
Join us FREE, we're FREE to use
Web's largest swingers site since 2006.
Already registered?
Login here
| Back to forum list |
| Back to Virus |
| Jump to newest |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Had it done about 8 years ago still got 20/20 vision one of the best things I ever did" | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"About 23 years ago for me and still perfect general vision although I do use reading glasses now but that's just an age thing. Best advice, research and pick your surgeon " Thanks for the heads up | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ?" Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer. But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ? Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer. But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation." How long ago was that? I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain! | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Jumping on thr post. How sussessful is it for people with -10 vision. Would love to get rid of these binoculars 😂 " Go get it done, best thing ever and as stated about, a nights sleep and the day is like viewing in 4k | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ? Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer. But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation." Assumed laser surgery and lens replacement were under the same umbrella. Yes it's lens replacement I'm having for both eyes. Mines double that lol. Not sure I would be ok with going abroad for it as you here these horror stories about surgery done abroad | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ? Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer. But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation. How long ago was that? I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain!" | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ? Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer. But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation. How long ago was that? I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain! She went out with a mate both hat it done both are happy. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ? Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer. But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation. How long ago was that? I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain! Can you dm me where she went plse | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Its free on nhs" I would say you had it done for cataracts not just because you did not want to wair glasses. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Had it and still have some dry eye and night vision issues " Was that lasic or lens replacement. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I've had vitreous disconnection in both eyes so not suitable for laser surgery. I had big floaters as a result which have broken into millions of pieces so my vision is slightly foggy but still meets driving standards. " Have you looked at lens replacement not lazer | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Wife had it done just so she did not need glasses at work and every day. Was an OK price in Prague. " Please could you let me know where she has it done? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Wife had it done just so she did not need glasses at work and every day. Was an OK price in Prague. Please could you let me know where she has it done?" Just sent you a link. She went out on a Sunday and was back on the Friday | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I've had vitreous disconnection in both eyes so not suitable for laser surgery. I had big floaters as a result which have broken into millions of pieces so my vision is slightly foggy but still meets driving standards. Have you looked at lens replacement not lazer " They won't consider anything because one of the top mounting points has come adrift on both eyes. It's not the lenses that have gone cloudy like cataracts. It's the vitreous fluid that the retina etc is suspended in. The only option it to drain that fluid off and replace it with synthetic fluid, and as far as I know that isn't an option. Plus they can't reatatch the vitreous sack. Unlike the retina. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I know a few people who have trouble with vision at night and with flares around lights. That's what would put me off." I have issues with flares around lights at night, much stronger on one eye. It goes away if I squint but it's tiring during long nights drives on busy roads. But overall it's a huge upgrade in life quality compared to glasses and contacts. No regret at all. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I've had vitreous disconnection in both eyes so not suitable for laser surgery. I had big floaters as a result which have broken into millions of pieces so my vision is slightly foggy but still meets driving standards. Have you looked at lens replacement not lazer They won't consider anything because one of the top mounting points has come adrift on both eyes. It's not the lenses that have gone cloudy like cataracts. It's the vitreous fluid that the retina etc is suspended in. The only option it to drain that fluid off and replace it with synthetic fluid, and as far as I know that isn't an option. Plus they can't reatatch the vitreous sack. Unlike the retina. " I had a vitrectomy due to a hole in the macular of one of my eyes, which involves replacing the vitreous fluid with saline and placing a gas bubble on the macular hole. It is not a pleasant procedure by any stretch of the imagination but if they were to consider it I'd recommend it. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I had it done about 15 yrs ago.. starting to struggle now with tv and driving... went for a consultation for lense replacement - 10k!!!!! " Read the thread wife had it done in Prague £3500 + flight and acomedation | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"15 years ago, best money I ever spent. Woke up the next day with 20/20 vision! Saved money in the long run too. Wish I’d got it done years before. " Replacement or lazer ? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I had it done at about 40 after a lifetime of being shortsighted. Best decision I ever made. However.... Hit 50 and muscle changes in the eye socket meant the shape of my eye ball changed (and will continue to do so), resulting in needing corrective lenses again. Nothing they can do to correct this as it's a natural part of aging, and affects most people. I was warned of this when I had the surgery, but thought I'd get a bit longer before it impacted." Have you looked in to lens replacement. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I had it done at about 40 after a lifetime of being shortsighted. Best decision I ever made. However.... Hit 50 and muscle changes in the eye socket meant the shape of my eye ball changed (and will continue to do so), resulting in needing corrective lenses again. Nothing they can do to correct this as it's a natural part of aging, and affects most people. I was warned of this when I had the surgery, but thought I'd get a bit longer before it impacted. Have you looked in to lens replacement. " Nah, not that bothered. If my eye shape is going to continue to change then the shape of the lens will continue to change as well, no? Regardless of having it replaced? Hypothetical question as I'm not going down the route of lens replacement. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I had it done about 15 yrs ago.. starting to struggle now with tv and driving... went for a consultation for lense replacement - 10k!!!!! Read the thread wife had it done in Prague £3500 + flight and acomedation " yeah I'll look in to it. definitely more expensive having lens replacement after having laser as its special lenses as your eyes shape has changed. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I'm having laser eye surgery probably in November. Has anyone else had this and were the results as good as Everyone says ? Hate to tell you but you probably to old for Lazer. But you might want to look at lens replacement, wife had it done in Prague. Cost about £3500, plus flights and accommodation. How long ago was that? I was quoted £7500 about 4 years ago. At that price, including a mini holiday, it's a bargain!" My brother had it done for £4000 in 2019 over here | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Had laser treatment 25yrs ago, absolutely best money ever spent. In on the Friday, severe pain Saturday and Sunday but on the Monday it was a miracle. Perfect vision. Only wear reading glasses now but at my age (72) that's acceptable. Stephanie... I think this was the similar experience of my Mother | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Two older siblings have both had lens replacement surgery. Both swear by it, so I'm researching into it now. " If you want a link mail me | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Post new Message to Thread |
| back to top |