Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Have it

Jump to newest

By *rMrsRich OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouh

Really thought id managed to escape covid but tested positive yesterday. Running a 38.8 deg fever which is bloody awful.

Mr is testing negative thankfully. But we live in a flat. Staying apart is almost impossible and I can’t wear a mask my breathing is already difficult enough without one!

Just gonna keep spraying antibac at him whenever he gets too close! Any other suggestions welcome

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Wishing you a speedy recovery hopefully the symptoms won't get any worse.

Thankfully the vaccine has definitely helped keep the symptoms lower.

Can't really offer any advice we both had it at the same time so no need to be separated.

By *rMrsRich OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouh

Ah thanks anyway. I keep opening the windows but he’s a wimp with the cold and keeps closing them!

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Get better soon and can't really offr any advice either but is rather nasty nasty stuff x

By *rMrsRich OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouh

" Get better soon and can't really offr any advice either but is rather nasty nasty stuff x"

Thank you. Yes it’s pretty nasty. I can’t say I’m enjoying it

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I had it and I still slept beside my husband, with windows and the door shut and he still willingly wanted to kiss me goodnight. I also still hugged my kids. None of them caught it. I wouldn't worry too much unless of course your partner is classed as very vulnerable.

By *ookingtocumMan
over a year ago

fife

I tested positive the other week wife tested positive the next day it took over a week for the oldest to test positive, we stayed in seperate rooms the kids wore masks and gloves if they had to be in the same room wiped all the handels ect used different toilets opened all the windows done everything your supposed too and she still got it but the youngest still never got it, I was with well over a dozen people over the 3 days before testing positive and not one of the have had it yet,so it looks to me that what we have been told to do over the past 2 years dosent work and if your going to get it there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, oh and we all just had runny nose and slight couch.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"I had it and I still slept beside my husband, with windows and the door shut and he still willingly wanted to kiss me goodnight. I also still hugged my kids. None of them caught it. I wouldn't worry too much unless of course your partner is classed as very vulnerable. "

I’ve worked on the “frontline” since the start. There’s been plenty of situations where you’d expect family/close contacts to get it and they haven’t.

However, the much more common scenario is for those people to fall positive too, unless really stringent steps were taken e.g. living in a caravan in the garden.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Luckily for most it seems mild. I guess it's human nature we don't hear too much about the majority who catch it and only get mild symptoms. Unfortunately for some it hits them harder and for others worse still.

Get well soon op.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Luckily for most it seems mild. I guess it's human nature we don't hear too much about the majority who catch it and only get mild symptoms. Unfortunately for some it hits them harder and for others worse still.

Get well soon op.

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

I’m same tested positive Sunday full cold and feel like death so glad had vaccines or be lots worse.

Get well soon

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I finally feel fairly ok after a full month of it!

Still got tinnitus but don’t feel so horribly tired anymore.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

" Thank you. Yes it’s pretty nasty. I can’t say I’m enjoying it "

Fluids, rest, painkillers. I found ice lollies and Ribena helped the throat and I got one of those Vicks steam inhalers off Amazon which really helped my breathing.

Oh and get some mints or cold sweets for the taste!

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

The Boro

4 of us spent 4 days away in an air BnB over Christmas. 1 tested positive every day. The other 3 never got it. So chin up and carry on as normal.

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Get well soon

By *rivateyesCouple
over a year ago

Leighton Buzzard

To all those saying

“I felt rough for a couple of days (or the like), thank God I’ve had all my vaccines or I’d be much worse”

You don’t know that, it’s impossible for you to know that.

For the record, I’m classed as vulnerable, I have Cancer and additionally have immunosuppressants by way of 8 weekly infusions.

I have had COVID and it was no worse than any other cold I have had in 58 years, the only difference was the loss of taste and smell which lasted about 4 weeks, no biggy whatsoever.

The point is, that I have not had any vaccinations for COVID 19.

Everyone is different and will suffer to different degrees. To praise God for an unknown outcome is incredibly bizarre unless it simply gives you some comfort.

I am now, and always will be happy with my choice to manage my own risks.

By *handlerMonicaCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

"To all those saying

“I felt rough for a couple of days (or the like), thank God I’ve had all my vaccines or I’d be much worse”

For the record, I’m classed as vulnerable, I have Cancer and additionally have immunosuppressants by way of 8 weekly infusions.

I have had COVID and it was no worse than any other cold I have had in 58 years, the only difference was the loss of taste and smell which lasted about 4 weeks, no biggy whatsoever.

Everyone is different and will suffer to different degrees. To praise God for an unknown outcome is incredibly bizarre unless it simply gives you some comfort.

I am now, and always will be happy with my choice to manage my own risks. "

However, it would be true to say, "thank science I've had my vaccines, as there's a very good chance it would have been much worse if I hadn't"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"To all those saying

I am now, and always will be happy with my choice to manage my own risks. "

Hear, hear! Exactly this.

"Oooo, good job I took 2 paracetamol before I had a few beers last night. If I hadn't I would have had a much worse hangover!"

By *rMrsRich OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouh

Thanks all, temp has come down slightly. So the crazy shivering has stopped! Still feeling pretty awful, throat, cough, heavy breathing etc can’t stop sleeping, but drinking loads, parecen going in like there’s no tomorrow and all the vitamins I can get into my diet!

Thankfully smell and taste is still hanging around so I can enjoy my food at least!

By *ikerguylondonMan
over a year ago

NW Kent

I kept my sense of smell for 4 days till it went and I threw out 2 perfectly good bottles of milk before I realised.

For me I felt cold a lot so lots of layers and long hot baths helped. I garlged salt water a lot to try and help with the sore throat too

over a year ago

"

However, it would be true to say, "thank science I've had my vaccines, as there's a very good chance it would have been much worse if I hadn't""

This ^^ I can only speak from my own experience.

I had covid in 2020 pre vaccines. I was very ill for over a month, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Fast forward and I’ve had my vaccinations and booster. I’ve also got covid again. However, this time around it’s just like having a heavy cold. I don’t feel great but there’s no comparison to that 1st time.

I believe the vaccinations + booster have given me some protection.

As I say, just from my own personal experience.

Viv

By *iggstimpyCouple
over a year ago

South East

Everyone is different. I had it a month ago. No vax. My symptoms were a sore throat for 10 mins until I had a coffee. Maybe if vaxed the sore throat would have lasted 5 mins?

over a year ago

Would just like to say get well soon gary

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Yep, went down with it yesterday. Bit achy and tired feeling, cough shaky but no fever. Tested positive. Feel fine today save for a slight tickly throat. S has it as well, plenty of coughing poor thing.

No naughty fun for us this weekend

Really is a PIA.

By *rMrsRich OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouh

Mr has it too now. Although he’s gotten off much more lightly. He ‘feels a bit tired’

over a year ago

"Yep, went down with it yesterday. Bit achy and tired feeling, cough shaky but no fever. Tested positive. Feel fine today save for a slight tickly throat. S has it as well, plenty of coughing poor thing.

No naughty fun for us this weekend

Really is a PIA."

have you been quadruple vaccinated as well?

over a year ago

Had it twice apparently. I say apparently because 0 symptoms but positive test. girl living with me at the time hadn’t caught it at all and neither of us are vaccinated

Post new Message to Thread