Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Going out feeling ill....

Jump to newest

By *adboyandgirl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Louth/M1

Just wondering if anyone has gone to work ill before, spent money on a night out and rather than lose money, gone not feeling 100% Flown feeling awful, under the weather, with a cold... we can't swap most flights can we!

Wonder if you ever passed that illness onto others....

Asking for a friend

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Ask your friend what point they're making here.

By *adboyandgirl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Louth/M1

"Ask your friend what point they're making here."

They said they had and then I thought... yeah I had too many times! Have you ever gone out feeling ill?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Depends if you only mean in the era of Covid-19.

I suspect that most of us have gone into work, attended that party, not missed our flight. Simply because that has always been the way in our western thinking. We don't like to disappoint and certainly don't want to p*ss off our employer or work colleagues.

Japan is totally the opposite, it's considered culturally rude to put others in the way of contagion. They have always routinely masked-up on subways/trains and high public concentration areas. (not excusing reasons of pollution here).

Are we changing our way of thinking that will last beyond the covid endemic stage? I am not sure that we are or will. But we will see.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Ask your friend what point they're making here.

They said they had and then I thought... yeah I had too many times! Have you ever gone out feeling ill?"

Not unless it was absolutely unavoidable but I have gone to work feeling less than 100%, I've never been on a flight feeling ill because I've never been ill at the same time as I was flying somewhere.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Totally.

However if I've known there's something like a sickness bug doing the rounds and I start to feel a gippy tummy, I stay the fuck at home just in case.

There have been times when I've just needed a fart and been right as rain and missed out for nothing, and other times I've been wondering which end I need to put on the toilet coz both are exploding so staying home was absolutely the right thing to do for myself and for others.

In both scenarios staying home was the considerate and sensible decision.

It's far more eeeeek now, as the symptoms of rona are, on their own, nothing more than a headache for example which we all get from time to time and generally nothing to worry about in the slightest, but, I think for the time being we've gotta be sensible about it and stay home if possible in these circumstances just in case.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Depends if you only mean in the era of Covid-19.

I suspect that most of us have gone into work, attended that party, not missed our flight. Simply because that has always been the way in our western thinking. We don't like to disappoint and certainly don't want to p*ss off our employer or work colleagues.

Japan is totally the opposite, it's considered culturally rude to put others in the way of contagion. They have always routinely masked-up on subways/trains and high public concentration areas. (not excusing reasons of pollution here).

Are we changing our way of thinking that will last beyond the covid endemic stage? I am not sure that we are or will. But we will see.

"

I think some will mask up if they have a cold.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I think that was and still continues to be part of the problem.. I grew up being told if you're feeling ill, people won't welcome you spreading your germs around.

Our rights seem to have exceeded our responsibilities at times.

So if you wouldn't take it to see your elderly gran.... Don't be spreading it to others. Basics really.

Not sure things are any different after almost 2 years of covid either.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think that pre-covid if you didn't have a temperature or d and v most people felt it was ok to go out and about. A lot of people made it a point of honour to come to work regardless of how I'll they were and looked down on people who took time off

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Have I passed things onto anyone?

Yes, I gave my son sickness bug. Felt like a right fucking arsehole and mega guilty.

My son, well, he is certain he gave a lad at football covid before tests were even available (way back when it first hit the UK and if you thought you had it you had to call 111 - if you didn't meet the temperature criteria they told you you didn't have it)

The chap ended up on a ventilator and my son still feels like shit even though it can't be proven.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Depends if you only mean in the era of Covid-19.

"

Part of the reason people wear masks in Japan is because they go to work even if they're very sick.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I think that pre-covid if you didn't have a temperature or d and v most people felt it was ok to go out and about. A lot of people made it a point of honour to come to work regardless of how I'll they were and looked down on people who took time off "

Totally, unless you were shitting through the eye of a needle or blowing chunks you were expected to work and guilt tripped to fuck if you dared call in sick

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Have I passed things onto anyone?

Yes, I gave my son sickness bug. Felt like a right fucking arsehole and mega guilty.

My son, well, he is certain he gave a lad at football covid before tests were even available (way back when it first hit the UK and if you thought you had it you had to call 111 - if you didn't meet the temperature criteria they told you you didn't have it)

The chap ended up on a ventilator and my son still feels like shit even though it can't be proven."

That's awful for him. I live in fear of unwittingly passing something on to my parents.

The number of times I wash my hands at their house!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think that pre-covid if you didn't have a temperature or d and v most people felt it was ok to go out and about. A lot of people made it a point of honour to come to work regardless of how I'll they were and looked down on people who took time off

Totally, unless you were shitting through the eye of a needle or blowing chunks you were expected to work and guilt tripped to fuck if you dared call in sick "

I once needed 6 months off...can you imagine what people thought and said

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've generally struggled and enjoyed the benefits of my bed, alone. If it's likely to be something that can be passed on, I enjoy not doing that.

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

"I think that pre-covid if you didn't have a temperature or d and v most people felt it was ok to go out and about. A lot of people made it a point of honour to come to work regardless of how I'll they were and looked down on people who took time off "

Exactly this! We're both guilty of just powering through when we're ill. Pre-covid, we'd just crack on and go to work, unless we're bedridden with flu or something. Since covid, we're much more considerate of others and won't inflict our germs on them if we can avoid it.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Have I passed things onto anyone?

The chap ended up on a ventilator and my son still feels like shit even though it can't be proven.

That's awful for him. I live in fear of unwittingly passing something on to my parents.

The number of times I wash my hands at their house!"

It is really scary, especially as symptoms seem to show after a few days of having it.

I got pinged yesterday and I can only assume it's because someone who I know came into my work Sunday. She's messaged me today to say she felt fine Sunday, started to feel generally unwell Monday and has had a positive result today.

I had my booster yesterday so now I'm fucked if I start to feel unwell off it coz I won't know if it's the jab or I've bloody got it so I will have to isolate until I get a clear pcr.

I know it ain't her fault as she didn't have symptoms when she came into my work but jeez, not now. This is the week I earn the most money out of the entire fucking year.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I think that pre-covid if you didn't have a temperature or d and v most people felt it was ok to go out and about. A lot of people made it a point of honour to come to work regardless of how I'll they were and looked down on people who took time off

Exactly this! We're both guilty of just powering through when we're ill. Pre-covid, we'd just crack on and go to work, unless we're bedridden with flu or something. Since covid, we're much more considerate of others and won't inflict our germs on them if we can avoid it. "

Some people feel its a badge of honour to work when you're ill. And that those who stay off when sick are wimps. And that's fine as long as it doesn't effect anyone else. But spreading germs to others isn't much of a badge of honour and its not a culture most other countries Ive worked in have.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Depends why I'm feeling ill.I thought it was something infectious for example a stomach bug I would stay home. If just a headache probably not.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Pre covid, I've gone out or to work with a cold. I couldn't of taken time off for a cold unless it put me on my arse. If I thought I may of had a bug of some kind then I stay home.

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

I've gone to work or out in society when I've had a cold.

Colds are quite different to covid-19, of course.

It would be very silly to try and make some point that relied on them being similar. So I'm sure OP isn't doing that.

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

"Ask your friend what point they're making here."

If you start only allowing posts that make a point the forum would be empty.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If you start only allowing posts that make a point the forum would be empty. "

posts that don't make a point are allowed.

This person's friend has a point to make though I feel

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

This person's friend has a point to make though I feel "

Pointillism?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

This person's friend has a point to make though I feel

Pointillism? "

I get that impression

Post new Message to Thread