FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Weight loss injections

Jump to newest
 

By *ocknpussy500400 OP   Couple
23 weeks ago

wigan

What do people think about weight loss injections and how much are they

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *viatrixCouple
23 weeks ago

Gatwick

Some people have lost a lot, a lot of weight with them. Complete transformations. If that helps them, the more power to them.

Personally, I didn’t want to pay over £200 a month for something I could do on my own initiative. But I didn’t have that much weight to lose in the first place. I’ve lost 2 stone with lifestyle changes and still have another stone to lose.

I have diabetes 2 so in theory eligible for them on the NHS but my BMI was never high enough for them to prescribe it to me.

It seems they are a very good medicine. If people are able to use them to aid a healthier lifestyle, great. 🩷🎀

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ocknpussy500400 OP   Couple
23 weeks ago

wigan

Just been offered them so undecided

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
23 weeks ago

Wegovy works and it's £104 delivered. No miracle, just a tool though. The work by making your body slowly digest, so eat normal until it kicks in.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *uaveNightsMan
23 weeks ago

Canvey Island

Just out of curiosity, you ask if anyone’s been on them but your status says “weight loss Injections, inbox for details”.

Are you selling them or asking for your own use? 🤔

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ngelbert HumperdinckMan
23 weeks ago

Sussex


"Just out of curiosity, you ask if anyone’s been on them but your status says “weight loss Injections, inbox for details”.

Are you selling them or asking for your own use? 🤔"

🫢

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ocknpussy500400 OP   Couple
23 weeks ago

wigan

Have a guess

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *arc PolarisMan
23 weeks ago

Château des Étoiles

The latest studies are a little worrying about changes in moods etc

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *hinstrapMan
20 weeks ago

sheffield

...but what happens when you stop getting jabbed?

Always wondered

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *oughmanMan
20 weeks ago

Sunderland

I'd rather do the hard work and I am. The injections do nothing to change you habits and attitudes that made you put the weight on it the first place.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *oundtightCouple
20 weeks ago

Manchester

It should go without saying but don't inject yourself with anything not given to you by a British doctor or pharmacist from licensed premises (unless you live in another country of course).

Last week someone turned out to be injecting themelves with windcreen wash, with predictable results.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *avesmithpeptidesMan
16 weeks ago

Carlow

Ive had great results. Costs have come down a lot.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
16 weeks ago

Many years ago I met a male couple who wanted a spit roast with me. It was quite possibly the best sex I've ever had

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *olvesxcoupleCouple
16 weeks ago

Round the bend


"Many years ago I met a male couple who wanted a spit roast with me. It was quite possibly the best sex I've ever had"

Wrong thread, holly? 😂😂

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *orny IrishMan
16 weeks ago

North Wessex Downs


"Many years ago I met a male couple who wanted a spit roast with me. It was quite possibly the best sex I've ever had"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
16 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 14/06/26 22:25:45]

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
16 weeks ago

Few weeks after joining fab,met local guy for a social went great so roughly 5 hours later he came to mine and the sex was explosive ,we continued meeting for months until he moved away

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *eWillMakeYouSquirtCouple
16 weeks ago

leicester

Fantastic drug I know a lot of people who have done well on it and good on them but the real thing is we believe it’s eating right for life not just when your on it , it’s a bit pricey and getting a trusted supplier another key factor but can be done

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *hadowSirenWoman
16 weeks ago

Wales

Im contemplating them. I spent months training hard with a PT, eating well, doing loads of steps each day. No change in weight (or inches before I get the ‘muscle weighs more than fat’. Even saw a dietician who wanted a month’s worth of food diaries (and I logged everything). They couldn’t understand why I wasn’t losing weight as just food alone and the calorie deficit would have caused weight loss in itself without training on top. I was prescribed weight loss tablets years ago which worked a treat but they’ve since been withdrawn from issue.

All bloods that have been repeated over and over are all normal. I’m done battering myself in the gym, scrutinising everything I eat and denying myself treats now and again and getting nowhere. Can’t stand the thought of injecting myself but it’s once a week and hopefully it’ll be worth it in the long run and I may actually see some results from my hard work.

Life is too short to be miserable!

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *issP69Woman
16 weeks ago

Neath

I lost 5 stone and maintained that loss for 9 years. I have my own personal view of people who use weight loss jabs but at the end of the day it doesnt effect me, so hopefully they will find a weight loss routine that suits them and fingers crossed they dont try and rely on others

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ixey and CopperCouple
16 weeks ago

Exeter


"It should go without saying but don't inject yourself with anything not given to you by a British doctor or pharmacist from licensed premises (unless you live in another country of course).

Last week someone turned out to be injecting themelves with windcreen wash, with predictable results."

20/20 vision?

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *aul watsonMan
16 weeks ago

Yate

Lost nearly 5 stone, best thing ever.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *JCRoseWoman
16 weeks ago

Caversham

I am on ozempic for other health reasons and lost some weight.

It is a tool not a miracle cure. You have to change your mindset and do the work for it to make life changing results.

The hardest part is the mind and the bad habits, the injection is there to help and support you while you change them.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *allguynowMan
16 weeks ago

durham

Sure monjaro has given me blurred vision. Have lost nearly three stone since September.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *hongman1Man
16 weeks ago

Mansfield

Personally I think some people over use them, I know for a fact some people have used more than they should, they end up looking gaunt and unwell!

If you use it simply as a tool to give yourself a head start then fine, some people, like myself, work hard at the gym and eating the right things to see very little change, which can be extremely demoralising!

I was reading yesterday that Wegovey have just had a pull form approved too! That I imagine will go down well for people who don’t like needles.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *amieLDN22Man
16 weeks ago

Swindon


"...but what happens when you stop getting jabbed?

Always wondered"

Puffer fish face immediately I've seen it live

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *uicy_peach79Woman
16 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I don't think they should be readily available to just anyone. I think they should only be for people with obesity and weight related conditions

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *uicy_peach79Woman
16 weeks ago

Edinburgh


"Im contemplating them. I spent months training hard with a PT, eating well, doing loads of steps each day. No change in weight (or inches before I get the ‘muscle weighs more than fat’. Even saw a dietician who wanted a month’s worth of food diaries (and I logged everything). They couldn’t understand why I wasn’t losing weight as just food alone and the calorie deficit would have caused weight loss in itself without training on top. I was prescribed weight loss tablets years ago which worked a treat but they’ve since been withdrawn from issue.

All bloods that have been repeated over and over are all normal. I’m done battering myself in the gym, scrutinising everything I eat and denying myself treats now and again and getting nowhere. Can’t stand the thought of injecting myself but it’s once a week and hopefully it’ll be worth it in the long run and I may actually see some results from my hard work.

Life is too short to be miserable!"

If you're insulin resistant its harder to lose weight

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *uicy_peach79Woman
16 weeks ago

Edinburgh


"...but what happens when you stop getting jabbed?

Always wondered"

If you don't keep up with good diet and exercise you put it back on at twice the speed

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *riel13Woman
16 weeks ago

Northampton

I don't think they are going to be the miracle cure they profess to be

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *candiumWoman
16 weeks ago

oban

Tried them. They didn't reduce the food noise or my appetite.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

16 weeks ago

O o O oo


"Sure monjaro has given me blurred vision. Have lost nearly three stone since September.

"

I have lost 2 and half since end January, no jab though.

I am not going to diss anyone who wants to take these things to help them lose weight, trust me after a life of yoyo weight gains and losses I know how hard it is to stay on track.

I did consider taking them for a while then decided as I don't normally like injecting stuff into my body and I am not sure those side effects would be something I fancy so I went for the old fashioned way of less calories in. It is hard to get the willpower at the beginning and obviously these jabs take that away but once I was into it... carrying on losing weight is greater temptation than eating what I shouldn't.

I know if I stop I may put weight back on if I don't maintain, but by the reports I have seen, when stopping the jabs it seems to make you put it back on faster.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *rivextrMan
16 weeks ago

London

If my understanding is correct it’s a GLP1 blocker. It interferes with appetite and urge to eat. It also interferes with what gets digested/absorbed. So far so good.

Lack of appetite and not absorbing enough nutrients is ofcourse not great!

Also it’s been reported that it causes muscle mass loss, maybe fats too. But muscle mass is worrying!

Muscles are not only those showy biceps and abs, but heart muscles, muscles in the arteries probably will all get affected indiscriminately.

I can not imagine it be good long term and would rather avoid and try something else.

Caution; stopping is also not as straightforward as one would think. The lost muscle mass gets replaced with fats!

I think the Pharma industry is again pushing irresponsibly a medication that isn’t fully researched.

Let’s wait and see

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *anillaTroubleWoman
16 weeks ago

NG17

I have it as T2 diabetic, not lost 1lb but it has helped my diabetes which is why am on it. I have mounjaro at 5mg and have for 9 months, appetite has massively decreased, I do more exercise but still not lost any weight.

Some people react differently so just be open minded x

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *a LunaWoman
16 weeks ago

Wales

I think people need to realise that if you take the medication for diabetes then the side effects and complications of Diabetes is far more concerning than the side effects of GLP1 medications, some of which have been around for years and have good outcomes.

Diabetes side effects are no joke. And I say that as someone who watched her step-dad slowly drown to death in his own fluids in a Hospital Bed as a result of complications of diabetes and heart failure.

If a Dr has prescribed you this medication then to all intents and purposes it is for good reason, and the pro’s outweigh the cons.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *rivextrMan
16 weeks ago

London

100% it is a medication of diabetes the worry is only when people are taking it purely for wt loss.

Anyway, everyone has to decide themselves. There is absolutely no medication in this world that has no side effects. Usually one weighs pros and cons.

But always remember the Pharma industry does not care about you. It really only cares about making more money!

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *lainJane23Woman
16 weeks ago

Liverpool

Bingo..

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
16 weeks ago

Central


"I have it as T2 diabetic, not lost 1lb but it has helped my diabetes which is why am on it. I have mounjaro at 5mg and have for 9 months, appetite has massively decreased, I do more exercise but still not lost any weight.

Some people react differently so just be open minded x"

Have you changed your diet significantly? I've lost a good amount of weight with it but have had to make major changes to my diet, including giving up alcohol

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ad NannaWoman
16 weeks ago

East London

Supermarkets are now cashing in on the fad. It's all about profit.

What happens when you can no longer afford the treatment?

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ad NannaWoman
16 weeks ago

East London


"I have it as T2 diabetic, not lost 1lb but it has helped my diabetes which is why am on it. I have mounjaro at 5mg and have for 9 months, appetite has massively decreased, I do more exercise but still not lost any weight.

Some people react differently so just be open minded x

Have you changed your diet significantly? I've lost a good amount of weight with it but have had to make major changes to my diet, including giving up alcohol "

Wouldn't doing that without the injections work anyway?

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
16 weeks ago

Central


"I have it as T2 diabetic, not lost 1lb but it has helped my diabetes which is why am on it. I have mounjaro at 5mg and have for 9 months, appetite has massively decreased, I do more exercise but still not lost any weight.

Some people react differently so just be open minded x

Have you changed your diet significantly? I've lost a good amount of weight with it but have had to make major changes to my diet, including giving up alcohol

Wouldn't doing that without the injections work anyway? "

It should do but I, like many others on the medication, find it much easier to stick to the dieting, due to reduced appetite and food noise, etc.

The meds aren't a magic fat melting tool, as some would hope for but they supplement the necessary dieting very well. They add a choice for people who need to lose weight.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
16 weeks ago

For 20 years I have struggled with my weight, every diet every fad under the sun. Gyms, running, pats. All had varying results but any weight lost comes back on.

I have never found it easier to loose weight than since starting the jabs.

I have lost over 3 stone. For me it has completely changed my eating habits. No snacking between meals, no binge eating, not constantly hungry like when trying to diet. The food noise I used to have in my head has gone.

That’s my experience and I’m carrying on. It’s expensive but I can justify it, I get that not many can’t but this, for me, was last chance saloon. My health was only going one way before this

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *opman121Man
16 weeks ago

stoke on Trent

Ok but your skin goes ridiculously lose u need to weigh training as well

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
16 weeks ago

Central


"Ok but your skin goes ridiculously lose u need to weigh training as well "

Everyone has their own unique results, including side effects response. It's the dieting that results in the weight loss - are you stating that everyone on a diet gets 'ridiculously loose...skin'?

That doesn't seem to stack up against the evidence.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *aymuskMan
16 weeks ago

poole

Well I have been reading all comments.I think everyone has there own assumptions about this and should looking more before saying to much .But the thing is it's making alot of people happy and that can't be a bad thing

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *iz..Woman
16 weeks ago

Somewhere Over The Rainbow..

I'm ashamed to say I've lost 16st on mounjaro. 2 years. Never felt better. New mindset. Just don't like my boney coccyx.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *idmanukMan
16 weeks ago

Riddlesden

Mrs has done very well on it too

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *aymuskMan
16 weeks ago

poole

Why do you feel ashamed good on you you done something about it and your happy ppl around are happy well done I say

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ndluxkenMan
16 weeks ago

London

Each person reacts differently so what’s the comparison for? It is not an easy journey- so better be supportive x

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ig daddy 1969Man
16 weeks ago

manchester


"I'm ashamed to say I've lost 16st on mounjaro. 2 years. Never felt better. New mindset. Just don't like my boney coccyx."

Congratulations

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *eekyTattsCoupleCouple
15 weeks ago

Tyne and Wear

I had to stop mounjaro due to developing gallstone issues.

I’ve now started wegovy this week, initially lost 3 pounds, suppression still good but nothing since the first 2 days.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *londebiguyMan
15 weeks ago

Southport


"Ok but your skin goes ridiculously lose u need to weigh training as well

Everyone has their own unique results, including side effects response. It's the dieting that results in the weight loss - are you stating that everyone on a diet gets 'ridiculously loose...skin'?

That doesn't seem to stack up against the evidence. "

Unfortunately,and especially with rapid or extreme weight loss, it's a very real situation that will need to be dealt with in future or you live with it.

Training will help a little but as we age , elasticity of our skin decreases and there is a limit to what we can achieve naturally.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *londebiguyMan
15 weeks ago

Southport


"I'm ashamed to say I've lost 16st on mounjaro. 2 years. Never felt better. New mindset. Just don't like my boney coccyx."

Great result.

Certainly nothing to be ashamed of at all

Be proud of yourself.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ebaucherous_duoCouple
15 weeks ago

Bristol/ Daventry

[Removed by poster at 24/06/26 22:49:04]

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ebaucherous_duoCouple
15 weeks ago

Bristol/ Daventry


"For 20 years I have struggled with my weight, every diet every fad under the sun. Gyms, running, pats. All had varying results but any weight lost comes back on.

I have never found it easier to loose weight than since starting the jabs.

I have lost over 3 stone. For me it has completely changed my eating habits. No snacking between meals, no binge eating, not constantly hungry like when trying to diet. The food noise I used to have in my head has gone.

That’s my experience and I’m carrying on. It’s expensive but I can justify it, I get that not many can’t but this, for me, was last chance saloon. My health was only going one way before this"

Completely agree!! This was my story too. I eat healthily. Exercise more than most (2 massive dogs plus gym), tried everything. Did a weightless dna test. It turns out my body only needs 1400 cal a day. Without the jabs 1400 feels like starvation.

I’m only taking 3/4 of the second level of dosing (0.5mg) to spread it out. Any more I feel sick and rough. Yes I’m losing waaaaya slower than most. Yes it’s costing more. But, life is too short to be miserable and losing weight while being healthy and no food noise is amazing.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *omealone2018Man
14 weeks ago

Farnham

I've been on mounjaro for 12 months. Lost about 35 lbs and had no side effects at all. However, you really need to be strict once you stop them or you'll put some of the weight back. Unfortunately for me, my current situation in life doesn't allow me time to myself or to have a proper food planning so I'm using it for a bit longer until things settle down personally and I can live healthier so I can keep the weight. But I know there have been stomach upset issues for others on the same medicine.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *atpussygood69Man
14 weeks ago

wakefield

I have been on them since mid Jan and I have lost 3.1/2st but I have changed my eating habits and started swimming and doing weights also. They are not cheap paying £260 a month but I am going to wean myself off them.

As for side effects everyone is different I get like a hangover the day after I have taken the jab for a couple of hours that's about it

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *aringcouple666Couple
14 weeks ago

Telford

I get prescribed Mounjaro because I’m diabetic. I’ve been on it for 2 years now….. I lost 93lb in the first 7 months (calorie counting and counting my steps along side it) the last year I’ve not lost any weight but I pretty much eat like normal now so I’m not surprised I’ve not lost anything else. I would highly recommend Mounjaro to anyone wanting to loose weight, it’s amazing stuff!!

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ocknpussy500400 OP   Couple
14 weeks ago

wigan

Thats amazing well done

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ocknpussy500400 OP   Couple
14 weeks ago

wigan

Have you tried retatrutide

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ocknpussy500400 OP   Couple
14 weeks ago

wigan

Thats fabulous well done,you ever thought about retatrutide

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *im_86Man
14 weeks ago

liverpool

My dad was in hospital the other month. Was told by the doctors that the specialist ward he was in, kidney, pancreas etc, was full of people with side effects to these weight loss jabs, so be careful people.

Especially if the deal looks too good to be true, no idea how many dodgy knock off jabs exist these days

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *izandpaulCouple
14 weeks ago

merseyside


"What do people think about weight loss injections and how much are they "

They are an excellent tool to help people with their weight loss journey.

Obviously, like all drugs they have side effects and each person will have to decide if these effects can be tolerated.

Mostly, tummy troubles, heartburn and constipation, some feelings of sickness etc.

The cost is a real consideration.

If you are confident once your desired weight is reached you can then use the meds as a tool to help maintain stable weight or then to use the normal willpower, diet, exercise to maintain.

If you feel you cannot maintain on the normal willpower etc then it could be you will spend thousands of pounds just to end up back where you started or even heavier.

Or, you could use the larger doses to reduce, then small maintenance doses for stability.

There are new drugs in the pipeline waiting for approval and it can be envisaged that some folks will have these type of drug for a lifetime, as there is no doubt the health benefits from substantial weight loss are undeniable but once appetite is suppressed a close watch on diet and muscle building / maintenance regime is important.

In short, its up to you.

As always, chat to your GP and consider the options and as always, best to try an exercise, food, lifestyle option if possible.

The initial cost is around £70 for a 4 dose monthly injectable pen.

The costs then increase up to around £300 per month when you need the higher doses of around 12.5 mg.

It ain't cheap and consideration of what happens when you reach your target weight has to factor into decision making.

Good luck.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ister MeanerMan
14 weeks ago

Manchester

Can appreciate it’s helped a lot of people out who struggle to shift weight the ‘natural way’, but for me the health concerns already coming out of the woodwork is enough of a red flag to not consider it.

Same thing with vaping, it’s been widespread for the best part of a decade now and even back then the risk of ‘Popcorn Lung’ was a subtle rumour doing the rounds, but it’s now more widespread and recognised as a resulting health concern.

Funnily enough this sounds all too familiar when once upon a time smoking was considered good for you, until it was irrefutable that you were doing anything other than healthy when sparking up.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *a LunaWoman
14 weeks ago

Wales


"Can appreciate it’s helped a lot of people out who struggle to shift weight the ‘natural way’, but for me the health concerns already coming out of the woodwork is enough of a red flag to not consider it.

Same thing with vaping, it’s been widespread for the best part of a decade now and even back then the risk of ‘Popcorn Lung’ was a subtle rumour doing the rounds, but it’s now more widespread and recognised as a resulting health concern.

Funnily enough this sounds all too familiar when once upon a time smoking was considered good for you, until it was irrefutable that you were doing anything other than healthy when sparking up."

Do you know the long term consequences of uncontrolled diabetes?

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *omKsubSMan
14 weeks ago

Newton


"Im contemplating them. I spent months training hard with a PT, eating well, doing loads of steps each day. No change in weight (or inches before I get the ‘muscle weighs more than fat’. Even saw a dietician who wanted a month’s worth of food diaries (and I logged everything). They couldn’t understand why I wasn’t losing weight as just food alone and the calorie deficit would have caused weight loss in itself without training on top. I was prescribed weight loss tablets years ago which worked a treat but they’ve since been withdrawn from issue.

All bloods that have been repeated over and over are all normal. I’m done battering myself in the gym, scrutinising everything I eat and denying myself treats now and again and getting nowhere. Can’t stand the thought of injecting myself but it’s once a week and hopefully it’ll be worth it in the long run and I may actually see some results from my hard work.

Life is too short to be miserable!"

Did your bloods include thyroid levels?

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ikely ladMan
14 weeks ago

Hounslow

I use wegovy, I find it okay, the only real side effect I get is a bit of constipation. Wegovy is the cheaper option too.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *rof LukeMan
14 weeks ago

Slough

How well did it work?

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ngry IngridWoman
14 weeks ago

Cardigan


"I use wegovy, I find it okay, the only real side effect I get is a bit of constipation. Wegovy is the cheaper option too. "

Me too. Although have found that if I eat a Galaxy Ripple, I get explosive runs 🙈 (happened twice, linked it with chocolate the 2nd time)

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *londebiguyMan
14 weeks ago

Southport


"Can appreciate it’s helped a lot of people out who struggle to shift weight the ‘natural way’, but for me the health concerns already coming out of the woodwork is enough of a red flag to not consider it.

Same thing with vaping, it’s been widespread for the best part of a decade now and even back then the risk of ‘Popcorn Lung’ was a subtle rumour doing the rounds, but it’s now more widespread and recognised as a resulting health concern.

Funnily enough this sounds all too familiar when once upon a time smoking was considered good for you, until it was irrefutable that you were doing anything other than healthy when sparking up.

Do you know the long term consequences of uncontrolled diabetes?"

Diabetes is fairly easily controlled now.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *izandpaulCouple
14 weeks ago

merseyside


"Can appreciate it’s helped a lot of people out who struggle to shift weight the ‘natural way’, but for me the health concerns already coming out of the woodwork is enough of a red flag to not consider it.

Same thing with vaping, it’s been widespread for the best part of a decade now and even back then the risk of ‘Popcorn Lung’ was a subtle rumour doing the rounds, but it’s now more widespread and recognised as a resulting health concern.

Funnily enough this sounds all too familiar when once upon a time smoking was considered good for you, until it was irrefutable that you were doing anything other than healthy when sparking up."

These type of agonist drugs have been around for a very long time in different forms and are very safe but like all drugs do have side effects but nothing that most people in decent health can't tolerate. The dose can easily be changed should effects become an issue and stopping is extremely easy but can lead to a bounce in weight gain, so a wean off is best.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Central


"My dad was in hospital the other month. Was told by the doctors that the specialist ward he was in, kidney, pancreas etc, was full of people with side effects to these weight loss jabs, so be careful people.

Especially if the deal looks too good to be true, no idea how many dodgy knock off jabs exist these days "

Your scare ref a hospital ward being full of people prescribed this type of medication, needs to be balanced with the evidence of overall improvements to health, that the majority of people get, as well as reductions in major adverse cardiovascular events too.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ust JuicyWoman
14 weeks ago

east london

[Removed by poster at 03/07/26 23:43:08]

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ust JuicyWoman
14 weeks ago

east london


"What do people think about weight loss injections and how much are they

They are an excellent tool to help people with their weight loss journey.

Obviously, like all drugs they have side effects and each person will have to decide if these effects can be tolerated.

Mostly, tummy troubles, heartburn and constipation, some feelings of sickness etc.

The cost is a real consideration.

If you are confident once your desired weight is reached you can then use the meds as a tool to help maintain stable weight or then to use the normal willpower, diet, exercise to maintain.

If you feel you cannot maintain on the normal willpower etc then it could be you will spend thousands of pounds just to end up back where you started or even heavier.

Or, you could use the larger doses to reduce, then small maintenance doses for stability.

There are new drugs in the pipeline waiting for approval and it can be envisaged that some folks will have these type of drug for a lifetime, as there is no doubt the health benefits from substantial weight loss are undeniable but once appetite is suppressed a close watch on diet and muscle building / maintenance regime is important.

In short, its up to you.

As always, chat to your GP and consider the options and as always, best to try an exercise, food, lifestyle option if possible.

The initial cost is around £70 for a 4 dose monthly injectable pen.

The costs then increase up to around £300 per month when you need the higher doses of around 12.5 mg.

It ain't cheap and consideration of what happens when you reach your target weight has to factor into decision making.

Good luck. "

Many people never need to go up to the higher doses to lose a healthy amount of weight at a healthily , my advice is do your own research and chat to your GP and ask questions. Also don’t start unless you know you are going to be able to fund it for a while

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ust JuicyWoman
14 weeks ago

east london


"Some people have lost a lot, a lot of weight with them. Complete transformations. If that helps them, the more power to them.

Personally, I didn’t want to pay over £200 a month for something I could do on my own initiative. But I didn’t have that much weight to lose in the first place. I’ve lost 2 stone with lifestyle changes and still have another stone to lose.

I have diabetes 2 so in theory eligible for them on the NHS but my BMI was never high enough for them to prescribe it to me.

It seems they are a very good medicine. If people are able to use them to aid a healthier lifestyle, great. 🩷🎀"

I’m one of those people - they enabled me to change my lifestyle

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *estivalMan
14 weeks ago

borehamwood

They are great idea to help people with starting to lose weight, problem i see with them is a lot of t dint do anything to keep the weight off, so if you stop the jab weight comes back on, and doung the jab constantly will cause damage of some sort, so yea good idea to help with weight loss but pointless if its not being used along with people changing there diet and exercising

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *inky duo 100Couple
14 weeks ago

Lancaster


"If my understanding is correct it’s a GLP1 blocker. It interferes with appetite and urge to eat. It also interferes with what gets digested/absorbed. So far so good.

Lack of appetite and not absorbing enough nutrients is ofcourse not great!

Also it’s been reported that it causes muscle mass loss, maybe fats too. But muscle mass is worrying!

Muscles are not only those showy biceps and abs, but heart muscles, muscles in the arteries probably will all get affected indiscriminately.

I can not imagine it be good long term and would rather avoid and try something else.

Caution; stopping is also not as straightforward as one would think. The lost muscle mass gets replaced with fats!

I think the Pharma industry is again pushing irresponsibly a medication that isn’t fully researched.

Let’s wait and see"

. Totally agree with this , everyone can lose weight the natural way without injecting drugs , go to the gym weight train , walk as much as you can manage everyday, stop eating rubbish and fill up on healthy food instead and stay in calorie deficit and your body with definitely improve in so many ways..

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *onQuicheLongMan
13 weeks ago

Solihull


"If my understanding is correct it’s a GLP1 blocker. It interferes with appetite and urge to eat. It also interferes with what gets digested/absorbed. So far so good.

Lack of appetite and not absorbing enough nutrients is ofcourse not great!

Also it’s been reported that it causes muscle mass loss, maybe fats too. But muscle mass is worrying!

Muscles are not only those showy biceps and abs, but heart muscles, muscles in the arteries probably will all get affected indiscriminately.

I can not imagine it be good long term and would rather avoid and try something else.

Caution; stopping is also not as straightforward as one would think. The lost muscle mass gets replaced with fats!

I think the Pharma industry is again pushing irresponsibly a medication that isn’t fully researched.

Let’s wait and see. Totally agree with this , everyone can lose weight the natural way without injecting drugs , go to the gym weight train , walk as much as you can manage everyday, stop eating rubbish and fill up on healthy food instead and stay in calorie deficit and your body with definitely improve in so many ways.."

That's the whole point of the jabs, some people don't have the same biochemistry to cause satiation. If it was as easy as just deciding not to eat bad food, and go to the gym more, people would.

The whole point of a GLP-1 is it triggers satiation easier so you people don't eat as much. It slows down digestion, keeping you fuller for longer allowing you to return to a healthier food intake.

GIP then increases your insulin sensitivity, meaning you get a better insulin spike to help your body utilise fats more effectively.

The benefits of theses single and double agonising peptides, even in people who would be considered just outside a healthy bodyweight is staggering. And that's before you get into the realms of the stuff not on the shelves.

There's a world of stuff out there, and more people are biohacking themselves every day. Don't want to get on a sunbed? Melanotan. Dodgy joints? BPC.

All these jabs are working wonders for people, and they're all naturally occurring within the body, but we have varying levels from person to person.

Mounjaro is no different to weight loss to a knee brace with running. You've still got to do the work, it's just that help to stop you failing.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *onQuicheLongMan
13 weeks ago

Solihull


"Can appreciate it’s helped a lot of people out who struggle to shift weight the ‘natural way’, but for me the health concerns already coming out of the woodwork is enough of a red flag to not consider it.

Same thing with vaping, it’s been widespread for the best part of a decade now and even back then the risk of ‘Popcorn Lung’ was a subtle rumour doing the rounds, but it’s now more widespread and recognised as a resulting health concern.

Funnily enough this sounds all too familiar when once upon a time smoking was considered good for you, until it was irrefutable that you were doing anything other than healthy when sparking up."

Zero confirmed cases of popcorn lung in the UK. Not saying they're good, just correcting that point.

These "drugs" in the pens are naturally occurring within the body anyway, what the pens do is allow people who have lower levels naturally occurring to boost the level (and those who choose to to enhance their levels)

The side effects of the peptides are minimal compared with things like AAS's

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *dventure.AwaitsCouple
13 weeks ago

Godstone

I used them for 10 weeks. I lost a stone had such bad side effects with stomach issues I did stop. It’s swings and roundabouts some people it works for and some not. A few years ago I lost 9 stone but didn’t maintain it. It’s all in the mindset really eating less and moving more. But it’s not always that easy.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *dinburghWomanWoman
13 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I’ve been thinking about getting the weight loss pills, apparently you can lose about 30 pounds in about 24 weeks. What you can lose with normal eating changes, why would you pay money ?

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *a LunaWoman
13 weeks ago

Wales


"Can appreciate it’s helped a lot of people out who struggle to shift weight the ‘natural way’, but for me the health concerns already coming out of the woodwork is enough of a red flag to not consider it.

Same thing with vaping, it’s been widespread for the best part of a decade now and even back then the risk of ‘Popcorn Lung’ was a subtle rumour doing the rounds, but it’s now more widespread and recognised as a resulting health concern.

Funnily enough this sounds all too familiar when once upon a time smoking was considered good for you, until it was irrefutable that you were doing anything other than healthy when sparking up.

Do you know the long term consequences of uncontrolled diabetes?

Diabetes is fairly easily controlled now."

Only if you know you have it.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *orruptionandliesMan
13 weeks ago

Leeds

Made my appetite completely drop off which wasn't a bad thing but was also doing 4 x 5kms a week

It also stopped me drinking loads

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *elvet VenomWoman
13 weeks ago

Torbay

I was prescribed them by the hospital. side effects were unpleasant. considering how much weight I have to loose i only did 3 stone in just under a year. I then ended up in hospital with acute pancreatitis and having emergency gall bladder removal. its not right for everyone and can be dangerous, especially if u are not weight training as it targets muscle.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *onQuicheLongMan
13 weeks ago

Solihull

It doesn't actually target muscle. The degradation comes from diet. If you cant get the 1g per lb target weight protein in to sustain the jabs by food, drink it.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ikely ladMan
13 weeks ago

Hounslow


"I use wegovy, I find it okay, the only real side effect I get is a bit of constipation. Wegovy is the cheaper option too.

Me too. Although have found that if I eat a Galaxy Ripple, I get explosive runs 🙈 (happened twice, linked it with chocolate the 2nd time) "

I've not had any chocolate to be honest. I might just give it a wide birth now haha. Milk made me ill when I was talking Mounjaro. I was uncontrollably sick 🤢

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *b03Man
13 weeks ago

Exeter

They're expensive, but they really do work and I think a net positive for people who have serious or life limiting weight issues or caused by non lifestyle factors.

With that said.. you're basically injecting extremely amped up super version of a hormone your body makes and have evolved to keep in balance since becoming cavemen...

You certainly shouldn't be taking it if you don't need to! This is an extremely powerful drug with known side and unknown side effects and as research continues, perhaps more.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ombikerMan
12 weeks ago

the right side of the river

These weight loss jabs seem to be showing worrying side effects and remember they were not developed for weight loss originally but for diabetes treatments. Apparently there is a 2 billion dollar lawsuit against one of the better known jab because of a thyroid cancer side effect that was covered up.

Not to be a tin foil hat type but the pharma industry is probably one of the most untrustworthy industries out there, known to suppress known cures in order to promote long term treatments amongst other very questionable practices.

What were we talking about again.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

12 weeks ago

East Sussex


"These weight loss jabs seem to be showing worrying side effects and remember they were not developed for weight loss originally but for diabetes treatments. Apparently there is a 2 billion dollar lawsuit against one of the better known jab because of a thyroid cancer side effect that was covered up.

Not to be a tin foil hat type but the pharma industry is probably one of the most untrustworthy industries out there, known to suppress known cures in order to promote long term treatments amongst other very questionable practices.

What were we talking about again. "

Is there any actual evidence to support your claim that cures are being suppressed?

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ussymufferMan
12 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

I had terrible experience with ozempic.

I couldn't leave the house most days because I had bad diarrhea with it.

I just stopped taking it and put it in the bin

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *candiumWoman
11 weeks ago

oban

I've taken them all at various times. Didn't get any appetite suppression or reduced food noise with any of them. No side effects either though and I did eat healthier. The nature of the noise changed.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
11 weeks ago

I’ve lost 5st since October I feel so much better in myself and I’m glad I started taking them, it’s given me the motivation to kick on and lose more

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *atpussygood69Man
10 weeks ago

wakefield

They are expensive but work I have lost nearly 4st since late Jan.

I do have side effects as it's a strong dose mainly forget to drink water

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *eaches254Woman
10 weeks ago

Bury


"Many years ago I met a male couple who wanted a spit roast with me. It was quite possibly the best sex I've ever had"

This 😂 tickled me…

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *im and Her MeowCouple
10 weeks ago

dorset

I know someone if you want them

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ertcoupleCouple
10 weeks ago

Welwyn Garden City

Mother in law was on it now she has kidney problems so be careful

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *otwifecouple1004Couple
8 weeks ago

Cardiff/kos

I have lost 5 stone. Got no issues. I didnt have side effects.

Husband is on a small dose weekly because it keeps his diabetes in remission and enables him to drink and eat what he wants rather than control the diabetes with diet

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *teelCityCoupleCouple
7 weeks ago

Sheffield

I lost 5.5stone with mounjaro but put 1 stone back on when I came off over October to June now on Wegovy up to 1mg and I've had the most horrible day of being bed bound with nausea and headache That will teach me for taking it after a curry, roast and wine

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *r WalnutMan
7 weeks ago

Chelmsford

I need these

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *antaCarlaCouple
7 weeks ago

Cardiff

[Removed by poster at 20/08/26 15:05:03]

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *antaCarlaCouple
7 weeks ago

Cardiff

When I started on mounjaro, it was good and lost weight and improved how I felt. Got too expensive so now have moved into reta which I feel has been great. With everything else, good body recomp and food noise is not there. So I'm loving it. It doesn't work for everyone though.

Of course, I've also gone down the rabbit hole of trying other peptides now.

Semax - for focus - didn't really do anything for me but works for others

PT141 - sex drive and desire - not tried it yet but getting it delivered this week and it sounds great.

KLOW - Good for healing and getting smoother skin - I think it's working but hard to say, will keep taking it for now.

Don't think I need the Melanotan but I hear that's good for getting a good tan 😁

Plus got loads of others I want to try next.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
7 weeks ago

The few people l know on it because of diabetes have lost loads. Also l know a woman that pays privately for them lost 3 stone. Be intrested if these tablets work just as well seen them cheapest £50 per month

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *r WalnutMan
7 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reta sounds quite good, ive read some good reviews on it

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ousteau72Man
7 weeks ago

Wombourne

I'm torn on this one because on one hand, some people who struggle with their weight need a bit of help and if it works for them then why not.

However, my concern is the long term health effects. Nobody really knows. That said, being obese can also damage your health, so it's a bit of a catch 22.

Some might say, why don't you exercise or eat less? But I'm sure if it were that easy, everyone who wanted to lose weight would.

I suppose, whatever works for you.

Ps: I'm getting splinters in my backside being sat on the fence so much! Ha

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *r WalnutMan
7 weeks ago

Chelmsford

I used to be a gym nut, but went through a mental breakdown after my marriage broke down and piled weight on.

Being a builder im on my feet all day and active, trouble is now I physically hurt after a days work and struggle to do any exercise because of that and I have a high pain threshold.

Yes I have tried dieting and intermittent fasting but nothing seems to work.

I have to work out and exercise the keep my weight down.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *sWyldWoman
7 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Id I hadn't struggled with the side effects I'd likely still be on it and a size 12. Sadly I couldn't cope with being ao sick and I'm still not a size 12.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
7 weeks ago

Central


"The few people l know on it because of diabetes have lost loads. Also l know a woman that pays privately for them lost 3 stone. Be intrested if these tablets work just as well seen them cheapest £50 per month "

Everyone reacts differently to each of the meds, including the form they are produced in. The strongest results, of UK licensed meds, seems to be from Mounjaro, an injectable med.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *r WalnutMan
7 weeks ago

Chelmsford

But, you look amazing

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *pike159Man
7 weeks ago

Portsmouth

I'm on mounjaro for my type 2 as I didn't want statins... the side effects are amazing.. lost 3 stone in a year.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *luid and FilthyCouple
7 weeks ago

Anglesey

I tried and it exasperated an existing liver issue so had to stop them

Never got over the start dose

But did get results quite quickly

This was semaglutide

So did it the long slog way. 13 stone off 2 to go

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ill69888Couple
7 weeks ago

cheltenham

Not keen on taking any medication to be honest. Vast majority can lose the weight without taking the jabs but most don’t want to put the effort in to doing that.

Unpopular opinion but people generally become overweight due to lazy/sedentary lifestyle and poor diet. Both of which can be changed without medication.

Also, it is quite obvious to see who is taking the jabs and who are losing the weight sensibly…. Have a look at necks of people taking the jab.

Life choices I guess

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ousteau72Man
7 weeks ago

Wombourne


"Not keen on taking any medication to be honest. Vast majority can lose the weight without taking the jabs but most don’t want to put the effort in to doing that.

Unpopular opinion but people generally become overweight due to lazy/sedentary lifestyle and poor diet. Both of which can be changed without medication.

Also, it is quite obvious to see who is taking the jabs and who are losing the weight sensibly…. Have a look at necks of people taking the jab.

Life choices I guess "

You're not allowed to say this. Granted, it's possibly true but the woke police don't allow it anymore.

But do you know how much money obesity costs the NHS?

I blame McDonald's! Lol

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *candiumWoman
5 weeks ago

oban


"

Unpopular opinion but people generally become overweight due to lazy/sedentary lifestyle and poor diet. Both of which can be changed without medication.

"

I've spent more than 40 years trying to change these and failed. Simply telling fat people they are failures and not trying hard enough doesn't work.

Weight loss jobs are not a quick fix, its still bloody hard work

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

5 weeks ago

O o O oo


"

Unpopular opinion but people generally become overweight due to lazy/sedentary lifestyle and poor diet. Both of which can be changed without medication.

I've spent more than 40 years trying to change these and failed. Simply telling fat people they are failures and not trying hard enough doesn't work.

Weight loss jobs are not a quick fix, its still bloody hard work"

People who tend to stay slim naturally will never understand people who struggle to stay within a good weight range ( doctors ranges are really harsh for me )

I was with a man who could eat anything he liked and could never put on weight ( he wanted to put some on ) He used to have twice as much as me on his dinner plate, eat snacks inbetween meals, loved chocolate, the amount of calories he ate was unreal and yet always stayed the same weight. Even when he stopped doing his manual job he stayed the same weight without dropping how much food he ate. Yet if I went over a maintaining calorie allowance that would be me putting on weight straight away.

I knew a woman who could eat the same as the person above and she had the same attitude as the post you quoted. She had a third baby and something changed in her and anything she ate over what a normal person would eat made her put on weight...she changed her mind about "people generally become overweight due to lazy/sedentary lifestyle and poor diet" after that.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ineapple_turnoverCouple
5 weeks ago

London

It's absolutely incredible the number of people that have an opinion on this based on absolutely nothing but their own view fat people.

Op, the only advice you should take is from health professionals and people who have actually tried it and have some experience to share.

Good luck

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ananaHammock8Man
5 weeks ago

colchester

So many people at my work on them, same people that haven't tried exercise or change diet!!!! What do they think will happen when they come off of them.... im in a battle to stop smoking at the moment and got no help its my hard work and will power

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
5 weeks ago

What works for some people won’t for others, if people try the jabs and they work for them that’s great and uses them as a tool in changing their mindset about what and how much they eat and exercise and lifestyle change great!! But for the ones who use them instead of diet and exercise your wasting your money

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *a LunaWoman
5 weeks ago

Wales

Jesus, why do people get their knickers in a twist about how other people lose their weight?

Fat people can’t win. One minute folk are moaning about how these fat folk are a burden to Society, the next they are bitching because they paid for and took a jab that helps with food cravings. They are NOT a miracle cure, you still have to exercise and watch what you eat in most cases to get any significant loss.

What is it some of you are so bitter about? The fact some people can afford to spend £200 plus a month on these injections? The fact they are not watching every calorie they eat? The fact they are not in the gym for hours? The fact that you perceive them to be doing it the easy way, well damn it they are fat, they SHOULD SUFFER.

And being able to tell someone has lost all their weight on the injections because of their neck is a load of shite, frankly.

Anybody who loses more than a couple of stone in weight AND who is over a certain age will have telltale skin signs.

The skin loses elasticity as we get older, skin sags, wrinkles etc.

Honestly, some of you are just bitter.

You just want to keep folk down.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *asygoing16Man
5 weeks ago

Bury St Edmunds


"What do people think about weight loss injections and how much are they "

At my heaviest I was 136kg, today I am 114kg.

I've gone from a 42in waiste to a 36in waiste and back into an XL polo shirt.

Back in May I ordered some new Polos, all XXXL and they drown me now.

BMI has gone from 38 down to 31.3 and falling.

Personally, I don't want to go any smaller or lighter. I'll be more than happy to sit at 110kg (17st 4lbs).

I'm back in the gym, pain and ache free. (my personal history was in sport at a high level). There's a lot less pressure on my back, hips and knees.

I know everyone says this, but diet is key. You need to keep your protein intake high and also other things like Vit D.

If you go down the GLP-1 route, then it would be wise to get back in the gym too and also invest in a good whey protein that suppliments GLP-1.

For me, it has worked. I was losing weight anyway and got from 136kg to 130kg without the jabs....

Good luck. Make the choice for yourself, your heart and your pancreas.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *an_LaraCouple
5 weeks ago

Thanet

I’m a big fan of working out and earning your weight and fitness, people have had ab and bicep implants and I think that’s great but better to earn it.

For the weight loss drugs though these are great, we all have different metabolisms, I’ve never really had any weight issues and can eat whatever I want. I would be interested though if the GLP1 would even help me to cut out the bad snacks and get a permanent 6 pack. As for the benefits?? Maybe the reduction in inflammation will stop dementia, heart disease etc … great stuff great science

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *unladforuMan
5 weeks ago

Wigton

Exactly that !

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *rsensationukMan
5 weeks ago

never far away


"It should go without saying but don't inject yourself with anything not given to you by a British doctor or pharmacist from licensed premises (unless you live in another country of course).

Last week someone turned out to be injecting themelves with windcreen wash, with predictable results.

20/20 vision?"

This is my kind of reply.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
5 weeks ago

Central


"I’m a big fan of working out and earning your weight and fitness, people have had ab and bicep implants and I think that’s great but better to earn it.

For the weight loss drugs though these are great, we all have different metabolisms, I’ve never really had any weight issues and can eat whatever I want. I would be interested though if the GLP1 would even help me to cut out the bad snacks and get a permanent 6 pack. As for the benefits?? Maybe the reduction in inflammation will stop dementia, heart disease etc … great stuff great science"

Even on the weightloss meds, you'd still need to make the dietary changes to achieve results. It's a multi pronged approach, with the meds facilitating. Plus, as with all medication, individual results vary.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *uicy_peach79Woman
5 weeks ago

Edinburgh


"I’m a big fan of working out and earning your weight and fitness, people have had ab and bicep implants and I think that’s great but better to earn it.

For the weight loss drugs though these are great, we all have different metabolisms, I’ve never really had any weight issues and can eat whatever I want. I would be interested though if the GLP1 would even help me to cut out the bad snacks and get a permanent 6 pack. As for the benefits?? Maybe the reduction in inflammation will stop dementia, heart disease etc … great stuff great science

Even on the weightloss meds, you'd still need to make the dietary changes to achieve results. It's a multi pronged approach, with the meds facilitating. Plus, as with all medication, individual results vary.

"

Yes it's a complete lifestyle change I notice if I eat too much I don't lose any weight same if I don't exercise. I was put on ozempic for diabetes management

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *aylad2026Man
5 weeks ago

rugeley

Ive used Mounjaro and lost 9 stone over 12 months on it. It worked wonders for me. No serious side effects. Helped me stay consistent. Ive tried diets and always seem to stall at 2 stone loss. But this medication allowed me to stay consistent and allow more weightloss. I still use it today but on a low dose and I intend on using it for life. Its my choice and my body. We treat other conditions I.e high blood pressure with medicines so why cant we treat obesity long term to? Aslong its safe to do so under clinical supervision.

I found when I lost a significant amount of weight people's opinions changed of me, im still me. Just skinner and happier. I think people who dont have issues with their weight dont understand, they assume obese people are all lazy and that's not true. And if anyone reads this and wants to use Mounjaro or other GLP1s go for it, don't allow another person to judge you. You do what's best for you! Im glad I did it.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *urry BlokeMan
4 weeks ago

I take mounjaro for diabetes control and have done for circa 14 months

This was GP prescribed

I haven't lost much weight from it at all (maybe around a stone in total) despite an almost complete loss of appetite

The upside is that it has served it's intended purpose with my diabetes readings dropping to pre-diabetes levels

The downside is that I have lost mass and now have areas of saggy skin - tops of arms, tops of legs and my arse has as many sags as a well used carrier bag

This has left me with a complete lack of body confidence

Whilst I can do cardio exercises, I have existing medical conditions meaning that lifting weights etc to gain muscle is not advised

This is more of a brain dump post, but interested to hear from others who, whilst enjoying better physical health, have been left with less body confidence than they had before the jabs

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *hrizm12Man
4 weeks ago

Mansfield

They definitely work! We get Reta for £135 for a 30mg pen which lasts months, depending on dose.

Looked into it for some time to weigh up the positives and negatives and positives far outweigh any possible negatives.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *arialoueWoman
4 weeks ago

Doncaster

My friend is on the weight loss jab , it don't seem to be working he's not lost anything in the past 6 months, more like maintaining his weight

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *inchyorksMan
4 weeks ago

huddersfield

It’s worked for me, dropped 6.5 stone in last 18 months, on a low dose and lots of exercise, but I needed the jab to get a state where I could exercise

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Central


"My friend is on the weight loss jab , it don't seem to be working he's not lost anything in the past 6 months, more like maintaining his weight "

There are several medications now and everybody reacts to them each differently. People usually start at the lowest dose and continue to progress, if effective or change medication or doses, etc. The prescriber would be expected to review results and effects regularly. Some people are put on maintenance doses, to maintain their weight, rather than losing more - but I'm assuming your friend isn't in that position.

It doesn't sound very effective for them, if they've had it for several months, have changed their diet and not lost weight. It's important that people still have to change their diet, otherwise the same lifestyle before and after meditation, would probably mean no weight is lost. Normally, after a few weeks, the meds stabilise and they become effective.

The unusual thing is that the licensed prescriber would be responsible for reviewing progress, whilst issuing further prescriptions. If doses have been increased, for example, whilst no weight has been lost, wouldn't be generally standard, unless it's not being prescribed for weight loss.

All that said, dieting and losing weight can be very hard - the meds can give a step up to help, by reducing some causes of hunger. They're not guaranteed to have every user to lose weight though - they'll have to diet consistently and thus the support they get, can be helpful for this.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside


"My friend is on the weight loss jab , it don't seem to be working he's not lost anything in the past 6 months, more like maintaining his weight "

Not too sure where your friend is purchasing their jab but the prescribers don't seem to be monitoring as the dose should be increased each month as tolerable alongside weight loss monitoring.

Either your friend is telling fibs, they are obtaining from a less than reputable source or stayed on starter dose, mainly due to cost, the starter dose of say 2.5mg will not be effective as its mostly used to check the patient can tolerate these types of medication, once tolerated then dose is increased until a steady weight loss is obtained.

Either contact prescriber or company selling him the jab and ask for clarification or move to a different company.

All online companies like Bolt show cheap prices but this is for starter doses, the price rises quite rapidly once dose increases, almost all suppliers charge about the same.

Good luck.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *candiumWoman
4 weeks ago

oban


"My friend is on the weight loss jab , it don't seem to be working he's not lost anything in the past 6 months, more like maintaining his weight "

This was my issue. I did eat healthier as it changed the nature of my cravings but I didn't lose any weight.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *omeotherguyMan
4 weeks ago

Sheffield/London/Derbyshire

Do some research on protein intake and the jabs.

The body will eat muscle as well as fat to get energy when in calorie deficit, which gives folks a distinctive flat bum that is associated with these jabs, but also loses overall strength and shape.

Taking protein ensures you have your normal muscle repair happening. Even better if you pair it with some gym work, even if light.

The lady I know that took the jabs also did very low doses, but she lost loads of weight. But I don't think she was eating enough, she had one meal a day, usually a fish or Feta/Halloumi salad and I think it would have been about 600-700 calories, leaving her with a huge deficit for her size.

She seems healthy enough but to me it all sounds like to much too fast.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *atnip make me purrWoman
4 weeks ago

Reading


"Do some research on protein intake and the jabs.

The body will eat muscle as well as fat to get energy when in calorie deficit, which gives folks a distinctive flat bum that is associated with these jabs, but also loses overall strength and shape.

Taking protein ensures you have your normal muscle repair happening. Even better if you pair it with some gym work, even if light.

The lady I know that took the jabs also did very low doses, but she lost loads of weight. But I don't think she was eating enough, she had one meal a day, usually a fish or Feta/Halloumi salad and I think it would have been about 600-700 calories, leaving her with a huge deficit for her size.

She seems healthy enough but to me it all sounds like to much too fast."

I have lost a lot of muscle and I feel it doing every day tasks. Climbing stairs opening tins can be a challenge. Unfortunately I have other health conditions that make most types of exercise a huge challenge but yes you must do strength training exercises. I have diabetes so the shot is part of my medication to solve that issue.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Central


"Do some research on protein intake and the jabs.

The body will eat muscle as well as fat to get energy when in calorie deficit, which gives folks a distinctive flat bum that is associated with these jabs, but also loses overall strength and shape.

Taking protein ensures you have your normal muscle repair happening. Even better if you pair it with some gym work, even if light.

The lady I know that took the jabs also did very low doses, but she lost loads of weight. But I don't think she was eating enough, she had one meal a day, usually a fish or Feta/Halloumi salad and I think it would have been about 600-700 calories, leaving her with a huge deficit for her size.

She seems healthy enough but to me it all sounds like to much too fast."

It definitely sounds like much too fast a weightloss approach and potentially unhealthy. Slow, progressive weightloss is the ideal, with the accompanying right nutrition. Unfortunately, as we've seen since time immemorial, there are a lot of people who are so desperate to lose weight too quickly. It tends not to be sustainable weight loss in the longer term.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *hromakeyDreamcoatMan
4 weeks ago

Carlisle


"Do some research on protein intake and the jabs.

The body will eat muscle as well as fat to get energy when in calorie deficit, which gives folks a distinctive flat bum that is associated with these jabs, but also loses overall strength and shape.

Taking protein ensures you have your normal muscle repair happening. Even better if you pair it with some gym work, even if light.

The lady I know that took the jabs also did very low doses, but she lost loads of weight. But I don't think she was eating enough, she had one meal a day, usually a fish or Feta/Halloumi salad and I think it would have been about 600-700 calories, leaving her with a huge deficit for her size.

She seems healthy enough but to me it all sounds like to much too fast."

Add to this that the older we get, the less elasticity our skin has, so weight loss at too high a rate will result in a load of excess skin just hanging around.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *iking 777Man
3 weeks ago

Wick

On my 2nd week now , lost a bit already l think

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
3 weeks ago

I'm good friends with a lady who specialises in non-invasive plastic surgery, worldwide award winning consultant, if she says fat jabs are bad, id tend to believe her .

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ittlemisssubby123Woman
3 weeks ago

Bridgend

Four months in on wegovy and lost 1 1/2 stone. It's nice to not be driven by cravings. Taken up weights and starting to get fitter. Nutrition is important because you're putting less food in your body so it's important to make sure you're getting everything you need. The only side effects I've had to date have been sugar crashes and my sugar levels adjust which was worst when you up the dose. I'm on 1 milligram and that seems right for me for maintenance. Confident I'm going to lost more because it's just so easy to turn down fatty food and I've barely started really exercising just yet.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
3 weeks ago

Central


"I'm good friends with a lady who specialises in non-invasive plastic surgery, worldwide award winning consultant, if she says fat jabs are bad, id tend to believe her . "

She might have a conflict of interest plus be a specialist in an unrelated field. Has she published research evidence, in respected scientific journals, on any of these medications? It would be helpful to know what they are, once peer reviewed.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ete vfrMan
3 weeks ago

Morley Leeds


"What do people think about weight loss injections and how much are they "

From what friends have told me there are lots of side effects. And no one yet knows the long term effects.

So personally I would leave them alone unless they are of a health benefit to you.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *hatmeetfunMan
3 weeks ago

Chelsea

Let’s not overthink.

Weight loss jabs are a tool. There are several tools. One is calorie control / exercise. One is surgery. One is jabs / tablets.

Jabs are regarded as safe and fine as long as you titrate your dose properly, eat sensibly and change your lifestyle. If you don’t do the last bit then you will put the weight back on around 4-6 months after you stop.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By (user no longer on site)
3 weeks ago


"I'm good friends with a lady who specialises in non-invasive plastic surgery, worldwide award winning consultant, if she says fat jabs are bad, id tend to believe her .

She might have a conflict of interest plus be a specialist in an unrelated field. Has she published research evidence, in respected scientific journals, on any of these medications? It would be helpful to know what they are, once peer reviewed. "

Not at all buddy, she was obese from an early age, went to Turkey for surgery, was in ICU in Ireland for 6 months after they butchered her in Turkey and nearly died on the flight home. She studied and got her PhD and countless degrees and masters ,and promised no other girl would go through what she went through. Literally world famous, has a column in an Irish broadsheet.

Some people just do it because it's the right thing to do.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ympho6969Woman
3 weeks ago

glasgow

Getting it prescribed in scotland is like finding unicorns. I know several morbidly obese type 2 diabetics that have been rejected. One of which physically can't exercise due to disability.

I didnt even try and started last week through a pharmacy

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *unkissedYorkieMan
3 weeks ago

BRADFORD/LEEDS

In the short term they are pretty good. But if you do some research people are finding long term effects of them.

Also if you are losing a lot of weight. You will end up with loose and flappy skin because you lost it too fast and your body didn't have time to adjust. Surgery is then needed to remove that

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *a LunaWoman
3 weeks ago

Wales


"In the short term they are pretty good. But if you do some research people are finding long term effects of them.

Also if you are losing a lot of weight. You will end up with loose and flappy skin because you lost it too fast and your body didn't have time to adjust. Surgery is then needed to remove that "

I think the majority who struggle after giving up the injections are those who use it for cosmetic weight loss (as opposed to medical).

I have been put on it by my Dr as I have Type 2 diabetes and my sugars were sky high, in their high 20’s at my pre book in for the jab. My Dr was shook.

My recent bloods that I have taken at home are down to 5.2, which frankly is amazing. That’s after 2 months.

That said I’m not just taking the jab and expecting it to do all the work. I am watching what I eat and I am exercising (walking) more (and weights) and trying to increase my steps week by week.

The jabs are NOT a miracle cure. Yes they work in the short term to lose weight, but to maintain that weight loss you have to sort your diet/exercise regime out.

My Dr told me explicitly that I was not on it for weight loss. I was put on it for blood sugars (otherwise it would have been insulin). Any weight loss would be a side effect only. I have lost weight, but it hasn’t fallen off like social media vids would have you believe. It is slow but steady.

I have previously lost over 7 stone myself in the past and I have had 2 kids, so I fully anticipate that I will look like a melted candle, albeit I am doing kettlebell weight exercises alongside my walking. But I am 51 and realistic.

It is more important for me to be healthy enough to continue to care for my mum and my youngest who is autistic, far into the future, not what I look like in the mirror (although a smaller dress size is always nice).

Being fat has risks, the jabs have risks. You just have to pick your poison.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *hocstickMan
3 weeks ago

A log cabin, far far away

Get out there and exercise. These weight loss injections will have side effects and when people start experiencing side effects they'll have other issues. The best way to lose weight is exercise, be active, be social. It's a lost art these days and it's sad to see. A friend of mine was thinking about the jab but then decided to start going on walks daily and the money she'd have spent on the jabs she saved and spent on new clothes. She's lost 3 stone just by changing her diet slighty and exercising and no has a brand new wardrobe. She said its the biggest sense of achievement rather than relying on a jab.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
3 weeks ago

Central


"Get out there and exercise. These weight loss injections will have side effects and when people start experiencing side effects they'll have other issues. The best way to lose weight is exercise, be active, be social. It's a lost art these days and it's sad to see. A friend of mine was thinking about the jab but then decided to start going on walks daily and the money she'd have spent on the jabs she saved and spent on new clothes. She's lost 3 stone just by changing her diet slighty and exercising and no has a brand new wardrobe. She said its the biggest sense of achievement rather than relying on a jab."

The injections don't come without the need for dieting and exercise, they do make weight loss more likely to be sustained and effective, compared to not using them.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
3 weeks ago

Central


"In the short term they are pretty good. But if you do some research people are finding long term effects of them.

Also if you are losing a lot of weight. You will end up with loose and flappy skin because you lost it too fast and your body didn't have time to adjust. Surgery is then needed to remove that "

Most people don't need to have surgical skin removal, due to the slow, progressive weight loss that these meds can enable. Fast, huge amounts of weight loss are not healthy, not the objective of them, thank goodness.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *unseekers888Couple
2 weeks ago

Southampton

[Removed by poster at 20/09/26 09:06:57]

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *arnicleBillMan
2 weeks ago

ZOGG

My partner gets in on prescription,and had accumulated 6 months supply so l tried it.

Lost a lot of weight quickly but sat in the shitter a lot farted for England so l stopped weight came back with a vengence.

Now watch what l eat and drink and weight is slowly going.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *lutncuckCouple
2 weeks ago

Romford

So rightfully or not I've been getting the new one and when it goes on sale then its going to change your way of thinking.

I have been on it since April and I've lost 2 stone nearly.

I don't have food noise

No blurry vision

Yes you don't shit right if you eat the wrong thing so don't. I've not exercised a muscle and I can still drink wine.

I'm glad To be taken it and I'm sure once I stop it will still be there if I need it.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *onathanjonesMan
2 weeks ago

Chester

[Removed by poster at 20/09/26 11:24:51]

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *r DiverseMan
2 weeks ago

Home

For some i feel its needed, that little push to get you started

But you need to get the right mentality alongside it to form better habits, build in some exercise that works for you

I’ll be honest I hit some lows during Covid, like a lot of people and the a nasty injury at the end of Covid times so had piled on some weight a massive dairy milk bar was going in no time sat watching a film

So became a jabber which was a huge decision as I hate needles and alongside better eating plan because my diet was pretty awful, and focusing on some exercise I shifted 14kg and then some more, no longer a jabber, weight fluctuates a bit but with the gym and better eating habits, I am happier with my physique, no crazy diets or anything

Currently on another rehab stage after an injury so still work to be done

Hope that helps anyone weighing up what to do

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ilsha211Man
2 weeks ago

Abertillery

Started on mounjaro August 2025, lost 6 stone, helped me get motivated with the gym, changed my eating habits, been off it since June, maintained diet minimal side effects. They are worth it in my opinion but an expensive way of losing weight

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *roticfunmanMan
2 weeks ago

the North

I used one of the pens for 5 months and lost 4 stones no real side effects apart from not wanting to eat . As part of my journey I have changed my life considerably. Gym 4 times a week and cycling when I can. Keeping the weight off isn't easy as the call of food (noise) is still in the background and I do have to focus on not grazing The main learning was changing my lifestyle to bring in more exercise and particularly weight focused made the main maintenance difference. when you use these drugs it's an aid . What was important for me was to levearge that into a new world of experience.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *iking 777Man
2 weeks ago

Wick

Lost 8kg in 2 and a bit weeks so far in the jab

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *helovesitwetCouple
2 weeks ago

Bournemouth


"It should go without saying but don't inject yourself with anything not given to you by a British doctor or pharmacist from licensed premises (unless you live in another country of course).

Last week someone turned out to be injecting themelves with windcreen wash, with predictable results."

a clean bill of health .but moods made him clearly transparent

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ixFootSevenBlueEyesMan
2 weeks ago

Warsash


"What do people think about weight loss injections and how much are they "

I find the mental question around them interesting… is it an easy way out? Is it a medical miracle? Have we been conditioned to see “losing weight” as needing to be tough and earned?

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *hadowSirenWoman
2 weeks ago

Wales


"What do people think about weight loss injections and how much are they

I find the mental question around them interesting… is it an easy way out? Is it a medical miracle? Have we been conditioned to see “losing weight” as needing to be tough and earned? "

So I can say to this it is absolutely not an easy way out. Just because you have them doesn’t mean you don’t have to put in the same work as you would need to without them.

I’m approaching 10 weeks on MJ, have been on 5mg for 3 weeks. My eating habits weren’t bad before I started, nor was food noise and my appetite was virtually non existent anyway, but we suspected a lot of insulin resistance as the cause for me not losing weight before despite putting in a lot of effort consistently.

I have currently gained 2lbs, and aside from that my weight on the scales hasn’t changed at all. This is with macros calculated, nutritionally dense foods and controlled portions. Most days I have no appetite at all but force myself to eat small portions as I know eating nothing won’t help. Even without moving more, I should have lost weight on the scales by now and my nurse is struggling to understand why I’m not.

However, I have been weight training (sporadically due to life issues, but still putting in good effort) and what I have see is a drop in inches, which means that some fat is turning to muscle which is why the scales are unlikely to be moving since I started training. My diabetic bloods are also decreasing, proving that the insulin resistance is playing a part in it (not diabetic but was approaching pre diabetic).

For those who believe it’s a quick fix and they don’t have to put the effort in, they’ll get a shock. You can’t keep eating the same crap, just in smaller amounts because it’s reduced your appetite and expect to lose weight without putting in any additional effort. It isn’t just a quick fix - it is a complete lifestyle overhaul and if you don’t want to do that then you may as well roll up your cash and smoke it for all the good it’ll do you

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
2 weeks ago

Central


"Lost 8kg in 2 and a bit weeks so far in the jab "

That does sound like an incredible amount of weight to drop in 2 weeks.

Are you concerned it's potentially too much, too fast? (I'm not immune to wanting things fast for myself - I think it's a natural human demand.) I'm concerned that it's possibly excessive, for the timescale and might make it less sustainable, in the longer term. 4Kg a week sounds like a lot

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *rs mischiefWoman
2 weeks ago

Manchester

However people want to loose weight is none of my business. As a PT ive had clients on the jabs and off the jabs. The most important thing is that EVERYONE is supported in their weight loss, in learning about what keeps you fuller longer, healthy choices, exercise and how to avoid health issues in later years. Ive lost 6 stone, through lifestyle changes, and exercise.. i still need to loose more to fit into the healthy BMI range. But im more interested in my muscle/fat mass ratios and bone density scans than looking smaller.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ew Beginnings 25Couple
2 weeks ago

Wigan

I’m on Mounjaro for diabetes, haven’t lost that much weight but my blood sugar etc has come down.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *arren the doggerMan
2 weeks ago

willenhall

Keep away !!! Put me in hospital with internal bleeding . Shitting water uncontrolably . Bad drug

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *obbieduffMan
2 weeks ago

ALFRETON

I’ve been on MJ for a year, initially lost 30kg, have reduced dose and now regained 10kg. Tried Wegovy and the side affects were horrendous. I think MJ will play a part in my life for the next few years…

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *oe up northMan
4 days ago

Blackpool

I'm diabetic and my bloods are sky high even with multiple medications. Saw nurse last week after blood tests and she's taken me off glicazide and put me on mounjaro. I'm being monitored 3 weekly to see if it lowers my bloods, and hopefully lose a few pounds.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *a LunaWoman
4 days ago

Wales


"I'm diabetic and my bloods are sky high even with multiple medications. Saw nurse last week after blood tests and she's taken me off glicazide and put me on mounjaro. I'm being monitored 3 weekly to see if it lowers my bloods, and hopefully lose a few pounds. "

Your bloods will be the most important. It’s done wonders for mine that were sky high. It can take up to a year to get it under control though and weight loss will be a side effect and not the main goal (and more likely once sugars are kept under control).

Keep that in mind and don’t get disheartened if weight loss doesn’t happen immediately.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *recticWoman
4 days ago

taunton

People treat obesity like people are fat because they have less willpower. I call bullshit.

Naturally slim people generally aren't spending their entire lives battling food noise, relentless hunger, hormonal imbalances, insulin resistance and a genetic predisposition to gaining weight. They're not constantly thinking about food or fighting their own bodies just to maintain a weight that comes naturally to someone else.

So yes, eat less, move more. We all know the maths. But pretending everyone is starting from the same place is ridiculous.

These medications are levelling the playing field. They're quietening the food noise, regulating appetite and giving people a fighting chance to make sustainable changes without having to rely on superhuman levels of willpower every bloody day.

I'm maintaining a massive weight loss and have been at target for over a year. I had a gastric sleeve, but I think these jabs are a marvellous alternative for people who might otherwise face a lifetime of struggling with their weight.

Being naturally slim isn't a moral achievement, and needing medical help to lose weight isn't a character flaw.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *hromakeyDreamcoatMan
4 days ago

Carlisle

Obesity is recognised as a chronic disease by the World Health Organisation.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *abulincsCouple
4 days ago

near a bridge

It’s more a generation thing wasn’t so many overweight folk in 60s until end of 90s to much convenience foods on market we both eat well but sensibly

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ittlemisssubby123Woman
4 days ago

Bridgend

They are. If you go through a pharmacy or NHS. You can't just pick them up in the supermarket

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *quirrel!Man
4 days ago

L

Bad, bad, bad! - muscle wastage and side effects!

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *enelope2UWoman
4 days ago

Doesn't matter cant block distances

Works for some and won't work for others.. for those morbedly obese any changes will work

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ocky82Man
3 days ago

Watford


"Works for some and won't work for others.. for those morbedly obese any changes will work"

I’ve not come across anyone they don’t work for, if it doesn’t work it’s possibly fake.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 

By *ousteau72Man
3 days ago

Wombourne


"It’s more a generation thing wasn’t so many overweight folk in 60s until end of 90s to much convenience foods on market we both eat well but sensibly "

Now there's a thought!

Not one to be shared by the woke brigade but you may have a point!

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
 
 

By *recticWoman
3 days ago

taunton


"It’s more a generation thing wasn’t so many overweight folk in 60s until end of 90s to much convenience foods on market we both eat well but sensibly

Now there's a thought!

Not one to be shared by the woke brigade but you may have a point!"

I’m not sure what’s woke about acknowledging people were generally thinner then . Nobody is disputing that. The interesting bit is why and everyone just had more willpower until the 90s can be quickly dismantled and probably isn’t going to survive much scrutiny.

Obesity advocacy isn’t denying obesity or pretending lifestyle is irrelevant. It’s recognising why it’s become more a crisis and food is cheaper, more heavily marketed, more calorie dense and more readily available, while people’s environments and routines have become less active. Genetics, stress, sleep, medication and social and economic factors matter too. Dropping the moral judgement and supporting treatments that actually work seems considerably more useful than blaming a global collapse in selfcontrol.

 (closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately
back to top