Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Does anyone know ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone know if the over 80s are due a 5th covid jab now ? Some people, including extremely highly vunerable people havn't been able to get their 4th yet.

I've looked online and phoned 2 local doctors surgerys with mixed answers and am hoping the wonderful world of Fab can inform me

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My dad is getting his fifth soon.

over a year ago

It seems strange though that some CEV people havn't been able to get their 4th yet.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It seems strange though that some CEV people havn't been able to get their 4th yet."

I think it's very much a lottery.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"It seems strange though that some CEV people havn't been able to get their 4th yet.

I think it's very much a lottery. "

Yes Fridays jackpot wasn't 16 million quid but a covid booster jab of your choice once a month for the rest of your life.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It seems strange though that some CEV people havn't been able to get their 4th yet.

Yes Fridays jackpot wasn't 16 million quid but a covid booster jab of your choice once a month for the rest of your life. "

I haven't claimed that prize yet.

over a year ago

Yes Fridays jackpot wasn't 16 million quid but a covid booster jab of your choice once a month for the rest of your life. "

I think I'll pass on that thanks, i'm no longer able to have the jabs, had 3 but skipping the rest.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My son is extremely vunerable to Covid due to being immune comprimised, he had his 5th vaccine a couple of months ago.

By *cotslassxagainWoman
over a year ago

Lincoln

I've been invited for my 3rd n no way in hell am I getting it .. we are all just gonna have to live a flu varient ..

over a year ago

Parents in 70s had their 5th last Monday

By *uliette500Woman
over a year ago

Hull

Yes the winter booster is now available. I had mine 2 weeks ago as I'm an NHS worker but over 50s or clinically vulnerable are due their next one.

over a year ago

I'm 70 and have been offered my 5th, I'm not sure whether to have it or not yet

over a year ago

They just rolling out the fourth here

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think there's a lottery element involved in it. I was jabbed on Thursday under clinically vulnerable, but I haven't been classed as clinically vulnerable before.

I'm just grateful to be eligible.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm 70 and have been offered my 5th, I'm not sure whether to have it or not yet"

my nurse friend has had her fifth and tells me that it made her feel a bit unwell but she feels it was worth it

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

They've been very active around me. It should be possible to booj via the NHS website, picking your appointment from any of the clinics etc that are convenient. That's what I have done.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I'm 70 and have been offered my 5th, I'm not sure whether to have it or not yet"

It's worth having, as our immunity wanes and, currently, infection levels are rising quite rapidly. Immunity will take a couple of weeks + to rebuild, so there's a time lag, before you'll get the strongest protection.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Does anyone know if the over 80s are due a 5th covid jab now ? Some people, including extremely highly vunerable people havn't been able to get their 4th yet.

I've looked online and phoned 2 local doctors surgerys with mixed answers and am hoping the wonderful world of Fab can inform me "

whilst not over 80.. when my daughter had her last one she was told she will be called for it 3 months after this last one.. and if not to call them x

over a year ago

I'm 39 and having my 5th jab on Friday. Most people are not contacted about their jabs anymore you have to make the booking.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I had a text the other day letting me know I'm legible to have my 4th jab, gonna book it next week

By *rivextrMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I am sure there are some folk out there who have had 6-7 jabs…

Loving the enthusiasm and motivation to be the first to get the next jab. Is this thing addictive?

over a year ago

"I had a text the other day letting me know I'm legible to have my 4th jab, gonna book it next week "

That’s good, most people I know got the text to book in

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I've had the works email saying we can get our fourth now so I'll be booking it soon

Tg

over a year ago

We both have had our 4th jab and luckily we have had no adverse effects.

over a year ago

My mum (70's) is getting her 5th i think, but she is immune suppressed

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I am sure there are some folk out there who have had 6-7 jabs…

Loving the enthusiasm and motivation to be the first to get the next jab. Is this thing addictive? "

Maybe 67, for me

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"I've been invited for my 3rd n no way in hell am I getting it .. we are all just gonna have to live a flu varient .. "

It's not a flu variant for the 10 billionth time...

It's a coronavirus which is not flu!

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I've been invited for my 3rd n no way in hell am I getting it .. we are all just gonna have to live a flu varient ..

It's a coronavirus which is not flu! "

Gotta love the tenacious wilful ignorance of some people. Fuck medicine we all gotta just live with illness.

By *9 kisses.Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

I've had my third but not going have anymore,

Still get my flu jab every year though,

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"I've been invited for my 3rd n no way in hell am I getting it .. we are all just gonna have to live a flu varient ..

It's a coronavirus which is not flu! "

common cold variant then

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

Gotta love the tenacious wilful ignorance of some people. Fuck medicine we all gotta just live with illness. "

we live with many viruses why this one different

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Gotta love the tenacious wilful ignorance of some people. Fuck medicine we all gotta just live with illness. we live with many viruses why this one different "

We do yes. Not all illnesses are the same. Some illnesses benefit from treatment.

By *urygent1Man
over a year ago

North West

I think it's very much a lottery. "

I heard its now done by your birth month so as to manage the numbers. I have to wait for my flu jab till December and normally get it about now.

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

Gotta love the tenacious wilful ignorance of some people. Fuck medicine we all gotta just live with illness. we live with many viruses why this one different "

I thought we were living with this one now...even as someone who has been vaccinated and wore masks, I am back to normal.

I am however aware that some viruses DO get more severe as they mutate. I am also aware that covid mutations occured at an alarming rate and there was always a reasonable chance that covid would mutate into something much worse. The measles virus has barely changed since the 1950s.

Plenty of reasons to be more aware of covid...

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I had my Flu jab and my 5th Covid jab a couple of days ago.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

All over 50s can now book another booster

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I walked into a car park yesterday and got a flu jab... Or at least that's what they told me it was. On reflection, how very strange our health care has become.

We used to be able to see Dr's and nurses... Now hi Viz car park attendants.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I walked into a car park yesterday and got a flu jab... Or at least that's what they told me it was. On reflection, how very strange our health care has become.

We used to be able to see Dr's and nurses... Now hi Viz car park attendants. "

I've twice had mammograms in a carpark

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I walked into a car park yesterday and got a flu jab... Or at least that's what they told me it was. On reflection, how very strange our health care has become.

We used to be able to see Dr's and nurses... Now hi Viz car park attendants.

I've twice had mammograms in a carpark"

Nooo was it a wetherspoons car park? Behind the wheelie bins and against the wall?

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"I had my Flu jab and my 5th Covid jab a couple of days ago."
5th jab in under two years and you think it effective

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I had my Flu jab and my 5th Covid jab a couple of days ago.5th jab in under two years and you think it effective "

Give it a rest. Surely it's their choice without needing advice.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"I had my Flu jab and my 5th Covid jab a couple of days ago.5th jab in under two years and you think it effective

Give it a rest. Surely it's their choice without needing advice. "

choice really ?

over a year ago

"I had my Flu jab and my 5th Covid jab a couple of days ago.5th jab in under two years and you think it effective

Give it a rest. Surely it's their choice without needing advice. choice really ? "

Yes choice

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I had my Flu jab and my 5th Covid jab a couple of days ago.5th jab in under two years and you think it effective "

Bearing in mind that I am in my early 80s and have not had Covid I am of the opinion that the vaccines are successful and will continue to take them whenever they are offered. My life, My choice.

By *tockport 69Couple
over a year ago

Stockport

Never had one and never been ill been on 9 holidays round the world.but good luck with your jabs

By *igNick1381Man
over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Bearing in mind that I am in my early 80s and have not had Covid I am of the opinion that the vaccines are successful and will continue to take them whenever they are offered. My life, My choice."

I've not had mine, but I'll likely get them when I'm older (the same way I'll get a flu jab when I'm older, I'm only 41 ffs)

The people saying 'don't get it' I don't understand, if people want it, get it. I don't give a shit, and I've no issue with my taxes going towards it

My only issue was always the shrieking of the people who demanded I get it. They can go fuck themselves with a cactus

By *enuineguy76Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

We used to be able to see Dr's and nurses... Now hi Viz car park attendants. "

hi viz ? Maybe they were security guards protecting the NHS!

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

I know people who have had covid a similar number of times. Hardly an effective immune system...

And that's the problem. Measles either by infection or vaccine gives immunity but immune system and vaccines struggle with transmission of covid.

However, the vaccine does help to prevent serious illness and death. Obviously, the elderly are more at risk hence boosters. But, the boosters are safe so shouldn't really be an issue ..

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

I know people who have had covid a similar number of times. Hardly an effective immune system...

And that's the problem. Measles either by infection or vaccine gives immunity but immune system and vaccines struggle with transmission of covid.

However, the vaccine does help to prevent serious illness and death. Obviously, the elderly are more at risk hence boosters. But, the boosters are safe so shouldn't really be an issue ..

"

they are not boosters

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

they are not boosters "

Funny how they state first booster and seasonal booster then

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

they are not boosters

Funny how they state first booster and seasonal booster then "

it’s just the same as the other expect calling a booster means they don’t have to explain that it only lasts around 10 weeks same as the definition of a vaccine had to be changed to class this as a vaccine

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

they are not boosters

Funny how they state first booster and seasonal booster then it’s just the same as the other expect calling a booster means they don’t have to explain that it only lasts around 10 weeks same as the definition of a vaccine had to be changed to class this as a vaccine "

What was the definition of a vaccine and what is the definition now ?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

they are not boosters "

What's a booster?

over a year ago

"I've been invited for my 3rd n no way in hell am I getting it .. we are all just gonna have to live a flu varient .. "

Both of us only had first two and we’re not having any more either.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I guess you didn't notice the differential impact on hospitals and care homes, between Covid and common colds, for example? As a species, we are more vulnerable to certain viruses, than others. Hence efforts invested to eradicate some of them. You'll likely have had some vaccines whilst younger, where some of them also prevented infections taking hold nationally. More recently, measles was kept at bay here and elsewhere, via herd immunity. The fraud of Andrew Wakefield pressured enough people to reduce vaccine takeup, so herd immunity potential was broken. We've since had outbreaks here, as well as in other places with high vaccine avoidance.

Governments take different approaches, depending on the impacts of illnesses, sometimes upon the economy. There's little point in treating everything at the same level of priority.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

they are not boosters

Funny how they state first booster and seasonal booster then it’s just the same as the other expect calling a booster means they don’t have to explain that it only lasts around 10 weeks same as the definition of a vaccine had to be changed to class this as a vaccine "

These tropes keep being trotted out, despite their lack of any truth.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

they are not boosters

Funny how they state first booster and seasonal booster then it’s just the same as the other expect calling a booster means they don’t have to explain that it only lasts around 10 weeks same as the definition of a vaccine had to be changed to class this as a vaccine

These tropes keep being trotted out, despite their lack of any truth. "

the truth is the definition of a vaccine was changed so this could be rolled out under trial

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

they are not boosters

Funny how they state first booster and seasonal booster then it’s just the same as the other expect calling a booster means they don’t have to explain that it only lasts around 10 weeks same as the definition of a vaccine had to be changed to class this as a vaccine

These tropes keep being trotted out, despite their lack of any truth. the truth is the definition of a vaccine was changed so this could be rolled out under trial "

I have asked this earlier in the thread but since you chose not to answer I will ask again. What was the definition of a vaccine and what is it now ?

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Got a txt about a month ago to book havent botherd,have had three jabs and managed to dodge covid for two years, was rushed into hospital earlier this year for emergancy surgery and managed to pick covid up in icu of all places, so three jabs and a dose of covid is enough for me

over a year ago

they are not boosters

These tropes keep being trotted out, despite their lack of any truth. the truth is the definition of a vaccine was changed so this could be rolled out under trial

I have asked this earlier in the thread but since you chose not to answer I will ask again. What was the definition of a vaccine and what is it now ?"

The CDC removed the word "immunity" from the definition of a vaccine, and replaced it with "protection".

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

they are not boosters

These tropes keep being trotted out, despite their lack of any truth. the truth is the definition of a vaccine was changed so this could be rolled out under trial

I have asked this earlier in the thread but since you chose not to answer I will ask again. What was the definition of a vaccine and what is it now ?

The CDC removed the word "immunity" from the definition of a vaccine, and replaced it with "protection"."

Here it is. As pet the cdc. Kind of irrelevant in th UK mind.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

they are not boosters

The CDC removed the word "immunity" from the definition of a vaccine, and replaced it with "protection".

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm"

notvreally irrelevant when the reason we are told to get vaxed is to protect others

over a year ago

We are fast tracking now in most areas.

50+ you should be getting an invite this week, you can book on NBS or ring 119.

Just a brief reply to some comments on here, we are vaccinating to protect ourselves and others around us.

Stay safe x

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

We didn't get heatwaves like this before the vaccines.

Makes you wonder doesnt it.......

Winston

over a year ago

"We didn't get heatwaves like this before the vaccines.

Makes you wonder doesnt it.......

Winston "

end of

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

they are not boosters

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htmnotvreally irrelevant when the reason we are told to get vaxed is to protect others "

Where have you seen that message recently?

Post new Message to Thread