Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

NHS staff to pay for own LFT

Jump to newest

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

May have been mentioned in one of the threads and eems crazy to me but is everyone aware that from next week, the government is expecting all NHS staff either to pay for their own LFTs or to stop self-testing & potentially come to work with Covid, infecting vulnerable patients?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's completely bonkers.

Giving tests to vulnerable people is a good idea, but wouldn't it be better if their non vulnerable contacts can screen themselves to avoid infecting the vulnerable?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It's completely bonkers.

Giving tests to vulnerable people is a good idea, but wouldn't it be better if their non vulnerable contacts can screen themselves to avoid infecting the vulnerable?"

You can if live with a vulnerable person or are their career I believe.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman
over a year ago

lancashire

Shocking...ALL NHS and care workers should get the tests free...ideally every one to continue to get free LFT's...the NHS waste money on providing drug addicts with items for them to 'cook' their Heroin in then give them some vitamins too...WTF?

over a year ago

"Shocking...ALL NHS and care workers should get the tests free...ideally every one to continue to get free LFT's...the NHS waste money on providing drug addicts with items for them to 'cook' their Heroin in then give them some vitamins too...WTF? "

Not sure that's a fair comparison because even drug addicts deserve appropriate medical care.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's completely bonkers.

Giving tests to vulnerable people is a good idea, but wouldn't it be better if their non vulnerable contacts can screen themselves to avoid infecting the vulnerable?

You can if live with a vulnerable person or are their career I believe. "

Yeah, but that excludes a lot of people who come into contact with the vulnerable. Certainly there are none for my charity, and it's what we do.

over a year ago

lancashire

"Shocking...ALL NHS and care workers should get the tests free...ideally every one to continue to get free LFT's...the NHS waste money on providing drug addicts with items for them to 'cook' their Heroin in then give them some vitamins too...WTF?

Not sure that's a fair comparison because even drug addicts deserve appropriate medical care."

They do get medical help when they need it..IE: Drug overdose, having to have a limb amputated as they have injected in to the veins or miss that vein, Ulcers too, not just a drain on the NHS it's also a drain on sickness benefits and PIP money claimed from DWP. If they want to cook Heroin let them use one of their spoons or buy tin foil..so many better ways for NHS funds to be used, NHS providing needle exchanges with a sharps tub to prevent passing blood born virus yet some still leave dirty used needles lying about.

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

"Shocking...ALL NHS and care workers should get the tests free...ideally every one to continue to get free LFT's...the NHS waste money on providing drug addicts with items for them to 'cook' their Heroin in then give them some vitamins too...WTF?

Not sure that's a fair comparison because even drug addicts deserve appropriate medical care.

They do get medical help when they need it..IE: Drug overdose, having to have a limb amputated as they have injected in to the veins or miss that vein, Ulcers too, not just a drain on the NHS it's also a drain on sickness benefits and PIP money claimed from DWP. If they want to cook Heroin let them use one of their spoons or buy tin foil..so many better ways for NHS funds to be used, NHS providing needle exchanges with a sharps tub to prevent passing blood born virus yet some still leave dirty used needles lying about. "

The needle exchange program reduces the cost injecting addicts in particular have on the nhs for fuck sake. Why do you think it was introduced, because it helps reduce the number of overdoses and other serious issues by the very fact of giving them clean equipment. And if your next response is why are we helping their drug habit and making it easier and safer to inject rather than get them off drugs then there aren't enough hours in the day to explain it in a way that would change your mind. but id give it a go

over a year ago

They do get medical help when they need it..IE: Drug overdose, having to have a limb amputated as they have injected in to the veins or miss that vein, Ulcers too, not just a drain on the NHS it's also a drain on sickness benefits and PIP money claimed from DWP. If they want to cook Heroin let them use one of their spoons or buy tin foil..so many better ways for NHS funds to be used, NHS providing needle exchanges with a sharps tub to prevent passing blood born virus yet some still leave dirty used needles lying about.

The needle exchange program reduces the cost injecting addicts in particular have on the nhs for fuck sake. Why do you think it was introduced, because it helps reduce the number of overdoses and other serious issues by the very fact of giving them clean equipment. And if your next response is why are we helping their drug habit and making it easier and safer to inject rather than get them off drugs then there aren't enough hours in the day to explain it in a way that would change your mind. but id give it a go

"

I was just going to say something very similar but actually preventive measures save money In the long run. I don't know why people always go off their drug addicts to further their argument when it comes to medical spending. Addiction is a recognised illness like any other so if you start going down the Room of because you feel itself inflicted you should get such-and-such then nobody would get anything because almost everything has some element of self infliction.

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

I was just going to say something very similar but actually preventive measures save money In the long run. I don't know why people always go off their drug addicts to further their argument when it comes to medical spending. Addiction is a recognised illness like any other so if you start going down the Room of because you feel itself inflicted you should get such-and-such then nobody would get anything because almost everything has some element of self infliction. "

Take cost of it away and give towards cost of testing kits....is nhs saving money, status quo or is it costing the nhs more? Answers on a postcard

over a year ago

lancashire

"

Yes I know why the NHS provide them with clean needles and also the sharps tub..I do agree with that, some still throw dirty used needles on to the ground posing a risk to others, no need to use the F word. They have clean equipment by using needle exchanges, this I don't think is a waste of NHS funds. I was pointing out that the NHS has more important medication to buy for people needing it rather than paying for a metal type round dish for them to cook it in..do you honestly think that just the 1 person uses this at any 1 time?..No they share the 1 passing it from one user to another. I agree that there are no where near enough re-hab places available to get help addicts clean and off drugs, they get Methadone then top up with street Heroin. Addiction is classed as a Disease..an illegal lifestyle choice Disease in this instance. Maybe you think I have an hard stance approach to this...and yes I have..nothing will change that on this subject when seriously ill people cannot get the treatment needed due to lack of funds.

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

Wow this thread took an unexpected turn!

By *aidbackcpleCouple
over a year ago

nr stockton

Yes quite agree and my view for what it's worth is lateral flow tests should be free for everyone as there are so many people that work in public facing roles and this virus has not gone away and won't anytime time soon. I also do believe that NHS are brilliant.

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

Yes I know why the NHS provide them with clean needles and also the sharps tub..I do agree with that, some still throw dirty used needles on to the ground posing a risk to others, no need to use the F word. They have clean equipment by using needle exchanges, this I don't think is a waste of NHS funds. I was pointing out that the NHS has more important medication to buy for people needing it rather than paying for a metal type round dish for them to cook it in..do you honestly think that just the 1 person uses this at any 1 time?..No they share the 1 passing it from one user to another. I agree that there are no where near enough re-hab places available to get help addicts clean and off drugs, they get Methadone then top up with street Heroin. Addiction is classed as a Disease..an illegal lifestyle choice Disease in this instance. Maybe you think I have an hard stance approach to this...and yes I have..nothing will change that on this subject when seriously ill people cannot get the treatment needed due to lack of funds."

I disagree with most of what you say, but my take of your view is that you have a strong stance on something, back it up with knowledge so you've arrived at your position intellectually, have the courage of your convictions to not water it down like most do and articulate it better than i did haha i come at it from my experiences of working closly with high risk individuals, and a very limited understanding of how the nhs allocates and prioritise resources which wont bore you with why i know, that shapes my stance i guess. Rather than detoxing before responding i go from 0-naughty in seconds by injecting myself with some northern aggression aka passion, write simultaneously as im thinkng it, no spell check, no punctuation so it does look like an aggressive rant rammed down your neck, sorry for that, not my intention honest Ill leave it there. Nhs is the nuts

over a year ago

lancashire

Yes I know why the NHS provide them with clean needles and also the sharps tub..I do agree with that, some still throw dirty used needles on to the ground posing a risk to others, no need to use the F word. They have clean equipment by using needle exchanges, this I don't think is a waste of NHS funds. I was pointing out that the NHS has more important medication to buy for people needing it rather than paying for a metal type round dish for them to cook it in..do you honestly think that just the 1 person uses this at any 1 time?..No they share the 1 passing it from one user to another. I agree that there are no where near enough re-hab places available to get help addicts clean and off drugs, they get Methadone then top up with street Heroin. Addiction is classed as a Disease..an illegal lifestyle choice Disease in this instance. Maybe you think I have an hard stance approach to this...and yes I have..nothing will change that on this subject when seriously ill people cannot get the treatment needed due to lack of funds.

I disagree with most of what you say, but my take of your view is that you have a strong stance on something, back it up with knowledge so you've arrived at your position intellectually, have the courage of your convictions to not water it down like most do and articulate it better than i did haha i come at it from my experiences of working closly with high risk individuals, and a very limited understanding of how the nhs allocates and prioritise resources which wont bore you with why i know, that shapes my stance i guess. Rather than detoxing before responding i go from 0-naughty in seconds by injecting myself with some northern aggression aka passion, write simultaneously as im thinkng it, no spell check, no punctuation so it does look like an aggressive rant rammed down your neck, sorry for that, not my intention honest Ill leave it there. Nhs is the nuts"

Thank you for your apology.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

I know it's been said but the staff in the NHS choice their roles etc.

The government should be paying for the test for all nhs staff and care homes and more

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Actually they are providing them with free saliva testing kits instead.

over a year ago

"Wow this thread took an unexpected turn!"

Druggies usually have that effect on things.

By *atnat85Woman
over a year ago

northwest

"Actually they are providing them with free saliva testing kits instead."

Not everywhere. We did have saliva testing, that's coming to an end, instead we've been asked to start ordering lfts while they're still free x

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

"Actually they are providing them with free saliva testing kits instead.

Not everywhere. We did have saliva testing, that's coming to an end, instead we've been asked to start ordering lfts while they're still free x"

It's impossible to order free ones anymore. The website to get them sent to you has no delivery slots. I went to my local pharmacy and they ran out yesterday and have been told they won't get any further deliveries, so won't have any in stock until after people need to pay for them.

I volunteer and need them in my role

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Actually they are providing them with free saliva testing kits instead.

Not everywhere. We did have saliva testing, that's coming to an end, instead we've been asked to start ordering lfts while they're still free x

It's impossible to order free ones anymore. The website to get them sent to you has no delivery slots. I went to my local pharmacy and they ran out yesterday and have been told they won't get any further deliveries, so won't have any in stock until after people need to pay for them.

I volunteer and need them in my role "

I hear this *sigh*

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

Not sure that's a fair comparison because even drug addicts deserve appropriate medical care."

over a year ago

If you need them and your employer deem it necessary then they have to pay for it

By *6travellerMan
over a year ago

Tayside and Midlands

"

If only it were an exchange we would not have parks littered with discarded needles. The system needs tightening up 1 for 1.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Or is it they just want it to run through the population and create herd emunity now if the deaths go up it will hardly show up.

And if the old on pensions or the venerable pass away it would save the DWP money. Shit But

over a year ago

Yeah I’m trying to stock up however I have covid for the second time in 2 months

By *urious ButtonMan
over a year ago

LEICESTER

There is nothing shocking about this at all. If the so-called NHS were a limited company run and operated as a business, or even a PLC with Shareholders, it would have been bankrupt a long time ago. What people fail to realise is the NHS is not fit for purpose any longer. The business model it was based upon in 1948 is no longer fit for purpose in 2022. We are all living longer, the population has increased by 35% and the waiting list on the NHS makes “free at the point of use” a complete failure and shambles. 80% of the NHS is propped up by NON UK Nationals whose prime objective and motivation is MONEY and not providing CARE! As I said before, if this was a PLC, the shares would have plummeted and the board would have taken drastic action centuries ago. Instead it is run and operated by an incompetent government who are probably more focused on their own interest and popularity than taking a long hard look at the serious failings of the NHS.

By *D of funCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Dont have to pay here

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

"There is nothing shocking about this at all. If the so-called NHS were a limited company run and operated as a business, or even a PLC with Shareholders, it would have been bankrupt a long time ago. What people fail to realise is the NHS is not fit for purpose any longer. The business model it was based upon in 1948 is no longer fit for purpose in 2022. We are all living longer, the population has increased by 35% and the waiting list on the NHS makes “free at the point of use” a complete failure and shambles. 80% of the NHS is propped up by NON UK Nationals whose prime objective and motivation is MONEY and not providing CARE! As I said before, if this was a PLC, the shares would have plummeted and the board would have taken drastic action centuries ago. Instead it is run and operated by an incompetent government who are probably more focused on their own interest and popularity than taking a long hard look at the serious failings of the NHS."

Strongly disagree with you. The main issue with the NHS is the notion that you can/should run it like a Ltd or PLC. Universal healthcare and profit are oxymorons as evidenced by the US system. The NHS is a benefit for all citizens of the UK funded by taxation. We pay in and hope we never need it but is there when we do. No questions asked. No restrictions based on how much we paid in for how long. No restrictions on pre-existing conditions.

Trying to equate the NHS with a business is all that is wrong with these types of discussions. Constant tinkering by Govts of all colours with ever increasing burden on admin at the expense of actual healthcare is the problem.

Ltd and PLC are there for one thing only, to create value for Directors and shareholders. That is not the purpose of the NHS.

And back in the original topic, making healthcare workers pay for the tests to check whether they are safe to come into work to look after our health is completely ridiculous. What next, make them pay for their own PPE?

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"

Not only are there not enough hours in the day I don't think there are enough crayons either.

over a year ago

There will always come a point where they draw a hard line and stop, but I think this decision is pretty bonkers. There is far less testing going on and cases are still high now so it’s a strange time to expect staff to pay. “Deaths and hospitalisation are in a very positive space” is what I heard an NHS worker I know say earlier this week though, he was glad not to have to test like the way he had to previously.

over a year ago

"May have been mentioned in one of the threads and eems crazy to me but is everyone aware that from next week, the government is expecting all NHS staff either to pay for their own LFTs or to stop self-testing & potentially come to work with Covid, infecting vulnerable patients?"

I don’t agree with NHS a staff having to pay for LFT’s especially front line staff. I can sort of understand if it’s non front line staff like NHS staff who work in a office (admin, hr etc) far away from surgical suites and wards having to pay

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

We are still having to test before every shift, including my voluntary shift...

We have however been provided with boxes of tests x

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

"May have been mentioned in one of the threads and eems crazy to me but is everyone aware that from next week, the government is expecting all NHS staff either to pay for their own LFTs or to stop self-testing & potentially come to work with Covid, infecting vulnerable patients?

I don’t agree with NHS a staff having to pay for LFT’s especially front line staff. I can sort of understand if it’s non front line staff like NHS staff who work in a office (admin, hr etc) far away from surgical suites and wards having to pay"

They shouldn't have to pay. All those staff play an enormous role in keeping the NHS running. Without them frontline staff wouldn't be able to do their job

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

It’s like joining the Army and being told you have to pay for your own ammo. Completely ridiculous!

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 25/03/22 17:35:54]

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

Not only are there not enough hours in the day I don't think there are enough crayons either."

Agree, giving needles away for free...no exchange at all!! A needle

for a crayon is fair

By *anilla switchWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I’m not surprised at all, our wages are shocking, staff morale is low, many leaving and going into different careers as there is No support from management.

It’s all tick boxes, saving money and keeping CQC happy.

VS

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

This is as bad as being an agency covid cleaner: who's been told to stay home if I test positive.

Yet, yet they expect me to stay away on £96 a week.

My council's hardship fund will closes this month.

Best not get ill.

Health or wealth?: choose one.

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

To the NHS staff on here. Do you know what the plan is when you operate or treat a patient? Are they going to be tested for covid before a procedure or treatment?

If they are, where will the test come from?

over a year ago

lancashire

"To the NHS staff on here. Do you know what the plan is when you operate or treat a patient? Are they going to be tested for covid before a procedure or treatment?

"

A neighbor of mine has to go in to Hospital for a colonoscopy..a taxi will be picking her up 2 days before and taking her for a covid pcr test then dropping her back home...NHS is paying!!

By *d4ugirlsMan
over a year ago

Green Cove Springs

"

Lol it is really a shame how many people let people feed them a bunch of crap to regurgitate.

How does a clean NHS needle prevent overdoses.

It is the drug that is being injected, not the condition of a needle that causes overdoses.

Rather see money to going to the front line workers of the NHS than drains on society.

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

"We are still having to test before every shift, including my voluntary shift...

We have however been provided with boxes of tests x"

Apart from like a hospitals board guys

Who do all the governance shit, budgets etc do you guys get consultanted and/or involved so you know what things cost and why. Always wondered because found out about budgets for hospital food and pain relief savings on certain cancer procedures which blew my noodle

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

Lol it is really a shame how many people let people feed them a bunch of crap to regurgitate.

How does a clean NHS needle prevent overdoses.

It is the drug that is being injected, not the condition of a needle that causes overdoses.

Rather see money to going to the front line workers of the NHS than drains on society.

"

Just being told something then just regurgitated to make a point is easy to do and call bullshit on it. But noone makes a point and then attaches their cv so you know they arrived at their point by having direct involvement and could back it up intellectually if that's the case. If you want I can do that, so you can see how/why/logically I believe that even if disagree and you do same we'll see how you arrived at yours

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"To the NHS staff on here. Do you know what the plan is when you operate or treat a patient? Are they going to be tested for covid before a procedure or treatment?

A neighbor of mine has to go in to Hospital for a colonoscopy..a taxi will be picking her up 2 days before and taking her for a covid pcr test then dropping her back home...NHS is paying!! "

If she needs to stay over, will they allow visitors?

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

A neighbor of mine has to go in to Hospital for a colonoscopy..a taxi will be picking her up 2 days before and taking her for a covid pcr test then dropping her back home...NHS is paying!!

"

Thinking of taking some grapes?

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

Well as a front line care worker that’s honestly sick and tired of it, my opinion may differ from many. The main reason the NHS is failing is that there are too many people that can’t be arsed to look after themselves and truthfully want to be treated like babies e.g. have their bums wiped, get fed etc. They totally outweigh the people that truly need our help! Plus they aren’t even content with that, they enjoy emotionally abusing us too if they can get away with it.

Drug addicts on the whole only torture themselves but somehow end up getting the most blame??!!

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Thinking of taking some grapes?"

Helpful question but a funny response...

If they are asking patients to test and that test is free of charge, why would NHS staff be not required to test and also be free of charge?

The follow up question, was to expand on the requirements imposed for visitors of people in hospital. So many people have been left without a single visitor during Covid, is this going to continue? Why would it continue if frontline NHS staff don't need to test?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

As an nhs volunteer we have been told we can claim back the costs of buying tests. I'd imagine nhs staff will have been told the same.

However I have plenty as work over ordered and we have loads with short dates on them that need using for now.

I'm still testing before every shift as required by my company

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

[Removed by poster at 26/03/22 00:57:58]

over a year ago

lancashire

[Removed by poster at 26/03/22 15:42:16]

over a year ago

lancashire

"

Not staying in overnight...just a day case.

over a year ago

"Actually they are providing them with free saliva testing kits instead."

We have been doing those for the last 3 weeks and they are much better,

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"May have been mentioned in one of the threads and eems crazy to me but is everyone aware that from next week, the government is expecting all NHS staff either to pay for their own LFTs or to stop self-testing & potentially come to work with Covid, infecting vulnerable patients?"

Not what I read ?

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

"May have been mentioned in one of the threads and eems crazy to me but is everyone aware that from next week, the government is expecting all NHS staff either to pay for their own LFTs or to stop self-testing & potentially come to work with Covid, infecting vulnerable patients?

Not what I read ?"

What did you read and where? I posted that 7 days ago so perfectly possible we have had yet another Govt u turn since then. Wouldn’t be the first time!

By *orkcoastguyMan
over a year ago

Bridlington.

"Shocking...ALL NHS and care workers should get the tests free...ideally every one to continue to get free LFT's...the NHS waste money on providing drug addicts with items for them to 'cook' their Heroin in then give them some vitamins too...WTF? "

Addiction of whatever form is a form of 'illness' and cam wrack havoc upon not only their lives but all in contact with them.

It does not help to compare two separate issues like the LFT to treatment for other conditions.

over a year ago

NHS staff do not have to pay for LFT, a pack of 7 can be ordered to your home every 3 days too, I had an email of how to order last week

over a year ago

It's not a waste of money if it prevents people getting more unwell from using dirty equipment, it's more a preventative measure, people are going to do heroin regardless so why not help them stay as safe as possible?

By *iobhan123Woman
over a year ago

Deal

New guidance yesterday, NHS and Social Care can still access free of charge.

By *orkshire_roses999Couple
over a year ago

yorkshire

NHS staff are still going to have access to free tests

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

Good sense prevailed with yet another Govt U Turn. My word this lot are a shambles.

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Not what I read ?

What did you read and where? I posted that 7 days ago so perfectly possible we have had yet another Govt u turn since then. Wouldn’t be the first time!"

I read it on the government web site.

I asked some NHS staff and it's not what they were told.

You probably read it in the daily fail or other crappy paper ?

over a year ago

Nhs Wales staff will be provided with them in their workplace. There will be a localised hub that they will collect them from.

over a year ago

Received mine in the post today and can reorder on Saturday

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/04/22 16:37:10]

over a year ago

They do get medical help when they need it..IE: Drug overdose, having to have a limb amputated as they have injected in to the veins or miss that vein, Ulcers too, not just a drain on the NHS it's also a drain on sickness benefits and PIP money claimed from DWP. If they want to cook Heroin let them use one of their spoons or buy tin foil..so many better ways for NHS funds to be used, NHS providing needle exchanges with a sharps tub to prevent passing blood born virus yet some still leave dirty used needles lying about. "

This is such an ignorant comment, do you know most addicts have serious trauma! If the government put more money into treating this trauma then maybe just maybe these people would get the help they need and not need to turn to substances to try and block out their pain. Think before you judge

over a year ago

This is news to me and I work in the system

By *teph BitchTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

I see in the media that the NHS staff now have to pay for car parking at the hospitals where they are looking after patients and doing operations etc. Not ideal situation for anyone to have to pay at a HOSPITAL

By *intage PrincessWoman
over a year ago

Herts

It's hardly surprising knowing they have to pay extortionate hospital car parking fees.

By *elkieWoman
over a year ago

Durham

Yes I know why the NHS provide them with clean needles and also the sharps tub..I do agree with that, some still throw dirty used needles on to the ground posing a risk to others, no need to use the F word. They have clean equipment by using needle exchanges, this I don't think is a waste of NHS funds. I was pointing out that the NHS has more important medication to buy for people needing it rather than paying for a metal type round dish for them to cook it in..do you honestly think that just the 1 person uses this at any 1 time?..No they share the 1 passing it from one user to another. I agree that there are no where near enough re-hab places available to get help addicts clean and off drugs, they get Methadone then top up with street Heroin. Addiction is classed as a Disease..an illegal lifestyle choice Disease in this instance. Maybe you think I have an hard stance approach to this...and yes I have..nothing will change that on this subject when seriously ill people cannot get the treatment needed due to lack of funds."

Maybe if some of those seriously ill (and addiction is a serious illness) people had had access to mental health care they wouldn’t be self medicating. If we provide universal healthcare from the cradle to the grave, that needs to include everything, including addiction care and fertility and hysterectomy and some cosmetic surgery and a million and one other things that people who don’t need them think are a waste of money.

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

"Nhs Wales staff will be provided with them in their workplace. There will be a localised hub that they will collect them from."

Same for nhs Scotland lft will still be available staff wide for all

over a year ago

I'm an nhs worker and I've been told I can still get them free

over a year ago

"I see in the media that the NHS staff now have to pay for car parking at the hospitals where they are looking after patients and doing operations etc. Not ideal situation for anyone to have to pay at a HOSPITAL"

In most hospital trusts they have always had to pay for parking but it was suspended during a pandemic.

over a year ago

NHS workers still get them free, they've been ringfenced, just order as usual from the gov website.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but most NHS staff don't even go near patients these days.

Very few are actually on the front line.

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

"I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but most NHS staff don't even go near patients these days.

Very few are actually on the front line."

I see patients daily and so do most of my colleagues we are all working closely with patients coco or not there’s still cause for testing

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but most NHS staff don't even go near patients these days.

Very few are actually on the front line.

I see patients daily and so do most of my colleagues we are all working closely with patients coco or not there’s still cause for testing "

Yes, I never said there wasn't.

By *oseidonsadventureCouple
over a year ago

london

:didn’t read it all so don’t come for me: nhs staff will still be able to get tests just via a different means. If your stuck message me and I’ll tell you.

By *irtyold manMan
over a year ago

barnsley

Welcome to rip off britan whear the gov say screw the population for every penny you can get.or let them die and reduce the surplus population.

Charlse dikens would be proud nothing ever changes.

Viva the coming revolution

By *ocket rocket 2021Woman
over a year ago

Farnworth

"Welcome to rip off britan whear the gov say screw the population for every penny you can get.or let them die and reduce the surplus population.

Charlse dikens would be proud nothing ever changes.

Viva the coming revolution"

Fortunately most of us took advantage of the free education. However, we've just been through a couple of years of failing economy and the government has spent billions to millions of people doing furlough and we're still in unprecedented times yet one whinge about a few quid and well doesn't matter

By *trawberry MojitoWoman
over a year ago

over the hill & far away, like Princess Fiona.

Not true, NHS staff still get free LFT tests through the government.co.uk website, easy to apply for and delivered straight to your home. As NHS staff we are not allowed to go to work if we test positive for covid, even now in April.

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

Not true, NHS staff still get free LFT tests through the government.co.uk website, easy to apply for and delivered straight to your home. As NHS staff we are not allowed to go to work if we test positive for covid, even now in April. "

There is little point commenting on a thread started three weeks ago when this was indeed going to be happening before once again the Government bowed to pressure and did yet another U turn. It’s all in the thread

By *inAndTonic21Couple
over a year ago

Merseyside

My friend who is Nhs staff said they do get free lfts still just order them the normal way using nhs email

By *uriousk22Couple
over a year ago

newcastle under lyme

Nhs staff don’t have to pay for the lft’s, we can still order them for free as front line staff

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"Nhs staff don’t have to pay for the lft’s, we can still order them for free as front line staff"

Never let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

Folks did brain cell count get reduced this weekend? This thread is three weeks old. At the time the Govt WERE going to start making NHS staff pay. Then when there was outcry they did what they have done numerous times and u-turned. This was made clear further up the thread. Not a hard concept really!

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"Folks did brain cell count get reduced this weekend? This thread is three weeks old. At the time the Govt WERE going to start making NHS staff pay. Then when there was outcry they did what they have done numerous times and u-turned. This was made clear further up the thread. Not a hard concept really!"

It was rumoured that the NHS would pay for their own tests, I haven't heard of any staff that ever saw any such directive even three weeks ago.

If you don't like posts that continue to discuss things maybe you should just scroll past them ?

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

"Folks did brain cell count get reduced this weekend? This thread is three weeks old. At the time the Govt WERE going to start making NHS staff pay. Then when there was outcry they did what they have done numerous times and u-turned. This was made clear further up the thread. Not a hard concept really!

It was rumoured that the NHS would pay for their own tests, I haven't heard of any staff that ever saw any such directive even three weeks ago.

If you don't like posts that continue to discuss things maybe you should just scroll past them ?"

Except it wasn’t a rumour. It was going to be Govt policy until they u-turned!

By *irldn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

"Folks did brain cell count get reduced this weekend? This thread is three weeks old. At the time the Govt WERE going to start making NHS staff pay. Then when there was outcry they did what they have done numerous times and u-turned. This was made clear further up the thread. Not a hard concept really!

If you don't like posts that continue to discuss things maybe you should just scroll past them ?"

Except it wasn’t a rumour. It was going to be Govt policy until they u-turned!

over a year ago

If they use dirty needles and spoons rather than a few pence as a preventative measure they can loose a limb which would cost the NHS thousands.

People don't use drugs like this for the fun of it, they have usually had aweful life experiences that they are numbing.

But carry on.

Post new Message to Thread