Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Positive

Jump to newest

By *ustaman OP   Man
over a year ago

weymouth

In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've been doing tests regularly...and not once had a false positive. Hope you stay feeling okay about it x

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Thank you for doing the mature and responsible thing, OP.

By *ambslass54Woman
over a year ago

Yaxley, Peterborough

Good for not taking the chance. I'm just recovering from COVID and wouldn't want to give it to anyone.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope you stay asymptomatic.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision."
false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

"false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill "

This is not true at all. Please state where you heard that there are more false positives than negatives?

Asymptomatic people are less likely to pass it on, but it's not unheard of.

By *imes_berksMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision.false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill "

What complete rubbish. False negatives are definitely more common than false positives. It has been estimated that out of every 10,000 LFT tests taken by people without COVID, only 3 will give a false positive. However, it has been estimated that in cases where people have COVID, 30% will have a false negative result from the LFT. Using the numbers above, that equates to 3000 false negatives out of 10,000 LFT tests.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision.false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill "
what rubbish. While an asymptomatic person is less likely to infecte someone else its not impossible. I fact regular testing is one way to protect the vulnerable.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision.false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill what rubbish. While an asymptomatic person is less likely to infecte someone else its not impossible. I fact regular testing is one way to protect the vulnerable. "
it not rubbish a asymptomatic has little chance of inrcting another person and as many experts said never before have we tested well people

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision.false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill

What complete rubbish. False negatives are definitely more common than false positives. It has been estimated that out of every 10,000 LFT tests taken by people without COVID, only 3 will give a false positive. However, it has been estimated that in cases where people have COVID, 30% will have a false negative result from the LFT. Using the numbers above, that equates to 3000 false negatives out of 10,000 LFT tests. "

false positives are more common specially with pcr test which most people use . You should only test if you are unwell

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill

This is not true at all. Please state where you heard that there are more false positives than negatives?

Asymptomatic people are less likely to pass it on, but it's not unheard of. "

not yes it’s not unheard and you should only test if you are Ill

By *imes_berksMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision.false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill

What complete rubbish. False negatives are definitely more common than false positives. It has been estimated that out of every 10,000 LFT tests taken by people without COVID, only 3 will give a false positive. However, it has been estimated that in cases where people have COVID, 30% will have a false negative result from the LFT. Using the numbers above, that equates to 3000 false negatives out of 10,000 LFT tests. false positives are more common specially with pcr test which most people use . You should only test if you are unwell "

WTF. Most people use PCR tests? Er no. Off the shelf LFT tests are the rapid way to test. As is the case by the OP.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

What complete rubbish. False negatives are definitely more common than false positives. It has been estimated that out of every 10,000 LFT tests taken by people without COVID, only 3 will give a false positive. However, it has been estimated that in cases where people have COVID, 30% will have a false negative result from the LFT. Using the numbers above, that equates to 3000 false negatives out of 10,000 LFT tests. false positives are more common specially with pcr test which most people use . You should only test if you are unwell "

that's not true at all. I've never had a false positive. Only tested positive when actually had covid.. actually once most people with the latest variant have symptoms they are about half way through. I think I'm on about 400 tests recorded now x not including my pcrs that were twice weekly... then weekly and now just on the weeks if someone at work has been reported to have been in contact with a positive case but still testing before we come on shift

By *imes_berksMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

Forgot to say that again you are completely wrong about PCR tests. Again these give more false negatives compared to false positives.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

What complete rubbish. False negatives are definitely more common than false positives. It has been estimated that out of every 10,000 LFT tests taken by people without COVID, only 3 will give a false positive. However, it has been estimated that in cases where people have COVID, 30% will have a false negative result from the LFT. Using the numbers above, that equates to 3000 false negatives out of 10,000 LFT tests. false positives are more common specially with pcr test which most people use . You should only test if you are unwell

Forgot to say that again you are completely wrong about PCR tests. Again these give more false negatives compared to false positives."

pcr tests give more false positives and they were never meant for this

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

What complete rubbish. False negatives are definitely more common than false positives. It has been estimated that out of every 10,000 LFT tests taken by people without COVID, only 3 will give a false positive. However, it has been estimated that in cases where people have COVID, 30% will have a false negative result from the LFT. Using the numbers above, that equates to 3000 false negatives out of 10,000 LFT tests. false positives are more common specially with pcr test which most people use . You should only test if you are unwell that's not true at all. I've never had a false positive. Only tested positive when actually had covid.. actually once most people with the latest variant have symptoms they are about half way through. I think I'm on about 400 tests recorded now x not including my pcrs that were twice weekly... then weekly and now just on the weeks if someone at work has been reported to have been in contact with a positive case but still testing before we come on shift

"

how do you know you’ve never had a false positive and 400 tests that’s well over the top . I know people who on covid wards who hardly tested . All this testing yourself when you’re well is over the top

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

"

how do you know you’ve never had a false positive and 400 tests that’s well over the top . I know people who on covid wards who hardly tested . All this testing yourself when you’re well is over the top "

.you know some very dodgy professionals... and no I'm tested before every shift...as to how I know I've not had a false positive... well out of all those tests 10 were positive...funny enough I had covid while I was testing positive... strange how that works.

Every professional in health care that I know are all testing minimumof twice

a week.. (and that's a lot, including covid wards and volunteers for the clinics)

.I wouldn't be allowed into work without testing

By *imes_berksMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

What complete rubbish. False negatives are definitely more common than false positives. It has been estimated that out of every 10,000 LFT tests taken by people without COVID, only 3 will give a false positive. However, it has been estimated that in cases where people have COVID, 30% will have a false negative result from the LFT. Using the numbers above, that equates to 3000 false negatives out of 10,000 LFT tests. false positives are more common specially with pcr test which most people use . You should only test if you are unwell

Forgot to say that again you are completely wrong about PCR tests. Again these give more false negatives compared to false positives. pcr tests give more false positives and they were never meant for this "

Taurus excreta

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"

how do you know you’ve never had a false positive and 400 tests that’s well over the top . I know people who on covid wards who hardly tested . All this testing yourself when you’re well is over the top

.you know some very dodgy professionals... and no I'm tested before every shift...as to how I know I've not had a false positive... well out of all those tests 10 were positive...funny enough I had covid while I was testing positive... strange how that works.

Every professional in health care that I know are all testing minimumof twice

a week.. (and that's a lot, including covid wards and volunteers for the clinics)

.I wouldn't be allowed into work without testing "

but you only know you had covid from the tests so if the test is inaccurate you don’t know you could have just had the common cold and I know loads of nurses doctors who only test if they are Ill which is what you should do

By *ustaman OP   Man
over a year ago

weymouth

It used to be politics and religion that were the no go areas for public discussion now it seems COVID and the vaccine and or testing seems to be added to the list. I've had several messages berating me for testing when I'm not showing symptoms, well personally I'd prefer to attempt to mitigate against the risk of possibly being a carrier (as much as I can) and not run the risk of infecting someone with COVID, very similar to being tested for sti even though you have no symptoms (yet).

I'd appreciate it if folks could just accept that my position is mine alone, I'm not subjecting it in anyone else neither am I telling others they're wrong - as with many things it comes down to a personal choice, mine is to take the vaccine/boosters etc and test if I'm going to potentially be in very close proximity to others

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry you've received that kind of tripe, OP.

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

Well done OP for doing the correct and responsible thing. I completely agree with your thinking . I hope you aren't receiving personal messages having a go at you, as this topic does seem to attract a fair amount of angry inconsiderate *swearword folk, as I have witnessed personally unfortunately. Plenty of folk added to my block list recently.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"Well done OP for doing the correct and responsible thing. I completely agree with your thinking . I hope you aren't receiving personal messages having a go at you, as this topic does seem to attract a fair amount of angry inconsiderate *swearword folk, as I have witnessed personally unfortunately. Plenty of folk added to my block list recently. "
the abuse mainly comes from people who believe the scaremongering government narrative 100% and want to stay in restriction and wear a mask forever

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Hope you stay predominantly well. I've encountered a few people, including young, strong, healthy ones, who've not been fortunate and suffered badly. Positive infectivity seems lingering too.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

"It used to be politics and religion that were the no go areas for public discussion now it seems COVID and the vaccine and or testing seems to be added to the list. I've had several messages berating me for testing when I'm not showing symptoms, well personally I'd prefer to attempt to mitigate against the risk of possibly being a carrier (as much as I can) and not run the risk of infecting someone with COVID, very similar to being tested for sti even though you have no symptoms (yet).

I'd appreciate it if folks could just accept that my position is mine alone, I'm not subjecting it in anyone else neither am I telling others they're wrong - as with many things it comes down to a personal choice, mine is to take the vaccine/boosters etc and test if I'm going to potentially be in very close proximity to others"

you have done the right thing. Too many don't understand that lft tests shouldn't be used if you show symptoms... they are for picking up asymptomatic cases such as yours.

Your attitude is perfect about covid... and if more people did this then it would be helpful but on that one I blame the removal of free tests for most.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It used to be politics and religion that were the no go areas for public discussion now it seems COVID and the vaccine and or testing seems to be added to the list. I've had several messages berating me for testing when I'm not showing symptoms, well personally I'd prefer to attempt to mitigate against the risk of possibly being a carrier (as much as I can) and not run the risk of infecting someone with COVID, very similar to being tested for sti even though you have no symptoms (yet).

I'd appreciate it if folks could just accept that my position is mine alone, I'm not subjecting it in anyone else neither am I telling others they're wrong - as with many things it comes down to a personal choice, mine is to take the vaccine/boosters etc and test if I'm going to potentially be in very close proximity to others you have done the right thing. Too many don't understand that lft tests shouldn't be used if you show symptoms... they are for picking up asymptomatic cases such as yours.

Your attitude is perfect about covid... and if more people did this then it would be helpful but on that one I blame the removal of free tests for most. "

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Well done OP for doing the correct and responsible thing. I completely agree with your thinking . I hope you aren't receiving personal messages having a go at you, as this topic does seem to attract a fair amount of angry inconsiderate *swearword folk, as I have witnessed personally unfortunately. Plenty of folk added to my block list recently. the abuse mainly comes from people who believe the scaremongering government narrative 100% and want to stay in restriction and wear a mask forever "

Considering the government have, for quite some time now, been pretending the pandemic is over and we can all go back to normal, what "scaremongering narrative" is it you're referring to?

Also, do you *genuinely believe* that anyone *actively wants* to "stay in restriction"?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"Well done OP for doing the correct and responsible thing. I completely agree with your thinking . I hope you aren't receiving personal messages having a go at you, as this topic does seem to attract a fair amount of angry inconsiderate *swearword folk, as I have witnessed personally unfortunately. Plenty of folk added to my block list recently. the abuse mainly comes from people who believe the scaremongering government narrative 100% and want to stay in restriction and wear a mask forever "

Scaremongering government? Maybe in some alternative dimension. Our government declared covid over and gone more than a year ago, withdrew free tests, closed down the reporting centres, told everyone to throw masks away, stopped taking any statistics, banned the hospitals from publishing any covid numbers, ended every last restriction.

Can you name one single government minister that at any time since early 2021 has made a single "scaremongering" statement about covid?

Meanwhile every hospital has been rammed full, hundreds of thousands of people will never be healthy again, more children have died of covid related and exacerbated conditions than in all of 2020 and 2021 put together, and the global intelligence level is plummeting as more and more people develop serious brain damage due to long covid.

There is zero abuse coming from people that still see covid as the direct cause of the most damage ever done to global health since the black death, the people that still try to protect their own health. The abuse is solely coming from idiots that know in their deepest souls that they have utterly fucked over their own health prospects, and want everyone else to go the same way so that they can pretend it was all inevitable.

Personally I would like to eventually reach my 90th birthday and still have enough health and wit to celebrate with some good shagging. Unlike the vast majority who will be either drooling idiots or pegging out before 60 after their 15th bout of covid.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"Well done OP for doing the correct and responsible thing. I completely agree with your thinking . I hope you aren't receiving personal messages having a go at you, as this topic does seem to attract a fair amount of angry inconsiderate *swearword folk, as I have witnessed personally unfortunately. Plenty of folk added to my block list recently. the abuse mainly comes from people who believe the scaremongering government narrative 100% and want to stay in restriction and wear a mask forever

Scaremongering government? Maybe in some alternative dimension. Our government declared covid over and gone more than a year ago, withdrew free tests, closed down the reporting centres, told everyone to throw masks away, stopped taking any statistics, banned the hospitals from publishing any covid numbers, ended every last restriction.

Can you name one single government minister that at any time since early 2021 has made a single "scaremongering" statement about covid?

Meanwhile every hospital has been rammed full, hundreds of thousands of people will never be healthy again, more children have died of covid related and exacerbated conditions than in all of 2020 and 2021 put together, and the global intelligence level is plummeting as more and more people develop serious brain damage due to long covid.

There is zero abuse coming from people that still see covid as the direct cause of the most damage ever done to global health since the black death, the people that still try to protect their own health. The abuse is solely coming from idiots that know in their deepest souls that they have utterly fucked over their own health prospects, and want everyone else to go the same way so that they can pretend it was all inevitable.

Personally I would like to eventually reach my 90th birthday and still have enough health and wit to celebrate with some good shagging. Unlike the vast majority who will be either drooling idiots or pegging out before 60 after their 15th bout of covid."

what a totally hysterical reply lockdowns restrictions and the way a lot of the nhs has taken more life’s than covid and comparing it to the Black Death is ludricous and yes a scaremongering government narrative which cost billions to promote . If there’s a reason the country’s health is worse it’s because of lockdown and rescrictions and I’ve had plenty of abuse off people who want masks and rescrictions forever

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"Well done OP for doing the correct and responsible thing. I completely agree with your thinking . I hope you aren't receiving personal messages having a go at you, as this topic does seem to attract a fair amount of angry inconsiderate *swearword folk, as I have witnessed personally unfortunately. Plenty of folk added to my block list recently. the abuse mainly comes from people who believe the scaremongering government narrative 100% and want to stay in restriction and wear a mask forever

Personally I would like to eventually reach my 90th birthday and still have enough health and wit to celebrate with some good shagging. Unlike the vast majority who will be either drooling idiots or pegging out before 60 after their 15th bout of covid.what a totally hysterical reply lockdowns restrictions and the way a lot of the nhs has taken more life’s than covid and comparing it to the Black Death is ludricous and yes a scaremongering government narrative which cost billions to promote . If there’s a reason the country’s health is worse it’s because of lockdown and rescrictions and I’ve had plenty of abuse off people who want masks and rescrictions forever "

Give me one single example of government "scaremongering" in the last 18 months. There are none.

There are also no people that want masks and restrictions forever. There are only intelligent people who practise their own self protection proportionate to the ongoing dangers of a killer virus. These people would love nothing more than to be able to burn their masks and move freely in society again, but this is impossible while there are still idiots that refuse to adhere to even the simplest bio safety measures. Some of us can now only see a path to our own freedom when sufficient of the covidiots die off.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

Personally I would like to eventually reach my 90th birthday and still have enough health and wit to celebrate with some good shagging. Unlike the vast majority who will be either drooling idiots or pegging out before 60 after their 15th bout of covid.what a totally hysterical reply lockdowns restrictions and the way a lot of the nhs has taken more life’s than covid and comparing it to the Black Death is ludricous and yes a scaremongering government narrative which cost billions to promote . If there’s a reason the country’s health is worse it’s because of lockdown and rescrictions and I’ve had plenty of abuse off people who want masks and rescrictions forever

Give me one single example of government "scaremongering" in the last 18 months. There are none.

There are also no people that want masks and restrictions forever. There are only intelligent people who practise their own self protection proportionate to the ongoing dangers of a killer virus. These people would love nothing more than to be able to burn their masks and move freely in society again, but this is impossible while there are still idiots that refuse to adhere to even the simplest bio safety measures. Some of us can now only see a path to our own freedom when sufficient of the covidiots die off."

it’s comparable to influenza now and we live with many viruses . Your totally irrational about this virus that has never been the deadliest thing around . Time to stop worrying about it and get in with life

By *ik MMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

Personally I would like to eventually reach my 90th birthday and still have enough health and wit to celebrate with some good shagging. Unlike the vast majority who will be either drooling idiots or pegging out before 60 after their 15th bout of covid.what a totally hysterical reply lockdowns restrictions and the way a lot of the nhs has taken more life’s than covid and comparing it to the Black Death is ludricous and yes a scaremongering government narrative which cost billions to promote . If there’s a reason the country’s health is worse it’s because of lockdown and rescrictions and I’ve had plenty of abuse off people who want masks and rescrictions forever

There are also no people that want masks and restrictions forever. There are only intelligent people who practise their own self protection proportionate to the ongoing dangers of a killer virus. These people would love nothing more than to be able to burn their masks and move freely in society again, but this is impossible while there are still idiots that refuse to adhere to even the simplest bio safety measures. Some of us can now only see a path to our own freedom when sufficient of the covidiots die off."

Ahh, the ‘nice, tolerant’ folk wishing harm and even death upon the others… This world is well and truly upside down

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision.false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill what rubbish. While an asymptomatic person is less likely to infecte someone else its not impossible. I fact regular testing is one way to protect the vulnerable. "

But wait... Wasn't the vaccine supposed to protect the vulnerable and elderly (and everyone) from serious illness and death? So if the jab works why are you concerned about passing covid on?

By *orayFWoman
over a year ago

Moray

[Removed by poster at 07/10/22 22:35:21]

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

Pahahhaah your the covidiot and I'm sure after your 27th booster with your 17 face nappies on showering in hand sanitiser it won't take long for you to pop off this mortal plane tat tar

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

There are also no people that want masks and restrictions forever. There are only intelligent people who practise their own self protection proportionate to the ongoing dangers of a killer virus. These people would love nothing more than to be able to burn their masks and move freely in society again, but this is impossible while there are still idiots that refuse to adhere to even the simplest bio safety measures. Some of us can now only see a path to our own freedom when sufficient of the covidiots die off.

Pahahhaah your the covidiot and I'm sure after your 27th booster with your 17 face nappies on showering in hand sanitiser it won't take long for you to pop off this mortal plane tat tar"

well said some people are totally hysterical about this project fear worked on some

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

PCR tests are not lateral flow which is an antibody based test. For PCR you send sample to a lab. which is currently only being done for hospital admissions or randomised testing.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision.false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill what rubbish. While an asymptomatic person is less likely to infecte someone else its not impossible. I fact regular testing is one way to protect the vulnerable.

But wait... Wasn't the vaccine supposed to protect the vulnerable and elderly (and everyone) from serious illness and death? So if the jab works why are you concerned about passing covid on? "

This far along do you really need the simple bits explaining... vaccines have seriously reduced the effects but why would you not worry about passing it on... same as flu.. you do your best not to give it to anyone.. ie.. you stay home ... if you go out you avoid people as Much as possible.

I hate all this bollocks about if the vaccine works... it's doing its job.. unfortunately at present it's still a new virus and it's ever changing... like flu.. and colds but the experts are doing a grand job of trying to keep on top of it.

Fingers crossed that soon the vaccines will be like flu... just annually.

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision.false positives are more common than false neglitives and if you asymptomatic the likely hood is your not contagious . Never before have we treated well people as if they are Ill what rubbish. While an asymptomatic person is less likely to infecte someone else its not impossible. I fact regular testing is one way to protect the vulnerable.

But wait... Wasn't the vaccine supposed to protect the vulnerable and elderly (and everyone) from serious illness and death? So if the jab works why are you concerned about passing covid on?

This far along do you really need the simple bits explaining... vaccines have seriously reduced the effects but why would you not worry about passing it on... same as flu.. you do your best not to give it to anyone.. ie.. you stay home ... if you go out you avoid people as Much as possible.

I hate all this bollocks about if the vaccine works... it's doing its job.. unfortunately at present it's still a new virus and it's ever changing... like flu.. and colds but the experts are doing a grand job of trying to keep on top of it.

Fingers crossed that soon the vaccines will be like flu... just annually. "

think you need to don you’re research on the flu vax very hit and miss and the anual flu vax is based on australias winter flu mutant that’s why some years thousands die in a short period from it . Covid should now be treated like flu

By *omDateMan
over a year ago

Newton Abbot

Certified tester here.

False positive are common, particularly when doing so at home.

Main reason is, not following the instructions properly.

Having eaten or d*unk too recently (leave at least 30min after eating/drinking before taking test)

Contamination, you havent cleaned the packaging, your hands and the area around you before opening.

Waiting too long before reading. Results after the 15 mins or 30 mins (depending on kit) are void as the replication process does not cease.

Inaccurate reference sample, innova is very prone to picking up 229e and identifying as SARS-cov2.

You've got and used an assay kit. (Every 100 batch contains 5 pre set kits for test centre to monitor procedures, 2 are preset negative, 3 are preset positive.

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Welcome to 2022 !

Were you asleep for the first 9 months

Just to catch you up ...

The government has better things to worry about than making you stay at home wearing a mask lol

Love the false positive thing lol it's like a kiddies playground at times !!

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"Certified tester here.

Having eaten or d*unk too recently (leave at least 30min after eating/drinking before taking test)

Contamination, you havent cleaned the packaging, your hands and the area around you before opening.

Waiting too long before reading. Results after the 15 mins or 30 mins (depending on kit) are void as the replication process does not cease.

Inaccurate reference sample, innova is very prone to picking up 229e and identifying as SARS-cov2.

You've got and used an assay kit. (Every 100 batch contains 5 pre set kits for test centre to monitor procedures, 2 are preset negative, 3 are preset positive."

Mr Certified tester, you have been lied to.

Signed

Test manufacturing QA manager

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

you will be waiting for ever then seems as most people are getting on with life, everywhere i go those wearing masks are in a small minority, most people i know aint bothering with anymore jabs, but you do you polly but you will be doing it for ever more, and very classy of you wishing people die, you class act you hahaha bet you are one of those who parroted the be kind catchphrase a year or two ago, hypocrite springs to mind

By *omDateMan
over a year ago

Newton Abbot

"Certified tester here.

You've got and used an assay kit. (Every 100 batch contains 5 pre set kits for test centre to monitor procedures, 2 are preset negative, 3 are preset positive.

Signed

Test manufacturing QA manager"

Lied to? Not at all, everything I have said their is either in the handbook or public record/advice from WHO.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/pcr-home-testing-for-people-eligible-for-new-covid-19-treatments/pcr-home-test-instructions-for-people-eligible-for-new-covid-19-treatments

Shows clearly 30 mins after eating, drinking and smoking/vaping (which I forgot to include)

It also includes (very basic) instruction on avoiding contamination.

On the 6th of June 2021 the FDA refused to approve several innova test kits, those kits were class 1 recalled and also dropped from the approved list by WHO. The UK still uses those kits, particularly batch 3T, 7T and 25T which Innova themselves cite as being (quote)discontinue use of these tests to screen for or diagnose COVID-19; identify and remove all affected tests from inventory; destroy the tests or return the tests to Innova; and complete and return the Innova form indicating the number of destroyed or returned tests. (/end quote)

So Mr production QA (which I doubt) where is the lie?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"Certified tester here.

Signed

Lied to? Not at all, everything I have said their is either in the handbook or public record/advice from WHO.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/pcr-home-testing-for-people-eligible-for-new-covid-19-treatments/pcr-home-test-instructions-for-people-eligible-for-new-covid-19-treatments

Shows clearly 30 mins after eating, drinking and smoking/vaping (which I forgot to include)

On the 6th of June 2021 the FDA refused to approve several innova test kits, those kits were class 1 recalled and also dropped from the approved list by WHO. The UK still uses those kits, particularly batch 3T, 7T and 25T which Innova themselves cite as being (quote)discontinue use of these tests to screen for or diagnose COVID-19; identify and remove all affected tests from inventory; destroy the tests or return the tests to Innova; and complete and return the Innova form indicating the number of destroyed or returned tests. (/end quote)

So Mr production QA (which I doubt) where is the lie?"

FDA are you american?

By *omDateMan
over a year ago

Newton Abbot

"Certified tester here.

Signed

FDA are you american? "

No, the FDA was the first to reject those tests, which, if you were paying attention, Innova themselves cited them as innacurate and issued a worldwide class 1 recall 4 days later. The UK did not return the kits despite this.. no matter which side of the argument you sit, a test kit that the manufacturer themselves says is (quote) dangerously innacurate (/end quote) should be taken out of use as soon as the recall was issued.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"Certified tester here.

Signed

FDA are you american?

No, the FDA was the first to reject those tests, which, if you were paying attention, Innova themselves cited them as innacurate and issued a worldwide class 1 recall 4 days later. The UK did not return the kits despite this.. no matter which side of the argument you sit, a test kit that the manufacturer themselves says is (quote) dangerously innacurate (/end quote) should be taken out of use as soon as the recall was issued.

"

Those particular haven't been used over here probably over 2 years in the uk. Since we are talking about home lateral flow tests only and you are a certified you will know the number of false positives for these tests are tiny compared to the false negatives mainly due to people not going deep enough in their nostrils or throat because it is uncomfortable.

By *omDateMan
over a year ago

Newton Abbot

"Certified tester here.

Signed

FDA are you american?

Those particular haven't been used over here probably over 2 years in the uk. Since we are talking about home lateral flow tests only and you are a certified you will know the number of false positives for these tests are tiny compared to the false negatives mainly due to people not going deep enough in their nostrils or throat because it is uncomfortable."

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were active in stock control of test kits or quality controlling results of tests.

Do you know what happens to out of date kits when they return to central distribution? The seal is sometimes checked and a new date sticker is applied.

Have you opened a 'brand new' box of kits to find them open, out of date with a new date sticker as the 'seal'?

Yeah, people dont always do the test properly, I said as much in my reasons for innacurate test results further up the thread.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"Certified tester here.

Signed

FDA are you american?

Those particular haven't been used over here probably over 2 years in the uk. Since we are talking about home lateral flow tests only and you are a certified you will know the number of false positives for these tests are tiny compared to the false negatives mainly due to people not going deep enough in their nostrils or throat because it is uncomfortable.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were active in stock control of test kits or quality controlling results of tests.

Do you know what happens to out of date kits when they return to central distribution? The seal is sometimes checked and a new date sticker is applied.

Have you opened a 'brand new' box of kits to find them open, out of date with a new date sticker as the 'seal'?

Yeah, people dont always do the test properly, I said as much in my reasons for innacurate test results further up the thread."

I do know about GMP and what it means. The reason that batch failed,it was the swabs, which weren't up to GMP. Our government, whom I disagree with about most things, and pretty every other government made the decision to use them. As at the time people were supposed to confirm a positive LFT with a PCR. This was about 2 years ago anyway and only a tiny proportion of tests.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"In my lead up to going to a club I did a lat flow test which irritatingly came back positive, feel fine. Might be a false positive but my understanding is these are rare at least rarer than false negs, so I've relinquished my spot at gems this weds to give them at least half a chance of filling it. I'll do another test tomorrow but it won't make any difference to the decision."

Don’t do another one the next day as it will still be positive, they have to be done on day 5 from the first day it was positive, you may feel fine but you’ll still be infectious

By *omDateMan
over a year ago

Newton Abbot

"Certified tester here.

Signed

FDA are you american?

Yeah, people dont always do the test properly, I said as much in my reasons for innacurate test results further up the thread.

I do know about GMP and what it means. The reason that batch failed,it was the swabs, which weren't up to GMP. Our government, whom I disagree with about most things, and pretty every other government made the decision to use them. As at the time people were supposed to confirm a positive LFT with a PCR. This was about 2 years ago anyway and only a tiny proportion of tests."

I didnt even bring up that fiasco.. contaminated swabs are no joke.

Actually, way back at the start, a positive test was supposed to be referred for further clinical diagnosis. The tests were never supposed to be an absolute as even the best has too great a margin of error.

That aside, it does not alter the fact that we used, and are still using tests that have been recalled by the manufacturer as dangerously innacurate, (Their words).

By *pl4u300Couple
over a year ago

haverfordwet

We tested positive last week, caught it off son who we think caught it off someone who works in local hospital where apparently it is full of covid , yet I've heard they stopped using masks whereas in my health care job we still got to wear them

over a year ago

Should i comment here you humans are funny indeed!

By *pl4u300Couple
over a year ago

haverfordwet

We tested positive last week, caught it off son who we think caught it off someone who works in local hospital where apparently it is full of covid , yet I've heard they stopped using masks whereas in my health care job we still got to wear them

over a year ago

"We tested positive last week, caught it off son who we think caught it off someone who works in local hospital where apparently it is full of covid , yet I've heard they stopped using masks whereas in my health care job we still got to wear them "

Remenber fear isn`t from your own knowledge but those in media and power lol

Masks have helped humans for last 3 years when? funny ones. x

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I've been doing tests regularly...and not once had a false positive. Hope you stay feeling okay about it x "

Same here... working in education, I was testing 5 times a week for well over a year and didn't get a single positive from all of those tests. My first positive came much later after Anita tested positive, and I continued to test positive for three days before returning a clear result again.

Cal

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"We tested positive last week, caught it off son who we think caught it off someone who works in local hospital where apparently it is full of covid , yet I've heard they stopped using masks whereas in my health care job we still got to wear them

Masks have helped humans for last 3 years when? funny ones. x"

This is how masks "Helped" reduce the spread of covid... it's incredibly obvious really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeYfUTA11s&t=1s

They would also work to help reduce flue & colds if people wore them when they needed.

Cal

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"

Yeah, people dont always do the test properly, I said as much in my reasons for innacurate test results further up the thread."

Making up fantasy stories to perpetuate a silly argument doesn't make people look clever, quite the opposite actually.

By *omDateMan
over a year ago

Newton Abbot

"

Making up fantasy stories to perpetuate a silly argument doesn't make people look clever, quite the opposite actually."

I didn't raise you were involved in and qualified I the testing process and supply chain management.

Fyi, just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it isnt so. The same thing is happening with PPE, particularly in the care home industry.

over a year ago

"We tested positive last week, caught it off son who we think caught it off someone who works in local hospital where apparently it is full of covid , yet I've heard they stopped using masks whereas in my health care job we still got to wear them

This is how masks "Helped" reduce the spread of covid... it's incredibly obvious really.

They would also work to help reduce flue & colds if people wore them when they needed.

Cal"

When you are grown up you are tought to question things, so you think a piece of cotton will save everyone? if you where told not to go out cause you might kill people like you where, did you believe that? i expect the usual anti vaxxer comments but i`m intrigued how each human percieves the things they are told. i`ve never had a jab, or wore a mask, never had covid or know of anyone that has around me. luckily i don`t read media or watch it. iv`e worked in funeral industry and have seen the truth so i`m not your average troll. enjoy reading.

By *ustaman OP   Man
over a year ago

weymouth

Cal

When you are grown up you are tought to question things, so you think a piece of cotton will save everyone? if you where told not to go out cause you might kill people like you where, did you believe that? i expect the usual anti vaxxer comments but i`m intrigued how each human percieves the things they are told. i`ve never had a jab, or wore a mask, never had covid or know of anyone that has around me. luckily i don`t read media or watch it. iv`e worked in funeral industry and have seen the truth so i`m not your average troll. enjoy reading.

"

Risk and perception of risk, I've had it twice - whether it would have been worse if I hadn't been vaccinated I don't know but I believe it probably would have been. I have a friend who having caught COVID caused a massive flare up of her Addison disease and put her back in intensive care, that flare up may have happened anyway but like many other conditions they're often made worse when your immune system is already under stress in this case COVID. I'm pleased you've never caught it or even know anyone who has in its initial variants it isn't a pleasant disease

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Cal

"

You have several misconceptions but good luck

over a year ago

Cal

You have several misconceptions but good luck "

i`m sure as humans you have too! i don`t need luck! i`ll be in ash form at some point like every human! i have ill health but still don`t take any jabs tah x

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Staying away is the grown up thing to do, there will be other days.

Get well soon.

Post new Message to Thread