FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Turmeric for arthritis

Jump to newest
 

By *eniorServicer OP   Man
7 weeks ago

Sutton-In-Ashfield

Anyone on here suffer with this and what's your go to version?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *alimaliWoman
7 weeks ago

end of my Tether

Following for info,

I find avoiding tomatoes and peppers makes a noticable difference (but I love them so do eat them on occasion)

But curious on ADDING things to my diet to help.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *artorialMan
7 weeks ago

weymouth

Tumeric tea and massage oil, whatever you do though don't spill any it stains everything yellow

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rednwilma1Couple
4 weeks ago

york

Tried this, got the strongest advertised been on it 3 month and not seen a bit of difference to my knee O.R., waste of time and money in my opinion

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *eralDeviantWoman
4 weeks ago

Hull

If you google turmeric paste or golden paste youll find a recipe. Its abit more expensive to buy it made.

Turmeric, black pepper and coconut oil. Huge helps with inflammation! Ive been making it for years

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple
4 weeks ago

Live in Scotland Play in England


"Following for info,

I find avoiding tomatoes and peppers makes a noticable difference (but I love them so do eat them on occasion)

But curious on ADDING things to my diet to help."

That could be because they're nightshade foods and eliminating them can help reduce inflammation

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *uicyboobiesWoman
4 weeks ago

Newtownbutler

Tumeric and I also take black seed oil for inflammation... I have a vibration plate and that's made a massive difference to me.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ersatilefoxMan
4 weeks ago

Notts


"Anyone on here suffer with this and what's your go to version?"

Tried just about everything to help with knee pain over the decades. Very little helped. As for Turmeric all it did was give me the most horrific heartburn I've ever suffered. Ended up having a TKR, best thing I ever did. Now I can walk absolutely pain free.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *imited 3EditionCouple
4 weeks ago

Live in Scotland Play in England


"Tumeric and I also take black seed oil for inflammation... I have a vibration plate and that's made a massive difference to me. "

How do you use the plate? I've heard different things about how to use it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ersatilefoxMan
4 weeks ago

Notts

Best thing I found was specific physio, and glucosamine/chondroitin.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *dmundwilsonMan
4 weeks ago

Llandudno


"If you google turmeric paste or golden paste youll find a recipe. Its abit more expensive to buy it made.

Turmeric, black pepper and coconut oil. Huge helps with inflammation! Ive been making it for years"

The black pepper is crucial in making the turmeric effective.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *lik and PaulCouple
4 weeks ago

cahoots

Careful if considering high doses which can cause kidney issues. I speak from experience and can no longer use it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *aseylee324Couple
4 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

Never found it any good for joint pain or inflammation. Was does seem to have halted any further deterioration, interestingly, is HRT, if my bloody GP had started me on it years earlier I might have avoided the level of finger deformity and pain that I do have.p

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *londebiguyMan
4 weeks ago

Southport


"Anyone on here suffer with this and what's your go to version?"

In my experience, Turmeric is well worth trying.

Hugely naturally anti inflammatory .

Get the highest curcumin content and with black pepper ,

it can upset some people's stomachs.

In lots of cases it can help joints.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS
4 weeks ago

Dudley

I used to take apple cider vinegar and honey dissolved in warm water I stopped taking it after I was diagnosed with coeliac disease, I believe it stopped my kidney stones and lessened the effects of hayfever a relation suggested it for arthritis, I’ve only recently started taking it again after 5yrs I believe it’s helping me, I have taken turmeric in the past don’t think it made much difference tbh

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *uicyboobiesWoman
4 weeks ago

Newtownbutler


"Tumeric and I also take black seed oil for inflammation... I have a vibration plate and that's made a massive difference to me.

How do you use the plate? I've heard different things about how to use it "

Initially I started just standing on it and after a few days when the swelling in my legs and ankles went down I started gentle squats and now I do weights whilst doing squats. Sometimes I dance. Depends my mood. It was life changing for me because I had a sacrum injury and my balance was off too. My balance was sorted in first few days using it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *otwifecouple1004Couple
4 weeks ago

Cardiff/kos

Wolverine stack peptide had fixed my other halfs joint pain

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *haredShowerMan
4 weeks ago

en9 waltham abbey

I switched from Glucosamine and Chondroitin to Curcumin with black pepper many years ago. Knee pain subsided after a couple of weeks.

After torn knee meniscus, steroid injection worked. NHS physio good, strength and resistance band exercises.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *atnip make me purrWoman
4 weeks ago

Reading

Didn't help my mother but she was 80+ when she started.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *oneyBee200Woman
4 weeks ago

Kent

You need golden paste not just turmeric. Recipe can be found online or buy from the golden paste company.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *liceWalkerTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Nuneaton

Tried everything nothing worked long term except methotrexate but it ended up trying to kill my liver ,so just painkillers and anti inflammatories now.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ruckerSeekerMan
4 weeks ago

Morecambe

The only thing proven to rid the pain and reduce swelling is cherry juice, the purer the better.

Eating the actual fruit does the same.

Take alongside turmeric and you’ll notice the difference in 20 days ….

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *pankingNorfolkCouple
4 weeks ago

norwich ish

Got the Tumeric Co standard mixture, it’s 4 bottles for 4 weeks (handy 7 shot guide on side). About £20 every 4 weeks from that Internet based bookshop

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *pankingNorfolkCouple
4 weeks ago

norwich ish

Should say not for arthritis but for joint pain and inflammation, had been struggling for two months with very stiff knee and often painful and ankles that are hanging on by the thinnest ligaments after years of abuse. Tumeric shots have made noticeable difference.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple
4 weeks ago

Abbotts Langley

Tumeric isn't absorbed significantly or even at all in the body. Dutch studies found that it's completely ineffective regardless of what it's taken with. Use it for cooking. It'll do bugger all medically.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ack DawXXXMan
4 weeks ago

Weybridge

Avoiding citric helps apparently.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *entNEMan
4 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Following this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rown_Bread78Man
3 weeks ago

Leeds


"Tumeric and I also take black seed oil for inflammation... I have a vibration plate and that's made a massive difference to me. "

Can I watch you on your vibration plate some time?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *aughty1500Man
3 weeks ago

Melton Mowbray

Been taking tablet form for some time now. Not sure if it's worth it. Only thing I can say is I didn't take any on holiday and I seemed to have more joint pain after coming home. I'm now trying the beetroot stuff.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *andl2004Couple
3 weeks ago

Woodhall Spa


"Anyone on here suffer with this and what's your go to version?"

From personal experience what really helps me personally is Quercetin.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ersatilefoxMan
3 weeks ago

Notts

I think quite a bit of the effects are phsycosematic, if you feel like supplements are doing some good, keep taking them. If not then save yourself a lot of money.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *panking masterMan
3 weeks ago

Washington


"Anyone on here suffer with this and what's your go to version?"
i avoid eating raw tomatoes there is a chemical in them that attacks the end of bone joints,, cooked tomatoes are ok,,, the chemical evaporates away

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *londebiguyMan
3 weeks ago

Southport


"I think quite a bit of the effects are phsycosematic, if you feel like supplements are doing some good, keep taking them. If not then save yourself a lot of money."

The effects of natural anti inflammatories are very definitely not.

They do not suit or work for everyone but well worth a try though.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *aturelovers2023Couple
3 weeks ago

St Helier

Saturday times this week medical doctor no benefits from turmeric to relieve joint pain

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *oaby800Man
3 weeks ago

Glasgow

I take turmeric everyday from H&B and notice a big difference. Didn’t notice anything till I stopped taking them. 👌

I get it might not be the case for everyone but works for me

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *hyllMan
2 weeks ago

461 Ocean Boulevard

I am a believer in taking turmeric in the morning with black pepper, the black pepper helps the digestion of the turmeric

One reason turmeric is successful is because of its non-inflammatory advantages on the body but there’s an also another reason, very few places where turmeric is eaten daily in food for example, particularly in Middle Eastern Indian and Pakistani food there are less reported incidents of stomach cancer( and I know there are different types of stomach cancers) in comparison to to the Western world where sugar in salt take preference I think turmeric is a very useful natural occurring compound

Which help the stomach

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
2 weeks ago

Central


"I think quite a bit of the effects are phsycosematic, if you feel like supplements are doing some good, keep taking them. If not then save yourself a lot of money.

The effects of natural anti inflammatories are very definitely not.

They do not suit or work for everyone but well worth a try though.

"

But some of their potential benefits, as with medication, may also arise from the psychosomatic processes - the placebo effect, for instance is incredibly powerful and important.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *mbers_SecretWoman
6 days ago

Coventry

I tried turmeric. Didn't work. I lost a stone and now I'm at my ideal weight, that helped - a lot.

Alcohol and lack of sleep seems to make it worse. I went whole foods plant based and that's helped the most.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *dmundwilsonMan
6 days ago

Llandudno


"I tried turmeric. Didn't work. I lost a stone and now I'm at my ideal weight, that helped - a lot.

Alcohol and lack of sleep seems to make it worse. I went whole foods plant based and that's helped the most. "

Seems to be just the thing.

You look amazing.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ringo1969Man
6 days ago

salisbury


"Tried this, got the strongest advertised been on it 3 month and not seen a bit of difference to my knee O.R., waste of time and money in my opinion "
Agreed, makes absolutely no difference whatsoever 🤬😡

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ave52Man
6 days ago

Great Dunmow

Absolutely agree, bought some expensive pills with 'the best dosage etc etc' made absolutely no difference!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *aughtystaffs60Couple
6 days ago

Staffordshire


"Best thing I found was specific physio, and glucosamine/chondroitin. "

Yeah I use same. Saw a report today though that glucosamine can supercharge Alzeimhers disease. Get's boring doesn't it ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 
 

By *igboy2275Man
6 days ago

Backworth

The best thing I find was from a living with pain course.

Eat fresh blueberries daily.

How Blueberries Help Arthritis

• Fewer Free Radicals: Blueberries are rich in polyphenols and antioxidants that neutralize free radicals and lower oxidative stress in joint tissues.

• Reduced Pain and Stiffness: Clinical studies on knee osteoarthritis show that regular daily intake of blueberries (or equivalent freeze-dried powders) helps decrease pain, reduce stiffness, and improve physical function.

• Lower Inflammation: Anthocyanins—the pigments that give blueberries their deep blue color—help suppress pro-inflammatory pathways and lower systemic inflammatory markers.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread
back to top