Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Parliament and meetings at Davos show very strong NPI measures

Jump to newest

By *orset.J OP   Man
over a year ago

Weymouth

The Houses of Parliament are using tax payers money to install a very sophisticate air filtration system

At this weeks meets in Davos, real time PCR testing, masking, HEPA filters , UV light sanitation and other NPI’s were present.

Are we just all ducking lemmings or why are the ‘elite ‘ doing this , when we are all doing bugger all NPI’s.

It looks like they are taking Covid seriously!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Well of course. They're immune from having to take risks associated with getting sick.

One rule for them, another for us.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Cost:benefit ratio is different for the wealthy, no different to them travelling by helicopter rather than taking a 3hrs drive

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"Cost:benefit ratio is different for the wealthy, no different to them travelling by helicopter rather than taking a 3hrs drive"
Yeah, won't be able to buy a diesel car soon but its all good as long ass the ruling class can fly their jets and helicopters.

Fucking hypocrits!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Cost:benefit ratio is different for the wealthy, no different to them travelling by helicopter rather than taking a 3hrs driveYeah, won't be able to buy a diesel car soon but its all good as long ass the ruling class can fly their jets and helicopters.

Fucking hypocrits!"

I'm more angry that they deem it essential to have filtered air but tell us we don't need it.

Hypocrisy indeed.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Cost:benefit ratio is different for the wealthy, no different to them travelling by helicopter rather than taking a 3hrs driveYeah, won't be able to buy a diesel car soon but its all good as long ass the ruling class can fly their jets and helicopters.

Fucking hypocrits!

I'm more angry that they deem it essential to have filtered air but tell us we don't need it.

Hypocrisy indeed."

Do we really need filtered air though?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I think many other similar places will also be getting filtered air. Not just houses of Parliament

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Do we really need filtered air though? "

It's one of the best non intrusive ways to reduce the spread of respiratory pathogens.

If they think they suddenly need it, why, and what makes their needs so different to ours?

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

It's one of the best non intrusive ways to reduce the spread of respiratory pathogens.

If they think they suddenly need it, why, and what makes their needs so different to ours?"

I dont think those needs are different, more just an example of elites taking every possible luxury on offer. As it was ever this

By *orset.J OP   Man
over a year ago

Weymouth

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Do we really need filtered air though? "

Well they think they think they do…. so it begs the question what is causing them to be so precaution…… a lot of Davos members are mid40’s so so really vulnerable.

Houses of Parliament- ok definitely different - just their alcohol consumption puts them into a vulnerable category

By *orset.J OP   Man
over a year ago

Weymouth

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Well they think they think they do…. so it begs the question what is causing them to be so precaution…… a lot of Davos members are mid40’s so so really vulnerable.

Houses of Parliament- ok definitely different - just their alcohol consumption puts them into a vulnerable category "

Re Davos population and mid 40’s.. . … not vulnerable

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

If they think they suddenly need it, why, and what makes their needs so different to ours?

I dont think those needs are different, more just an example of elites taking every possible luxury on offer. As it was ever this"

The UK parliament has been taking the piss with expenses for a long time. If this is just "as it ever was", why have they only just put air filters in?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

york

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed."

Especially as a decent air filter isn't expensive. You can basically build your own HEPA filter unit for about £80 quid of bits you can get from amazon, plus some cardboard and sticky tape, that will work just as well as those things we can see in the pictures from Davos. For a couple of grand every classroom in your kids school could have filtered clean air and then maybe they wouldn't all be continually getting ill like they are at the moment. Actually it's funny how the tory government have basically banned every state school from installing any clean air systems, but every private school (where their own kids go) has been fully kitted out. Seems like health is too good for ordinary people to be allowed...

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I dont think those needs are different, more just an example of elites taking every possible luxury on offer. As it was ever this

The UK parliament has been taking the piss with expenses for a long time. If this is just "as it ever was", why have they only just put air filters in?"

Maybe beacuse not even they could justify installing them previously?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

The UK parliament has been taking the piss with expenses for a long time. If this is just "as it ever was", why have they only just put air filters in?

Maybe beacuse not even they could justify installing them previously? "

People who could justify heating their stables couldn't justify HEPA filters? Pull the other one

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

People who could justify heating their stables couldn't justify HEPA filters? Pull the other one "

Ok, maybe they thought it so far down the priority list of luxuries, even?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

People who could justify heating their stables couldn't justify HEPA filters? Pull the other one

Ok, maybe they thought it so far down the priority list of luxuries, even? "

Or maybe - as has been postulated in this forum for years now - they know something we don't.

Long lists of pointless luxuries have never troubled the UK government before.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed."

I’m not sure anyone is deeming filtered air essential anymore that the champagne and black truffle they will quaff. Others would have you believe these same people insist their drivers and pilots are not vaxed because there is no covid just a killer injection….

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I dont think those needs are different, more just an example of elites taking every possible luxury on offer. As it was ever this"

If I had shitloads of money I'd be having every possible luxury too.

That's the very benefit of having shitloads of money.

Conversely, people who win £150 million on the lottery and say it won't change their life.

Daft arses. Give it me, I'll bloody soon let it change my life.

Winston

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I’m not sure anyone is deeming filtered air essential anymore that the champagne and black truffle they will quaff. Others would have you believe these same people insist their drivers and pilots are not vaxed because there is no covid just a killer injection…. "

Then why are they insisting upon it, including in Westminster which is frankly a fire hazard on its own?

I mean I'm not bothered for myself. My air is filtered whenever I'm in public - I wear a respirator. But not everyone has that option.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I’m not sure anyone is deeming filtered air essential anymore that the champagne and black truffle they will quaff. Others would have you believe these same people insist their drivers and pilots are not vaxed because there is no covid just a killer injection….

Then why are they insisting upon it, including in Westminster which is frankly a fire hazard on its own?

I mean I'm not bothered for myself. My air is filtered whenever I'm in public - I wear a respirator. But not everyone has that option. "

Are you immuno compromised? That’s seems a little over the top even for me.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I mean I'm not bothered for myself. My air is filtered whenever I'm in public - I wear a respirator. But not everyone has that option.

Are you immuno compromised? That’s seems a little over the top even for me. "

Not that I'm aware of.

I'm long past caring what people think of what I have on my face. If I know them, I tell them I'm a rebel. If I don't (almost always screaming from cars) they get a one fingered salute.

By *orset.J OP   Man
over a year ago

Weymouth

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Are you immuno compromised? That’s seems a little over the top even for me. "

The question you are looking implying is are our MP’s immunocompromised.

Answer: By and large/ probably not.

But why do this now in the face of a cost of living crisis when schools are asking funds for HEPA filters.

Why fund themselves before children?

By *uyForeLadiesMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"For a couple of grand every classroom in your kids school could have filtered clean air and then maybe they wouldn't all be continually getting ill like they are at the moment."

We never had HEPA filters at school and weren't continually getting ill.

Perhaps we need to look elsewhere for the cause?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

york

"For a couple of grand every classroom in your kids school could have filtered clean air and then maybe they wouldn't all be continually getting ill like they are at the moment.

Perhaps we need to look elsewhere for the cause?"

Well let's see...

- It can't be a vaccine side effect, because only a tiny number of kids below the age of 12 were allowed to receive the covid vaccines.

- It can't be a lockdown "immune debt" effect, because there is no such thing. But even if there was, although schools were closed for a short while almost no families rigorously shielded their children, as government have been insistant throughout that kids were at no danger from covid. And it's now nearly two years since the vast majority of the uk population chucked their masks away (if they ever had them) - plenty of time for all kids to catch up on exposure to germs.

- Maybe it's something to do with many children having caught covid multiple times from their friends they weren't seeing and their parents who should not have been bringing it into their homes, having got weakened immune systems as a result, and now there being multiple strains of seemingly more virulent diseases that are spreading like wildfire through the schools? Far more than anything that was around when we were kids?

So maybe when our government have decided that their workplace should be fitted with a multi million pound air cleaning system that they never seemed to want pre-pandemic, and the private schools are all fitting similar systems, I've got to wonder at the reason why the same government ministers insist that ordinary schools and ordinary people's workplaces don't need anything like that. Could it be that the message they have been pushing for the last 18 months "the pandemic is over" is not precisely true?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"For a couple of grand every classroom in your kids school could have filtered clean air and then maybe they wouldn't all be continually getting ill like they are at the moment.

Perhaps we need to look elsewhere for the cause?"

I didn't go to school with Covid in the air. Did you?

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Especially as a decent air filter isn't expensive. You can basically build your own HEPA filter unit for about £80 quid of bits you can get from amazon, plus some cardboard and sticky tape, that will work just as well as those things we can see in the pictures from Davos. For a couple of grand every classroom in your kids school could have filtered clean air and then maybe they wouldn't all be continually getting ill like they are at the moment. Actually it's funny how the tory government have basically banned every state school from installing any clean air systems, but every private school (where their own kids go) has been fully kitted out. Seems like health is too good for ordinary people to be allowed..."

Just for a little bit of balance, not every private school has fitted clean air systems. That is just stoking the fire and is simply untrue. Some may well have but I can guarantee most have not.

By *orset.J OP   Man
over a year ago

Weymouth

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Conversely, people who win £150 million on the lottery and say it won't change their life.

Winston "

Is it a luxury or necessity? I think the latter.

They have been meeting for many years but this is a precautionary approach to Covid, something that the government has not mentioned before.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Winston "

With you on that Winston. Why try to win huge amounts of money if you don’t want to change your life!!!!! Then there are those who win large sums and blow it! Tragic really!

By *orset.J OP   Man
over a year ago

Weymouth

Well let's see...

- It can't be a vaccine side effect, because only a tiny number of kids below the age of 12 were allowed to receive the covid vaccines.

- It can't be a lockdown "immune debt" effect, because there is no such thing. But even if there was, although schools were closed for a short while almost no families rigorously shielded their children, as government have been insistant throughout that kids were at no danger from covid. And it's now nearly two years since the vast majority of the uk population chucked their masks away (if they ever had them) - plenty of time for all kids to catch up on exposure to germs.

- Maybe it's something to do with many children having caught covid multiple times from their friends they weren't seeing and their parents who should not have been bringing it into their homes, having got weakened immune systems as a result, and now there being multiple strains of seemingly more virulent diseases that are spreading like wildfire through the schools? Far more than anything that was around when we were kids?

So maybe when our government have decided that their workplace should be fitted with a multi million pound air cleaning system that they never seemed to want pre-pandemic, and the private schools are all fitting similar systems, I've got to wonder at the reason why the same government ministers insist that ordinary schools and ordinary people's workplaces don't need anything like that. Could it be that the message they have been pushing for the last 18 months "the pandemic is over" is not precisely true?"

There are historical parallels- Cholera 200 years ago was a disease of the poor because the rich/ elites could afford sanitation…. Until it was realised that it was in everyone’s interest to have clean water.

Maybe we should think about having clean air for us all. The tools are already at our disposal

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Well let's see...

So maybe when our government have decided that their workplace should be fitted with a multi million pound air cleaning system that they never seemed to want pre-pandemic, and the private schools are all fitting similar systems, I've got to wonder at the reason why the same government ministers insist that ordinary schools and ordinary people's workplaces don't need anything like that. Could it be that the message they have been pushing for the last 18 months "the pandemic is over" is not precisely true?

There are historical parallels- Cholera 200 years ago was a disease of the poor because the rich/ elites could afford sanitation…. Until it was realised that it was in everyone’s interest to have clean water.

Maybe we should think about having clean air for us all. The tools are already at our disposal"

I think I read somewhere that sewers were finally built in London not because of concern for ordinary people - but because the MPs found the smell from the Thames repulsive.

Wouldn't surprise me. Selfish bastards then and now.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

But why do this now in the face of a cost of living crisis when schools are asking funds for HEPA filters.

Why fund themselves before children? "

Well I don’t for a minute believe all MPs are insisting upon filtered air for themselves so I think we are having a none argument?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Well I don’t for a minute believe all MPs are insisting upon filtered air for themselves so I think we are having a none argument?"

The filtration system being put into the houses of parliament is public information.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Well I don’t for a minute believe all MPs are insisting upon filtered air for themselves so I think we are having a none argument?

The filtration system being put into the houses of parliament is public information."

I’m not denying additional filtration has been installed but under who’s instructions? Was it after a full debated by the house with all MPs having a vote on it, or was it simply an order issued by an over enthusiastic civil servant or small committee?

By *orset.J OP   Man
over a year ago

Weymouth

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

The filtration system being put into the houses of parliament is public information.

I’m not denying additional filtration has been installed but under who’s instructions? Was it after a full debated by the house with all MPs having a vote on it, or was it simply an order issued by an over enthusiastic civil servant or small committee?"

A very valid question Bob, it was announced without any explanation or certainly no published explanation re reason and cost.

What are the chances that reasons will be given ?

By *icebloke..but filthyMan
over a year ago

london

Also, they didn't exist in Cromwells' day....

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I’m not denying additional filtration has been installed but under who’s instructions? Was it after a full debated by the house with all MPs having a vote on it, or was it simply an order issued by an over enthusiastic civil servant or small committee?

A very valid question Bob, it was announced without any explanation or certainly no published explanation re reason and cost.

What are the chances that reasons will be given ? "

Another demonstration of how it’s easy to create an uproar selling a narrative that’s far from being the complete story…

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Another demonstration of how it’s easy to create an uproar selling a narrative that’s far from being the complete story…"

I don't see any uproar.

I think it should be asked why there's different standards for different people

If we're through the pandemic and are getting back to normal, which is the standard most of us are expected to live by now, why do MPs seek additional protection from airborne pathogens?

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

Another demonstration of how it’s easy to create an uproar selling a narrative that’s far from being the complete story…

I don't see any uproar.

If we're through the pandemic and are getting back to normal, which is the standard most of us are expected to live by now, why do MPs seek additional protection from airborne pathogens?"

Difference between enquiring and uproar is only how much anger is contained within the questioning.. Did you not explicitly state “I’m more angry that they deem it essential….” I take it MPs are the “they” your expressed anger was directed towards?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I don't see any uproar.

If we're through the pandemic and are getting back to normal, which is the standard most of us are expected to live by now, why do MPs seek additional protection from airborne pathogens?

Difference between enquiring and uproar is only how much anger is contained within the questioning.. Did you not explicitly state “I’m more angry that they deem it essential….” I take it MPs are the “they” your expressed anger was directed towards?"

If you are reading anger into my question, that's not on me. I'm just asking why there's a difference in stance.

Tone is notoriously unreliable in written text, as we all know.

I'm just fine. I filter all air in public, for myself.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I don't see any uproar.

Difference between enquiring and uproar is only how much anger is contained within the questioning.. Did you not explicitly state “I’m more angry that they deem it essential….” I take it MPs are the “they” your expressed anger was directed towards?

If you are reading anger into my question, that's not on me. I'm just asking why there's a difference in stance.

I'm just fine. I filter all air in public, for myself."

Indeed. Sorry I guess “more angry…” can mean not in the slightest bit bothered….

You do you but don’t live in fear. For the vast majority of people Covid is unpleasant but not life threatening. For some, Covid anxiety may well cause them more physically harm than Covid. I am sure in the past you never gave flu much though. Covid is more dangerous than flu but your individual risk of any serious harm is still really quite small.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I don't see any uproar.

Indeed. Sorry I guess “more angry…” can mean not in the slightest bit bothered….

You do you but don’t live in fear. For the vast majority of people Covid is unpleasant but not life threatening. For some, Covid anxiety may well cause them more physically harm than Covid. I am sure in the past you never gave flu much though. Covid is more dangerous than flu but your individual risk of any serious harm is still really quite small."

I've been vaccinated against flu every year since I was fifteen. I've been aware all my life that it can damage others and I act accordingly.

I do me just fine, thank you. Nothing to be afraid of, we've known how to mitigate for a long time now. The fact that others don't, meh, not my problem.

I am rather curious about the robotic repetition of "don't live in fear" by so many. It seems to have become a meaningless soundbite to dismiss others who behave differently. It's up there with do your own research, wake up sheeple, etc.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I don't see any uproar.

You do you but don’t live in fear. For the vast majority of people Covid is unpleasant but not life threatening. For some, Covid anxiety may well cause them more physically harm than Covid. I am sure in the past you never gave flu much though. Covid is more dangerous than flu but your individual risk of any serious harm is still really quite small.

I've been vaccinated against flu every year since I was fifteen. I've been aware all my life that it can damage others and I act accordingly.

I do me just fine, thank you. Nothing to be afraid of, we've known how to mitigate for a long time now. The fact that others don't, meh, not my problem.

I am rather curious about the robotic repetition of "don't live in fear" by so many. It seems to have become a meaningless soundbite to dismiss others who behave differently. It's up there with do your own research, wake up sheeple, etc."

Don’t get me wrong, I’m largely on your side of the Covid arguments. I don’t mean to dismiss your concerns. I just fear your judgement of risk is a little too far in the other direction, however if you can take those additional precautions without negativity affecting your life then great, carry on.

How do you swing with a respirator on, do your make it some BDSM thing?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

But it seems to me - going back to the OP - that billionaires are opting to be cold as part of strict Covid measures. I'm not sure why they'd be uncomfortable unless they had reason.

And parliament installing air filtration.

The theme the last few years is "they know something we don't".

I'm not sure why this is different.

I do know some viruses take a long time to show their permanent effects. AIDS doesn't emerge from the mild flu like HIV for 3-8 years. Post polio 30 years. MS from glandular fever a decade later.

So many here talk about the jibby jab mass long term experiment. Obviously I think that's nonsense. However - what's the effect of Covid infection after ten years? Or even five? By definition, we don't know.

My mask goes on just like my shoes do. If anyone wants to interpret that as fear, well, I won't get in the way of your wank fantasy.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking hypocrits!

Hypocrisy indeed.

I don't see any uproar.

I am rather curious about the robotic repetition of "don't live in fear" by so many. It seems to have become a meaningless soundbite to dismiss others who behave differently. It's up there with do your own research, wake up sheeple, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m largely on your side of the Covid arguments. I don’t mean to dismiss your concerns. I just fear your judgement of risk is a little too far in the other direction, however if you can take those additional precautions without negativity affecting your life then great, carry on.

How do you swing with a respirator on, do your make it some BDSM thing?"

Strict infection protocols. No respirator with those who behave as I do, give or take.

99.9% of the population don't see my face below my eyes in person.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"But it seems to me - going back to the OP - that billionaires are opting to be cold as part of strict Covid measures. I'm not sure why they'd be uncomfortable unless they had reason.

I do know some viruses take a long time to show their permanent effects. AIDS doesn't emerge from the mild flu like HIV for 3-8 years. Post polio 30 years. MS from glandular fever a decade later.

So many here talk about the jibby jab mass long term experiment. Obviously I think that's nonsense. However - what's the effect of Covid infection after ten years? Or even five? By definition, we don't know.

My mask goes on just like my shoes do. If anyone wants to interpret that as fear, well, I won't get in the way of your wank fantasy."

MPs who had wild parties even in lockdown, I’m not sure there is all that much strictness in covid protocols, I’m sure most of them have had it at least once.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"But it seems to me - going back to the OP - that billionaires are opting to be cold as part of strict Covid measures. I'm not sure why they'd be uncomfortable unless they had reason.

My mask goes on just like my shoes do. If anyone wants to interpret that as fear, well, I won't get in the way of your wank fantasy.

MPs who had wild parties even in lockdown, I’m not sure there is all that much strictness in covid protocols, I’m sure most of them have had it at least once."

They did then.

Now, suddenly, they're doing the major thing that we know will reduce infections without masks. That they tell us we don't need, even though a DIY box might only cost £100.

Why?

(Parties - arrogant tossers who think the law doesn't apply to them, see also Sunak breaking the law again recently. Occam's razor)

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

MPs who had wild parties even in lockdown, I’m not sure there is all that much strictness in covid protocols, I’m sure most of them have had it at least once.

They did then.

Now, suddenly, they're doing the major thing that we know will reduce infections without masks. That they tell us we don't need, even though a DIY box might only cost £100.

Why?

(Parties - arrogant tossers who think the law doesn't apply to them, see also Sunak breaking the law again recently. Occam's razor)"

That’s seems contradictory? Do you believe MPs are afraid of their personal risk posed by Covid or are they such arrogant tosses they don’t think any risks don’t apply to them? Can’t have it both ways surely?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

They did then.

Why?

(Parties - arrogant tossers who think the law doesn't apply to them, see also Sunak breaking the law again recently. Occam's razor)

That’s seems contradictory? Do you believe MPs are afraid of their personal risk posed by Covid or are they such arrogant tosses they don’t think any risks don’t apply to them? Can’t have it both ways surely?"

No.

Because people learn and change.

I thought at the beginning of the pandemic that maybe I should get Covid over with because it only hurts the old and vulnerable and I can help protect them with my immunity.

Obviously we know none of that is true. I changed accordingly. I got vaccinated, hoped that would protect myself and others, changed my mind after it became apparent that the hopes of the vaccine program were not what we hoped.

Arrogant tossers who believe that they're too young/healthy/special to suffer from Covid might change their minds if there's data out there suggesting undesirable long term health effects in more than a minority.

"I'm too special for rules" becomes "I'm too special to have to suffer ill health, but your kids can"

By *orset.J OP   Man
over a year ago

Weymouth

They did then.

Why?

That’s seems contradictory? Do you believe MPs are afraid of their personal risk posed by Covid or are they such arrogant tosses they don’t think any risks don’t apply to them? Can’t have it both ways surely?"

The issue is mortality v morbidity. They are not worried about dying from Covid and never were but now( especially in the light of more recent data) they are worried about being maimed by it

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman
over a year ago

Happy Town;-)

https://twitter.com/spartajustice/status/1615445683296690194?s=48&t=ziiYQ7-jR5oBP5t3st61Zg

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"https://twitter.com/spartajustice/status/1615445683296690194?s=48&t=ziiYQ7-jR5oBP5t3st61Zg"

What the hell is this? Who are International Criminal Investigation?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"(link omitted)

What the hell is this? Who are International Criminal Investigation?"

Looks like made up bollocks

But if people have time on their hands and think police and justice departments are just sitting their twiddling their thumbs

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

They did then.

Why?

That’s seems contradictory? Do you believe MPs are afraid of their personal risk posed by Covid or are they such arrogant tosses they don’t think any risks don’t apply to them? Can’t have it both ways surely?

The issue is mortality v morbidity. They are not worried about dying from Covid and never were but now( especially in the light of more recent data) they are worried about being maimed by it"

Again, who are “they”? I doubt many if any MPs contributed greatly in the decision to install additional air filtration but “they” are not “us” so let’s lazily brand them all together as “them/they”

By *orset.J OP   Man
over a year ago

Weymouth

They did then.

Why?

The issue is mortality v morbidity. They are not worried about dying from Covid and never were but now( especially in the light of more recent data) they are worried about being maimed by it

Again, who are “they”? I doubt many if any MPs contributed greatly in the decision to install additional air filtration but “they” are not “us” so let’s lazily brand them all together as “them/they”"

It’s on Purified Airs website- they have been contracted by the Houses of Parliament to install and air purification system. So I think the government are fully aware of this measure and I would be pretty sure it’s tax payers money that’s footing the bill and it was the government’s decision to install this filtration system.

This at a time when many schools are desperately seeking funding for HEPA filters and have been lobbying the government for almost 2 years.

‘They’- the government MP’s will be very aware of it

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

They did then.

Why?

Again, who are “they”? I doubt many if any MPs contributed greatly in the decision to install additional air filtration but “they” are not “us” so let’s lazily brand them all together as “them/they”"

People who a) tell us Covid is fine and also b) are installing mitigations to protect themselves against Covid, particularly at our expense.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The Houses of Parliament are using tax payers money to install a very sophisticate air filtration system

At this weeks meets in Davos, real time PCR testing, masking, HEPA filters , UV light sanitation and other NPI’s were present.

Are we just all ducking lemmings or why are the ‘elite ‘ doing this , when we are all doing bugger all NPI’s.

"

yes very serious ! Have you forgotten party gate ! It's all for show Covid is no more dangerous than the flu witch is why we call all go to work with it now

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The Houses of Parliament are using tax payers money to install a very sophisticate air filtration system

yes very serious ! Have you forgotten party gate ! It's all for show Covid is no more dangerous than the flu witch is why we call all go to work with it now "

And yet they're taking it seriously now.

Why the fuck would billionaires be cold in a meeting of Very Special People? They can afford heating.

Maybe they want ventilation because they know something we don't.

Sure, they were too special for the rules a couple of years ago. Now they'd rather be forced to wear coats inside than get what you think is minor.

It doesn't add up, if they believe it's not a big deal.

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Bredbury, Stockport

Cook for me x

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Always has been one rule for us plebs and them no matter who's in power and like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic as a old teacher once told Mr4 and if voting changed anything they'd ban it ( oh wait they are with photo id/bourndary changes) and reason they fight so hard ( both parties) to maintain our voting system as it favours the home counties/london and hence the ruling elite and keeps the control in London ?

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

yes very serious ! Have you forgotten party gate ! It's all for show Covid is no more dangerous than the flu witch is why we call all go to work with it now

Why the fuck would billionaires be cold in a meeting of Very Special People? They can afford heating.

Sure, they were too special for the rules a couple of years ago. Now they'd rather be forced to wear coats inside than get what you think is minor.

It doesn't add up, if they believe it's not a big deal."

They will no doubt drink bottled water in parliament, doesn’t mean 650 MPs are aware but keeping quiet about dangers of tap water! Sometimes when you can’t make something add it up it’s because you failed primarily school maths!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

They will no doubt drink bottled water in parliament, doesn’t mean 650 MPs are aware but keeping quiet about dangers of tap water! Sometimes when you can’t make something add it up it’s because you failed primarily school maths!"

The German health minister came out the other day and said that Covid could cause an incurable immune deficiency. The monkeypox scare, all these heart attacks, strep A, health systems globally under strain.

The increasing number of papers showing immune suppression, at least, following Covid infection.

Sure. It's because I failed primary school maths.

Sure.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

They will no doubt drink bottled water in parliament, doesn’t mean 650 MPs are aware but keeping quiet about dangers of tap water! Sometimes when you can’t make something add it up it’s because you failed primarily school maths!

The German health minister came out the other day and said that Covid could cause an incurable immune deficiency. The monkeypox scare, all these heart attacks, strep A, health systems globally under strain.

The increasing number of papers showing immune suppression, at least, following Covid infection.

Sure. "

Half of the virus thread contributors believe governments over reacted “it’s just flu” and now you are telling us governments are covering up that it’s actually far worse than we are told. I hope you are over reacting, I am not sure I can take much more stress!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Sure.

Half of the virus thread contributors believe governments over reacted “it’s just flu” and now you are telling us governments are covering up that it’s actually far worse than we are told. I hope you are over reacting, I am not sure I can take much more stress!"

I hope I'm wrong too.

Hope is not a strategy.

I'll keep wearing my FFP3.

Post new Message to Thread