Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Having on time info about Covid

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why is this government shying awy from it?

For me, I'd rather be fully updated re stats for covid and make an informed decision, EG, going to eat out, meeting others and hols/etc.

Yes, there are those that say its a waste of time and or take no note but for me and my family, we do want to know.

Just watch Covid and the flu take off and you will hear the old war cry, "we are ramping up..." BS. why "ramp up" when one could manage what is coming and often we get warnings from our EU friends of what is happening there

FYI - we got our flue jabs and the covid booster a few days ago due to mdical reasons.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

The government is not "shying away from it". They are, and have been for over a year, pushing the propaganda line that covid is completely gone due to their fine efforts.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

If they don’t publish the numbers, it’s easier to pretend it’s gone away.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The government is not "shying away from it". They are, and have been for over a year, pushing the propaganda line that covid is completely gone due to their fine efforts. "

Indeed.

over a year ago

"The government is not "shying away from it". They are, and have been for over a year, pushing the propaganda line that covid is completely gone due to their fine efforts. "

Valid point but mark my wors, they will son be "ramping up..." The people will suffer especially those that have to go to work via tube/bus/etc and thse that work in larger retail outlets and nursing homes and hosptials

over a year ago

"If they don’t publish the numbers, it’s easier to pretend it’s gone away."

Very true. Just like they have fingers in their ears re the mini budget did nor upset the financial markets.

Thanks all.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The government is not "shying away from it". They are, and have been for over a year, pushing the propaganda line that covid is completely gone due to their fine efforts.

Valid point but mark my wors, they will son be "ramping up..." The people will suffer especially those that have to go to work via tube/bus/etc and thse that work in larger retail outlets and nursing homes and hosptials"

I don't think they care.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"The government is not "shying away from it". They are, and have been for over a year, pushing the propaganda line that covid is completely gone due to their fine efforts.

Valid point but mark my wors, they will son be "ramping up..." The people will suffer especially those that have to go to work via tube/bus/etc and thse that work in larger retail outlets and nursing homes and hosptials

I don't think they care."

But I think that the Truss government does care. They care that ordinary people have too much money, too much food, too many holidays, do not work enough hours, are free to change jobs, are allowed to strike, are given sick pay, are given weekends, get pensions, are allowed to retire before death, are allowed to vote, are allowed to travel. Truss views all these freedoms as being bad, as being a barrier to the already rich maximising profit.

Those listening carefully to Truss's vision for "Freeport" areas will have heard that these areas are not just to be low tax regions. Truss wants these areas to include not just the port or industrial zone, but to include all land for a distance of 30 miles. And in these areas to effectively dilute all employment law, dilute civil law, dilute human rights - placing power of these into the hands of the "Freeport" owners. To privatise the very land on which the people live. To effectively give the people to the owners. To allow the owners to do anything they bloody well want with the workers.

The ultimate libertarian wet dream.

Obviously the people will have got their sovereignty back from the unelected officials of Europe. But only the billionaire people (most of whom are foreign anyway). The ordinary people will just be the belongings of the billionaires, so won't need any sovereignty anyway.

So the Truss government does care. They care that there is anything whatsoever getting in the way of the extreme few (ie. themselves and their backers) holding power and making money. They care that things are too good for everyone else, who are not worthy to have anything.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"Why is this government shying awy from it?

For me, I'd rather be fully updated re stats for covid and make an informed decision, EG, going to eat out, meeting others and hols/etc.

Yes, there are those that say its a waste of time and or take no note but for me and my family, we do want to know.

Just watch Covid and the flu take off and you will hear the old war cry, "we are ramping up..." BS. why "ramp up" when one could manage what is coming and often we get warnings from our EU friends of what is happening there

FYI - we got our flue jabs and the covid booster a few days ago due to mdical reasons."

it comparable to flu live you’re life how you did before all this scaremongering started

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

FYI - we got our flue jabs and the covid booster a few days ago due to mdical reasons. it comparable to flu live you’re life how you did before all this scaremongering started "

1. I've been vaccination against flu every year (sometimes multiple flu seasons) since I was 16. I'm also vaccinated against most other things as recommended

2. I've always been mindful, as much as I can, of people who are more vulnerable than me

3. I try to keep my germs to myself

4. I try to stay away from sick people

Now I know more about protecting myself and others (masks, vaccinations, asymptomatic spread etc) I incorporate it into my life.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

What are u all worried about? You have all had your 4th or 5th jab so your golden, some of us have stopped after 3 others have not had any at all,as long as your jabbed why worry about it

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What are u all worried about? You have all had your 4th or 5th jab so your golden, some of us have stopped after 3 others have not had any at all,as long as your jabbed why worry about it"

I don't want to be part of the problem. As sterilising vaccines don't exist for Covid, I could spread it onto someone more vulnerable than me.

(Sixth jab, actually)

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

All the stats are still there,well most of them are anyway. Most are updated less. The infection data has a lag of a couple of weeks because we only have the random Ipsos testing now, no general free testing anymore. It was the most accurate data anyway.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

FYI - we got our flue jabs and the covid booster a few days ago due to mdical reasons. it comparable to flu live you’re life how you did before all this scaremongering started "

I used to regularly catch infectious diseases. Over the new year 2000 to 2001 I was very severely ill with influenza (proper flu, not "i want to throw a sickie at work" flu, or "I've sneezed a couple of times" flu, or man flu). Three months then to get better. I've had the flu jab every year since then, I really do not want to catch that shit again.

Autumn 2017 I caught some different viral infection, not flu but whatever was the flavour of seasonal virus that year. That one developed into a secondary bacterial infection on my chest. Five months later I was more or less recovered, though I've never been able to properly take up again the running and other exercise I was doing until then.

Four months before covid hit this country I attended an international arts _estival, which attracted people from all over the world. Three days later I was coughing my lungs out and very poorly. That superficially cleared by Christmas 2019, but again dropped my athletic ability to almost non-existence.

During the early days of the covid crisis I learned a _lot_ about personal bio-security measures, about the things that I could do to protect myself and others from not just covid but from all the hundreds of other infectious diseases out there. My personal estimate is that this knowledge will allow me to extend my expected lifetime by at least ten years, to avoid illnesses that could easily kill me when I reach my seventies, and to remain strong and enjoying life (and yes, hopefully shagging younger women) well into my eighties.

I don't see that I am currently missing out on life (recent family non-covid tragedies and grieving excluded), merely that I have adjusted my life in ways that I wish I had known about decades earlier. Avoiding my illnesses in 2000/2001, 2017 and 2019 might have allowed me to maintain my physical stamina for years longer, and possibly I would then be looking forward to lasting well into my nineties or even 100 (not impossible, all my grandparents reached late eighties, my mother was mid eighties until killed by an infectious disease, my father is nearly 91 but unlikely to reach that because of cancer that could well be the ultimate result of exposure to toxic materials doing building work during his 40's, before all this "health and safety nonsense" was a thing).

If you prefer to have a shortened lifespan, losing all ability to enjoy life at a younger age, go right ahead. Me, I'm going to trade off the minor inconveniences of a few simple personal protective measures for the likelihood of an extra twenty years of active social life, active sex life, and generally having a good time.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"What are u all worried about? You have all had your 4th or 5th jab so your golden, some of us have stopped after 3 others have not had any at all,as long as your jabbed why worry about it

I don't want to be part of the problem. As sterilising vaccines don't exist for Covid, I could spread it onto someone more vulnerable than me.

(Sixth jab, actually)"

six jabs in less than two shows how well they are working then

over a year ago

What the gov says does go a long way, EG masks in enclosed spaces and as soon as the free for all was given most took them off.

The gov does not care a lot.

We are vaccinated but very mindful about talking with, meeting elderly and or vulnerable people as wearing a mask often protects the other person rather than you but I wore my mask as per rules and beyond

When the mask restrictions we lifted, we got funy looks when wearing one in a supermarket and I thought you iditos as I'm protecting you. Hosptials were very good are enforcing mask wearing re those that could wear them.

Mark my words its going to take off as soon as we get a week or so of really cold weather and then we will get the broken record messages from number 10.

over a year ago

BTW - wearing a mask/vaccine is ones choice but with the info I have I'm all for vaccines and masks as is my family.

I'd feel awful if I learnt that I'd passed on covid to another person

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What are u all worried about? You have all had your 4th or 5th jab so your golden, some of us have stopped after 3 others have not had any at all,as long as your jabbed why worry about it

(Sixth jab, actually)six jabs in less than two shows how well they are working then "

You may believe as you choose.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"BTW - wearing a mask/vaccine is ones choice but with the info I have I'm all for vaccines and masks as is my family.

I'd feel awful if I learnt that I'd passed on covid to another person"

have you never given anyone the flu or a cold before and mask make no difference and been jabbed only protects you

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"What the gov says does go a long way, EG masks in enclosed spaces and as soon as the free for all was given most took them off.

The gov does not care a lot.

We are vaccinated but very mindful about talking with, meeting elderly and or vulnerable people as wearing a mask often protects the other person rather than you but I wore my mask as per rules and beyond

When the mask restrictions we lifted, we got funy looks when wearing one in a supermarket and I thought you iditos as I'm protecting you. Hosptials were very good are enforcing mask wearing re those that could wear them.

Mark my words its going to take off as soon as we get a week or so of really cold weather and then we will get the broken record messages from number 10.mask protect no one and yes infection rates will rise and fall it’s comparable to influenza

"

By *astyfella999Man
over a year ago

newcastle

I got my booster last Saturday Sunday I was ill took a test on Monday Covid

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"BTW - wearing a mask/vaccine is ones choice but with the info I have I'm all for vaccines and masks as is my family.

but at some point you will catch and pass it on

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I don't think they care.

But I think that the Truss government does care. They care that ordinary people have too much money, too much food, too many holidays, do not work enough hours, are free to change jobs, are allowed to strike, are given sick pay, are given weekends, get pensions, are allowed to retire before death, are allowed to vote, are allowed to travel. Truss views all these freedoms as being bad, as being a barrier to the already rich maximising profit.

Those listening carefully to Truss's vision for "Freeport" areas will have heard that these areas are not just to be low tax regions. Truss wants these areas to include not just the port or industrial zone, but to include all land for a distance of 30 miles. And in these areas to effectively dilute all employment law, dilute civil law, dilute human rights - placing power of these into the hands of the "Freeport" owners. To privatise the very land on which the people live. To effectively give the people to the owners. To allow the owners to do anything they bloody well want with the workers.

Obviously the people will have got their sovereignty back from the unelected officials of Europe. But only the billionaire people (most of whom are foreign anyway). The ordinary people will just be the belongings of the billionaires, so won't need any sovereignty anyway.

So the Truss government does care. They care that there is anything whatsoever getting in the way of the extreme few (ie. themselves and their backers) holding power and making money. They care that things are too good for everyone else, who are not worthy to have anything."

It's scandalous that the people here are treated with such contempt and are being returned to the middle ages or earlier, in terms of being treated as savages, to be worked to death.

I digress from Covid. The message is to crack on with life, meaning that money making for the few is more important than investing in continued monitoring and public education.

It's great that some are having boosters offered but it will be the masses that have waning immunity who will share the infections around, including swamping hospitals, more than necessary.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'd feel awful if I learnt that I'd passed on covid to another personbut at some point you will catch and pass it on "

It's still an admirable objective, to want to not be in a chain that will potentially cause the loss of life, or have lifelong consequences for others. The fewer people who infect others, the better

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'd feel awful if I learnt that I'd passed on covid to another personhave you never given anyone the flu or a cold before and mask make no difference and been jabbed only protects you "

Except that masks can prevent infections of others.

Plus, vaccine-derived immunity can help to protect others, by making you less infectious. It wasn't the goal for the vaccines but a positive side-effect.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think they care.

So the Truss government does care. They care that there is anything whatsoever getting in the way of the extreme few (ie. themselves and their backers) holding power and making money. They care that things are too good for everyone else, who are not worthy to have anything."

You will own nothing and be happy.

The elite have already made this clear.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Covid's still here any phone centre will tell you that "We are unexpectedly busy today, call again later"

Read, we can't get the staff as we are a crap employer and don't give a toss about time wasted on hold.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

I'd feel awful if I learnt that I'd passed on covid to another personhave you never given anyone the flu or a cold before and mask make no difference and been jabbed only protects you

Plus, vaccine-derived immunity can help to protect others, by making you less infectious. It wasn't the goal for the vaccines but a positive side-effect. "

masks don’t prevent infection of others and less infectious are you sure about that with the so called covid vax

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

I'd feel awful if I learnt that I'd passed on covid to another personhave you never given anyone the flu or a cold before and mask make no difference and been jabbed only protects you

Plus, vaccine-derived immunity can help to protect others, by making you less infectious. It wasn't the goal for the vaccines but a positive side-effect. masks don’t prevent infection of others and less infectious are you sure about that with the so called covid vax "

Masks don't prevent infections but they do reduce transmission to other and they provide some protection,although only minimal for most masks, for the wearer. And its been explained several times recently why vaccines lower transmission.

By *orset.JMan
over a year ago

Weymouth

The pandemic has moved on to a new phase- Long Covid infections. Lifting of restrictions has lead to a huge increase in numbers as unfortunately vaccines, so far , offer little protection against long Covid developing. Therefore, using more widespread use of NPI’s especially masking is in all our interests . This has not really been explained or communicated effectively by governments so far.

Economically and emotionally, Long Covid is starting to have a huge impact worldwide and like calling out idiotic political ideology ( aka Trusseconomics) the markets are starting to take notice( eg FED in America) of LC because it’s just going to cost us all in the long run.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I got my booster last Saturday Sunday I was ill took a test on Monday Covid "
are you saying that it didn't work? X

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

Plus, vaccine-derived immunity can help to protect others, by making you less infectious. It wasn't the goal for the vaccines but a positive side-effect. masks don’t prevent infection of others and less infectious are you sure about that with the so called covid vax

Masks don't prevent infections but they do reduce transmission to other and they provide some protection,although only minimal for most masks, for the wearer. And its been explained several times recently why vaccines lower transmission."

they don’t though

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

Plus, vaccine-derived immunity can help to protect others, by making you less infectious. It wasn't the goal for the vaccines but a positive side-effect. masks don’t prevent infection of others and less infectious are you sure about that with the so called covid vax

Masks don't prevent infections but they do reduce transmission to other and they provide some protection,although only minimal for most masks, for the wearer. And its been explained several times recently why vaccines lower transmission.they don’t though "

They do and it has been explained several times why they do. But of course you just don't do science.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Oh give Truss, Kamikwazi and gang a break! We all know they are a sandwich short of a picnic and are unable to deal with more than one crisis at a time. And they need to focus on the ones they are creating!

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

Masks don't prevent infections but they do reduce transmission to other and they provide some protection,although only minimal for most masks, for the wearer. And its been explained several times recently why vaccines lower transmission.they don’t though

They do and it has been explained several times why they do. But of course you just don't do science."

i do do science that’s why I know masks in non clinical settings don’t make a difference before covid 20 years of papers said that

By *ylon lover 47Man
over a year ago

Beccles

"I got my booster last Saturday Sunday I was ill took a test on Monday Covid "

I hope you soon feel better but has it occurred to you that your symptoms could be a reaction to the jab & the test is just picking up on the spike protein you've just had injected into you ?

By *ylon lover 47Man
over a year ago

Beccles

Masks don't prevent infections but they do reduce transmission to other and they provide some protection,although only minimal for most masks, for the wearer. And its been explained several times recently why vaccines lower transmission.they don’t though

They do and it has been explained several times why they do. But of course you just don't do science.i do do science that’s why I know masks in non clinical settings don’t make a difference before covid 20 years of papers said that "

Exactly, if masks were effective against airborne respiratory viruses they would have been recommended in previous years when we had bad flu epidemics. Even early in covid the likes of Whitty, Vallance, Van Tam etc made it clear they were ineffective.

By *imes_berksMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

They do and it has been explained several times why they do. But of course you just don't do science.i do do science that’s why I know masks in non clinical settings don’t make a difference before covid 20 years of papers said that

Exactly, if masks were effective against airborne respiratory viruses they would have been recommended in previous years when we had bad flu epidemics. Even early in covid the likes of Whitty, Vallance, Van Tam etc made it clear they were ineffective. "

Yeah so true. It’s not like flu cases went right down due to mask wearing over the winter of 2020. Oh, wait ….

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

The Government is fully 100% engaged in the time honoured tradition of putting fingers in their ears and yelling lalalala and if that fails burying their collective heads in the sand and if that fails they will shut their collective eyes and deny everything !! or failing all the above they'll find someone else to blame ! and it was called once upon a time the scale of denialability ( any pictures/proof)

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The thing that baffles me is why so many people who claim not to care about Covid are opposed to accurate and timely information being put out.

I don't care about football. I don't give a shit if someone has up to the second information of each individual toenail of every single footballer. Because I'm not going to look... because I don't care.

If you don't care, don't look?

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

It’s the next cold we will all live with. The deaths in the press have been forgotten all they say is about infected

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

we are back into full ppe and mask alot of hospitals are over run again care homes are struggling again make no mistake covid numbers has increased alot ... the only difference is the deaths are not as bad but everything is getting clogged up again ... my info is my job and what i see daily ... the big fear is covid and the flu this winter it a unknow the two together ...

best way to see how things are local is see whats happening in the hospitals and care homes they are the main battle grounds if they are flapping then you know there a bigger outbreak

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Plus, vaccine-derived immunity can help to protect others, by making you less infectious. It wasn't the goal for the vaccines but a positive side-effect. masks don’t prevent infection of others and less infectious are you sure about that with the so called covid vax "

Jong, et al "Fully vaccinated individuals had a shorter duration of viable viral shedding and a lower rate of secondary transmission than partially vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals."

By *ylon lover 47Man
over a year ago

Beccles

They do and it has been explained several times why they do. But of course you just don't do science.i do do science that’s why I know masks in non clinical settings don’t make a difference before covid 20 years of papers said that

Exactly, if masks were effective against airborne respiratory viruses they would have been recommended in previous years when we had bad flu epidemics. Even early in covid the likes of Whitty, Vallance, Van Tam etc made it clear they were ineffective.

Yeah so true. It’s not like flu cases went right down due to mask wearing over the winter of 2020. Oh, wait …."

So masks virtually eliminated flu but didn't work for covid ? Or could it be that they didn't work for either & flu was rebranded Covid ? Look at the data from when England lifted mask mandates & Scotland/Wales kept them... nothing changed, they had no effect.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

Yeah so true. It’s not like flu cases went right down due to mask wearing over the winter of 2020. Oh, wait ….

So masks virtually eliminated flu but didn't work for covid ? Or could it be that they didn't work for either & flu was rebranded Covid ? Look at the data from when England lifted mask mandates & Scotland/Wales kept them... nothing changed, they had no effect."

Masks are effective against flu and covid,but covid is many many times more infectious. If the R number is high then mask won't have that much effect. Only things like lock downs hit the R number massively but all those things quite frankly are a pain in the ass compared to having to wear a mask sometimes.

By *ylon lover 47Man
over a year ago

Beccles

So masks virtually eliminated flu but didn't work for covid ? Or could it be that they didn't work for either & flu was rebranded Covid ? Look at the data from when England lifted mask mandates & Scotland/Wales kept them... nothing changed, they had no effect.

Masks are effective against flu and covid,but covid is many many times more infectious. If the R number is high then mask won't have that much effect. Only things like lock downs hit the R number massively but all those things quite frankly are a pain in the ass compared to having to wear a mask sometimes."

If masks are that effective why does over 50 years of scientific research state they are ineffective at infection control for respiratory viruses & why were never recommended in previous severe flu epidemics. Also why is it that when you compare similar countries/states etc with different mask policies there is no noticeable difference in infection rates ?

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

Masks are effective against flu and covid,but covid is many many times more infectious. If the R number is high then mask won't have that much effect. Only things like lock downs hit the R number massively but all those things quite frankly are a pain in the ass compared to having to wear a mask sometimes."

lockdowns were not needed either they cost life’s lower life expectancy push people into poverty and don’t work anyway

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Masks are effective against flu and covid,but covid is many many times more infectious. If the R number is high then mask won't have that much effect. Only things like lock downs hit the R number massively but all those things quite frankly are a pain in the ass compared to having to wear a mask sometimes.lockdowns were not needed either they cost life’s lower life expectancy push people into poverty and don’t work anyway "

Going against the evidence again. I see a pattern here .

The forum has had almost 3 years of detailed discussions with provision of evidence, refuting most, if not all your claims.

There's little point in such a rehash of so much, it gets tedious and doesn't help to install positive goodwill in Fab.

It's better if we are intent in retaining our viewpoints to just do this, without continuous exchanges, especially where all sides include some with inflexible perspectives.

Life is for living and not to bring forward a slow painful death via keyboards

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Masks are effective against flu and covid,but covid is many many times more infectious. If the R number is high then mask won't have that much effect. Only things like lock downs hit the R number massively but all those things quite frankly are a pain in the ass compared to having to wear a mask sometimes.

If masks are that effective why does over 50 years of scientific research state they are ineffective at infection control for respiratory viruses & why were never recommended in previous severe flu epidemics. Also why is it that when you compare similar countries/states etc with different mask policies there is no noticeable difference in infection rates ? "

Erm 1918 Spanish flu mask wearing was advised and quaratines placed.... Guess what there were anti mask wearers calling them muzzles and quarantine protesters then as well

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

Masks are effective against flu and covid,but covid is many many times more infectious. If the R number is high then mask won't have that much effect. Only things like lock downs hit the R number massively but all those things quite frankly are a pain in the ass compared to having to wear a mask sometimes.lockdowns were not needed either they cost life’s lower life expectancy push people into poverty and don’t work anyway

Going against the evidence again. I see a pattern here .

The forum has had almost 3 years of detailed discussions with provision of evidence, refuting most, if not all your claims.

There's little point in such a rehash of so much, it gets tedious and doesn't help to install positive goodwill in Fab.

It's better if we are intent in retaining our viewpoints to just do this, without continuous exchanges, especially where all sides include some with inflexible perspectives.

Life is for living and not to bring forward a slow painful death via keyboards "

lockdiwns make no difference there’s plenty of evidence for that twice when we went rates were dripping and the 3rd time they had dropped before lockdown had a a chance to make a difference . Lockdown don’t make a difference to death rates

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

mask and ppe are no different than condoms they make things safer not safe ... its simple science the more you protect your self the less likely youll get it also the lest you mingle with other the less likely you'll get it not alot in life is 100% ....

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"mask and ppe are no different than condoms they make things safer not safe ... its simple science the more you protect your self the less likely youll get it also the lest you mingle with other the less likely you'll get it not alot in life is 100% .... "
condoms are not like masks at all what a clueless comment

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"mask and ppe are no different than condoms they make things safer not safe ... its simple science the more you protect your self the less likely youll get it also the lest you mingle with other the less likely you'll get it not alot in life is 100% .... condoms are not like masks at all what a clueless comment "

How? Don't wear a condom run the risk of an std/pregnancywear one it lowers.... don't wear a mask run the risk... oh wait

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"mask and ppe are no different than condoms they make things safer not safe ... its simple science the more you protect your self the less likely youll get it also the lest you mingle with other the less likely you'll get it not alot in life is 100% .... condoms are not like masks at all what a clueless comment "

Irony.

over a year ago

I don't think that's the case because they still publish that's however I think the government as well as the public has learned to accept that covid will be part of our lives from now on.

over a year ago

Fortunately if you spend any time with people you are almost certainly going to have passed something on to someone. It's the only way we can guarantee not to pass anything on to anybody else is to live in isolation which is not possible or practical.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

The last thing we need is the government telling the truth about anything.

At the moment you can safely assume that anything they say is complete bollocks 99% of the time.

If they start telling the truth sometimes we won't know what to believe!

By *ylon lover 47Man
over a year ago

Beccles

"mask and ppe are no different than condoms they make things safer not safe ... its simple science the more you protect your self the less likely youll get it also the lest you mingle with other the less likely you'll get it not alot in life is 100% .... "

Yes, like a mask, a loose fitting porous condom is no use at all.

By *ylon lover 47Man
over a year ago

Beccles

"

Erm 1918 Spanish flu mask wearing was advised and quaratines placed.... Guess what there were anti mask wearers calling them muzzles and quarantine protesters then as well "

Yes & it's widely accepted nowadays that the majority of the deaths then were caused by mask induced pneumonia not Spanish Flu.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"mask and ppe are no different than condoms they make things safer not safe ... its simple science the more you protect your self the less likely youll get it also the lest you mingle with other the less likely you'll get it not alot in life is 100% ....

Yes, like a mask, a loose fitting porous condom is no use at all. "

a mask is useful though...

By *ylon lover 47Man
over a year ago

Beccles

"mask and ppe are no different than condoms they make things safer not safe ... its simple science the more you protect your self the less likely youll get it also the lest you mingle with other the less likely you'll get it not alot in life is 100% ....

Yes, like a mask, a loose fitting porous condom is no use at all. a mask is useful though... "

For what ? Certainly not for stopping virus particles 100 times smaller than the pores in the mask material.

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

Yes, like a mask, a loose fitting porous condom is no use at all. a mask is useful though...

For what ? Certainly not for stopping virus particles 100 times smaller than the pores in the mask material. "

which particles are we talking about here as even a cloth mask will reduce the the amount of water droplets that make it to the outside of the mask and since the virus is carried on these droplets it is effectively reducing the viral load that reaches beyond the inside of the mask

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

Yes, like a mask, a loose fitting porous condom is no use at all. a mask is useful though...

For what ? Certainly not for stopping virus particles 100 times smaller than the pores in the mask material.

which particles are we talking about here as even a cloth mask will reduce the the amount of water droplets that make it to the outside of the mask and since the virus is carried on these droplets it is effectively reducing the viral load that reaches beyond the inside of the mask"

True and the ones it doesn't stop it will slow them down so they are in the air for less time and travel less distance.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"

Erm 1918 Spanish flu mask wearing was advised and quaratines placed.... Guess what there were anti mask wearers calling them muzzles and quarantine protesters then as well

Yes & it's widely accepted nowadays that the majority of the deaths then were caused by mask induced pneumonia not Spanish Flu. "

It definitely wasn't

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"

Yes & it's widely accepted nowadays that the majority of the deaths then were caused by mask induced pneumonia not Spanish Flu. "

No it's not, if you're talking about fauci's 2008 paper nowhere did it mention masks, it states very clearly they died of pneumonia after their lungs had been damaged by Spanish flu and made more susceptible and it was easier for the infection to take hold

over a year ago

"

No it really isn't.

Post new Message to Thread