to travel miles to take a walk

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

In had my works van nicked from outside the house a month ago, just a crime number.

Someone in the same street had there car broke into 2 nights ago, and neighbours had cctv of the cunts spitting on car door handles up the road, still haven't seen a copper.

My experience with the boys n gals in blue hasn't been he best.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"in my view its better to drive to an isolated remote location to walk your dogs, rather than walk in a local park

Police should not be driving out to remote locations just to hope that by chance they come across a dog walker, they should be putting their time to more use

That ok if they have an accident or break down then just leave them there

Why should a breakdown service put their people in any danger because someone decides it’s ok to travel miles to take a walk

"

Out of interrst, are the AA, RAC rescue services still working?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Police walking next to each other driving about 2 in car walking up to members of public well who's rules are they going by

Nor are ambulance and fire crews, there simply is no way to achieve the 2m rule but they accept that risk as that's part of the role they carry out..

Nor could a heli crew etc..

And good on them all.. "

For once agree

By *lutinnylons69TV/TS
over a year ago

Byfield/Daventry

Ok I am just going to the read the guidance old and new and possibly print it off to have on my person when or if stopped by police.

It was said on TV etc that people should only exercise once a day and locally. It does not state that in guidance which police and public have been asked to follow.

So please put it in law and stop making it up.

For me I have always run every day. I cannot run in my local park as it is shut. I run along country lanes and may be passed by a couple of cyclists. If a pedestrian appears I cross over the road but say hello. I don't have a dog but if I did I would walk them in nearby fields and again steer clear of others.

I then only go to buy food twice a week and try to go at quieter times.

There is no need for the police to challenge me if they did do I would produce said document.

It is more difficult for those in built up areas.

I,like others have cursed the police but on other occasions have had need to thank them.

Let's hope it all ends soon.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

No matter what people think of the police, if they are not getting consistent and clear rules then they have no chance of getting it right.Why would anyone need to drive an hour to walk a dog I don't know, but wherever you drive to you , you could potentially make things worse for that area, health wise

I have never seen so many people out and about in our street, some poor dogs are getting so many walks a day they must be knackered...yes OK it is because some people are now not at work, but even at the weekend before all this did we see a dog getting walked as many times as they are now

I don't get why people would even think of helping this drag out...do as asked and we will hopefully get through it quicker.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Ok I am just going to the read the guidance old and new and possibly print it off to have on my person when or if stopped by police.

It was said on TV etc that people should only exercise once a day and locally. It does not state that in guidance which police and public have been asked to follow.

So please put it in law and stop making it up.

For me I have always run every day. I cannot run in my local park as it is shut. I run along country lanes and may be passed by a couple of cyclists. If a pedestrian appears I cross over the road but say hello. I don't have a dog but if I did I would walk them in nearby fields and again steer clear of others.

I then only go to buy food twice a week and try to go at quieter times.

There is no need for the police to challenge me if they did do I would produce said document.

It is more difficult for those in built up areas.

I,like others have cursed the police but on other occasions have had need to thank them.

Let's hope it all ends soon.

"

Have they challenged you?

If yes then challenge them..

If not, grow up

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

Some sense at last in this strange world. In the course of my work I had to spend last weekend driving through the Derbyshire Peak District, and kept seeing police cars being double manned. Double standards I think."

The reason they are closing national parks is because:

1) On the first weekend of lockdown, they were rammed - I've seen the photos of Pen Y Pass and I've never seen it so busy

2) People, as per usual are having accidents and them doing so puts mountain rescue etc at risk

over a year ago

In stead of knocking them the Police should be supported! They are doing a difficult and thankless job and putting themselves at risk every day.

Post new Message to Thread