Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Reports

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why is it that when a positive study comes out we are told to view it with caution. Doubts are always raised on the size of the study and the authors. When a negative study comes out it’s the gospel and it drives policy changes.

The way the press have covered the opinions of world class scientists from Africa has been shocking. They carry as much weight as Neil Ferguson but our press treat them as hick, backwater quacks.

I’m all for boosters and I’ve had mine. I work in global communications and I can tell you that fear is the worst way to try an convince someone of anything. I’m afraid the constant spin is feeding the anti-vaccine narrative.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Why is it that when a positive study comes out we are told to view it with caution. Doubts are always raised on the size of the study and the authors. When a negative study comes out it’s the gospel and it drives policy changes.

The way the press have covered the opinions of world class scientists from Africa has been shocking. They carry as much weight as Neil Ferguson but our press treat them as hick, backwater quacks.

I’m all for boosters and I’ve had mine. I work in global communications and I can tell you that fear is the worst way to try an convince someone of anything. I’m afraid the constant spin is feeding the anti-vaccine narrative. "

Why, fear has had a great impact on vaccination uptake?

And you're afraid that the negative spin and press is driving the anti-vaxx agenda - thought you just said fear is the worst way to convince anyone of anything?!

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Welcome to the 'What a beautiful day - best get my brolly it will rain later' set.

Membership is free. No ongoing fees. Millions of members.

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

The media in this country cause so much unrest amongst the population.

Every question asked is loaded and they have their finger firmly on the trigger, nobody ever gives them a straight answer for that very reason. It is the only profession I know of that allows bullying in the workplace

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

The media has let down the people of the country.

They should be the public's representatives in the corridors of power, asking questions on our behalf.

Does anyone feel they have done that? I don't.

By *ike Hunt888Man
over a year ago

Lancashire.

If you watch main stream media we're in the middle of a deadly pandemic , and if you don't it's Thursday .

over a year ago

"If you watch main stream media we're in the middle of a deadly pandemic , and if you don't it's Thursday ."

Happy Thursday everyone

over a year ago

"Why is it that when a positive study comes out we are told to view it with caution. Doubts are always raised on the size of the study and the authors. When a negative study comes out it’s the gospel and it drives policy changes.

I’m all for boosters and I’ve had mine. I work in global communications and I can tell you that fear is the worst way to try an convince someone of anything. I’m afraid the constant spin is feeding the anti-vaccine narrative. "

fear can be a great motivator. It's a perceived fear of vaccines that drives many non vaxxed. Trouble is you can't fight fear with fear.

And why the pessimism? Imo it's because some decisions are almost one way. Let everyone run free on the baisis that SA say it's only a cold, and find out that this isn't teh case in the UK and we are in trouble.

By *BWarksCouple
over a year ago

warwick

Because the left wing are always so risk averse and many in the media are that way inclined

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

It’s not all bad news. The press today are saying that omniccron is 70% less severe and just as unlikely to make you end up in hospital than delta.

That sounds like good news to me?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"It’s not all bad news. The press today are saying that omniccron is 70% less severe and just as unlikely to make you end up in hospital than delta.

That sounds like good news to me?"

Upto 70% with the preliminary data that is triple jabbed or up to date vaccination 40% double jabbed 5 to 10% if unvaccinated or no precious recent covid infection.

By *ee And MikeCouple
over a year ago

Cannock

"The media has let down the people of the country.

They should be the public's representatives in the corridors of power, asking questions on our behalf.

Does anyone feel they have done that? I don't."

The scum at the BBC and Sky have been the worst, asking continuously when lockdowns will be reimposed !

I know these journalists are the thickest of the thick and so are the likes of Whitty, Vallance and the rest of SAGE but we e been at this for nearly two years now and if the best they have to come up with is ‘lockdown’ then we really haven’t learned anything.

Firstly, lockdowns just kick the can down the road, the virus will get us all eventually.

Secondly, this thing isn’t going anywhere until the whole world is vaccinated, we are going to have variants year after year whilst the virus can mutate.

Are we going to have this threat of restrictions every year from October to March because we have to protect a bloated and incompetently run NHS ?

You can’t say fook all about the NHS without everyone wetting their pants, but it’s the 5th largest employer in the world and we are one of the smallest countries in the world, that’s scary statistics if you think about it. It employs around 1.8 million staff but we don’t have enough doctors and nurses ? - Someone has got their staff ratios badly wrong !

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

The scum at the BBC and Sky have been the worst, asking continuously when lockdowns will be reimposed !

I know these journalists are the thickest of the thick and so are the likes of Whitty, Vallance and the rest of SAGE but we e been at this for nearly two years now and if the best they have to come up with is ‘lockdown’ then we really haven’t learned anything.

Firstly, lockdowns just kick the can down the road, the virus will get us all eventually.

Secondly, this thing isn’t going anywhere until the whole world is vaccinated, we are going to have variants year after year whilst the virus can mutate.

Are we going to have this threat of restrictions every year from October to March because we have to protect a bloated and incompetently run NHS ?

You can’t say fook all about the NHS without everyone wetting their pants, but it’s the 5th largest employer in the world and we are one of the smallest countries in the world, that’s scary statistics if you think about it. It employs around 1.8 million staff but we don’t have enough doctors and nurses ? - Someone has got their staff ratios badly wrong !"

I am agree with you lockdowns just kick the can down the road but you overwhelm your health service you go from 0.8% deaths to 10 to 15%.

Your 2nd point I 100% agree with we need to vaccinate most of the entire world.

The rest I disagree for a western country we massively underspend on health compared pretty much every bar the USA, Sweden spend 4.5x as much per person on health. The NHS has had it spending reduced every year for well over 10 years until the last couple. We pay very little tax until recently compared to most western countries except the USA. We have the health service we as a country we vote for and deserve.

By *ee And MikeCouple
over a year ago

Cannock

You can’t say fook all about the NHS without everyone wetting their pants, but it’s the 5th largest employer in the world and we are one of the smallest countries in the world, that’s scary statistics if you think about it. It employs around 1.8 million staff but we don’t have enough doctors and nurses ? - Someone has got their staff ratios badly wrong !

I am agree with you lockdowns just kick the can down the road but you overwhelm your health service you go from 0.8% deaths to 10 to 15%.

The rest I disagree for a western country we massively underspend on health compared pretty much every bar the USA, Sweden spend 4.5x as much per person on health. The NHS has had it spending reduced every year for well over 10 years until the last couple. We pay very little tax until recently compared to most western countries except the USA. We have the health service we as a country we vote for and deserve."

Firstly, Germany has a population of around 84 million but only has around half the staff in their healthcare system that we do.

Secondly, they do pay more per head on their healthcare system than we do but they also only pay around the same taxes we do, unfortunately we have a massive welfare state system that the Germans don’t fund anything like we do, probably why all the migrants don’t stop in Europe and risk death to get here.

The NHS needs a massive boot up the backside with a lot of roles and people to be made redundant, the focus then needs to be on clinical services and the limited amount of support staff for that service.

My daughter works in a Centrally based hospital where they IT department has more staff than some wards, surely that goes to show the inadequacy of the staffing levels !

over a year ago

The rest I disagree for a western country we massively underspend on health compared pretty much every bar the USA, Sweden spend 4.5x as much per person on health. The NHS has had it spending reduced every year for well over 10 years until the last couple. We pay very little tax until recently compared to most western countries except the USA. We have the health service we as a country we vote for and deserve.

Firstly, Germany has a population of around 84 million but only has around half the staff in their healthcare system that we do.

Secondly, they do pay more per head on their healthcare system than we do but they also only pay around the same taxes we do, unfortunately we have a massive welfare state system that the Germans don’t fund anything like we do, probably why all the migrants don’t stop in Europe and risk death to get here.

The NHS needs a massive boot up the backside with a lot of roles and people to be made redundant, the focus then needs to be on clinical services and the limited amount of support staff for that service.

My daughter works in a Centrally based hospital where they IT department has more staff than some wards, surely that goes to show the inadequacy of the staffing levels !"

no idea if the staff comparisons are correct, but Germany is the largest host country of refugees.

By *pottydog46Man
over a year ago

rainham

There is a reason #scummedia is one of the most common hashtags used on Twitter!

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"If you watch main stream media we're in the middle of a deadly pandemic , and if you don't it's Thursday ."

Or if you know lots of people who are very ill, or hospitalised with it.

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

I like that!

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

I totally agree with you and glad other people notice it.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

My daughter works in a Centrally based hospital where they IT department has more staff than some wards, surely that goes to show the inadequacy of the staffing levels !"

Germany's health spend per person is almost twice the uk's. Uk and Germany pay about the same basic tax but they pay more in their equivalent of nation insurance. Finally the number of immigrants in this country is tiny compared to Germany. In our country the cost of immigrants for a whole year. Wouldn't cover the pension budget for more than a few hours. Immigrants are irrelevance in this country financially and its only used by politicians that want to distract you from something else.

over a year ago

When someone drops dead next to you in the pharmacy, within ten minutes of having their jab. It makes you question whether you want one or not. I’m not anti vaccine, I’m anti experimental covid vaccine. They’ve been telling you for years that if society doesn’t change climate change will destroy the world. Make sense to me that culling the population would be a quicker alternative to saving the planet yeah I’m a conspiracy theorist

over a year ago

"When someone drops dead next to you in the pharmacy, within ten minutes of having their jab. It makes you question whether you want one or not. I’m not anti vaccine, I’m anti experimental covid vaccine. They’ve been telling you for years that if society doesn’t change climate change will destroy the world. Make sense to me that culling the population would be a quicker alternative to saving the planet yeah I’m a conspiracy theorist "
did this really happen ?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"When someone drops dead next to you in the pharmacy, within ten minutes of having their jab. It makes you question whether you want one or not. I’m not anti vaccine, I’m anti experimental covid vaccine. They’ve been telling you for years that if society doesn’t change climate change will destroy the world. Make sense to me that culling the population would be a quicker alternative to saving the planet yeah I’m a conspiracy theorist did this really happen ?"

I am thinking not.

over a year ago

Not to me no, my best mate, he rang me soon as it happened. Got the defibrillators out and everything but unfortunately the guy was gone. He was only a couple years older than me also. I’ll take my chances with a 98% survival rate. I know a few people who’s grandparents and elderly family members have died with days of having the jab. I’m not about to playing fucking Russian roulette with my

Life.

over a year ago

"Not to me no, my best mate, he rang me soon as it happened. Got the defibrillators out and everything but unfortunately the guy was gone. He was only a couple years older than me also. I’ll take my chances with a 98% survival rate. I know a few people who’s grandparents and elderly family members have died with days of having the jab. I’m not about to playing fucking Russian roulette with my

Life. "

wow. Where was this ?

It's something like 20 ppl who have died from the vaccine (based on death certificates) so your mate was really unlucky. Totally understand why he's be reluctant in the same way I'd understans if anyone in 9/11 is scared if flying !

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"Not to me no, my best mate, he rang me soon as it happened. Got the defibrillators out and everything but unfortunately the guy was gone. He was only a couple years older than me also. I’ll take my chances with a 98% survival rate. I know a few people who’s grandparents and elderly family members have died with days of having the jab. I’m not about to playing fucking Russian roulette with my

Life. "

I probably know a couple of thousand people who had 2 or 3 jabs none have had a serious reaction to a covid vaccine. and when I had my 2nd jab at big vaccine hub there probably 100s of people there while I had my jab. One guy fainted and had to sit down but that was before his jab. I know a few people who have died of covid and more that have long term problems from covid sadly a couple of them will be disabled for life. I am prepared to play Russian roulette with my health so I take vaccine that makes it many times less likely I with die or be seriously ill from a nasty respiratory disease.

Post new Message to Thread