Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

4th Jab

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just had my 4th vaccine jab 8am this morning..

Wow, this one hits hard... been sick and body feels like its been hit by a truck that then reversed back over me to make sure it hit me the first time..

Early to bed for me

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

"Just had my 4th vaccine jab 8am this morning..

Wow, this one hits hard... been sick and body feels like its been hit by a truck that then reversed back over me to make sure it hit me the first time..

Early to bed for me"

Sounds to me they have managed to hit a blood vessel.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Early to bed for me"

4th?

Reply privately

By * AND R 777Couple
over a year ago

Teesside

Early to bed for me"

Yes ask the nice nurses to put you back to bed and give you more medication

Reply privately

over a year ago

I haven't heard of the 4th being rolled out yet, are you part of a test group OP ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

to be fair a 4th dose is recomended for certain individuals

'Individuals who are severely immunosuppressed are now eligible for a booster (fourth dose of vaccine), 12 weeks after their third primary dose. Patients who are identified by the NHS as being immunocompromised – either by their GP or the consultant who oversees their care – will be contacted by telephone or letter to make arrangements for them to receive their booster.'

Reply privately

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

Early to bed for me

4th?"

immune suppressed, 3 primary doses plus a booster.

Reply privately

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

Early to bed for me

4th?

immune suppressed, 3 primary doses plus a booster. "

You also might want to send off for a antibody test from the NHS to see if the vaccine or a past infection has formed antibodies.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/antibody-testing-to-check-if-youve-had-coronavirus/

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I haven't heard of the 4th being rolled out yet, are you part of a test group OP ?"

I am a Renal Transplant patient and take immunosupressent tablets. We are being given a 4th to try and keep us protected. The 2 initial jabs and 3rd one give little protection. The 4th hopefully gives more chance to fight it..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Early to bed for me

4th?

Indeed

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also love how I have had messages accusing me of bullshitting and lying..lol

Reply privately

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman
over a year ago

lancashire

Hope you feel better soon OP...this must be a tough time for you after all you have gone through!!

Reply privately

By *ivinity99Man
over a year ago

Castle Douglas

The world of fab is full of keyboard warriors who message before they think things through, just ignore them!

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Also love how I have had messages accusing me of bullshitting and lying..lol"

Just ignorance however why they don't ask for clarification in the actual thread is beyond me..

Its good to learn..

Reply privately

By *entlemanFoxMan
over a year ago

North East / London

I have a compromised immune system and had mine this morning too.

No noticeable effects here.

BTW I had Moderna this time.

Q1

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have a compromised immune system and had mine this morning too.

No noticeable effects here.

BTW I had Moderna this time.

Q1

"

AZ for 1st and 2nd

Pfzier for 3rd and 4th

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I haven't heard of the 4th being rolled out yet, are you part of a test group OP ?

I am a Renal Transplant patient and take immunosupressent tablets. We are being given a 4th to try and keep us protected. The 2 initial jabs and 3rd one give little protection. The 4th hopefully gives more chance to fight it.. "

Are you on the programme to be offered anti viral infusion or tablets if you test positive for covid ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I haven't heard of the 4th being rolled out yet, are you part of a test group OP ?

I am a Renal Transplant patient and take immunosupressent tablets. We are being given a 4th to try and keep us protected. The 2 initial jabs and 3rd one give little protection. The 4th hopefully gives more chance to fight it..

Are you on the programme to be offered anti viral infusion or tablets if you test positive for covid ?"

Yep. Got my PCR test kit ready for testing if i have symptoms and telephone number to ring for the tablets.

Reply privately

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Oh stop winging. You just feel like every 80 year old feels every day of the year. Be thankful you will not die or get long covid.

pst - where do you get a 4th from?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh stop winging. You just feel like every 80 year old feels every day of the year. Be thankful you will not die or get long covid.

pst - where do you get a 4th from? "

Got Long Covid from this time last year..

Reply privately

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Oh stop winging. You just feel like every 80 year old feels every day of the year. Be thankful you will not die or get long covid.

Got Long Covid from this time last year.. "

You are rotting away mate.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Are you on the programme to be offered anti viral infusion or tablets if you test positive for covid ?

Yep. Got my PCR test kit ready for testing if i have symptoms and telephone number to ring for the tablets."

I'm pleased to hear that you are being looked after so well and I hope you feel better soon

Reply privately

over a year ago

Got Long Covid from this time last year..

You are rotting away mate. "

I think if i was a cat I would only have 2 or 3 lives left.. lol

Reply privately

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

It is awful when people private message you with abuse. I can understand people being confused when you talk about having your 4th jab, as it's not widespread knowledge. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been helping at a vaccine centre. I wouldn't have known about the pcr and quick access to antiviral meds if that didn't apply to me.

If people don't know, why don't they just ask, instead of presuming it's not true.

Glad to know you are getting good care OP. Stay well

Reply privately

over a year ago

How many do you need?

Reply privately

By *aussageMan
over a year ago

Stalbridge

Apparently there is an omicron specific one coming out in March. So I guess he could have 5 vaccines for covid lol.

Nice profit for the drug companies.

Reply privately

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"Also love how I have had messages accusing me of bullshitting and lying..lol

It is awful when people private message you with abuse. I can understand people being confused when you talk about having your 4th jab, as it's not widespread knowledge. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been helping at a vaccine centre. I wouldn't have known about the pcr and quick access to antiviral meds if that didn't apply to me.

If people don't know, why don't they just ask, instead of presuming it's not true.

Glad to know you are getting good care OP. Stay well "

xx

Reply privately

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Yep. Got my PCR test kit ready for testing if i have symptoms and telephone number to ring for the tablets."

my daughter has has this too but not been offered a 4th vaccine yet. X hoping she will

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How many do you need? "

Had the first two not having any more.

Reply privately

By *ocket rocket 2021Woman
over a year ago

Farnworth

Early to bed for me

4th?

Thought it was 2 primary and then a booster. The figures in the news are for booster which are, in essence, a 3rd jab

Reply privately

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Early to bed for me"

Because your immune system is being weakened each time you get a shot

Reply privately

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Early to bed for me

"

is it getting weakened just against covid type virus or for everything? Will cuts have more chance of infection/slower to heal? Will we be more susceptible to other illnesses? Obviously our immune system protects against a multitude of things

Reply privately

By *lwaysup4it69Couple
over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Didn’t realise anyone has had 4th jab yet

Reply privately

By *lwaysup4it69Couple
over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Some people in here talk absolute bollocks. The vaccine program works that’s proven. Some of you cocks need to get covid pneumonia to really understand what covid is like. Try saying goodbye to your loved ones, not knowing if you will see then again, I had to do this as I went to hospital this time last year. Or try comforting your kids after covid takes their mum, like I had to do. Covid is real. Covid kills. Covid is here to stay. Some people need to grow up. This is not aimed at all, just a few who are so ignorant to it all

Reply privately

over a year ago

Early to bed for me

4th?

Hope you feel better soon.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow.. the need to explain is juat beyond the joke.

I am not bullshitting about having 4th jab nor am I looking for attention..

I am a renal transplant patient. I spent from March 17th 2020 until mid July 2020 having not gone further than my front drive as I am/was on the CEV list.. Have listened to Doctors advice every step of the way and have taken whatever is required or asked of me. I have had Covid twice, both occassions brought in by visitors or kids from School and have spent 4months off work in and out of hospital. Mental health is shot and trying to piece everything back together bit by bit.

This is for those who read post, message 'Privately' but afraid to say it in the forum..

Thanks for messages of support from everyone else, 99% of you are amazing x

Reply privately

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Wow.. the need to explain is juat beyond the joke.

I am not bullshitting about having 4th jab nor am I looking for attention..

I am a renal transplant patient. I spent from March 17th 2020 until mid July 2020 having not gone further than my front drive as I am/was on the CEV list.. Have listened to Doctors advice every step of the way and have taken whatever is required or asked of me. I have had Covid twice, both occassions brought in by visitors or kids from School and have spent 4months off work in and out of hospital. Mental health is shot and trying to piece everything back together bit by bit.

This is for those who read post, message 'Privately' but afraid to say it in the forum..

Thanks for messages of support from everyone else, 99% of you are amazing x"

Hard to ignore private messages or comments on your thread.

Satisfy yourself by knowing your own truth and their stupidity.

Wishing you good health!!!!

W & LA

Reply privately

over a year ago

Interesting post and so sorry that there are people who feel the need to be so negative about this.

Immunocompromised groups such as transplant patients take the drugs they need to so as to prevent rejection of the organ. This means that this group of patients do not have the same immune response to an infection or to a vaccine as the general population. The cells are just not there to be switched in or are not around long enough to provide immunity.

So to make sure that these folk stand the best chance the right thing is to keep vaccinating them so they have a chance of producing circulating antibodies to combat a severe COVID infection. It's science. Why people have a flu vaccine every year.

Best of luck OP.

Transplanted a number of times and a advanced nurse practitioner.

You take care

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Interesting post and so sorry that there are people who feel the need to be so negative about this.

Immunocompromised groups such as transplant patients take the drugs they need to so as to prevent rejection of the organ. This means that this group of patients do not have the same immune response to an infection or to a vaccine as the general population. The cells are just not there to be switched in or are not around long enough to provide immunity.

So to make sure that these folk stand the best chance the right thing is to keep vaccinating them so they have a chance of producing circulating antibodies to combat a severe COVID infection. It's science. Why people have a flu vaccine every year.

Best of luck OP.

Transplanted a number of times and a advanced nurse practitioner.

You take care "

Thank you xx

Hope you have been keeping well

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Father in law had his 4th yesterday, I think it only serves to illustrate the general lack of science in society that the very basics of our immune system is not known..

Good luck OP, stay safe..

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Good luck Jamie, keep well! x

Reply privately

By *enuineguy76Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"How many do you need? "
whatever the science dictates I suppose ; maybe 4 , 5 ? Who knows when the vaccine hamster wheel will stop……. The more the better appears to be the strategy to avoid ending up in ICU.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Good luck Jamie, keep well! x"

Thank you xx i will do my best!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How many do you need? "

As many as required to get to a decent level of protection.

Reply privately

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

Sad to see Jamie has left the site and hope that this decision wasn't influenced by the unpleasant personal messages that some ignorant abusive folk sent him.

# Be kind

Reply privately

By *entlemanFoxMan
over a year ago

North East / London

"Sad to see Jamie has left the site and hope that this decision wasn't influenced by the unpleasant personal messages that some ignorant abusive folk sent him.

# Be kind "

My thoughts entirely.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sad to see Jamie has left the site and hope that this decision wasn't influenced by the unpleasant personal messages that some ignorant abusive folk sent him.

# Be kind

My thoughts entirely. "

Mine too

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

# Be kind "

It really does suck if that is the case

Just because some people fail to understand something they feel the need to send awful messages rather than actually asking questions

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Early to bed for me

"

Would you care to elaborate ?

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

Early to bed for me

"

Why on earth would they do that, it would only further demonstrate their basic lack of knowledge of biology and how the immune system actually works, sadly this seems to be a common problem that has been highlighted over the past two years

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people have been reporting more severe symptoms from later doses, i was in bed for two days after my third, but it was just being very tired, i was given the flu jab at the same time so it may have been that. But other than than no worries.

My friend in a different country reported that she was floored and reacted badly to the third jab, in her region. She is, what i would call "super-fit", so i was surprised when she told me.

I still feel its very important to get the jabs!

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

"Some people have been reporting more severe symptoms from later doses, i was in bed for two days after my third, but it was just being very tired, i was given the flu jab at the same time so it may have been that. But other than than no worries.

My friend in a different country reported that she was floored and reacted badly to the third jab, in her region. She is, what i would call "super-fit", so i was surprised when she told me.

I still feel its very important to get the jabs!"

See I have always viewed this as a good sign that my body is producing a really strong immune response to what it thinks is a real threat as my immune system is kicking in hard and fast to try and get rid of what it thinks is the virus I am being vaccinated against, I'm asthmatic and quite often the flu jab will put me on my arse for a couple of days after having it so I end up hiding in bed with paracetamol and a nice warm duvet

Reply privately

By *oomerang73Man
over a year ago

Newton

Had a bit of an headache and slight temp after my first jab that lasted 24hrs. Other two were fine. Gladly take a fourth if I’m offered it which I probably will be.

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Early to bed for me

Why on earth would they do that, it would only further demonstrate their basic lack of knowledge of biology and how the immune system actually works, sadly this seems to be a common problem that has been highlighted over the past two years "

I just thought someone had a better understanding of the immune system than I did.

Quite a few years in an immunology lab and I thought I might have missed something.

Reply privately

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

From a science point of view why would it be that it seems some people are feeling the effects more with more jabs.

I would have thought it would be like topping up the immunity so not such a strong reaction to the ongoing jabs, could anybody explain it to me just so I have a better understanding?

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Early to bed for me

4th?"

Denmark is dishing out their 4th jabs already.

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

Early to bed for me

Why on earth would they do that, it would only further demonstrate their basic lack of knowledge of biology and how the immune system actually works, sadly this seems to be a common problem that has been highlighted over the past two years

I just thought someone had a better understanding of the immune system than I did.

Quite a few years in an immunology lab and I thought I might have missed something."

Lol I would be willing to bet that you may just have the upper hand in this situation

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"From a science point of view why would it be that it seems some people are feeling the effects more with more jabs.

I would have thought it would be like topping up the immunity so not such a strong reaction to the ongoing jabs, could anybody explain it to me just so I have a better understanding?"

This is a cut and paste but might help you understand

ID-19

Back to COVID-19 Home

mRNA Vaccines

Updated Jan. 4, 2022

What You Need to Know

Messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines teach our cells how to make a protein that will trigger an immune response inside our bodies.

Like all vaccines, mRNA vaccines benefit people who get vaccinated by giving them protection against diseases like COVID-19 without risking the potentially serious consequences of getting sick.

mRNA vaccines are newly available to the public. However, researchers have been studying and working with mRNA vaccines for decades.

CDC recommends that people who are starting their vaccine series or getting a booster dose get either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna (mRNA COVID-19 vaccines). The mRNA vaccines are preferred over Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine in most circumstances, but the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine may be considered in some situations.

The same COVID-19 mRNA vaccine product should be used for both doses of a two-dose primary series and for an additional primary dose, if needed. However, for a booster dose, the booster dose product does not need to match the product used for the primary series.

Learn more about getting your vaccine.

The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are messenger RNA vaccines also called mRNA vaccines. mRNA vaccines are some of the first COVID-19 vaccines authorized and approved for use in the United States.

How mRNA Vaccines Work

To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not mRNA vaccines. Instead, mRNA vaccines use mRNA created in a laboratory to teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies.

COVID vaccine

First, COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are given in the upper arm muscle. The mRNA will enter the muscle cells and instruct the cells’ machinery to produce a harmless piece of what is called the spike protein. The spike protein is found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19. After the protein piece is made, our cells break down the mRNA and remove it.

Next, our cells display the spike protein piece on their surface. Our immune system recognizes that the protein doesn’t belong there. This triggers our immune system to produce antibodies and activate other immune cells to fight off what it thinks is an infection. This is what your body might do to fight off the infection if you got sick with COVID-19.

At the end of the process, our bodies have learned how to protect against future infection from the virus that causes COVID-19. The benefit of COVID-19 mRNA vaccines, like all vaccines, is that those vaccinated gain this protection without ever having to risk the potentially serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19. Any temporary discomfort experienced after getting the vaccine is a natural part of the process and an indication that the vaccine is working.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cdc published data on 19 jan showing natural immunity after covid provides the same level of protection as people who have been vaccinated thus making it pointless in having a booster shot unless you are immunocompromised.

There is a you tube video with Dr John Campbell explaining it if anyone is interested.

Reply privately

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"Cdc published data on 19 jan showing natural immunity after covid provides the same level of protection as people who have been vaccinated thus making it pointless in having a booster shot unless you are immunocompromised.

There is a you tube video with Dr John Campbell explaining it if anyone is interested. "

I hate peer reviewed papers much prefer YouTube thanks

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Cdc published data on 19 jan showing natural immunity after covid provides the same level of protection as people who have been vaccinated thus making it pointless in having a booster shot unless you are immunocompromised.

There is a you tube video with Dr John Campbell explaining it if anyone is interested.

"

Just try watching the video. Or is that below your superior intelligence. I could post links to the cdc data but you can easily look for yourself

Peace and love to you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"to be fair a 4th dose is recomended for certain individuals

'Individuals who are severely immunosuppressed are now eligible for a booster (fourth dose of vaccine), 12 weeks after their third primary dose. Patients who are identified by the NHS as being immunocompromised – either by their GP or the consultant who oversees their care – will be contacted by telephone or letter to make arrangements for them to receive their booster.'"

4 jabs in a year and they still call it a vaccine

Reply privately

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

'Individuals who are severely immunosuppressed are now eligible for a booster (fourth dose of vaccine), 12 weeks after their third primary dose. Patients who are identified by the NHS as being immunocompromised – either by their GP or the consultant who oversees their care – will be contacted by telephone or letter to make arrangements for them to receive their booster.'

4 jabs in a year and they still call it a vaccine "

zzzzz. How many times have you posted that to the word post

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just try watching the video. Or is that below your superior intelligence. I could post links to the cdc data but you can easily look for yourself

Peace and love to you "

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Compared to Hepb ?

Reply privately

By *Marvel-Man
over a year ago

In The Gym

Hepatitis B vaccine is upto 4 in a year depending on the person.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"From a science point of view why would it be that it seems some people are feeling the effects more with more jabs.

I would have thought it would be like topping up the immunity so not such a strong reaction to the ongoing jabs, could anybody explain it to me just so I have a better understanding?

This is a cut and paste but might help you understand

ID-19

Back to COVID-19 Home

mRNA Vaccines

Updated Jan. 4, 2022

What You Need to Know

Messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines teach our cells how to make a protein that will trigger an immune response inside our bodies.

Like all vaccines, mRNA vaccines benefit people who get vaccinated by giving them protection against diseases like COVID-19 without risking the potentially serious consequences of getting sick.

mRNA vaccines are newly available to the public. However, researchers have been studying and working with mRNA vaccines for decades.

CDC recommends that people who are starting their vaccine series or getting a booster dose get either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna (mRNA COVID-19 vaccines). The mRNA vaccines are preferred over Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine in most circumstances, but the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine may be considered in some situations.

The same COVID-19 mRNA vaccine product should be used for both doses of a two-dose primary series and for an additional primary dose, if needed. However, for a booster dose, the booster dose product does not need to match the product used for the primary series.

Learn more about getting your vaccine.

The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are messenger RNA vaccines also called mRNA vaccines. mRNA vaccines are some of the first COVID-19 vaccines authorized and approved for use in the United States.

How mRNA Vaccines Work

To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not mRNA vaccines. Instead, mRNA vaccines use mRNA created in a laboratory to teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies.

COVID vaccine

First, COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are given in the upper arm muscle. The mRNA will enter the muscle cells and instruct the cells’ machinery to produce a harmless piece of what is called the spike protein. The spike protein is found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19. After the protein piece is made, our cells break down the mRNA and remove it.

Next, our cells display the spike protein piece on their surface. Our immune system recognizes that the protein doesn’t belong there. This triggers our immune system to produce antibodies and activate other immune cells to fight off what it thinks is an infection. This is what your body might do to fight off the infection if you got sick with COVID-19.

At the end of the process, our bodies have learned how to protect against future infection from the virus that causes COVID-19. The benefit of COVID-19 mRNA vaccines, like all vaccines, is that those vaccinated gain this protection without ever having to risk the potentially serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19. Any temporary discomfort experienced after getting the vaccine is a natural part of the process and an indication that the vaccine is working."

Cut and paste of Bull merd. It's complete and utter rubbish. For a start the mRNA vaccines are formulated dispersed in lipid nano particles. These transport vehicles are designed to transport the mRNA to cells within our body. But the thing is these LNP's are extremely efficient and the mRNA is transported in high levels to every organ in the body. The LNP's also help it cross the blood brain barrier. In traditional vaccines the active component remains local in the muscle where the immune response takes place.

The issue with mRNA delivery is that unlike traditional vaccines you are given a finite dose of dead virus, this quantity is controlled by the dosage and is well studies in the clinical trials to identify the correct dose response to get the best efficacy and minimise side effects.

However mRNA generates the target protein (spike protein of the virus) by using the body's own cells as protein synthesis factories. The issue here is this quantity of spike protein will vary from person to person since we are not biologically identical. Some people may generate more spike than others, some may generate more spike in their brain, or their liver depending on different peoples biological and matabolic differences.

This is not easy to quantify in a clinical study the dose response and is actually quite risky.

Very unconventional in medicine since most drugs are given at a finite dose regime based on pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hepatitis B vaccine is upto 4 in a year depending on the person. "

And they call it a vaccine still

Reply privately

over a year ago

4 jabs in a year and they still call it a vaccine zzzzz. How many times have you posted that to the word post"

Zzzzzzzzz go back to sleep buddy

Reply privately

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

4 jabs in a year and they still call it a vaccine zzzzz. How many times have you posted that to the word post

Zzzzzzzzz go back to sleep buddy"

i have reverted back to counting sheep, far less tedious.

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

And they call it a vaccine still "

So now you are claiming the Hepb vaccine doesn't work lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

i didnt know there is a fourth jab?

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

A fourth jab is being offered to people with a severely weakened immune system, like the OP, who is a renal transplant patient.

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"i didnt know there is a fourth jab?"

There might be and it might be more targeted, my thinking is it depends on the situation over the next few months and may possibly be an updated "omicron" version of the vaccine but not a mass rollout.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"i didnt know there is a fourth jab?

There might be and it might be more targeted, my thinking is it depends on the situation over the next few months and may possibly be an updated "omicron" version of the vaccine but not a mass rollout."

No it's only for specific vulnerable groups.All details on NHS website

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

So it's 3 doses and a booster dose (4)

Reply privately

By *Marvel-Man
over a year ago

In The Gym

And they call it a vaccine still "

So what is the Hepatitis B vaccine then if it isn't a vaccine?

Hepatitis A can be 4 doses depending on the person's age and which vaccine they have. Is this not a vaccine?

Hib disease is also 4 dose vaccine. Is this not a vaccine?

Pertussis is also 4 dose vaccine. Is this not a vaccine?

Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio are 5 a dose vaccine. Are these not a vaccine?

Some are the vaccines I've just mentioned are also given as a 6 in 1 vaccine at the same time. So is this not a vaccine?

Reply privately

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

"So it's 3 doses and a booster dose (4)"

I think specifically people on immunosuppressive therapy get two 1st vaccines and then 2 second vaccines. The booster is

sometimes a half dose depending on the vaccine used , but people who are really clinically vulnerable to always get full doses..

I only know because I had to fight the computer at the vaccination centre to input their data, as the doses were different to the norm.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"So it's 3 doses and a booster dose (4)

I think specifically people on immunosuppressive therapy get two 1st vaccines and then 2 second vaccines. The booster is

sometimes a half dose depending on the vaccine used , but people who are really clinically vulnerable to always get full doses..

I only know because I had to fight the computer at the vaccination centre to input their data, as the doses were different to the norm. "

Thank you for explaining that

Reply privately

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

I think we will all end up having some sort of booster Jab annually around winter time

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I think we will all end up having some sort of booster Jab annually around winter time "

Yes, I wonder if we will, like the flu jab.

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

"I think we will all end up having some sort of booster Jab annually around winter time "

So just the same as the flu jab I have every year then if it gets to that then I would be quite happy

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I think we will all end up having some sort of booster Jab annually around winter time

So just the same as the flu jab I have every year then if it gets to that then I would be quite happy"

Me too

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Hepatitis A can be 4 doses depending on the person's age and which vaccine they have. Is this not a vaccine?

Some are the vaccines I've just mentioned are also given as a 6 in 1 vaccine at the same time. So is this not a vaccine?"

I guess they will rewrite or scrap the green book when they cop onto the advice here and stop wasting time and money

Reply privately

By *Marvel-Man
over a year ago

In The Gym

Some are the vaccines I've just mentioned are also given as a 6 in 1 vaccine at the same time. So is this not a vaccine?

I guess they will rewrite or scrap the green book when they cop onto the advice here and stop wasting time and money"

I'm still waiting for the fascinating answer as to why a 4 dose vaccine isn't a vaccine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I guess they will rewrite or scrap the green book when they cop onto the advice here and stop wasting time and money

I'm still waiting for the fascinating answer as to why a 4 dose vaccine isn't a vaccine. "

Could because it’s gene therapy

Reply privately

By *avana8817Man
over a year ago

Consett

Some are the vaccines I've just mentioned are also given as a 6 in 1 vaccine at the same time. So is this not a vaccine?"

Hep B is a course of 3 maybe 4. After the course you are given a blood test to check you are immune. You dont get boosters with Hep B.

Hep A is every 10 years and is 1 jab and it is not 4 doses. I dont believe.

Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio Is a 3 vaccine injection (1 Jab) every 10 years.

Not sure about the other two, but you seem to have the information wrong about the others.

But other examples:

Typhoid 1 jab every 3 years

Yellow fever 1 jab every 3 years

Thats the vaccine programme we had in the Army.

Not sure why you are comparing these to a Covid Jab?

Reply privately

By *Marvel-Man
over a year ago

In The Gym

Hep B is a course of 3 maybe 4. After the course you are given a blood test to check you are immune. You dont get boosters with Hep B.

Not sure about the other two, but you seem to have the information wrong about the others.

But other examples:

Hep B. What you say is some what correct for certain people given their natural immunity. Some people require 2 or 3 but the maximum equals 4 doses. Based off blood tests. Also this is age and vaccine specific.

Hep A if given the TwinRix Adult vaccine is 4 doses. Day 0, 7 and 21, 4th dose is at 12 months. This again is vaccine specific.

In regards to Perusis, Diphtheria, Polio and Tetanus. These are part of the 6 in 1 that's given to babies at 8 weeks, 12 weeks and 16 weeks. The 4th dose is given at 3 years and 4 months. A 5th dose is given of Diphtheria, Polio and Tetanus at age 14.

In regards to my point. It was mentioned that a vaccine that's 4 doses isn't a vaccine. So I just listed vaccines with 4 or more doses. Then questioned are these vaccines?

"

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

I'm still waiting for the fascinating answer as to why a 4 dose vaccine isn't a vaccine.

Could because it’s gene therapy "

That's science fiction I'm afraid.

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

That's science fiction I'm afraid."

Some seem to have a lot of trouble distinguishing the difference from science fiction and science fact sadly if they havent learnt in two years I dont hold out much hope for them learning now, fortunately the majority of the population are aware the Pfizer vaccine isnt gene therapy no matter what some idiot youtuber says

Reply privately

By *Marvel-Man
over a year ago

In The Gym

In that case then that would be wrong.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In that case then that would be wrong."

What would be wrong? The mRNA or DNA in the vaccine is the same gene that codes for the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 therefore by definition it is gene based therapeutic.

It doesn't by design alter the host DNA which is often the misconception i.e. "That gene altering therapy" that is false.

This technology could be changed to code for a gene in the body, all they would need to do is change the mRNA sequence to the specific gene they require to express

Reply privately

over a year ago

But other examples:

Hep B. What you say is some what correct for certain people given their natural immunity. Some people require 2 or 3 but the maximum equals 4 doses. Based off blood tests. Also this is age and vaccine specific.

Hep A if given the TwinRix Adult vaccine is 4 doses. Day 0, 7 and 21, 4th dose is at 12 months. This again is vaccine specific.

In regards to Perusis, Diphtheria, Polio and Tetanus. These are part of the 6 in 1 that's given to babies at 8 weeks, 12 weeks and 16 weeks. The 4th dose is given at 3 years and 4 months. A 5th dose is given of Diphtheria, Polio and Tetanus at age 14.

In regards to my point. It was mentioned that a vaccine that's 4 doses isn't a vaccine. So I just listed vaccines with 4 or more doses. Then questioned are these vaccines?

"

I said 4 jabs in a year and you're still calling it a vaccine.

Especially when it was 2 jabs to freedom, boosted to save Christmas.

I don't know how much more bull shit you need before the penny drops.

Are these traditional vaccines then? Has this technology been used as vaccines on humans previously? Have your boosted colleagues friends and family had Clovid 19? I don't know anyone who has had polio, tetanus, TB after being vaccinated, I know everyone who has been boosted has.

Therefore this is not quite a vaccine, sorry.

Wait till they unleash the CRISPR on you

Reply privately

By *ocket rocket 2021Woman
over a year ago

Farnworth

"Some people in here talk absolute bollocks. The vaccine program works that’s proven. Some of you cocks need to get covid pneumonia to really understand what covid is like. Try saying goodbye to your loved ones, not knowing if you will see then again, I had to do this as I went to hospital this time last year. Or try comforting your kids after covid takes their mum, like I had to do. Covid is real. Covid kills. Covid is here to stay. Some people need to grow up. This is not aimed at all, just a few who are so ignorant to it all "

There's a marked difference between covid and covid pneumonia. Pneumonia has always been a killer to some people. Covid doesn't always

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

What would be wrong? The mRNA or DNA in the vaccine is the same gene that codes for the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 therefore by definition it is gene based therapeutic.

It doesn't by design alter the host DNA which is often the misconception i.e. "That gene altering therapy" that is false.

This technology could be changed to code for a gene in the body, all they would need to do is change the mRNA sequence to the specific gene they require to express"

And you claim to be a biochemist or something similar? Hilarious!

mRNA is being synthesised throughout your body right now, transcribing your genes so that the genetic code can be translated into proteins. What do you think would happen if you injected a "gene in the body" mRNA sequence into a human?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

This technology could be changed to code for a gene in the body, all they would need to do is change the mRNA sequence to the specific gene they require to express"

This sounds dead cleaver, more cleverer than those know it alls who made the vaccines

Reply privately

over a year ago

This technology could be changed to code for a gene in the body, all they would need to do is change the mRNA sequence to the specific gene they require to express

This sounds dead cleaver, more cleverer than those know it alls who made the vaccines "

The dead cleaver could be the graphene hydroxide I hope you’ve been a good boy and took all your shots, that your know it all scientists created, as they say in fellowship keep coming back!

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

This sounds dead cleaver, more cleverer than those know it alls who made the vaccines

The dead cleaver could be the graphene hydroxide I hope you’ve been a good boy and took all your shots, that your know it all scientists created, as they say in fellowship keep coming back! "

The whole graphene hydroxide in the vaccine rubbish has been debunked already as can be seen in the Reuters fact check link below but feel free to Google it yourself aswell if you like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2OZ14F

This was a claim made by one Spanish scientist testing a vial from an unknown origin with no traceability or conclusive evidence, also as started in the article if the substance he tested contained 99.9% graphene oxide it would infact be black in colour as graphene is black so they not only made the vaccine but also found a way to make graphene perfectly transparent that's quite impressive

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

The dead cleaver could be the graphene hydroxide I hope you’ve been a good boy and took all your shots, that your know it all scientists created, as they say in fellowship keep coming back! "

Wow ! Really ?

Wtf is graphene hydroxide...

Ps great to have such an expert here

Reply privately

over a year ago

This sounds dead cleaver, more cleverer than those know it alls who made the vaccines "

It's not even clever, it's very basic science but the layman gets bamboozled to believing the science is only understood by the "experts" just because you're thick and don't understand it doesn''t mean us clever bastards don't

Reply privately

over a year ago

mRNA is being synthesised throughout your body right now, transcribing your genes so that the genetic code can be translated into proteins. What do you think would happen if you injected a "gene in the body" mRNA sequence into a human? "

that doesn't make sense? The sentence is not coherent. Of course it's being synthesised to express a particular gene to synthesise a protein to carry out a particular function on demand. But I don't get what is your point?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The dead cleaver could be the graphene hydroxide I hope you’ve been a good boy and took all your shots, that your know it all scientists created, as they say in fellowship keep coming back!

The whole graphene hydroxide in the vaccine rubbish has been debunked already as can be seen in the Reuters fact check link below but feel free to Google it yourself aswell if you like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2OZ14F

This was a claim made by one Spanish scientist testing a vial from an unknown origin with no traceability or conclusive evidence, also as started in the article if the substance he tested contained 99.9% graphene oxide it would infact be black in colour as graphene is black so they not only made the vaccine but also found a way to make graphene perfectly transparent that's quite impressive

"

While I totally agree the graphene oxide bollocks is unfounded conspiracy theory. I really wouldn't make claims that reuters is a reputable it trustworthy source of fact check. It's not independent from the main stream.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Early to bed for me"

Thats becauce the jab is bad nasty and will not protect u from any thing

Reply privately

By *angerousEyesMan
over a year ago

weston

Not had one and no intention to

Reply privately

over a year ago

Early to bed for me"

Since when have we had to have a 4th jab? This is ridiculous mow. We know the vaccine doesn't stop transmission so what is the point

Reply privately

By *my EastwoodTV/TS
over a year ago

Somewherefaraway

Not interested in reply's or opinions, but the OP was right, I have also had 4 doses, 2x AstraZeneca 2x Pfizer, it's being offered to the clinically vulnerable people who are immunosuppressants. like myself.

Again not looking for a fight, but the vaccine's main aim, is to keep you out of intensive care, some seem to be forgetting that, no it won't stop you from being infected or to transmit it, but it will keep you out of ICU!

Reply privately

By *ows the time 300Man
over a year ago

Rickmansworth

Hopefully we will now move on to the stage when the vaccinations will be offered to the elderly and vulnerable people.

I think we all know that in reality it's not sensible to try and vaccinate everyone over 12 years old, every 3 months forever more.

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

Early to bed for me

Since when have we had to have a 4th jab? This is ridiculous mow. We know the vaccine doesn't stop transmission so what is the point"

If you read back through the whole post you will see that people have said repeatedly that it is those that are on immunosuppression medication that are receiving a fourth jab due to the medication that they are on, not everyone needs a fourth jab, also the main aim of the vaccines is not to stop transmission it is to stop the majority of people from needing hospitalization from covid by reducing the severity of the symptoms

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Early to bed for me

Since when have we had to have a 4th jab? This is ridiculous mow. We know the vaccine doesn't stop transmission so what is the point

If you read back through the whole post you will see that people have said repeatedly that it is those that are on immunosuppression medication that are receiving a fourth jab due to the medication that they are on, not everyone needs a fourth jab, also the main aim of the vaccines is not to stop transmission it is to stop the majority of people from needing hospitalization from covid by reducing the severity of the symptoms"

The OPs symptoms seemed reasonably concerning…

Does the vaccine, which has made the OP unwell stop the majority from needing hospitalisation?

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

Early to bed for me

If you read back through the whole post you will see that people have said repeatedly that it is those that are on immunosuppression medication that are receiving a fourth jab due to the medication that they are on, not everyone needs a fourth jab, also the main aim of the vaccines is not to stop transmission it is to stop the majority of people from needing hospitalization from covid by reducing the severity of the symptoms

The OPs symptoms seemed reasonably concerning…

Does the vaccine, which has made the OP unwell stop the majority from needing hospitalisation? "

Yes it does

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Hit the nail on the head here!

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"

Hit the nail on the head here!"

kindly explain what's gene therapy

Reply privately

By *iss KissWoman
over a year ago

near Coventry

# Be kind

My thoughts entirely.

Mine too"

I have no doubt.

Schoolyard bullies!

Reply privately

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 28/01/22 22:34:34]

Reply privately

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

Welcome to the world of Fab..

4th jabs was announced weeks ago.

Reply privately

By *Marvel-Man
over a year ago

In The Gym

"

kindly explain what's gene therapy "

There won't be any answer. Just like I never got an answer to why having 4 jabs isn't a vaccine.

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"

There's a marked difference between covid and covid pneumonia. Pneumonia has always been a killer to some people. Covid doesn't always "

That's a bizarre statement

Pneumonia doesn't always kill

Covid doesn't always kill

Pneumonia sometimes kills

Covid sometimes kills

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

There won't be any answer. Just like I never got an answer to why having 4 jabs isn't a vaccine. "

Copy and pasted obviously from https://asgct.org/research/news/november-2020/covid-19-moderna-nih-vaccine

Two COVID-19 vaccine trials, both of which use messenger RNA (or mRNA) technology to teach the body to fight the virus, have reported efficacy over 90 percent.

These findings, announced by Moderna on Nov. 16 and by Pfizer and its partner BioNTech on Nov. 9 (with an update on Nov. 18), demonstrate that gene therapy is a viable strategy for developing vaccines to combat COVID-19. Both vaccine candidates use mRNA to program a person's cells to produce many copies of a fragment of the virus. The fragment then stimulates the immune system to attack if the real virus tries to invade the body.

Reply privately

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"

There won't be any answer. Just like I never got an answer to why having 4 jabs isn't a vaccine.

Copy and pasted obviously from https://asgct.org/research/news/november-2020/covid-19-moderna-nih-vaccine

Two COVID-19 vaccine trials, both of which use messenger RNA (or mRNA) technology to teach the body to fight the virus, have reported efficacy over 90 percent.

These findings, announced by Moderna on Nov. 16 and by Pfizer and its partner BioNTech on Nov. 9 (with an update on Nov. 18), demonstrate that gene therapy is a viable strategy for developing vaccines to combat COVID-19. Both vaccine candidates use mRNA to program a person's cells to produce many copies of a fragment of the virus. The fragment then stimulates the immune system to attack if the real virus tries to invade the body."

You still haven't explained what gene therapy is?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Early to bed for me"

My fourth had a similar effect. I gather it's not unexpected.

I've been invited for my fifth

Reply privately

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

Waiting here too?

There is a 'manufacturing' component of the vaccine that tricks the body into making multiple copies of the spike protein once injected. This is why such a small dose of vaccine is needed as the body does the hard work, then the immune system kicks in to destroy it and 'learning' in the process.

This is why maRNA vaccines are showing promise against many other diseases as it is a simple modification of the RNA it carries to make something completely different.

This could be a sample of cancer cells, HIV and many others that until now have proved difficult to vaccine against. A personalised cancer vaccine, the Holy Grail of cancer treatment.

Is this where people are misreading the 'Gene therapy' when the only Gene modification being done is what's in the vaccine itself?

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

mRNA is being synthesised throughout your body right now, transcribing your genes so that the genetic code can be translated into proteins. What do you think would happen if you injected a "gene in the body" mRNA sequence into a human? "

The number of times the misinformed have posted, or reposted Fbook BS, claiming 'gene therapy' is tragic.

It's surprising that some people are able to live independently, the volume of complete BS that trickles into their minds and they buy into it. Gene therapy

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

[Removed by poster at 05/02/22 17:34:52]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't understand the sense in giving people who are immuno repressed more jabs. It's pretty clear the jabs deteriorates the natural immune system hence being up to 8 times more likely to catch COVID after vaccination.

Call it a myth all you like but vitamin c and d and zinc and you're on for a winner not just for covid but for everything.

You'd wonder why the governments and experts never told us this all along rather than pushing the jabs to make friends and family money

Reply privately

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"I don't understand the sense in giving people who are immuno repressed more jabs. It's pretty clear the jabs deteriorates the natural immune system hence being up to 8 times more likely to catch COVID after vaccination.

Call it a myth all you like but vitamin c and d and zinc and you're on for a winner not just for covid but for everything.

You'd wonder why the governments and experts never told us this all along rather than pushing the jabs to make friends and family money "

The vaccines lower the immune system to covid or anything else. It of cause raises the immune system to covid of course. The figures you give about catching covid are just made up. No evidence of vitamin c and d zinc having any effect on covid. People in hospital long ish term for anything are generally given vit d.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't understand the sense in giving people who are immuno repressed more jabs. It's pretty clear the jabs deteriorates the natural immune system hence being up to 8 times more likely to catch COVID after vaccination.

You'd wonder why the governments and experts never told us this all along rather than pushing the jabs to make friends and family money "

You first three words summed it up. No point reading anymore after that

Reply privately

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

People who are immunosuprressed are on treatment that reduces the bodies natural immune system.. maybe they are having treatment for cancer or to stop the body rejecting the kidney that they received in an organ donor operation.

They are give more vaccinations to help support the immune system to protect them from covid. It is straight forward if you are given a simple explanation. I hope this helps you grasp what is happening now.

Regarding the government encouraging people to have vaccines instead of handing out vitamins. If only life was that simple eh

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

You'd wonder why the governments and experts never told us this all along rather than pushing the jabs to make friends and family money

You first three words summed it up. No point reading anymore after that

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

50th jabs later some of you are going

Reply privately

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

The middle paragraph of the above is good advice. Dr John Campbell on You Tube, a sensible and very widely regarded doctor from Cumbria, is always banging on about vitamin D. We just don't see enough sunshine here from October to March.

Reply privately

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

# Be kind

My thoughts entirely.

Mine too

I have no doubt.

Schoolyard bullies!"

Let me guess.. was it the aggressive people who follow the media and can't have an ounce of respect for peoples individual decisions for the welfare of their own health? People who are strong minded and can analyse facts and decide for themselves will always be targeted by the masses that feel unsettled by someone who can be so strong minded and self reliant.. envy

Reply privately

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple
over a year ago

North fife

Yip let's all line up for another jab that lasts weeks. The 4th will come and the 5th.... How long will the population see that we need to start to obtain natural immunity.

Reply privately

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

"Yip let's all line up for another jab that lasts weeks. The 4th will come and the 5th.... How long will the population see that we need to start to obtain natural immunity. "

That went well for the 150,000 dead of it in the UK and all those suffering from long Covid then, didn't it?

Some people seem to have developed a natural immunity to scientific fact, which never ends well.

My neighbour on ICU tells me of yet another unvaccinated 44 year old male, no previous health conditions, battling for breath and life with coronavirus, pleading for the belated vaccine (!) and describing himself as a 'complete fool' for swallowing all the anti vax nonsense, whilst trying to scribble his signature on a hastily drawn up will. It is heartbreaking.

Reply privately

By *aked2sumCouple
over a year ago

on the coast

"Yip let's all line up for another jab that lasts weeks. The 4th will come and the 5th.... How long will the population see that we need to start to obtain natural immunity.

That went well for the 150,000 dead of it in the UK and all those suffering from long Covid then, didn't it?

Some people seem to have developed a natural immunity to scientific fact, which never ends well.

My neighbour on ICU tells me of yet another unvaccinated 44 year old male, no previous health conditions, battling for breath and life with coronavirus, pleading for the belated vaccine (!) and describing himself as a 'complete fool' for swallowing all the anti vax nonsense, whilst trying to scribble his signature on a hastily drawn up will. It is heartbreaking. "

Can’t beat a drama queen

Reply privately

By *he Secret Tea PartyCouple
over a year ago

London

"You also might want to send off for a antibody test from the NHS to see if the vaccine or a past infection has formed antibodies.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/antibody-testing-to-check-if-youve-had-coronavirus/"

Had my hopes up then, only if you're in some trials. Which I am not.

Reply privately

By *he Secret Tea PartyCouple
over a year ago

London

"Had my hopes up then, only if you're in some trials. Which I am not."

KM

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"You also might want to send off for a antibody test from the NHS to see if the vaccine or a past infection has formed antibodies.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/antibody-testing-to-check-if-youve-had-coronavirus/

Had my hopes up then, only if you're in some trials. Which I am not."

You can pay for private antibody tests at various clinics.

Reply privately

By *hamelessAndHussyCouple
over a year ago

Uckfield

"Yip let's all line up for another jab that lasts weeks. The 4th will come and the 5th.... How long will the population see that we need to start to obtain natural immunity. "

I just wondered, where / how do you "obtain natural immunity"?

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

"Yip let's all line up for another jab that lasts weeks. The 4th will come and the 5th.... How long will the population see that we need to start to obtain natural immunity.

I just wondered, where / how do you "obtain natural immunity"?"

By catching it …..

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

My neighbour on ICU tells me of yet another unvaccinated 44 year old male, no previous health conditions, battling for breath and life with coronavirus, pleading for the belated vaccine (!) and describing himself as a 'complete fool' for swallowing all the anti vax nonsense, whilst trying to scribble his signature on a hastily drawn up will. It is heartbreaking.

Can’t beat a drama queen "

Or more made up nonsense

Reply privately

By *hamelessAndHussyCouple
over a year ago

Uckfield

I just wondered, where / how do you "obtain natural immunity"?

By catching it ….. "

Ah. I feared as much. And can some bright spark explain why this is seen by some as a good thing?

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Can’t beat a drama queen

Or more made up nonsense"

People wouldn't make stuff up on fab surely ?

Oh yeah, somebody said natural immunity is safer than vaccines lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Okay so help me out, are there actually still a large number of cases, and a lot of people very sick to varying levels, its just that local elections are coming so they want us all to feel free, so we can votw again for who we are told too. Is that it?

Reply privately

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

Can’t beat a drama queen

Or more made up nonsense

Oh yeah, somebody said natural immunity is safer than vaccines lol"

Feel free to belong to the conspiracy theories headbanging rabble, who hold that my neighbour is an actress, the patient was an actor and Boris went into ICU as a 'theatrical stunt'. Just means the boosters are in plentiful supply and given faster to the 36 million of us who prefer life to drowning death by tube down the throat.

Yours

'drama queen'

Reply privately

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

# Be kind

My thoughts entirely.

Mine too

I have no doubt.

Schoolyard bullies!

Let me guess.. was it the aggressive people who follow the media and can't have an ounce of respect for peoples individual decisions for the welfare of their own health? People who are strong minded and can analyse facts and decide for themselves will always be targeted by the masses that feel unsettled by someone who can be so strong minded and self reliant.. envy "

Why are you, or anyone else, able to analyse facts better than those with knowledge, practical experience, understanding and all of the available data? You know, immunologists, virologists, epidemiologists, statisticians and the like?

I am envious of them, or at least admiring of their ability rather than those claiming to be "strong minded and self-reliant".

Reply privately

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

Early to bed for me

"

No. It's being strengthened by being already able to recognise the real, damaging virus if it does enter your body.

Otherwise it would take longer to recognise and create antibodies. During that time you are more likely to become severely ill or die if you are susceptible.

More likely. Not definitely.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it shpuld be compulsory then?

and if so, what should be the punishment for refusing to comply?

Reply privately

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"So it shpuld be compulsory then?

and if so, what should be the punishment for refusing to comply?"

Not sure why you draw that conclusion.

It's better for everyone to be vaccinated, unless you are one of the tiny proportion of people who do have an adverse reaction.

Who's said that there should be a punishment for not complying?

You may not be able to do certain things such as travel or attend crowded venues because you could cause harm to others.

That's like driving without a license.

No one should get vaccinated if you don't want to, but that choice should be made with real information not myth.

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

Love all the experts on here … Not … get my daily dose of laughter from here

Reply privately

By *aked2sumCouple
over a year ago

on the coast

Can’t beat a drama queen

Or more made up nonsense

Feel free to belong to the conspiracy theories headbanging rabble, who hold that my neighbour is an actress, the patient was an actor and Boris went into ICU as a 'theatrical stunt'. Just means the boosters are in plentiful supply and given faster to the 36 million of us who prefer life to drowning death by tube down the throat.

Yours

'drama queen' "

Fantastic news your welcome to my booster I don’t need it

Reply privately

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

Can’t beat a drama queen

Or more made up nonsense

Yours

'drama queen'

Fantastic news your welcome to my booster I don’t need it "

Thanks I hope for your sake, you're right.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"...

You may not be able to do certain things such as travel or attend crowded venues because you could cause harm to others.

..."

Can you please explain why someone who is not vaccinated could cause harm to others? How does that compare to someone who is vaccinated? Are you saying that the former are higher risk to others than the latter? Why is it like driving without a licence?

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

[Removed by poster at 12/02/22 19:40:32]

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"...

Can you please explain why someone who is not vaccinated could cause harm to others? How does that compare to someone who is vaccinated? Are you saying that the former are higher risk to others than the latter? Why is it like driving without a licence?"

Well for a start, someone who gets admitted to ICU with Covid is potentially taking that away from someone without Covid and an unvaccinated person is more likely to need ICU

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You still haven't explained what gene therapy is?"

Alters your natural human dna to make you trans human, part human dna part man made dna

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"You still haven't explained what gene therapy is?

Alters your natural human dna to make you trans human, part human dna part man made dna"

That's not what gene therapy does, but never mind.

Nor do the mRNA vaccines achieve the thing you've written above.

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Alters your natural human dna to make you trans human, part human dna part man made dna"

Actually It makes you baaaa like a sheep

Reply privately

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

"...

Can you please explain why someone who is not vaccinated could cause harm to others? How does that compare to someone who is vaccinated? Are you saying that the former are higher risk to others than the latter? Why is it like driving without a licence?

Well for a start, someone who gets admitted to ICU with Covid is potentially taking that away from someone without Covid and an unvaccinated person is more likely to need ICU"

Superb reposte! It beggars belief that people still ask this question as though they learnt nothing from school, college and life in general. The more unvaccinated people in society, the more opportunity germs have to spread. This means outbreaks are harder to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people who now number 38 million very sensible three-jabs human beings.

This concept is known as herd immunity. Each member of society contributes to the collective health of society because the way a pathogen survives is by finding new people to infect. The fewer susceptible people in society, the less chance the germ has to spread.

Time to make jabs compulsory by law (it has happened in the past, Google it) and invoice people who enter hospital unvaccinated for covid-19 treatment?

Unfortunately, the rights brigade have taught people to challenge everything and anything to the point of utter stupidity. Covid is an evasive virus. It takes time for the unvaccinated to mount an immune response by which time the virus may have wreaked havoc! This is where the vaccinated have the speed edge.

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Alters your natural human dna to make you trans human, part human dna part man made dna

That's not what gene therapy does, but never mind.

Nor do the mRNA vaccines achieve the thing you've written above. "

I was hoping to wake-up with Magneto powers, are you telling me that's not going to happen now? Ffs.

Reply privately

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

"...

Well for a start, someone who gets admitted to ICU with Covid is potentially taking that away from someone without Covid and an unvaccinated person is more likely to need ICU

Superb reposte! It beggars belief that people still ask this question as though they learnt nothing from school, college and life in general. The more unvaccinated people in society, the more opportunity germs have to spread. This means outbreaks are harder to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people who now number 38 million very sensible three-jabs human beings.

This concept is known as herd immunity. Each member of society contributes to the collective health of society because the way a pathogen survives is by finding new people to infect. The fewer susceptible people in society, the less chance the germ has to spread.

Time to make jabs compulsory by law (it has happened in the past, Google it) and invoice people who enter hospital unvaccinated for covid-19 treatment?

Unfortunately, the rights brigade have taught people to challenge everything and anything to the point of utter stupidity. Covid is an evasive virus. It takes time for the unvaccinated to mount an immune response by which time the virus may have wreaked havoc! This is where the vaccinated have the speed edge. "

so by rights here immunity would have been reached quicker if more people had the virus at a early stage ( obviously then stopping the spread ) just a thought there if fit healthy people had been allowed to get on with their lives there would be no need to even discuss a possible law to make every have a vaccine that they may not want. In fact my view now is one where by if you opted to have the vaccine and you choose not to opt to have a healthy life style and you end up in hospital with Covid you should be forced to pay for you treatment,

Reply privately

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

"...

Unfortunately, the rights brigade have taught people to challenge everything and anything to the point of utter stupidity. Covid is an evasive virus. It takes time for the unvaccinated to mount an immune response by which time the virus may have wreaked havoc! This is where the vaccinated have the speed edge. "

also you would by any means consider that most of the unvaccinated have already had covid so no need to force a vaccine on them

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"...

Well for a start, someone who gets admitted to ICU with Covid is potentially taking that away from someone without Covid and an unvaccinated person is more likely to need ICU"

Ok. In which case the same applies to everyone who is vaccinated but also obese and/or a smoker because almost two years in and with full knowledge of the significantly increased risk of being obese or a smoker if you catch Covid they did not alter their lifestyle choices.

Or, you know, we could all stop this divisive finger pointing blame game?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"...Covid is an evasive virus. It takes time for the unvaccinated to mount an immune response by which time the virus may have wreaked havoc! This is where the vaccinated have the speed edge. "

Keep dreaming cos this is twaddle! It's a cold and not a very bad one

Reply privately

over a year ago

"...Covid is an evasive virus. It takes time for the unvaccinated to mount an immune response by which time the virus may have wreaked havoc! This is where the vaccinated have the speed edge.

Keep dreaming cos this is twaddle! It's a cold and not a very bad one"

Try telling that to my lungs.. Covid last year. Have now been told that they are damaged to the extent I only have around 40% function.

But whatever helps you sleep at night...

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"...Covid is an evasive virus. It takes time for the unvaccinated to mount an immune response by which time the virus may have wreaked havoc! This is where the vaccinated have the speed edge.

Keep dreaming, because nobody with any reputable expertise would agree with you

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"...

Unfortunately, the rights brigade have taught people to challenge everything and anything to the point of utter stupidity. Covid is an evasive virus. It takes time for the unvaccinated to mount an immune response by which time the virus may have wreaked havoc! This is where the vaccinated have the speed edge. also you would by any means consider that most of the unvaccinated have already had covid so no need to force a vaccine on them "

Post-infection immunity isn't a definite, unlike the vaccine derived immunity, which is founded on a safer basis and has billions of doses given, with much more precise and safer consequences.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"...

I think what beggars belief is that two years in and there are people who still feel the need to vilify minority groups in society! I have posted this before but Orwell said it better than me...

“At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed that all right-thinking people will accept without question.

Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising effectiveness.”

We are both vaccinated. That was our choice. We respect the choices of others even if we disagree with them.

I also find it quite shocking how easily some people advocate a reduction in personal rights (ie body autonomy), especially if their own lifestyle choices are only able to be enjoyed openly due to the rights we currently have in society.

Based on what we currently know about Covid (significantly different risk profiles for different socio demographic groups) and the Vaccines (loss of efficacy and inability to prevent transmission), the call for making them compulsory for all is a total over-reaction.

The point on herd immunity misses the fact that this comes not only from widespread vaccination but also from natural immunity as a result of previous infection. By your rationale all those great unwashed unclean unvaccinated people must be riddled with Covid! So a nice pool of natural immunity is growing alongside vaccine induced immunity.

Indeed the CDC have recently published a study (before Omicron so need more time to do a comparative study) that indicates...

“Natural immunity [from previous infection] was six times stronger during the delta wave than vaccination, according to a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”

Before any anti-vax folks jump on that, the CDC also say that combining natural immunity from previous infection with the vaccine is the best form of protection.

Happy to have a polite discussion but throwing around insults is never a good look!

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"...

Unfortunately, the rights brigade have taught people to challenge everything and anything to the point of utter stupidity. Covid is an evasive virus. It takes time for the unvaccinated to mount an immune response by which time the virus may have wreaked havoc! This is where the vaccinated have the speed edge.

I think what beggars belief is that two years in and there are people who still feel the need to vilify minority groups in society! I have posted this before but Orwell said it better than me...

“At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed that all right-thinking people will accept without question.

Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising effectiveness.”

We are both vaccinated. That was our choice. We respect the choices of others even if we disagree with them.

I also find it quite shocking how easily some people advocate a reduction in personal rights (ie body autonomy), especially if their own lifestyle choices are only able to be enjoyed openly due to the rights we currently have in society.

Based on what we currently know about Covid (significantly different risk profiles for different socio demographic groups) and the Vaccines (loss of efficacy and inability to prevent transmission), the call for making them compulsory for all is a total over-reaction.

The point on herd immunity misses the fact that this comes not only from widespread vaccination but also from natural immunity as a result of previous infection. By your rationale all those great unwashed unclean unvaccinated people must be riddled with Covid! So a nice pool of natural immunity is growing alongside vaccine induced immunity.

Indeed the CDC have recently published a study (before Omicron so need more time to do a comparative study) that indicates...

“Natural immunity [from previous infection] was six times stronger during the delta wave than vaccination, according to a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”

Before any anti-vax folks jump on that, the CDC also say that combining natural immunity from previous infection with the vaccine is the best form of protection.

Happy to have a polite discussion but throwing around insults is never a good look!"

The anti vax crowd always do seem very militant and rude in how they express their feelings.

I can understand people who are hesitant to take the vaccine given the speed of development but the just a 'not very bad cold' in light of the hospital and care home numbers at the start of this is mind boggling.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"...

Happy to have a polite discussion but throwing around insults is never a good look!"

Here is the maths:

In July 2020 there was over a 1000 variants of COVID-19 circulating already. It took only 8 months for COVID-19 to evolve into over 1000 other variants. This is even before they test the first wave of vaccines. Now we are 27 months since the virus gone out. By extrapolation we have 10's of 1000's of variants out there. Not just Delta and Omicron and the new Hybrid they announced today in the news. It's simple misinformation talking about 2 or 3 variants when there are 1000's of variants out there. A considerable percent of them are just as deadly. So if the course of mass vaccination is to be considered you'd have to vaccinate each and every person with 1000's of vaccines/boosters not 1, 2, 3, 4 .... And announce a new variant only each time you have a new vaccine just because you can't create the vaccine with the same spread the variants are evolving. Also it's impossible for any person to take so many vaccines without causing them harm, even certain death. But governments need mtaxes

Reply privately

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"...

The full quote, rather than the edited one conveys a different reading. Why truncate it?

"Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising effectiveness. A genuinely unfashionable opinion is almost never given a fair hearing, either in the popular press or in the highbrow periodicals."

This is written about comparing different "opinions", not a comparison between data and opinion.

The equivalence between the opinion of member of the public and the knowledge brought to bear by a coordinated medical, scientific and mathematical professions is not equivalent.

It is absolutely correct that people should not be compelled to be vaccinated, but those choices should be made based on good information. People being constantly told that their, unqualified, opinion is as valid as expert opinion and randomly questioning everything with vague unreferenced and unevidenced theories only causes fear and confusion.

Their is waning efficacy for both natural and vaccinated immunity. The reduction in efficacy is that it does not provide full symptomatic protection. Both will still provide a strong secondary response that significantly reduces chances of severe illness or death. Missing that out is very misleading.

Herd immunity may or may not be possible to achieve with a rapidly mutating virus.

Natural immunity is not equivalent to vaccinated immunity. Vaccinated immunity provides a more consistent response than natural immunity that varies far more from one person to another. Acquiring natural immunity also requires you to catch Covid with the much higher risk of severe illness and death. Reducing this risk is the point of vaccination.

Quoting one study in isolation, whatever the conclusion, is also unhelpful. It needs to be taken in full context.

I understand that lots of writing appears to upset people, but this subject is complicated. The attempt to oversimplify has caused, and continues to cause huge problems.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The thousand of people who've passed away due to Covid disagree with you most strongly.

As do those suffering the life changeing health issues of Long Covid.

As do the families of these people.

Your post shows an alarming level of ignorance.

Winston

Reply privately

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

Why do you think this?

Do you not know anyone who has been severely ill from Covid? If you do not know someone personally does that mean that it does not exist?

Do you personally know anyone who has been killed in a road traffic incident or had their house flooded or burned down?

How about AIDS? Racism?

What are your criteria for accepting that something is real?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"...

Happy to have a polite discussion but throwing around insults is never a good look!

The full quote, rather than the edited one conveys a different reading. Why truncate it?

"Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising effectiveness. A genuinely unfashionable opinion is almost never given a fair hearing, either in the popular press or in the highbrow periodicals."

This is written about comparing different "opinions", not a comparison between data and opinion.

The equivalence between the opinion of member of the public and the knowledge brought to bear by a coordinated medical, scientific and mathematical professions is not equivalent.

It is absolutely correct that people should not be compelled to be vaccinated, but those choices should be made based on good information. People being constantly told that their, unqualified, opinion is as valid as expert opinion and randomly questioning everything with vague unreferenced and unevidenced theories only causes fear and confusion.

Their is waning efficacy for both natural and vaccinated immunity. The reduction in efficacy is that it does not provide full symptomatic protection. Both will still provide a strong secondary response that significantly reduces chances of severe illness or death. Missing that out is very misleading.

Herd immunity may or may not be possible to achieve with a rapidly mutating virus.

Natural immunity is not equivalent to vaccinated immunity. Vaccinated immunity provides a more consistent response than natural immunity that varies far more from one person to another. Acquiring natural immunity also requires you to catch Covid with the much higher risk of severe illness and death. Reducing this risk is the point of vaccination.

Quoting one study in isolation, whatever the conclusion, is also unhelpful. It needs to be taken in full context.

I understand that lots of writing appears to upset people, but this subject is complicated. The attempt to oversimplify has caused, and continues to cause huge problems."

There one crucial problem with immunity through vaccination in the case of COVID-19:

By the time the 1st vaccine was available to apply on a mass scale, the virus already created 1000's of mutations. By the time the 4th booster was out the virus mutated into 10's of 1000's of variants. So taking 4 boosters or even a 1000 boosters (which unrealistic and extremely dangerous even if they were available) won't give you protection against 99% of the variants circulating out there.

The only sure achievement of these continuous boosters is more taxes for the governments less income for everybody and 100's of billions for the companies that makes who categorically refuse to give any license of production for the vaccines to poor countries, so that the rich countries keep bleeding their resources for their own greed. These governments don't want the pandemic to end. It's all about money.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"...

I understand that lots of writing appears to upset people, but this subject is complicated. The attempt to oversimplify has caused, and continues to cause huge problems.

There one crucial problem with immunity through vaccination in the case of COVID-19:

By the time the 1st vaccine was available to apply on a mass scale, the virus already created 1000's of mutations. By the time the 4th booster was out the virus mutated into 10's of 1000's of variants. So taking 4 boosters or even a 1000 boosters (which unrealistic and extremely dangerous even if they were available) won't give you protection against 99% of the variants circulating out there.

The only sure achievement of these continuous boosters is more taxes for the governments less income for everybody and 100's of billions for the companies that makes who categorically refuse to give any license of production for the vaccines to poor countries, so that the rich countries keep bleeding their resources for their own greed. These governments don't want the pandemic to end. It's all about money. "

Last 2 sentences......... Nonsense.

Winston

Reply privately

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"...

The only sure achievement of these continuous boosters is more taxes for the governments less income for everybody and 100's of billions for the companies that makes who categorically refuse to give any license of production for the vaccines to poor countries, so that the rich countries keep bleeding their resources for their own greed. These governments don't want the pandemic to end. It's all about money.

Last 2 sentences......... Nonsense.

Winston"

I'm interested in the 10s of thousands of variants as I've seen that copy and paste paragraph doing the rounds but haven't seen any justification for it. Are people being paid to post this stuff around the Internet?

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"...

I understand that lots of writing appears to upset people, but this subject is complicated. The attempt to oversimplify has caused, and continues to cause huge problems."

The full Orwell quote makes no mention of “data” and the word “opinion” has the following meaning:

“a statement of advice by an expert on a professional matter.”

You do of course know that in the 15th century the orthodox scientific and religious opinion was that the world was flat and if you sailed westward across the Atlantic you would fall off. Challenging that orthodoxy had serious consequences.

Does that mean the vast majority of scientists supporting vaccines are wrong. No of course not (bloody hope not as we had ours). But whoa betide anyone asking any questions that challenge that collective (orthodox) position even though, of course, science is not a fixed immutable thing, it changes as we learn more. Indeed 12-18mths ago nobody was talking about the dramatic reduction in efficacy of the vaccines. They are now. Because we are learning as we go. It is only by challenging orthodoxy that we as a species have been able to progress!

So just as you insist that you may behave, quote or say whatever you want in whatever manner you choose, then I too will do the same.

However, feel free to provide other comparative studies to give the full context for the CDC study because I would be genuinely interested. I think even you would agree that a widespread natural immunity is actually preferable to a pharmaceutically induced one? So I for one welcome any studies into this.

Reply privately