FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Is playing at clubs possible with herpes?

Jump to newest

By *alarkyswings OP   TV/TS
15 weeks ago

Darlington

I really mean genital herpes but I also have cold sores (like one a year). This is in the context of having no sores/outbreak present.

I only got genital herpes in late Feb this year. I test every month for other STDS and haven't had any other STDs and I have been on prep since march. I only bareback rarely.

How do I tell people in a club setting? I feel a bit unsure on how I would he looked at where there's loads of people. Should I just wear a badge or something?

Obviously I will be bringing condoms, but there's still a small chance of getting it where condoms don't cover and I like getting oral too.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arla SwingerWoman
15 weeks ago

Somewhere

To be honest I think it's a highly emotive issue. Especially because of 'shedding', even at times of not presenting. I've had a semi sexual meet with someone I know/had declared they had herpes (non apparent at the time). But I did still wear disposable gloves to wank them off... Its the 'fear', but also not the fear. Because you could literally play with someone with zero physical symptoms, and be unaware. Have that discussion first I'd advise

By *arla SwingerWoman
15 weeks ago

Somewhere

[Removed by poster at 09/06/24 23:52:30]

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple
15 weeks ago

manchester

If you have to ask you already know the answer

By *rixie_BlondeWoman
15 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

Can you get aciclovir tablets? If you are determined to go, I’d take them for at least a week before hand, maybe two weeks, to make sure any virus is really minimised

By *arla SwingerWoman
15 weeks ago

Somewhere

"I really mean genital herpes but I also have cold sores (like one a year). This is in the context of having no sores/outbreak present.

I only got genital herpes in late Feb this year. I test every month for other STDS and haven't had any other STDs and I have been on prep since march. I only bareback rarely.

How do I tell people in a club setting? I feel a bit unsure on how I would he looked at where there's loads of people. Should I just wear a badge or something?

Obviously I will be bringing condoms, but there's still a small chance of getting it where condoms don't cover and I like getting oral too. "

The issue is more this is new to you... Shedding happens mostly in the first few years. Just because you're not having issues, doesn't mean who you pass the virus to won't. Speak to your GP, nurse. There are plenty of inclusive online groups too

By *arla SwingerWoman
15 weeks ago

Somewhere

And it's not a small chance... Skin on skin it's a very high chance. You're infectious, whether you choose to think it or not. Herpes is a virus, so you don't need to have active sores, you can transit it through skin vs sexual contact. You're way more likely to transmit with a new vs old diagnosis. And just because you don't have an active outbreak means fuck all!... You're living with a life long transmitted disease, don't take the piss

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
15 weeks ago

Southampton

"I really mean genital herpes but I also have cold sores (like one a year). This is in the context of having no sores/outbreak present.

Obviously I will be bringing condoms, but there's still a small chance of getting it where condoms don't cover and I like getting oral too. "

Do not even think about it....that would be incredibly selfish of you

By *luttyLaylaWoman
15 weeks ago

North West

I think it’s really nice to see you’ve asked, and thought about it.

Tonnes of people go to clubs with cold sores and wouldn’t think twice about it once it’s healed.

By *razytimesinloveCouple
15 weeks ago

SW Scotland

Really wouldn’t risk it

By (user no longer on site)
15 weeks ago

I wouldn't risk it. But I do hope you were honest with all your recent meets so they can be tested

By *ongAndThick123Man
15 weeks ago

Leeds

Without sounding harsh, I’d say it’s irresponsible to go to a club with an infectious disease. Especially in a setting with the potential to increase transmission exponentially

By (user no longer on site)
15 weeks ago

Wouldn't choose to play in or our of a club with strangers if I knew I had any form of infectious disease. Isn't fair to make others ill even on a minor basis.

By *alarkyswings OP   TV/TS
15 weeks ago

Darlington

"Can you get aciclovir tablets? If you are determined to go, I’d take them for at least a week before hand, maybe two weeks, to make sure any virus is really minimised"

Yeah I have some but they're only for outbreaks.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
15 weeks ago

somewhere

[Removed by poster at 13/06/24 08:41:49]

By *oyalmaleABCMan
15 weeks ago

leeds

Not responsible mixing with different people in a club or anywhere with herpes

By *p4itfilthMan
15 weeks ago

Leeds

Ewww no stay away

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple
15 weeks ago

wonderland.

At least the poster is being up front. I've been at clubs and I've seen a woman kissing others and going down on guys with an obvious cold sore patch.

When I said something. I was told to keep my nose out and the patch protected against spreading...

The fact is most of us will have been in contact with herpes at some point in our life...

Most will be unaware unless we have a flare up.

I don't know what the answer is op. Perhaps talk to the gum clinic for advice

Cali

By *ovetoedgeMan
15 weeks ago

Dunstable

I can't believe anyone would even think a bout mixing with others while carrying such a contagious problem.

By *oiluvfunMan
15 weeks ago

Portsmouth

"Without sounding harsh, I’d say it’s irresponsible to go to a club with an infectious disease. Especially in a setting with the potential to increase transmission exponentially"

I agree

By *enelope2UWoman
15 weeks ago

Fife

"I can't believe anyone would even think a bout mixing with others while carrying such a contagious problem. "

Because people are selfish and like one comment said they assume everyone has had a disease or contact as if that mattered or was true.

By *riveinsaturdayXXXMan
15 weeks ago

Bristol

The difficulty with this one is that people can have it and never get an outbreak, unless some hormonal trigger occurs. So, they’re often in complete ignorance of it.

Example, I knew someone who realised she must have had the virus for years but did not experience a single outbreak of it until menopause, & then the first outbreak was the worst and she rarely had problems afterwards. She even had the option of taking the anti-viral med as a prophylactic.

I understand it’s something like one in eight of us carries the virus. The more sexual partners, the greater risk, of course. However, unless you are having an outbreak, I don’t believe you are obligated to abstain.

As long as you use condoms & explore PrEP etc. to prevent the spread of chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV etc. you are being responsible.

Sure, HSV can still pass between you and others but the idea that sexually active people really believe they can avoid this STI is laughable. I’ve never had an outbreak in my genital area, but that doesn’t mean I don’t carry the virus. I simply don’t know. And I suspect that’s true of many of us. But, I’ve had a lot of sexual partners in 25 years, so chances are…

I think this one needs to be put in its proper context - I’m told it’s uncomfortable when it happens but it’s not life-threatening. It can be managed. Too many people have the virus for you to feel like you have to exempt yourself from all group fun forever.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple
15 weeks ago

Middle England

[Removed by poster at 13/06/24 10:48:38]

Post new Message to Thread